Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who maintains the pet cemetery?
2. Who is sick when the plane lands?
3. Who removes the stinger in Chapter 3?
4. Who was considered a bit crazy by the locals?
5. Who made the grave markers for the pet cemetery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Louis visit the Pet Sematary after dinner in Chapter 18 and what does he do when he is there?
2. Using Norma's voice, what does one of the intruders tell Jud about what his wife knows and what his wife did?
3. Who are the two intruders in Jud's house and what reason does one intruder give for being there?
4. What makes Ellie sick during her plane trip? What makes her perk up at the end of the trip?
5. Why does Louis watch over his sleeping son after their fun day?
6. What secret does Jud admit to Louis in Chapter 39 and why does he share it?
7. How does Louis feel as he crosses into the Indian territory with Jud?
8. Who told Jud about the Indian burial ground and why?
9. Discuss two examples of foreshadowing in Chapters 6-10.
10. What father-son activity do the Creeds enjoy on March 24, 1984 and why is it so special?
Essay Topic 1
Identify the protagonist and antagonist in this story. In what ways are the two characters similar? What are their differences? What is the relationship of the protagonist and antagonist in Pet Sematary? How might the story have differed if another character was antagonist (select a character and write about the difference you would expect)?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss foreshadowing and its importance in writing mystery or suspense novels. Select five memorable instances of foreshadowing from the story and write about them in detail. Why did those five instances stay on your mind?
Essay Topic 3
What is inciting force and which character was the inciting force in this story? How did the character fulfill that role? Give three examples and discuss the importance of each one in detail.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)