|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the dying man's last words?
(a) "A grown man tends it."
(b) "A man grows a garden then harvests it."
(c) "A man grows then dies."
(d) "A man grows what he can and tends it."
2. What did the Creed family have as a pet?
(a) A hamster.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A manx.
3. The Chapter 16 visitor tells Louis that his words are:
(a) A threat.
(c) A promise.
(d) A friendly warning.
4. In Chapter 14, what is Rachel wearing when Louis arrives home after experiencing the emergency on the first day of school?
(a) A jogging suit.
(b) A fleece robe.
(d) A fancy dress.
5. Why does Louis believe Jud's ridiculous story about the Indian burial site?
(a) Because he likes the old man.
(b) He does not believe him.
(c) Because Church was resurrected.
(d) Because he's had too much to drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings a sense of calmness to the Creeds in Chapter 2?
2. What are the charges against the driver who hit the jogger?
3. Where do the neighbors visit on Louis's first trip to Jud's house?
4. Which Indian territory does Louis enter?
5. Louis examines Norma and discovers that her doctor is...
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Louis feel as he crosses into the Indian territory with Jud?
2. What happens as the family stares at their new home for the first time?
3. How does the university medical center transport Pascow to the local hospital?
4. What is the argument between Rachel and Louis regarding their pet and why is it important to the story?
5. Who is Louis's first patient at the university medical center on the first day of school?
6. Why doesn't Norma get out of the house more?
7. Discuss two examples of foreshadowing in Chapters 6-10.
8. What grudge does Louis hold against his father-in-law and why doesn't the man like Louis?
9. What disturbs Louis about the dying man's words?
10. What is Louis's reaction when the dead man shows up in his bedroom doorway?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)