|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 46, who decides to wait up for Louis to return home instead of leaving to go find him?
2. How does Louis hurt himself while trying to enter the cemetery?
3. As Rachel thinks back about Louis taking them to the airport, she becomes frightened when she realizes...
4. What premonition did Ellie have?
5. Where does Louis want the family to move to after Gage's resurrection?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret does Jud admit to Louis in Chapter 39 and why does he share it?
2. What will Louis do if Gage is resurrected as some kind of monster? How does he hope that Gage will return to life?
3. Why does Louis watch over his sleeping son after their fun day?
4. What reason does Jud rationalize for not intercepting Louis once he realizes what Louis must have planned? How does the author lead the reader to believe that there is another reason Jud does not intercept Louis?
5. What father-son activity do the Creeds enjoy on March 24, 1984 and why is it so special?
6. Rachel pulls into a hotel for the night, but doesn't stay. Why does she leave?
7. How does Louis get into Pleasantview Cemetery once the gates are locked?
8. Why does Louis want Rachel and Ellie to go to Chicago and how does he convince them to go?
9. Why was Rachel scared of her sister?
10. After burying Gage in the Indian cemetery, Louis makes his way home then falls asleep. What does he dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify and define exposition. What did the reader learn from the exposition in Pet Sematary? Was the information consistent throughout the book or did it change? Explain your answer and reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 51-57, Louis and Rachel are both experiencing some conflict. Define conflict and discuss in detail the conflicts facing Louis and Rachel in these chapters. Please also note the technique in which the author reports or expresses the urgency of the conflict.
Essay Topic 3
Define and discuss climax in literature. When does it occur? Discuss the climax of Pet Sematary in detail.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)