|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inconsistency does Louis notice in Jud's story?
(a) Jud said his dog died when he was 14, but previously said he was 10.
(b) Jud said his dog died when he was 10, but previously said he was 14.
(c) Jud said he'd never had a pet of his own.
(d) Jud said his dog died when he was 10, but previously said he was 11.
2. Who tells Louis in Chapter 22 that a man grows what he can then tends it?
3. Why do local children often take the path?
(a) To play hide and seek.
(b) To hide.
(c) To get lost in the woods.
(d) To go to the pet cemetery.
4. Louis calls the morgue and learns that the dead man's body is...
(a) Missing from the autopsy center.
(b) In a morgue in his home state.
(c) Not there because it never existed.
(d) Covered in dirt and pine needles.
5. Who first notices the path at the back edge of the Creed's new property?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dying man tell Louis about the Pet Sematary?
2. What did Louis drink at Jud's house?
3. What is the first emergency Louis tends to at his new job?
4. How many times does Louis put Church out in Chapter 28?
5. What did Jud invite Louis to do in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the dead man take Louis and what does he see that truly frightens him?
2. Why doesn't Louis doubt Jud's tale about the evil powers at the Indian burial grounds?
3. What is the Creed family pet doing while Gage is choking on his own vomit? What does Louis do to the pet?
4. What grudge does Louis hold against his father-in-law and why doesn't the man like Louis?
5. Why does Louis try to quickly clean up any animals that Church kills?
6. What does Louis notice about the family pet after getting it neutered? What do the other family members notice?
7. Discuss the appearance of the "pet sematary."
8. How does Louis feel as he crosses into the Indian territory with Jud?
9. Who told Jud about the Indian burial ground and why?
10. Why does Louis return home feeling petty after his first visit to Jud's house?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)