|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ellie on her birthday in Chapter 34?
2. What will Louis do if Gage becomes a monster?
3. How does Louis open the grave-liner?
4. What premonition did Ellie have?
5. Who does Rachel actually see upstairs in Chapter 59?
Short Essay Questions
1. What challenge does Louis face when returning to his car with Gage's body and how does he overcome it?
2. In Chapter 58, what awakens Jud and why is he upset?
3. Why does Louis want Rachel and Ellie to go to Chicago and how does he convince them to go?
4. Who misses the family viewing at the funeral home when Gage dies and why?
5. What inspires Rachel to finally discuss her sister's death? Is she usually inspired by such instances?
6. What is happening with Louis and with Rachel at 11 p.m. in Chapters 47-48? Why does the author report their activities this way?
7. Why was Rachel scared of her sister?
8. Using Norma's voice, what does one of the intruders tell Jud about what his wife knows and what his wife did?
9. What father-son activity do the Creeds enjoy on March 24, 1984 and why is it so special?
10. When Louis first saw the Indian burial ground, he noted all the cairns had been disturbed. As he's burying Gage, the reader learns that Louis has discovered why. Why have the cairns been disturbed and how does Louis know this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the resolution in Pet Sematary and does it resolve the primary conflict in the novel? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between the theme and the subject of a literary work? Discuss the differences as they relate to Pet Sematary.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the life and accomplishments of the Pet Sematary author, Stephen King. How did he begin his writing career? What other jobs has he performed? What other works has he written?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)