|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two secrets is Louis hiding in Chapters 26-30?
(a) The death and resurrection of Church and the prosititute he visited six years prior.
(b) His friendship with Jud and Pascow.
(c) His fear of death and his anger against his in-laws.
(d) He wants a new car and wants to run away from home.
2. What does the dying man tell Louis about the Pet Sematary?
(a) It's not just for pets.
(b) It's not the real one.
(c) It is haunted.
(d) It's an illusion.
3. While Church lies purring on Gage's chest, what is happening to Gage?
(a) He sleeps peacefully.
(b) He's choking on his own vomit.
(c) He's suffocating from cat fur.
(d) His fever goes away.
4. Who is happy about getting the pet fixed?
(b) Rachel and Ellie.
(c) The pet.
5. What is Louis instructed to do on the cliff?
(a) Bury the cat.
(b) Bury the cat's collar.
(c) Throw the cat over the cliff.
(d) Pray for the cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the campus medical center get the dying man to a hospital?
2. Where does Louis awake in Chapter 17?
3. Why does Louis scream when he returns home from his nightly visit to Jud's house?
4. For whom was the Creed's pet named?
5. What was Louis's employment dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as the family stares at their new home for the first time?
2. What does Louis do with the Creed family pet after the truck accident on the busy road?
3. What is Louis's reaction when the dead man shows up in his bedroom doorway?
4. What do the Indians believe about the Wendigo and how does this belief affect their sacred burial grounds?
5. How does Louis explain to Ellie about the cat getting "fixed."
6. Who told Jud about the Indian burial ground and why?
7. What is ironic about the advice Jud gives Louis in Chapter 2?
8. Why did Stanny B know so much about the Micmac Indians?
9. Discuss two examples of foreshadowing in Chapters 6-10.
10. Why doesn't Louis doubt Jud's tale about the evil powers at the Indian burial grounds?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)