|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Louis tell his caller?
2. What is Ellie's fear at the Chapter 33 funeral?
3. Where does Louis want the family to move to after Gage's resurrection?
4. Who did not attend the funeral in Chapter 33?
5. In Chapter 57, what does Louis dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in Pet Sematary. How did it flow? How did the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Jud was terrified that the resurrected Timmy Baterman "knew things." How does this fear relate to the conflict and the theme of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Identify and define exposition. What did the reader learn from the exposition in Pet Sematary? Was the information consistent throughout the book or did it change? Explain your answer and reasoning.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)