|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fights at the funeral home in Chapter 36?
2. Who phones Louis in Chapter 60?
3. In Chapter 52, what time does Rachel call Jud?
4. Who does Rachel actually see upstairs in Chapter 59?
5. When leaving Pleasantview Cemetery, where does Louis find his car keys?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 58, what awakens Jud and why is he upset?
2. Why can't Louis help console his wife and daughter?
3. What challenge does Louis face when returning to his car with Gage's body and how does he overcome it?
4. What makes Ellie sick during her plane trip? What makes her perk up at the end of the trip?
5. What inspires Rachel to finally discuss her sister's death? Is she usually inspired by such instances?
6. What will Louis do if Gage is resurrected as some kind of monster? How does he hope that Gage will return to life?
7. How does Jud die? How does he end up on the floor and what weapon was used?
8. Who misses the family viewing at the funeral home when Gage dies and why?
9. What secret does Jud admit to Louis in Chapter 39 and why does he share it?
10. Using Norma's voice, what does one of the intruders tell Jud about what his wife knows and what his wife did?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define and discuss crisis in literature. When does it occur? Discuss the crisis of Pet Sematary in detail.
Essay Topic 2
Jud was terrified that the resurrected Timmy Baterman "knew things." How does this fear relate to the conflict and the theme of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What is the resolution in Pet Sematary and does it resolve the primary conflict in the novel? Explain your answer.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)