|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who notices Louis's car is gone from the house in Chapter 46?
2. What does Louis believe is missing when he opens the casket?
3. How does Louis pass the time as he waits in his hotel room?
4. What premonition did Ellie have?
5. In Chapter 57, what does Louis check his doctor's bag for?
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between the theme and the subject of a literary work? Discuss the differences as they relate to Pet Sematary.
Essay Topic 2
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss foreshadowing and its importance in writing mystery or suspense novels. Select five memorable instances of foreshadowing from the story and write about them in detail. Why did those five instances stay on your mind?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)