|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for Jud's late night visit in Chapter 38?
2. What makes Rachel think of Gage when she arrives at the first place she stops in Ludlow?
3. How does Louis get Ellie to leave home after the funeral in Chapter 41?
4. What car does Louis drive?
5. What will Louis do if Gage becomes a monster?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the protagonist and antagonist in this story. In what ways are the two characters similar? What are their differences? What is the relationship of the protagonist and antagonist in Pet Sematary? How might the story have differed if another character was antagonist (select a character and write about the difference you would expect)?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the life and accomplishments of the Pet Sematary author, Stephen King. How did he begin his writing career? What other jobs has he performed? What other works has he written?
Essay Topic 3
What is Louis's main character flaw? How does it affect his relationship with his wife? How does it affect him intrapersonally? Why is Louis able to discuss death honestly with his daughter? What to these traits tell us about the protagonist?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)