|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hiding in Gage's closet in Chapter 35?
2. What did Zelda call The Wizard of Oz?
3. How does Louis get into the Pleasantview Cemetery?
4. What makes Rachel think of Gage when she arrives at the first place she stops in Ludlow?
5. How old is Ellie on her birthday in Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who misses the family viewing at the funeral home when Gage dies and why?
2. Using Norma's voice, what does one of the intruders tell Jud about what his wife knows and what his wife did?
3. When Louis first saw the Indian burial ground, he noted all the cairns had been disturbed. As he's burying Gage, the reader learns that Louis has discovered why. Why have the cairns been disturbed and how does Louis know this?
4. Why does Louis want Rachel and Ellie to go to Chicago and how does he convince them to go?
5. Rachel pulls into a hotel for the night, but doesn't stay. Why does she leave?
6. What will Louis do if Gage is resurrected as some kind of monster? How does he hope that Gage will return to life?
7. What inspires Rachel to finally discuss her sister's death? Is she usually inspired by such instances?
8. What secret does Jud admit to Louis in Chapter 39 and why does he share it?
9. Who are the two intruders in Jud's house and what reason does one intruder give for being there?
10. How does Louis get into Pleasantview Cemetery once the gates are locked?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the resolution in Pet Sematary and does it resolve the primary conflict in the novel? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in Pet Sematary. How did it flow? How did the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Jud was terrified that the resurrected Timmy Baterman "knew things." How does this fear relate to the conflict and the theme of the book?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)