|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returns to the Creed home in Chapter 25?
2. Who doubts the wisdom of showing Louis the burial ground?
3. What happens when Louis climbs the deadfall in Chapter 18?
4. What two secrets is Louis hiding in Chapters 26-30?
5. Who is babysitting the Creed children so their parents can have alone time in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What alarms Louis on the first day of school as he pulls into the medical center parking lot?
2. Who is Steve Masterson and what role does he have in the horrible accident that happens on the first day of school?
3. What does the dead man tell Louis and why?
4. What is Louis's reaction when the dead man shows up in his bedroom doorway?
5. As the story opens, what is Louis's dream job and fantasy?
6. How does Louis feel as he crosses into the Indian territory with Jud?
7. What happens as the family stares at their new home for the first time?
8. Discuss two examples of foreshadowing in Chapters 6-10.
9. Who is Louis's first patient at the university medical center on the first day of school?
10. What medical emergency does Louis help with on Halloween night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the protagonist and antagonist in this story. In what ways are the two characters similar? What are their differences? What is the relationship of the protagonist and antagonist in Pet Sematary? How might the story have differed if another character was antagonist (select a character and write about the difference you would expect)?
Essay Topic 2
What is Louis's main character flaw? How does it affect his relationship with his wife? How does it affect him intrapersonally? Why is Louis able to discuss death honestly with his daughter? What to these traits tell us about the protagonist?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss foreshadowing and its importance in writing mystery or suspense novels. Select five memorable instances of foreshadowing from the story and write about them in detail. Why did those five instances stay on your mind?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)