|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Louis scream when he returns home from his nightly visit to Jud's house?
2. Where does Louis go after dinner in Chapter 18?
3. The Chapter 16 visitor tells Louis that his words are:
4. What inconsistency does Louis notice in Jud's story?
5. What does the blowdown mark?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Norma get out of the house more?
2. Why is Louis reluctant to take Jud up on his offer of a late-night beer?
3. Who told Jud about the Indian burial ground and why?
4. Why does Louis return home feeling petty after his first visit to Jud's house?
5. Discuss the difference between Louis's and Rachel's thoughts regarding death.
6. What does Louis do with the Creed family pet after the truck accident on the busy road?
7. What does the dead man tell Louis and why?
8. What discrepancy in Jud's pet story did Louis recall?
9. What is Louis's reaction when the dead man shows up in his bedroom doorway?
10. Why did Stanny B know so much about the Micmac Indians?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the tone of Pet Sematary. How did the author reveal the tone and from whose point of view? Was the tone consistent throughout the book or did it seem to fluctuate? Include examples from the story with your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the life and accomplishments of the Pet Sematary author, Stephen King. How did he begin his writing career? What other jobs has he performed? What other works has he written?
Essay Topic 3
Identify and define exposition. What did the reader learn from the exposition in Pet Sematary? Was the information consistent throughout the book or did it change? Explain your answer and reasoning.
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)