|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, who does Louis wake to see standing in his bedroom doorway?
2. What is Louis instructed to do on the cliff?
3. Who cries all night when the family pet is gone to the vet?
4. Where does Louis go after dinner in Chapter 18?
5. What does Rachel fix for dinner the night she sends the kids to the babysitter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as the family stares at their new home for the first time?
2. What medical emergency does Louis help with on Halloween night?
3. How does Louis explain to Ellie about the cat getting "fixed."
4. Discuss the difference between Louis's and Rachel's thoughts regarding death.
5. What is Louis's reaction when the dead man shows up in his bedroom doorway?
6. Why doesn't Norma get out of the house more?
7. Discuss two examples of foreshadowing in Chapters 6-10.
8. What is ironic about the advice Jud gives Louis in Chapter 2?
9. What does Jud say the community believed about the Wendigo and what is his own belief?
10. Where does the dead man take Louis and what does he see that truly frightens him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Pet Sematary, forces of both good and evil draw from an all-knowing, or omniscient, spiritual plane. Give examples of the good and evil from the spiritual plane.
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between the theme and the subject of a literary work? Discuss the differences as they relate to Pet Sematary.
Essay Topic 3
What is inciting force and which character was the inciting force in this story? How did the character fulfill that role? Give three examples and discuss the importance of each one in detail.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)