|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what is Louis working on when he is summoned to an emergency?
(b) Getting to know co-workers.
(c) Checking his emails.
(d) Insurance paperwork.
2. What illness does Norma have?
(b) Heart problems.
(d) The common cold.
3. How many homes has Jud lived in over the course of his lifetime?
4. What were the dying man's last words?
(a) "A man grows then dies."
(b) "A man grows what he can and tends it."
(c) "A man grows a garden then harvests it."
(d) "A grown man tends it."
5. Why does Jud believe the Indians told the story about the evil presence?
(a) To scare people away from their cemetery.
(b) To hide their pottery.
(c) Because it was tradition.
(d) To rationalize their own cannibalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Church lies purring on Gage's chest, what is happening to Gage?
2. Who is spending Thanksgiving in Chicago?
3. Louis has a dream the first night he sleeps in his new house. Who is with him in his dream?
4. Why is the ambulance missing on Louis's first day at work?
5. In Chapter 2, why does Gage begin to scream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jud say the community believed about the Wendigo and what is his own belief?
2. What grudge does Louis hold against his father-in-law and why doesn't the man like Louis?
3. What medical emergency does Louis help with on Halloween night?
4. Discuss the appearance of the "pet sematary."
5. What does Louis do with the Creed family pet after the truck accident on the busy road?
6. Who is Steve Masterson and what role does he have in the horrible accident that happens on the first day of school?
7. As the story opens, what is Louis's dream job and fantasy?
8. What disturbs Louis about the dying man's words?
9. What alarms Louis on the first day of school as he pulls into the medical center parking lot?
10. Why did Stanny B know so much about the Micmac Indians?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)