|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louis see when he looks out the window in Chapter 60?
2. Who prescribes bed rest for Rachel and Ellie?
3. What car does Louis drive?
4. What does Louis believe is missing when he opens the casket?
5. Who bumps into and knocks over the casket in Chapter 36?
Short Essay Questions
1. Using Norma's voice, what does one of the intruders tell Jud about what his wife knows and what his wife did?
2. What is happening with Louis and with Rachel at 11 p.m. in Chapters 47-48? Why does the author report their activities this way?
3. Why does Louis want Rachel and Ellie to go to Chicago and how does he convince them to go?
4. Rachel pulls into a hotel for the night, but doesn't stay. Why does she leave?
5. Why was Rachel scared of her sister?
6. What makes Ellie sick during her plane trip? What makes her perk up at the end of the trip?
7. How does Jud die? How does he end up on the floor and what weapon was used?
8. Who misses the family viewing at the funeral home when Gage dies and why?
9. What is the date of Gage's funeral and in what sequence do we learn about it in the book?
10. After burying Gage in the Indian cemetery, Louis makes his way home then falls asleep. What does he dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapters 51-57, Louis and Rachel are both experiencing some conflict. Define conflict and discuss in detail the conflicts facing Louis and Rachel in these chapters. Please also note the technique in which the author reports or expresses the urgency of the conflict.
Essay Topic 2
What is the resolution in Pet Sematary and does it resolve the primary conflict in the novel? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the life and accomplishments of the Pet Sematary author, Stephen King. How did he begin his writing career? What other jobs has he performed? What other works has he written?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)