|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Timmy call a whoremonger?
2. What does Rachel do when sees the person upstairs in Chapter 59?
3. What is the last happy day of Louis's life?
4. What did Zelda call The Wizard of Oz?
5. What premonition did Ellie have?
Essay Topic 1
Identify and define exposition. What did the reader learn from the exposition in Pet Sematary? Was the information consistent throughout the book or did it change? Explain your answer and reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tone of Pet Sematary. How did the author reveal the tone and from whose point of view? Was the tone consistent throughout the book or did it seem to fluctuate? Include examples from the story with your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
How was Victor Pascow important to the story? What was his role and how did he fulfill it? How did the author's decision to use a stranger for this role impact the story?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)