Part 1, Old Muscovy, Chapters 1-6
1. Chapter 1 described Moscow in what period?
(a) The 1680s.
(b) The 1660s.
(c) The 1670s.
(d) The 1650s.
2. The foes that surrounded Orthodox Russia included Sweden, Poland, the Ottoman Empire, and which other enemy?
(a) Great Britain.
3. Tsar Alexis is described as what type of ruler?
4. When was Peter born?
(a) August 30, 1672.
(b) April 30, 1672.
(c) June 30, 1672.
(d) May 30, 1672.
5. At what age did Peter lose his father?
6. When Fedor died in 1682 without an heir, the choice was between Peter and ____________.
(a) Fedor's healthy brother, Ivan.
(b) Fedor's healthy cousin, Ivan.
(c) Fedor's physically-challenged cousin, Ivan.
(d) Fedor's physically-challenged brother, Ivan.
7. In Chapter 3, who was Sophia?
8. Sophia surveyed the plight of women in 17th-century Russia and ______________in particular.
(a) Women serfs.
(b) Female students, housed in a school "terem."
(c) Peasant women.
(d) Royal sisters.
9. How did Sophia use Fedor's funeral to break tradition?
(a) Mourned, prayed privately.
(b) Mourned, cried publicly.
(c) Mourned, raged publicly.
(d) Mourned, chanted publicly.
This section contains 4,398 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)