|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cries all night when the family pet is gone to the vet?
2. During their first screen porch visit, what advice does Jud give Louis?
3. After arriving at the new home, Louis realizes he has lost...
4. Where does Louis go after dinner in Chapter 18?
5. Louis calls the morgue and learns that the dead man's body is...
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the argument between Rachel and Louis regarding their pet and why is it important to the story?
2. Discuss two examples of foreshadowing in Chapters 6-10.
3. How does Louis explain to Ellie about the cat getting "fixed."
4. Who told Jud about the Indian burial ground and why?
5. Where does the dead man take Louis and what does he see that truly frightens him?
6. Why do the Creeds take an almost immediate liking to Jud?
7. What discrepancy in Jud's pet story did Louis recall?
8. Who is Louis's first patient at the university medical center on the first day of school?
9. What is Louis's reaction when the dead man shows up in his bedroom doorway?
10. What secret does Jud and Louis keep from their wives in Chapter 25 and who decides it must be kept a secret?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are four points of view in which literature is usually written: first person, third person objective, third person limited, and omniscient. Which point of view does the author use in this book? Is this the most effective point of view for this story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In Pet Sematary, forces of both good and evil draw from an all-knowing, or omniscient, spiritual plane. Give examples of the good and evil from the spiritual plane.
Essay Topic 3
Identify the protagonist and antagonist in this story. In what ways are the two characters similar? What are their differences? What is the relationship of the protagonist and antagonist in Pet Sematary? How might the story have differed if another character was antagonist (select a character and write about the difference you would expect)?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)