|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who maintains the pet cemetery?
2. Who is sick when the plane lands?
3. Who removes the stinger in Chapter 3?
4. Who was considered a bit crazy by the locals?
5. Who made the grave markers for the pet cemetery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Louis visit the Pet Sematary after dinner in Chapter 18 and what does he do when he is there?
2. Using Norma's voice, what does one of the intruders tell Jud about what his wife knows and what his wife did?
3. Who are the two intruders in Jud's house and what reason does one intruder give for being there?
4. What makes Ellie sick during her plane trip? What makes her perk up at the end of the trip?
5. Why does Louis watch over his sleeping son after their fun day?
6. What secret does Jud admit to Louis in Chapter 39 and why does he share it?
7. How does Louis feel as he crosses into the Indian territory with Jud?
8. Who told Jud about the Indian burial ground and why?
9. Discuss two examples of foreshadowing in Chapters 6-10.
10. What father-son activity do the Creeds enjoy on March 24, 1984 and why is it so special?
Essay Topic 1
In literature, there are five types of conflict: man vs. man, man vs. nature/supernatural, man vs. society, man vs. self, and man vs. technology. Which conflict is Pet Sematary? How would the story have differed if written from a different conflict? Select a different conflict and discuss how the story might have been different.
Essay Topic 2
In Pet Sematary, forces of both good and evil draw from an all-knowing, or omniscient, spiritual plane. Give examples of the good and evil from the spiritual plane.
Essay Topic 3
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
This section contains 1,288 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)