|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two secrets is Louis hiding in Chapters 26-30?
(a) His fear of death and his anger against his in-laws.
(b) The death and resurrection of Church and the prosititute he visited six years prior.
(c) His friendship with Jud and Pascow.
(d) He wants a new car and wants to run away from home.
2. Louis calls the morgue and learns that the dead man's body is...
(a) Covered in dirt and pine needles.
(b) Missing from the autopsy center.
(c) In a morgue in his home state.
(d) Not there because it never existed.
3. Why do local children often take the path?
(a) To hide.
(b) To get lost in the woods.
(c) To go to the pet cemetery.
(d) To play hide and seek.
4. What were the dying man's last words?
(a) "A grown man tends it."
(b) "A man grows a garden then harvests it."
(c) "A man grows what he can and tends it."
(d) "A man grows then dies."
5. Who was considered a bit crazy by the locals?
(a) Stanny B.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first emergency Louis tends to at his new job?
2. What does Louis find in his bed sheets?
3. In Chapter 14, what is Rachel wearing when Louis arrives home after experiencing the emergency on the first day of school?
4. What new habit does Church have?
5. Where do the neighbors visit on Louis's first trip to Jud's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. After burying Gage in the Indian cemetery, Louis makes his way home then falls asleep. What does he dream?
2. Who are the two intruders in Jud's house and what reason does one intruder give for being there?
3. How does Louis feel when he sees Jud comforting Ellie at the funeral in Chapter 41 and why does he feel that way?
4. Why does Louis try to quickly clean up any animals that Church kills?
5. Who misses the family viewing at the funeral home when Gage dies and why?
6. Who is Louis's first patient at the university medical center on the first day of school?
7. Why does Louis watch over his sleeping son after their fun day?
8. What discrepancy in Jud's pet story did Louis recall?
9. What is Louis's reaction when the dead man shows up in his bedroom doorway?
10. What will Louis do if Gage is resurrected as some kind of monster? How does he hope that Gage will return to life?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)