|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Old Muscovy, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sophia surveyed the plight of women in 17th-century Russia and ______________in particular.
(a) Royal sisters.
(b) Peasant women.
(c) Women serfs.
(d) Female students, housed in a school "terem."
2. In what year did Peter first visit Archangel, Russia's only port near the Arctic Circle?
3. Golitsyn was responsible for what foreign policy highpoint of the Regency?
(a) Return of Kazan to Russian control.
(b) Return of Moscow to Russian control.
(c) Return of Kiev to Russian control.
(d) Return of Perm to Russian control.
4. During what year did Muscovy's soldiers believe Sophia's rumors of treachery?
5. The foes that surrounded Orthodox Russia included Sweden, Poland, the Ottoman Empire, and which other enemy?
(b) Great Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Streltsy mobilized against rumors that Peter would kill whom in Chapter 8?
2. In 1695, Peter attacked Azov, the Turkish fortress, to end Tatar raids in the Ukraine and gain access to which sea?
3. What was the result of Golitsyn's encounter with the Khan of the Crimea?
4. When was Peter born?
5. Peter's passion for sailing began when he and his tutor found, refurbished, and took a boat out on what lake?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)