|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who maintains the pet cemetery?
2. Who is sick when the plane lands?
3. Who removes the stinger in Chapter 3?
4. Who was considered a bit crazy by the locals?
5. Who made the grave markers for the pet cemetery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Louis visit the Pet Sematary after dinner in Chapter 18 and what does he do when he is there?
2. Using Norma's voice, what does one of the intruders tell Jud about what his wife knows and what his wife did?
3. Who are the two intruders in Jud's house and what reason does one intruder give for being there?
4. What makes Ellie sick during her plane trip? What makes her perk up at the end of the trip?
5. Why does Louis watch over his sleeping son after their fun day?
6. What secret does Jud admit to Louis in Chapter 39 and why does he share it?
7. How does Louis feel as he crosses into the Indian territory with Jud?
8. Who told Jud about the Indian burial ground and why?
9. Discuss two examples of foreshadowing in Chapters 6-10.
10. What father-son activity do the Creeds enjoy on March 24, 1984 and why is it so special?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapters 51-57, Louis and Rachel are both experiencing some conflict. Define conflict and discuss in detail the conflicts facing Louis and Rachel in these chapters. Please also note the technique in which the author reports or expresses the urgency of the conflict.
Essay Topic 2
What is the resolution in Pet Sematary and does it resolve the primary conflict in the novel? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is Louis's main character flaw? How does it affect his relationship with his wife? How does it affect him intrapersonally? Why is Louis able to discuss death honestly with his daughter? What to these traits tell us about the protagonist?
This section contains 1,288 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)