|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie think about her cat?
2. What does the Chapter 16 visitor tell Louis?
3. In which region of the United States is the Creed's new home?
4. How many times does Louis put Church out in Chapter 28?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Jud warn Ellie about the woods behind the Creed home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the appearance of the "pet sematary."
2. What discrepancy in Jud's pet story did Louis recall?
3. Why does Louis try to quickly clean up any animals that Church kills?
4. What does the dead man tell Louis and why?
5. Why do the Creeds take an almost immediate liking to Jud?
6. What happens as the family stares at their new home for the first time?
7. What disturbs Louis about the dying man's words?
8. What medical emergency does Louis help with on Halloween night?
9. Where does the dead man take Louis and what does he see that truly frightens him?
10. As the story opens, what is Louis's dream job and fantasy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define and discuss crisis in literature. When does it occur? Discuss the crisis of Pet Sematary in detail.
Essay Topic 2
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
Essay Topic 3
In Pet Sematary, forces of both good and evil draw from an all-knowing, or omniscient, spiritual plane. Give examples of the good and evil from the spiritual plane.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)