|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jud tell Louis to say about the cat's burial?
(a) Nothing. Maybe no one will miss him.
(b) Nothing. Keep it a secret.
(c) He must have run away.
(d) A dog ate him.
2. Louis examines Norma and discovers that her doctor is...
(a) Giving her too much medication.
(b) Giving her the wrong medicine.
(c) Not very smart.
(d) Doing everything he can for her condition.
3. Who was Zelda?
(a) Rachel's sister.
(b) Jud's first dog.
(c) Louis's first cat.
(d) A creepy neighborhood lady.
4. What bothers Louis in Chapter 7?
(a) An arguement with his wife.
(b) Getting the pet neutered.
(c) Something Jud told him.
(d) A presentiment of Gage's death and Ellie's first day at school.
5. Who calls Louis to come home in Chapter 14?
6. Why do local children often take the path?
(a) To play hide and seek.
(b) To go to the pet cemetery.
(c) To hide.
(d) To get lost in the woods.
7. Who maintains the pet cemetery?
(a) A creepy old guy.
(b) The owner of the house.
(d) The local children.
8. What does Louis find in his bed sheets?
(a) An old sock.
(b) Dirt and pine needles.
(c) The family pet.
(d) Gage's toy car.
9. How does Louis feel when he returns from his first visit to Jud's house?
10. In Chapter 8, who takes the walk down the path behind the Creed's home?
(a) Jud, Louis, Rachel, Ellie, and Gage.
(b) Louis and Ellie only.
(c) Jud, Louis, and Ellie only.
(d) Jud, Louis, Rachel, Ellie, Gage, and Norma.
11. What did Jud invite Louis to do in Chapter 4?
(a) Talk a walk down the street.
(b) Come over to give his wife medical advice.
(c) Come over later for dinner.
(d) Come over later for a beer.
12. Who cries all night when the family pet is gone to the vet?
13. How many homes has Jud lived in over the course of his lifetime?
14. Who dislikes Louis?
(a) His in-laws.
(b) The Crandalls.
(c) His co-workers.
(d) The Pascow family.
15. After following the Chapter 16 visitor, how does Louis rationalize what he finds in his own sheets the next morning?
(a) The pet must have tracked them in.
(b) He was sleepwalking due to stress.
(c) The dead guy put them there.
(d) He forgot to bathe before bed that ngiht.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what is Louis working on when he is summoned to an emergency?
2. How does Louis explain getting the pet fixed to Ellie?
3. Where does Louis go after dinner in Chapter 18?
4. The Chapter 16 visitor tells Louis that his words are:
5. Who doubts the wisdom of showing Louis the burial ground?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)