|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to take Ellie for a walk down the path in the Creed's backyard?
(d) A boy from school.
2. What does the Chapter 16 visitor tell Louis?
(a) To get out of the medical profession.
(b) Not to cross the barrier, no matter how tempted.
(c) Not to come back to the pet sematary ever again.
(d) To leave his wife and kids.
3. Who first notices the path at the back edge of the Creed's new property?
4. What did Louis drink at Jud's house?
(a) Two root beers.
(b) Two martinis.
(c) Two beers.
(d) Two cups of coffee.
5. What does Jud warn Louis about during their first evening visit?
(a) The pedestrian traffic on the road.
(b) The truck traffic on the road.
(c) An evil vet who likes to fix animals.
(d) A ghost from the local cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Louis climbs the deadfall in Chapter 18?
2. How does Louis explain his hysteria to his wife?
3. Louis's uncle, a mortician, told him that during an autopsy, the skull is filled with...
4. Who tells Louis in Chapter 22 that a man grows what he can then tends it?
5. Where does the Chapter 16 visitor take Louis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disturbs Louis about the dying man's words?
2. Discuss the appearance of the "pet sematary."
3. Discuss the difference between Louis's and Rachel's thoughts regarding death.
4. Why do the Creeds take an almost immediate liking to Jud?
5. Where does the dead man take Louis and what does he see that truly frightens him?
6. What is the Creed family pet doing while Gage is choking on his own vomit? What does Louis do to the pet?
7. Why did Stanny B know so much about the Micmac Indians?
8. How does Louis explain to Ellie about the cat getting "fixed."
9. Who is Steve Masterson and what role does he have in the horrible accident that happens on the first day of school?
10. Discuss two examples of foreshadowing in Chapters 6-10.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)