|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Old Muscovy, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After invading the Kremlin, for how many days did Muscovy's soldiers kill boyars?
(d) A week.
2. What was the result of Golitsyn's encounter with the Khan of the Crimea?
(a) Two failed campaigns.
(b) One failed campaign.
(c) One failed and one victorious campaigns.
(d) One victorious campaign.
3. How did Sophia use Fedor's funeral to break tradition?
(a) Mourned, cried publicly.
(b) Mourned, chanted publicly.
(c) Mourned, raged publicly.
(d) Mourned, prayed privately.
4. In 1695, Peter attacked Azov, the Turkish fortress, to end Tatar raids in the Ukraine and gain access to which sea?
(a) Mediterranean Sea.
(b) Baltic Sea.
(c) Black Sea.
(d) Red Sea.
5. When Fedor died in 1682 without an heir, the choice was between Peter and ____________.
(a) Fedor's physically-challenged cousin, Ivan.
(b) Fedor's healthy cousin, Ivan.
(c) Fedor's physically-challenged brother, Ivan.
(d) Fedor's healthy brother, Ivan.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, Sophia installed new cohorts including her lover, Prince Vasily Golitsyn, and which others?
2. Reports that the Streltsy were marching against him sent Peter in flight by night to the historic Troitsky Monastery______________.
3. When was Peter born?
4. Patriarch Nikon, who challenged Alexis and sternly enforced his own views, was deposed in what year?
5. Peter won over the Patriarch, threatened to kill any who opposed him, and then commanded all foreign officers to do what?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)