|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high does Gage's fever get?
2. What does Louis dream about the night Gage is sick?
(a) Killing Jud.
(b) Visiting a prostitute.
(c) Running away to Disney World.
(d) Killing the cat and burying him again.
3. How does the campus medical center get the dying man to a hospital?
(a) On a bike.
(b) They don't.
(c) A student's car.
(d) In a campus fire or police truck.
4. Why do local children often take the path?
(a) To go to the pet cemetery.
(b) To play hide and seek.
(c) To get lost in the woods.
(d) To hide.
5. Where does Louis go after dinner in Chapter 18?
(a) To see a prostitute.
(b) To work.
(c) To the pet sematary.
(d) To Jud's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Louis's uncle, a mortician, told him that during an autopsy, the skull is filled with...
2. What does Louis find in his bed sheets?
3. In Chapter 2, why does Gage begin to scream?
4. What does Rachel fix for dinner the night she sends the kids to the babysitter?
5. In Chapter 16, who does Louis wake to see standing in his bedroom doorway?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Steve Masterson and what role does he have in the horrible accident that happens on the first day of school?
2. What does Louis do with the Creed family pet after the truck accident on the busy road?
3. Why does Louis return home feeling petty after his first visit to Jud's house?
4. What secret does Jud and Louis keep from their wives in Chapter 25 and who decides it must be kept a secret?
5. What is Louis's reaction when the dead man shows up in his bedroom doorway?
6. Discuss the difference between Louis's and Rachel's thoughts regarding death.
7. What does Louis notice about the family pet after getting it neutered? What do the other family members notice?
8. Where does the dead man take Louis and what does he see that truly frightens him?
9. What does the dead man tell Louis and why?
10. Why does Louis visit the Pet Sematary after dinner in Chapter 18 and what does he do when he is there?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)