|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While on the plane to Chicago, which character visits Ellie in a dream to tell her something bad is going to happen?
2. Who fights at the funeral home in Chapter 36?
3. What does Louis buy on his way home from the airport?
4. Who comforts Ellie at the graveside service in Chapter 41?
5. Whose funeral is on May 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Louis help console his wife and daughter?
2. Who misses the family viewing at the funeral home when Gage dies and why?
3. What is happening with Louis and with Rachel at 11 p.m. in Chapters 47-48? Why does the author report their activities this way?
4. In Chapter 58, what awakens Jud and why is he upset?
5. What reason does Jud rationalize for not intercepting Louis once he realizes what Louis must have planned? How does the author lead the reader to believe that there is another reason Jud does not intercept Louis?
6. What challenge does Louis face when returning to his car with Gage's body and how does he overcome it?
7. Why doesn't Louis drive home after taking his family to the airport and what thoughts does he have while eating dinner at the hotel's restaurant?
8. How does Jud die? How does he end up on the floor and what weapon was used?
9. Who are the two intruders in Jud's house and what reason does one intruder give for being there?
10. Why was Rachel scared of her sister?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Louis's main character flaw? How does it affect his relationship with his wife? How does it affect him intrapersonally? Why is Louis able to discuss death honestly with his daughter? What to these traits tell us about the protagonist?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the life and accomplishments of the Pet Sematary author, Stephen King. How did he begin his writing career? What other jobs has he performed? What other works has he written?
Essay Topic 3
Define and discuss crisis in literature. When does it occur? Discuss the crisis of Pet Sematary in detail.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)