|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rachel learn of the news about the injured jogger?
(a) On the radio.
(b) On TV.
(c) Through the smalltown grapevine.
(d) She had a premonition.
2. Why does Louis scream when he returns home from his nightly visit to Jud's house?
(a) Church wraps his tail around Louis' ankles.
(b) He dreams about Stevie Wonder.
(c) He falls in the dark garage.
(d) He falls against his truck.
3. What holiday do the children look forward to in Chapter 20?
(b) Fourth of July.
4. While Church lies purring on Gage's chest, what is happening to Gage?
(a) He sleeps peacefully.
(b) His fever goes away.
(c) He's choking on his own vomit.
(d) He's suffocating from cat fur.
5. Who cries all night when the family pet is gone to the vet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Louis drink at Jud's house?
2. What perplexes Louis about the dying man in the campus clinic on the first day of school?
3. Why does Louis quickly clean up dead critters dragged up by Church?
4. In Chapter 16, who does Louis wake to see standing in his bedroom doorway?
5. What does Louis dream about the night Gage is sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louis do with the Creed family pet after the truck accident on the busy road?
2. How does the university medical center transport Pascow to the local hospital?
3. Why doesn't Louis doubt Jud's tale about the evil powers at the Indian burial grounds?
4. Why do the Creeds take an almost immediate liking to Jud?
5. What disturbs Louis about the dying man's words?
6. Why is Louis reluctant to take Jud up on his offer of a late-night beer?
7. What does the dead man tell Louis and why?
8. Who is Steve Masterson and what role does he have in the horrible accident that happens on the first day of school?
9. Why does Louis try to quickly clean up any animals that Church kills?
10. As the story opens, what is Louis's dream job and fantasy?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)