|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, why does Gage begin to scream?
(a) He was bitten by a neighbor's dog.
(b) He was stung by a jellow jacket.
(c) He was stung by a bee.
(d) Ellie kicked him.
2. Who was the dying man Louis sees in the campus clinic?
(a) Jud's cousin.
(b) Victor Pascow.
(d) Victor Paxcow.
3. How old is Jud?
4. What did Louis drink at Jud's house?
(a) Two cups of coffee.
(b) Two root beers.
(c) Two beers.
(d) Two martinis.
5. Who made the grave markers for the pet cemetery?
(a) A vet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first emergency Louis tends to at his new job?
2. What unusual thing does Louis notice about the stone cairns?
3. Who was Zelda?
4. Why is Ellie nervous in Chapter 7?
5. For whom was the Creed's pet named?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Louis try to quickly clean up any animals that Church kills?
2. Discuss the difference between Louis's and Rachel's thoughts regarding death.
3. What medical emergency does Louis help with on Halloween night?
4. Why do the Creeds take an almost immediate liking to Jud?
5. Discuss two situations cause Louis anxiety in Chapter 7.
6. Why does Louis return home feeling petty after his first visit to Jud's house?
7. What alarms Louis on the first day of school as he pulls into the medical center parking lot?
8. Why is Louis reluctant to take Jud up on his offer of a late-night beer?
9. What is the argument between Rachel and Louis regarding their pet and why is it important to the story?
10. Who is Louis's first patient at the university medical center on the first day of school?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)