|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ellie on her birthday in Chapter 34?
2. How does Louis hurt himself while trying to enter the cemetery?
3. What inspires Rachel to finally discuss the details of her sister's death?
4. In Chapter 46, who decides to wait up for Louis to return home instead of leaving to go find him?
5. What scares Jud most about the townsman who was resurrected at the Indian cemetery?
Essay Topic 1
What is Louis's main character flaw? How does it affect his relationship with his wife? How does it affect him intrapersonally? Why is Louis able to discuss death honestly with his daughter? What to these traits tell us about the protagonist?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between the theme and the subject of a literary work? Discuss the differences as they relate to Pet Sematary.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the tone of Pet Sematary. How did the author reveal the tone and from whose point of view? Was the tone consistent throughout the book or did it seem to fluctuate? Include examples from the story with your discussion.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)