|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, On the European Stage, Chapters 40-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. William III met Peter, long an admirer of his military exploits against _____________.
(c) The Greek Orthodox Church.
2. Chapter 20 drew heavily on accounts by an Austrian named ______________________who depicts Peter partying as the events in the previous chapters unfold.
(a) Georg-Johann Korb.
(b) Johann-Georg Korb.
(c) Bernhard Victor Schmidt.
(d) Heinrich Rudolf Hertz.
3. Avoiding open warfare in Poland, where did the Russians retreat to?
4. General Lewenhaupt was sent for a massive quantity of supplies, but his effort bogged down and cost the campaign of Charles XII how much time?
(d) Nearly a year.
5. While he maintained his devotion to Orthodoxy, Peter investigated Anglicanism and was fascinated by which denomination?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sweden, overextended at the peak of its power, ruled Estonia, Ingria, Finland, Karelia, Western Pomerania, Livonia, and ports near what location?
2. The fifty blows mentioned in the title of Chapter 42 were only half the number Peter deserved for risking capture at what location?
3. Chapter 5 provided background on the "Old Believers" revolt against ritual reforms in the church that dated from ___________.
4. Peter was careful to wander, survey, and practice all that he saw Western technology and science reveal, and he dedicated himself to ____________.
5. Chapter 46 examined the rapid growth of St. Petersburg following what year?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)