|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what is Louis working on when he is summoned to an emergency?
2. In Chapter 2, how does Ellie cut her knee?
3. Who offers to take Ellie for a walk down the path in the Creed's backyard?
4. In Chapter 2, why does Gage begin to scream?
5. Who tells Louis in Chapter 22 that a man grows what he can then tends it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the appearance of the "pet sematary."
2. Discuss two situations cause Louis anxiety in Chapter 7.
3. What is Louis's reaction when the dead man shows up in his bedroom doorway?
4. Who told Jud about the Indian burial ground and why?
5. What secret does Jud and Louis keep from their wives in Chapter 25 and who decides it must be kept a secret?
6. What does Louis do with the Creed family pet after the truck accident on the busy road?
7. What grudge does Louis hold against his father-in-law and why doesn't the man like Louis?
8. What alarms Louis on the first day of school as he pulls into the medical center parking lot?
9. What medical emergency does Louis help with on Halloween night?
10. Why doesn't Louis doubt Jud's tale about the evil powers at the Indian burial grounds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jud was terrified that the resurrected Timmy Baterman "knew things." How does this fear relate to the conflict and the theme of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the life and accomplishments of the Pet Sematary author, Stephen King. How did he begin his writing career? What other jobs has he performed? What other works has he written?
Essay Topic 3
What is inciting force and which character was the inciting force in this story? How did the character fulfill that role? Give three examples and discuss the importance of each one in detail.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)