|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what is Louis working on when he is summoned to an emergency?
(b) Checking his emails.
(c) Getting to know co-workers.
(d) Insurance paperwork.
2. Why do local children often take the path?
(a) To play hide and seek.
(b) To hide.
(c) To get lost in the woods.
(d) To go to the pet cemetery.
3. Who was considered a bit crazy by the locals?
(c) Stanny B.
4. How does the campus medical center get the dying man to a hospital?
(a) In a campus fire or police truck.
(b) They don't.
(c) A student's car.
(d) On a bike.
5. Who leads Louis over the deadfall in Chapter 22?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the ambulance missing on Louis's first day at work?
2. For whom was the Creed's pet named?
3. What do the Indians say touched humans and gave them a taste for evil?
4. What is Louis instructed to do on the cliff?
5. What does Louis dream about the night Gage is sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Louis feel as he crosses into the Indian territory with Jud?
2. What disturbs Louis about the dying man's words?
3. What does the dead man tell Louis and why?
4. What is ironic about the advice Jud gives Louis in Chapter 2?
5. As the story opens, what is Louis's dream job and fantasy?
6. Why do the Creeds take an almost immediate liking to Jud?
7. Discuss two situations cause Louis anxiety in Chapter 7.
8. Why doesn't Louis doubt Jud's tale about the evil powers at the Indian burial grounds?
9. Who is Louis's first patient at the university medical center on the first day of school?
10. How does the university medical center transport Pascow to the local hospital?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)