|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, On the European Stage, Chapters 48-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Charles XII launch his surprise campaign against Narva?
2. Patriarch Nikon, who challenged Alexis and sternly enforced his own views, was deposed in what year?
3. Chapter 45 showed Charles XII held in Adrianople for how long while Turkey and Russia concluded peace?
(a) Twenty months.
(b) Twelve months.
(c) Eight months.
(d) Sixteen months.
4. Unable to fight with Sweden or Britain in new "ship-of-the-line" warships, what did Peter build that could sail close to shore and swarm larger ships?
(a) Rowed frigates.
(b) Rowed galleys.
(c) Rowed catamarans.
(d) Rowed kayaks.
5. Sieges were preferred to open-field battle and frequently ended in what manner?
(a) Minimal deaths.
(b) Religious sanctuary.
(c) Massive retreat.
(d) Honorable surrender.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Peter's son Alexis marry in Chapter 43?
2. In Chapter 9, Peter was shown enjoying his freedom for how many more years?
3. During the period when Peter built a warship, endangered himself with war games and fireworks, and ignored the Kremlin, what almost took his life?
4. Due to the French monarch's age, who served as Regent for Louis XV?
5. Patkul, an anti-Swede from __________, stirred Peter and Augustus to action against Charles XII?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)