|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Rachel miss her plane in Boston?
2. What happened just days after Timmy Baterman's funeral?
3. Who did Timmy call a whoremonger?
4. What time does Louis leave for the Pleasantview Cemetery?
5. Who asks Louis at the airport if he's still mad at his father-in-law?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret does Jud admit to Louis in Chapter 39 and why does he share it?
2. What is the date of Gage's funeral and in what sequence do we learn about it in the book?
3. Why doesn't Louis drive home after taking his family to the airport and what thoughts does he have while eating dinner at the hotel's restaurant?
4. What makes Ellie sick during her plane trip? What makes her perk up at the end of the trip?
5. What father-son activity do the Creeds enjoy on March 24, 1984 and why is it so special?
6. In Chapter 58, what awakens Jud and why is he upset?
7. Who are the two intruders in Jud's house and what reason does one intruder give for being there?
8. How does Louis get into Pleasantview Cemetery once the gates are locked?
9. Rachel pulls into a hotel for the night, but doesn't stay. Why does she leave?
10. Who misses the family viewing at the funeral home when Gage dies and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in Pet Sematary. How did it flow? How did the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
Essay Topic 2
In Pet Sematary, forces of both good and evil draw from an all-knowing, or omniscient, spiritual plane. Give examples of the good and evil from the spiritual plane.
Essay Topic 3
Define and discuss climax in literature. When does it occur? Discuss the climax of Pet Sematary in detail.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)