|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dying man tell Louis about the Pet Sematary?
2. In Chapter 14, what is Rachel wearing when Louis arrives home after experiencing the emergency on the first day of school?
3. Where does Louis go after dinner in Chapter 18?
4. What inconsistency does Louis notice in Jud's story?
5. What new habit does Church have?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the story opens, what is Louis's dream job and fantasy?
2. What happens as the family stares at their new home for the first time?
3. How does Louis explain to Ellie about the cat getting "fixed."
4. What is Louis's reaction when the dead man shows up in his bedroom doorway?
5. Why is Louis reluctant to take Jud up on his offer of a late-night beer?
6. Where does the dead man take Louis and what does he see that truly frightens him?
7. Discuss the difference between Louis's and Rachel's thoughts regarding death.
8. What does Louis notice about the family pet after getting it neutered? What do the other family members notice?
9. What is the Creed family pet doing while Gage is choking on his own vomit? What does Louis do to the pet?
10. Who is Steve Masterson and what role does he have in the horrible accident that happens on the first day of school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several techniques the author uses to build suspense. Write in detail about two of those techniques and give examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
How was Victor Pascow important to the story? What was his role and how did he fulfill it? How did the author's decision to use a stranger for this role impact the story?
Essay Topic 3
What is inciting force and which character was the inciting force in this story? How did the character fulfill that role? Give three examples and discuss the importance of each one in detail.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)