|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rachel's job while Louis was in medical school?
2. What new habit does Church have?
3. Who is sick when the plane lands?
4. What does the dying man tell Louis about the Pet Sematary?
5. Who made the grave markers for the pet cemetery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the dead man tell Louis and why?
2. What is Louis's reaction when the dead man shows up in his bedroom doorway?
3. What do the Indians believe about the Wendigo and how does this belief affect their sacred burial grounds?
4. How does Louis explain to Ellie about the cat getting "fixed."
5. How does the university medical center transport Pascow to the local hospital?
6. Who is Steve Masterson and what role does he have in the horrible accident that happens on the first day of school?
7. Why does Louis try to quickly clean up any animals that Church kills?
8. What alarms Louis on the first day of school as he pulls into the medical center parking lot?
9. Why is Louis reluctant to take Jud up on his offer of a late-night beer?
10. Why doesn't Norma get out of the house more?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define and discuss climax in literature. When does it occur? Discuss the climax of Pet Sematary in detail.
Essay Topic 2
There are several techniques the author uses to build suspense. Write in detail about two of those techniques and give examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
In Pet Sematary, forces of both good and evil draw from an all-knowing, or omniscient, spiritual plane. Give examples of the good and evil from the spiritual plane.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)