|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 52, what time does Rachel call Jud?
2. What scares Jud most about the townsman who was resurrected at the Indian cemetery?
3. What time does Rachel miss her plane in Boston?
4. Who insists in Chapter 45 that something is wrong with Louis?
5. Who has dreams about Gage in Chapter 43?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Louis watch over his sleeping son after their fun day?
2. What reason does Jud rationalize for not intercepting Louis once he realizes what Louis must have planned? How does the author lead the reader to believe that there is another reason Jud does not intercept Louis?
3. What inspires Rachel to finally discuss her sister's death? Is she usually inspired by such instances?
4. How does Louis get into Pleasantview Cemetery once the gates are locked?
5. Why does Louis want Rachel and Ellie to go to Chicago and how does he convince them to go?
6. How does Louis feel when he sees Jud comforting Ellie at the funeral in Chapter 41 and why does he feel that way?
7. Using Norma's voice, what does one of the intruders tell Jud about what his wife knows and what his wife did?
8. What challenge does Louis face when returning to his car with Gage's body and how does he overcome it?
9. Who are the two intruders in Jud's house and what reason does one intruder give for being there?
10. What makes Ellie sick during her plane trip? What makes her perk up at the end of the trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify and define exposition. What did the reader learn from the exposition in Pet Sematary? Was the information consistent throughout the book or did it change? Explain your answer and reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
What is inciting force and which character was the inciting force in this story? How did the character fulfill that role? Give three examples and discuss the importance of each one in detail.
Essay Topic 3
Define and discuss crisis in literature. When does it occur? Discuss the crisis of Pet Sematary in detail.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)