|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose keys actually get the Creeds into their new home?
2. Why is Ellie nervous in Chapter 7?
3. Why does Louis scream when he returns home from his nightly visit to Jud's house?
4. Who dies after Thanksgiving dinner?
5. Louis has a dream the first night he sleeps in his new house. Who is with him in his dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret does Jud and Louis keep from their wives in Chapter 25 and who decides it must be kept a secret?
2. Who is Louis's first patient at the university medical center on the first day of school?
3. What happens as the family stares at their new home for the first time?
4. What do the Indians believe about the Wendigo and how does this belief affect their sacred burial grounds?
5. How does Louis explain to Ellie about the cat getting "fixed."
6. What alarms Louis on the first day of school as he pulls into the medical center parking lot?
7. What does Louis notice about the family pet after getting it neutered? What do the other family members notice?
8. What is Louis's reaction when the dead man shows up in his bedroom doorway?
9. How does Louis feel as he crosses into the Indian territory with Jud?
10. Discuss two examples of foreshadowing in Chapters 6-10.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss foreshadowing and its importance in writing mystery or suspense novels. Select five memorable instances of foreshadowing from the story and write about them in detail. Why did those five instances stay on your mind?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between the theme and the subject of a literary work? Discuss the differences as they relate to Pet Sematary.
Essay Topic 3
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)