|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After arriving at the new home, Louis realizes he has lost...
(a) His car keys.
(b) The house keys.
(c) The family pet.
(d) His first aid kit.
2. How does Louis escape from the worries associated with a move and a new job?
(a) He sings karaoke at a local bar.
(b) He takes long walks.
(c) He works long hours.
(d) He daydreams about running away from it all.
3. What does the Chapter 16 visitor tell Louis?
(a) Not to come back to the pet sematary ever again.
(b) To get out of the medical profession.
(c) To leave his wife and kids.
(d) Not to cross the barrier, no matter how tempted.
4. Who leads Louis over the deadfall in Chapter 22?
5. Where does the Chapter 16 visitor take Louis?
(a) To the pet sematary.
(b) To Jud's backyard.
(c) To the kitchen.
(d) To the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, terror drives Louis to his knees when he sees...
2. What does the blowdown mark?
3. What does the dying man tell Louis about the Pet Sematary?
4. What new habit does Church have?
5. Who maintains the pet cemetery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will Louis do if Gage is resurrected as some kind of monster? How does he hope that Gage will return to life?
2. What medical emergency does Louis help with on Halloween night?
3. Rachel pulls into a hotel for the night, but doesn't stay. Why does she leave?
4. What disturbs Louis about the dying man's words?
5. What is the Creed family pet doing while Gage is choking on his own vomit? What does Louis do to the pet?
6. Discuss the difference between Louis's and Rachel's thoughts regarding death.
7. Why does Louis watch over his sleeping son after their fun day?
8. Who is Steve Masterson and what role does he have in the horrible accident that happens on the first day of school?
9. After burying Gage in the Indian cemetery, Louis makes his way home then falls asleep. What does he dream?
10. What secret does Jud and Louis keep from their wives in Chapter 25 and who decides it must be kept a secret?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)