|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Louis has a dream the first night he sleeps in his new house. Who is with him in his dream?
2. What does Rachel fix for dinner the night she sends the kids to the babysitter?
3. What does Louis dream about the night Gage is sick?
4. Who was considered a bit crazy by the locals?
5. What inconsistency does Louis notice in Jud's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Creeds take an almost immediate liking to Jud?
2. What grudge does Louis hold against his father-in-law and why doesn't the man like Louis?
3. Why does Louis return home feeling petty after his first visit to Jud's house?
4. What discrepancy in Jud's pet story did Louis recall?
5. What is the argument between Rachel and Louis regarding their pet and why is it important to the story?
6. What is ironic about the advice Jud gives Louis in Chapter 2?
7. What secret does Jud and Louis keep from their wives in Chapter 25 and who decides it must be kept a secret?
8. How does the university medical center transport Pascow to the local hospital?
9. Why does Louis try to quickly clean up any animals that Church kills?
10. What alarms Louis on the first day of school as he pulls into the medical center parking lot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Louis's main character flaw? How does it affect his relationship with his wife? How does it affect him intrapersonally? Why is Louis able to discuss death honestly with his daughter? What to these traits tell us about the protagonist?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tone of Pet Sematary. How did the author reveal the tone and from whose point of view? Was the tone consistent throughout the book or did it seem to fluctuate? Include examples from the story with your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
There are several techniques the author uses to build suspense. Write in detail about two of those techniques and give examples from the story.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)