|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sick when the plane lands?
2. How many homes has Jud lived in over the course of his lifetime?
3. What does the dead man's father want to know?
(a) That his son is really dead.
(b) Whether Louis has a license to practice medicine.
(c) Where the ambulance was the day he died.
(d) That everything possible was done to save his son.
4. What did Jud invite Louis to do in Chapter 4?
(a) Come over later for dinner.
(b) Come over later for a beer.
(c) Come over to give his wife medical advice.
(d) Talk a walk down the street.
5. How does Ellie feel after her first day at school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is babysitting the Creed children so their parents can have alone time in Chapter 14?
2. How does Rachel learn of the news about the injured jogger?
3. Whose keys actually get the Creeds into their new home?
4. What does Louis notice is missing from the family pet after being fixed?
5. How does Louis escape from the worries associated with a move and a new job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret does Jud and Louis keep from their wives in Chapter 25 and who decides it must be kept a secret?
2. What does Jud say the community believed about the Wendigo and what is his own belief?
3. What is ironic about the advice Jud gives Louis in Chapter 2?
4. As the story opens, what is Louis's dream job and fantasy?
5. What alarms Louis on the first day of school as he pulls into the medical center parking lot?
6. How does Louis explain to Ellie about the cat getting "fixed."
7. What is the argument between Rachel and Louis regarding their pet and why is it important to the story?
8. What is Louis's reaction when the dead man shows up in his bedroom doorway?
9. Why do the Creeds take an almost immediate liking to Jud?
10. What does Louis notice about the family pet after getting it neutered? What do the other family members notice?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)