|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jud believe the Indians told the story about the evil presence?
2. What does Louis see in Chapter 22 after climbing a series of stones carved into a cliff?
3. What was Louis's employment dream?
4. Louis's uncle, a mortician, told him that during an autopsy, the skull is filled with...
5. How many times does Louis put Church out in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. What father-son activity do the Creeds enjoy on March 24, 1984 and why is it so special?
2. What will Louis do if Gage is resurrected as some kind of monster? How does he hope that Gage will return to life?
3. How does Louis explain to Ellie about the cat getting "fixed."
4. Discuss the difference between Louis's and Rachel's thoughts regarding death.
5. Why did Stanny B know so much about the Micmac Indians?
6. Why do the Creeds take an almost immediate liking to Jud?
7. What is Louis's reaction when the dead man shows up in his bedroom doorway?
8. What discrepancy in Jud's pet story did Louis recall?
9. What alarms Louis on the first day of school as he pulls into the medical center parking lot?
10. What challenge does Louis face when returning to his car with Gage's body and how does he overcome it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Pet Sematary, forces of both good and evil draw from an all-knowing, or omniscient, spiritual plane. Give examples of the good and evil from the spiritual plane.
Essay Topic 2
Jud was terrified that the resurrected Timmy Baterman "knew things." How does this fear relate to the conflict and the theme of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the protagonist and antagonist in this story. In what ways are the two characters similar? What are their differences? What is the relationship of the protagonist and antagonist in Pet Sematary? How might the story have differed if another character was antagonist (select a character and write about the difference you would expect)?
This section contains 1,260 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)