|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Louis calls the morgue and learns that the dead man's body is...
(a) Missing from the autopsy center.
(b) Not there because it never existed.
(c) In a morgue in his home state.
(d) Covered in dirt and pine needles.
2. In Chapter 14, what is Rachel wearing when Louis arrives home after experiencing the emergency on the first day of school?
(a) A fancy dress.
(b) A fleece robe.
(c) A jogging suit.
3. How does the campus medical center get the dying man to a hospital?
(a) A student's car.
(b) They don't.
(c) In a campus fire or police truck.
(d) On a bike.
4. How does Ellie feel after her first day at school?
5. Why does Louis believe Jud's ridiculous story about the Indian burial site?
(a) Because he likes the old man.
(b) Because Church was resurrected.
(c) Because he's had too much to drink.
(d) He does not believe him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rachel learn of the news about the injured jogger?
2. In Chapter 1, why is Louis reluctant to take Jud up on his invitation to stop by for a beer?
3. What inconsistency does Louis notice in Jud's story?
4. Who returns to the Creed home in Chapter 25?
5. What is the first emergency Louis tends to at his new job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss two situations cause Louis anxiety in Chapter 7.
2. How does the university medical center transport Pascow to the local hospital?
3. Why does Louis want Rachel and Ellie to go to Chicago and how does he convince them to go?
4. Why does Louis visit the Pet Sematary after dinner in Chapter 18 and what does he do when he is there?
5. What does Louis notice about the family pet after getting it neutered? What do the other family members notice?
6. What is the date of Gage's funeral and in what sequence do we learn about it in the book?
7. Why doesn't Louis doubt Jud's tale about the evil powers at the Indian burial grounds?
8. Why does Louis try to quickly clean up any animals that Church kills?
9. What grudge does Louis hold against his father-in-law and why doesn't the man like Louis?
10. What is ironic about the advice Jud gives Louis in Chapter 2?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)