|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose keys actually get the Creeds into their new home?
2. In Chapter 12, who screams for Louis?
3. What does the dead man's father want to know?
4. Why do local children often take the path?
5. Louis thinks of Jud as...
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the date of Gage's funeral and in what sequence do we learn about it in the book?
2. What does Louis notice about the family pet after getting it neutered? What do the other family members notice?
3. What medical emergency does Louis help with on Halloween night?
4. What is Louis's reaction when the dead man shows up in his bedroom doorway?
5. Why does Louis return home feeling petty after his first visit to Jud's house?
6. What is the Creed family pet doing while Gage is choking on his own vomit? What does Louis do to the pet?
7. What grudge does Louis hold against his father-in-law and why doesn't the man like Louis?
8. What father-son activity do the Creeds enjoy on March 24, 1984 and why is it so special?
9. Using Norma's voice, what does one of the intruders tell Jud about what his wife knows and what his wife did?
10. Discuss the appearance of the "pet sematary."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in Pet Sematary. How did it flow? How did the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between the theme and the subject of a literary work? Discuss the differences as they relate to Pet Sematary.
Essay Topic 3
What is inciting force and which character was the inciting force in this story? How did the character fulfill that role? Give three examples and discuss the importance of each one in detail.
This section contains 1,278 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)