|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, On the European Stage, Chapters 40-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 33, some 35,000 Swedes were against 57,500 Russians, with how many reinforcements respectively?
(a) 30,000, 70,000.
(b) 70,000, 110,000.
(c) 110,000, 70,000.
(d) 50,000, 90,000.
2. Despite people's pleas, Charles XII vowed to make which group join him or face annihilation?
(b) Western Pomeranians.
3. Which two carousing groups did Peter form that convinced many he was the Antichrist?
(a) "Merry Helmsmen" and "Roistering Angels."
(b) "Jolly Muskateers" and "Laughing Bandits."
(c) "Jolly Company" and "Drunken Synod."
(d) "Imbibing Crewmen" and "Happy Swordsmen."
4. After Charles XII was led into a trap, what did he and his troops lose?
(a) Dry gunpowder.
(b) Warm quarters.
(c) Safe retreat.
(d) Food rations.
5. Sweden, overextended at the peak of its power, ruled Estonia, Ingria, Finland, Karelia, Western Pomerania, Livonia, and ports near what location?
Short Answer Questions
1. Patkul, an anti-Swede from __________, stirred Peter and Augustus to action against Charles XII?
2. For how many years was Anna Mons the mistress of Peter?
3. Chapter 24 summarized Charles XII's youth and stressed his love of military science and adventure before he took the throne at what age?
4. General Lewenhaupt was sent for a massive quantity of supplies, but his effort bogged down and cost the campaign of Charles XII how much time?
5. The foes that surrounded Orthodox Russia included Sweden, Poland, the Ottoman Empire, and which other enemy?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)