|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Louis's dream in Chapter 40, what accomplishment does Gage earn?
2. On the path to the pet sematary, Louis hears a sobbing laugh. He tells himself it is only...
3. What car does Louis drive?
4. Who is hiding in Gage's closet in Chapter 35?
5. As Rachel thinks back about Louis taking them to the airport, she becomes frightened when she realizes...
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jud die? How does he end up on the floor and what weapon was used?
2. What secret does Jud admit to Louis in Chapter 39 and why does he share it?
3. What will Louis do if Gage is resurrected as some kind of monster? How does he hope that Gage will return to life?
4. Why does Louis want Rachel and Ellie to go to Chicago and how does he convince them to go?
5. How does Louis feel when he sees Jud comforting Ellie at the funeral in Chapter 41 and why does he feel that way?
6. Why was Rachel scared of her sister?
7. In Chapter 58, what awakens Jud and why is he upset?
8. What challenge does Louis face when returning to his car with Gage's body and how does he overcome it?
9. Who misses the family viewing at the funeral home when Gage dies and why?
10. What reason does Jud rationalize for not intercepting Louis once he realizes what Louis must have planned? How does the author lead the reader to believe that there is another reason Jud does not intercept Louis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was Victor Pascow important to the story? What was his role and how did he fulfill it? How did the author's decision to use a stranger for this role impact the story?
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss crisis in literature. When does it occur? Discuss the crisis of Pet Sematary in detail.
Essay Topic 3
What is the resolution in Pet Sematary and does it resolve the primary conflict in the novel? Explain your answer.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)