|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Chapter 16 visitor take Louis?
2. Who is sick when the plane lands?
3. Which family were trappers and traders in the community in the 1800s?
4. What was the name of the Creed's pet?
5. What does the blowdown mark?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the story opens, what is Louis's dream job and fantasy?
2. How does the university medical center transport Pascow to the local hospital?
3. What is the argument between Rachel and Louis regarding their pet and why is it important to the story?
4. Why does Louis try to quickly clean up any animals that Church kills?
5. Why doesn't Louis doubt Jud's tale about the evil powers at the Indian burial grounds?
6. Who told Jud about the Indian burial ground and why?
7. Discuss two examples of foreshadowing in Chapters 6-10.
8. What happens as the family stares at their new home for the first time?
9. What grudge does Louis hold against his father-in-law and why doesn't the man like Louis?
10. How does Louis explain to Ellie about the cat getting "fixed."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the resolution in Pet Sematary and does it resolve the primary conflict in the novel? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the life and accomplishments of the Pet Sematary author, Stephen King. How did he begin his writing career? What other jobs has he performed? What other works has he written?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)