|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Old Muscovy, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter won over the Patriarch, threatened to kill any who opposed him, and then commanded all foreign officers to do what?
(a) Lay down their arms.
(b) Surrender or face death.
(c) Leave, return home.
(d) Rally behind him.
2. In Chapter 3, who was Sophia?
3. Sophia surveyed the plight of women in 17th-century Russia and ______________in particular.
(a) Women serfs.
(b) Royal sisters.
(c) Female students, housed in a school "terem."
(d) Peasant women.
4. In what year did Peter first visit Archangel, Russia's only port near the Arctic Circle?
5. Which two carousing groups did Peter form that convinced many he was the Antichrist?
(a) "Imbibing Crewmen" and "Happy Swordsmen."
(b) "Merry Helmsmen" and "Roistering Angels."
(c) "Jolly Company" and "Drunken Synod."
(d) "Jolly Muskateers" and "Laughing Bandits."
Short Answer Questions
1. As many fundamentalists rallied behind Archpriest Avvakum, where did others populate?
2. How did Sophia use Fedor's funeral to break tradition?
3. Chapter 5 provided background on the "Old Believers" revolt against ritual reforms in the church that dated from ___________.
4. At what age did Peter lose his father?
5. Peter's passion for sailing began when he and his tutor found, refurbished, and took a boat out on what lake?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)