|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louis dream about the night Gage is sick?
2. Which Indian territory does Louis enter?
3. What inconsistency does Louis notice in Jud's story?
4. Who calls Louis to come home in Chapter 14?
5. Louis has a dream the first night he sleeps in his new house. Who is with him in his dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Louis explain to Ellie about the cat getting "fixed."
2. Why doesn't Louis doubt Jud's tale about the evil powers at the Indian burial grounds?
3. Who told Jud about the Indian burial ground and why?
4. Discuss two examples of foreshadowing in Chapters 6-10.
5. Why is Louis reluctant to take Jud up on his offer of a late-night beer?
6. What does the dead man tell Louis and why?
7. Who is Steve Masterson and what role does he have in the horrible accident that happens on the first day of school?
8. What secret does Jud and Louis keep from their wives in Chapter 25 and who decides it must be kept a secret?
9. What disturbs Louis about the dying man's words?
10. How does Louis feel as he crosses into the Indian territory with Jud?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the resolution in Pet Sematary and does it resolve the primary conflict in the novel? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
There are four points of view in which literature is usually written: first person, third person objective, third person limited, and omniscient. Which point of view does the author use in this book? Is this the most effective point of view for this story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Define and discuss crisis in literature. When does it occur? Discuss the crisis of Pet Sematary in detail.
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)