|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Louis in Chapter 7?
(a) Getting the pet neutered.
(b) An arguement with his wife.
(c) A presentiment of Gage's death and Ellie's first day at school.
(d) Something Jud told him.
2. Why does Louis believe Jud's ridiculous story about the Indian burial site?
(a) Because Church was resurrected.
(b) Because he's had too much to drink.
(c) Because he likes the old man.
(d) He does not believe him.
3. What does Jud tell Louis to say about the cat's burial?
(a) Nothing. Maybe no one will miss him.
(b) He must have run away.
(c) Nothing. Keep it a secret.
(d) A dog ate him.
4. How many homes has Jud lived in over the course of his lifetime?
5. What unusual thing does Louis notice about the stone cairns?
(a) They're all the same color.
(b) They've all been disturbed.
(c) They're all decorated.
(d) They're missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which region of the United States is the Creed's new home?
2. Which word completes the prophetic phrase spoken to Louis by two different people: "The soil of a man's heart is..."
3. Where does Louis awake in Chapter 17?
4. What does the dead man's father want to know?
5. What did the Creed family have as a pet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disturbs Louis about the dying man's words?
2. Who is Louis's first patient at the university medical center on the first day of school?
3. What alarms Louis on the first day of school as he pulls into the medical center parking lot?
4. How does the university medical center transport Pascow to the local hospital?
5. What do the Indians believe about the Wendigo and how does this belief affect their sacred burial grounds?
6. What grudge does Louis hold against his father-in-law and why doesn't the man like Louis?
7. Where does the dead man take Louis and what does he see that truly frightens him?
8. Why does Louis return home feeling petty after his first visit to Jud's house?
9. Discuss the appearance of the "pet sematary."
10. How does Louis feel as he crosses into the Indian territory with Jud?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)