|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Louis feel guilty in Chapter 33?
2. How were all the cairns disturbed at the Indian burial site?
3. How does Louis get Ellie to leave home after the funeral in Chapter 41?
4. Who is happy that Rachel plans to return to check on Louis?
5. Who did not attend the funeral in Chapter 33?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Louis help console his wife and daughter?
2. Why doesn't Louis drive home after taking his family to the airport and what thoughts does he have while eating dinner at the hotel's restaurant?
3. In Chapter 58, what awakens Jud and why is he upset?
4. What secret does Jud admit to Louis in Chapter 39 and why does he share it?
5. Rachel pulls into a hotel for the night, but doesn't stay. Why does she leave?
6. What makes Ellie sick during her plane trip? What makes her perk up at the end of the trip?
7. How does Jud die? How does he end up on the floor and what weapon was used?
8. Using Norma's voice, what does one of the intruders tell Jud about what his wife knows and what his wife did?
9. After burying Gage in the Indian cemetery, Louis makes his way home then falls asleep. What does he dream?
10. Why does Louis want Rachel and Ellie to go to Chicago and how does he convince them to go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several techniques the author uses to build suspense. Write in detail about two of those techniques and give examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the life and accomplishments of the Pet Sematary author, Stephen King. How did he begin his writing career? What other jobs has he performed? What other works has he written?
Essay Topic 3
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)