|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new habit does Church have?
2. Why is Ellie nervous in Chapter 7?
3. What does Louis dream about the night Gage is sick?
4. What did Louis drink at Jud's house?
5. During their first screen porch visit, what advice does Jud give Louis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What discrepancy in Jud's pet story did Louis recall?
2. Why do the Creeds take an almost immediate liking to Jud?
3. What medical emergency does Louis help with on Halloween night?
4. What do the Indians believe about the Wendigo and how does this belief affect their sacred burial grounds?
5. How does the university medical center transport Pascow to the local hospital?
6. Discuss the difference between Louis's and Rachel's thoughts regarding death.
7. What does Jud say the community believed about the Wendigo and what is his own belief?
8. Where does the dead man take Louis and what does he see that truly frightens him?
9. Discuss the appearance of the "pet sematary."
10. What alarms Louis on the first day of school as he pulls into the medical center parking lot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in Pet Sematary. How did it flow? How did the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
Essay Topic 2
What is the resolution in Pet Sematary and does it resolve the primary conflict in the novel? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapters 51-57, Louis and Rachel are both experiencing some conflict. Define conflict and discuss in detail the conflicts facing Louis and Rachel in these chapters. Please also note the technique in which the author reports or expresses the urgency of the conflict.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)