|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, The Great Northern War, Chapters 22-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter failed in his efforts with Leopold I to gain an ally against the Turks, as Austria was seeking peace in anticipation of new warfare in _____________.
(a) The South.
(b) The West.
(c) The North.
(d) The East.
2. Chapter 21 reflected Peter was back at his highest priority, finding in his shipyards any waste, shortages, or ________.
(a) Sullen workers.
(b) New ideas.
(c) Punishable activities.
(d) Rewardable efforts.
3. Martha Skavronskaya, a peasant girl Sheremetev captured, later became Peter's wife and successor as _________.
(a) Catherine II.
(b) Martha II.
(c) Catherine I.
(d) Martha I.
4. From Voronezh where he displayed power and obtained a treaty with the Turks when Baltic fighting started, Peter set out to reclaim what?
(a) Livonia, Ingria.
(b) Estonia, Livonia.
(c) Estonia, Karelia.
(d) Karelia, Ingria.
5. Peter was concerned by the loss at Narva, but he spared nothing to outfit and train his new army under whom?
(a) Boris Sheremetev.
(b) Markus Sheremetev.
(c) Alexis Sheremetev.
(d) Brutus Sheremetev.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25, Peter attacked a 13th-century Estonian seaport fortress that was defended by how many men?
2. What happened to Peter's great fleet when he sent an envoy on the first Russian warship to enter the Black Sea?
3. Peter was careful to wander, survey, and practice all that he saw Western technology and science reveal, and he dedicated himself to ____________.
4. In 1695, Peter attacked Azov, the Turkish fortress, to end Tatar raids in the Ukraine and gain access to which sea?
5. What was William III doing in Holland when the "Great Embassy" arrived?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)