|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Church lies purring on Gage's chest, what is happening to Gage?
(a) He sleeps peacefully.
(b) His fever goes away.
(c) He's suffocating from cat fur.
(d) He's choking on his own vomit.
2. Who first notices the path at the back edge of the Creed's new property?
3. What does the dying man tell Louis about the Pet Sematary?
(a) It is haunted.
(b) It's not just for pets.
(c) It's an illusion.
(d) It's not the real one.
4. Louis thinks of Jud as...
(a) The father he never had.
(b) A big brother figure.
(c) A nosey old neighbor.
(d) The grandfather he never knew.
5. What new habit does Church have?
(a) He bites Louis.
(b) He digs up flowers.
(c) He won't eat dry food.
(d) He smacks his food while chewing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rachel's job while Louis was in medical school?
2. Who was considered a bit crazy by the locals?
3. How old is Jud?
4. What happens when Louis climbs the deadfall in Chapter 18?
5. Who made the grave markers for the pet cemetery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about the advice Jud gives Louis in Chapter 2?
2. As the story opens, what is Louis's dream job and fantasy?
3. Who told Jud about the Indian burial ground and why?
4. Discuss two examples of foreshadowing in Chapters 6-10.
5. Where does the dead man take Louis and what does he see that truly frightens him?
6. What grudge does Louis hold against his father-in-law and why doesn't the man like Louis?
7. Why does Louis visit the Pet Sematary after dinner in Chapter 18 and what does he do when he is there?
8. What secret does Jud and Louis keep from their wives in Chapter 25 and who decides it must be kept a secret?
9. Discuss two situations cause Louis anxiety in Chapter 7.
10. What is the Creed family pet doing while Gage is choking on his own vomit? What does Louis do to the pet?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)