|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, The Great Embassy, Chapters 17-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter could be easily identified and thronged until he was set up securely in which dockyard?
(a) Amserdam Shipping Company.
(b) East India Company.
(c) Netherlands Nautical, Ltd.
(d) Rotterdam Naval Shipyard.
2. How long did Peter send the "Great Embassy" to Europe to recruit and study?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Twelve months.
(c) Thirty months.
(d) Twenty-four months.
3. What happened to Sophia after her inner circle was tortured and Peter refused to see her?
(a) She was sent for life to Novodevichy Convent.
(b) She was forced to see the torture and execution of her inner circle.
(c) She was executed.
(d) She was banished to Golitsyn's place of exile.
4. Who was the King of Poland that Peter met en route home?
(a) Heinrich I.
(b) Augustus I.
(c) Augustus II.
5. Patriarch Nikon, who challenged Alexis and sternly enforced his own views, was deposed in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was William III doing in Holland when the "Great Embassy" arrived?
2. Which friend did Peter bury In March, 1699?
3. In what year did Peter first visit Archangel, Russia's only port near the Arctic Circle?
4. Chapter 5 provided background on the "Old Believers" revolt against ritual reforms in the church that dated from ___________.
5. Peter dealt harshly with robbers and beggars, especially ones who ________________.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)