|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Louis quickly clean up dead critters dragged up by Church?
2. How does Ellie feel after her first day at school?
3. What are the charges against the driver who hit the jogger?
4. What was Louis's employment dream?
5. In Chapter 2, how does Ellie cut her knee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret does Jud and Louis keep from their wives in Chapter 25 and who decides it must be kept a secret?
2. What grudge does Louis hold against his father-in-law and why doesn't the man like Louis?
3. Why does Louis try to quickly clean up any animals that Church kills?
4. Who is Steve Masterson and what role does he have in the horrible accident that happens on the first day of school?
5. Discuss the difference between Louis's and Rachel's thoughts regarding death.
6. What disturbs Louis about the dying man's words?
7. Why is Louis reluctant to take Jud up on his offer of a late-night beer?
8. Who is Louis's first patient at the university medical center on the first day of school?
9. How does Louis explain to Ellie about the cat getting "fixed."
10. Discuss the appearance of the "pet sematary."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the life and accomplishments of the Pet Sematary author, Stephen King. How did he begin his writing career? What other jobs has he performed? What other works has he written?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between the theme and the subject of a literary work? Discuss the differences as they relate to Pet Sematary.
Essay Topic 3
There are several techniques the author uses to build suspense. Write in detail about two of those techniques and give examples from the story.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)