|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the dying man Louis sees in the campus clinic?
2. What bothers Louis in Chapter 7?
3. Why does Louis believe Jud's ridiculous story about the Indian burial site?
4. How high does Gage's fever get?
5. Whose keys actually get the Creeds into their new home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the two intruders in Jud's house and what reason does one intruder give for being there?
2. How does Louis get into Pleasantview Cemetery once the gates are locked?
3. Why does Louis want Rachel and Ellie to go to Chicago and how does he convince them to go?
4. When Louis first saw the Indian burial ground, he noted all the cairns had been disturbed. As he's burying Gage, the reader learns that Louis has discovered why. Why have the cairns been disturbed and how does Louis know this?
5. Why does Louis watch over his sleeping son after their fun day?
6. What will Louis do if Gage is resurrected as some kind of monster? How does he hope that Gage will return to life?
7. Discuss two situations cause Louis anxiety in Chapter 7.
8. Why doesn't Louis doubt Jud's tale about the evil powers at the Indian burial grounds?
9. What does the dead man tell Louis and why?
10. Why did Stanny B know so much about the Micmac Indians?
Essay Topic 1
Define and discuss crisis in literature. When does it occur? Discuss the crisis of Pet Sematary in detail.
Essay Topic 2
How was Victor Pascow important to the story? What was his role and how did he fulfill it? How did the author's decision to use a stranger for this role impact the story?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the protagonist and antagonist in this story. In what ways are the two characters similar? What are their differences? What is the relationship of the protagonist and antagonist in Pet Sematary? How might the story have differed if another character was antagonist (select a character and write about the difference you would expect)?
This section contains 1,335 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)