|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ellie's fear at the Chapter 33 funeral?
2. Upon leaving Pleasantview Cemetery, what does Louis toss over the fence?
3. Who bumps into and knocks over the casket in Chapter 36?
4. How does Rachel continue her trip after missing her plane?
5. What time does Louis actually reach the cement grave liner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Using Norma's voice, what does one of the intruders tell Jud about what his wife knows and what his wife did?
2. How does Louis feel when he sees Jud comforting Ellie at the funeral in Chapter 41 and why does he feel that way?
3. In Chapter 58, what awakens Jud and why is he upset?
4. After burying Gage in the Indian cemetery, Louis makes his way home then falls asleep. What does he dream?
5. Why can't Louis help console his wife and daughter?
6. What secret does Jud admit to Louis in Chapter 39 and why does he share it?
7. Rachel pulls into a hotel for the night, but doesn't stay. Why does she leave?
8. What father-son activity do the Creeds enjoy on March 24, 1984 and why is it so special?
9. Who misses the family viewing at the funeral home when Gage dies and why?
10. What makes Ellie sick during her plane trip? What makes her perk up at the end of the trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Louis's main character flaw? How does it affect his relationship with his wife? How does it affect him intrapersonally? Why is Louis able to discuss death honestly with his daughter? What to these traits tell us about the protagonist?
Essay Topic 2
Identify and define exposition. What did the reader learn from the exposition in Pet Sematary? Was the information consistent throughout the book or did it change? Explain your answer and reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)