|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dreams that the Creed's cat died?
2. What color are Church's eyes in Chapter 25?
3. Who tells Louis in Chapter 22 that a man grows what he can then tends it?
4. Who calls Louis to come home in Chapter 14?
5. How does Louis escape from the worries associated with a move and a new job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jud say the community believed about the Wendigo and what is his own belief?
2. Where does the dead man take Louis and what does he see that truly frightens him?
3. Why is Louis reluctant to take Jud up on his offer of a late-night beer?
4. What grudge does Louis hold against his father-in-law and why doesn't the man like Louis?
5. What is the Creed family pet doing while Gage is choking on his own vomit? What does Louis do to the pet?
6. Discuss the appearance of the "pet sematary."
7. What do the Indians believe about the Wendigo and how does this belief affect their sacred burial grounds?
8. What disturbs Louis about the dying man's words?
9. Why doesn't Louis doubt Jud's tale about the evil powers at the Indian burial grounds?
10. Why do the Creeds take an almost immediate liking to Jud?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was Victor Pascow important to the story? What was his role and how did he fulfill it? How did the author's decision to use a stranger for this role impact the story?
Essay Topic 2
There are several techniques the author uses to build suspense. Write in detail about two of those techniques and give examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
What is inciting force and which character was the inciting force in this story? How did the character fulfill that role? Give three examples and discuss the importance of each one in detail.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)