|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Louis believe Jud's ridiculous story about the Indian burial site?
2. In Chapter 2, how does Ellie cut her knee?
3. How does Louis explain his hysteria to his wife?
4. In Chapter 1, why is Louis reluctant to take Jud up on his invitation to stop by for a beer?
5. In Chapter 12, who screams for Louis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Louis's first patient at the university medical center on the first day of school?
2. Discuss the appearance of the "pet sematary."
3. What medical emergency does Louis help with on Halloween night?
4. Discuss two examples of foreshadowing in Chapters 6-10.
5. What is the Creed family pet doing while Gage is choking on his own vomit? What does Louis do to the pet?
6. Who told Jud about the Indian burial ground and why?
7. What disturbs Louis about the dying man's words?
8. What is ironic about the advice Jud gives Louis in Chapter 2?
9. What does Louis do with the Creed family pet after the truck accident on the busy road?
10. As the story opens, what is Louis's dream job and fantasy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between the theme and the subject of a literary work? Discuss the differences as they relate to Pet Sematary.
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss crisis in literature. When does it occur? Discuss the crisis of Pet Sematary in detail.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapters 51-57, Louis and Rachel are both experiencing some conflict. Define conflict and discuss in detail the conflicts facing Louis and Rachel in these chapters. Please also note the technique in which the author reports or expresses the urgency of the conflict.
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)