|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hiding in Gage's closet in Chapter 35?
2. What does Rachel fear might happen in Chapter 45?
3. Why is Jud worried in Chapter 45?
4. What does Louis buy on his way home from the airport?
5. Who notices Louis's car is gone from the house in Chapter 46?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jud die? How does he end up on the floor and what weapon was used?
2. Why does Louis watch over his sleeping son after their fun day?
3. What is the date of Gage's funeral and in what sequence do we learn about it in the book?
4. What makes Ellie sick during her plane trip? What makes her perk up at the end of the trip?
5. Using Norma's voice, what does one of the intruders tell Jud about what his wife knows and what his wife did?
6. Rachel pulls into a hotel for the night, but doesn't stay. Why does she leave?
7. In Chapter 58, what awakens Jud and why is he upset?
8. What will Louis do if Gage is resurrected as some kind of monster? How does he hope that Gage will return to life?
9. What reason does Jud rationalize for not intercepting Louis once he realizes what Louis must have planned? How does the author lead the reader to believe that there is another reason Jud does not intercept Louis?
10. Who misses the family viewing at the funeral home when Gage dies and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Pet Sematary, forces of both good and evil draw from an all-knowing, or omniscient, spiritual plane. Give examples of the good and evil from the spiritual plane.
Essay Topic 2
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the life and accomplishments of the Pet Sematary author, Stephen King. How did he begin his writing career? What other jobs has he performed? What other works has he written?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)