|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rachel learn of the news about the injured jogger?
(a) On the radio.
(b) She had a premonition.
(c) On TV.
(d) Through the smalltown grapevine.
2. In Chapter 1, why is Louis reluctant to take Jud up on his invitation to stop by for a beer?
(a) He's scared of him.
(b) He's not sure he can trust a stranger's cooking.
(c) He doesn't like the man.
(d) He thinks the Crandalls are looking for free medical advice.
3. Louis's uncle, a mortician, told him that during an autopsy, the skull is filled with...
(a) Anything handy.
(b) Syrofoam peanuts.
(c) Brown paper.
(d) Tissue paper.
4. Which Indian territory does Louis enter?
(a) Micmac territory.
(b) Caddo territory.
(c) Cherokee territory.
(d) Banshee territory.
5. In which region of the United States is the Creed's new home?
(b) The South.
(c) New England.
(d) The West Coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chapter 16 visitor tells Louis that his words are:
2. What did Jud invite Louis to do in Chapter 4?
3. What holiday do the children look forward to in Chapter 20?
4. Who offers to take Ellie for a walk down the path in the Creed's backyard?
5. What is Louis warned to ignore during the trek into Indian territory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Louis reluctant to take Jud up on his offer of a late-night beer?
2. What discrepancy in Jud's pet story did Louis recall?
3. What is ironic about the advice Jud gives Louis in Chapter 2?
4. Discuss the difference between Louis's and Rachel's thoughts regarding death.
5. Discuss the appearance of the "pet sematary."
6. Who is Louis's first patient at the university medical center on the first day of school?
7. What alarms Louis on the first day of school as he pulls into the medical center parking lot?
8. What is Louis's reaction when the dead man shows up in his bedroom doorway?
9. Why does Louis visit the Pet Sematary after dinner in Chapter 18 and what does he do when he is there?
10. How does the university medical center transport Pascow to the local hospital?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)