|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rachel's job while Louis was in medical school?
2. What does the dead man's father want to know?
3. In Chapter 12, who screams for Louis?
4. What are the charges against the driver who hit the jogger?
5. What were the dying man's last words?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louis notice about the family pet after getting it neutered? What do the other family members notice?
2. Why does Louis return home feeling petty after his first visit to Jud's house?
3. Who is Steve Masterson and what role does he have in the horrible accident that happens on the first day of school?
4. Discuss two examples of foreshadowing in Chapters 6-10.
5. What alarms Louis on the first day of school as he pulls into the medical center parking lot?
6. What does Jud say the community believed about the Wendigo and what is his own belief?
7. As the story opens, what is Louis's dream job and fantasy?
8. Why did Stanny B know so much about the Micmac Indians?
9. What happens as the family stares at their new home for the first time?
10. What is the Creed family pet doing while Gage is choking on his own vomit? What does Louis do to the pet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Louis's main character flaw? How does it affect his relationship with his wife? How does it affect him intrapersonally? Why is Louis able to discuss death honestly with his daughter? What to these traits tell us about the protagonist?
Essay Topic 2
There are four points of view in which literature is usually written: first person, third person objective, third person limited, and omniscient. Which point of view does the author use in this book? Is this the most effective point of view for this story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the tone of Pet Sematary. How did the author reveal the tone and from whose point of view? Was the tone consistent throughout the book or did it seem to fluctuate? Include examples from the story with your discussion.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)