|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, The Great Embassy, Chapters 17-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The foes that surrounded Orthodox Russia included Sweden, Poland, the Ottoman Empire, and which other enemy?
(a) Great Britain.
2. The "Great Embassy" ended abruptly before a trip to ________________because word came that the Streltsy were rebelling?
3. What did the author note Peter seemed to identify as the key while he embarked on his "Great Embassy" travels?
(a) Religious tolerance.
(b) Civil acceptance.
(c) International mercantilism.
(d) Naval dominance.
4. During the period when Peter built a warship, endangered himself with war games and fireworks, and ignored the Kremlin, what almost took his life?
(d) Yellow fever.
5. Upset by Sophia, whom did the boyars rally around?
(a) The Natalyas.
(b) The Nesterovs.
(c) The Naryshkins.
(d) The Nerchinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kept order as Peter embarked on the "Great Embassy"?
2. "Great Embassy" member in Russia felt that Europeans who embraced music, art, literature, and science were _________.
3. Who was the King of Poland that Peter met en route home?
4. Leopold I promised not to relinquish gains Peter made at Azov, but he offered no assistance in gaining entry to which sea?
5. Chapter 21 reflected Peter was back at his highest priority, finding in his shipyards any waste, shortages, or ________.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)