|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, who does Louis wake to see standing in his bedroom doorway?
(a) Victor Pascow.
2. Louis's uncle, a mortician, told him that during an autopsy, the skull is filled with...
(a) Brown paper.
(b) Syrofoam peanuts.
(c) Tissue paper.
(d) Anything handy.
3. In Chapter 1, why is Louis reluctant to take Jud up on his invitation to stop by for a beer?
(a) He thinks the Crandalls are looking for free medical advice.
(b) He's scared of him.
(c) He doesn't like the man.
(d) He's not sure he can trust a stranger's cooking.
4. How high does Gage's fever get?
5. What does the Chapter 16 visitor tell Louis?
(a) To leave his wife and kids.
(b) To get out of the medical profession.
(c) Not to cross the barrier, no matter how tempted.
(d) Not to come back to the pet sematary ever again.
6. What does Rachel fix for dinner the night she sends the kids to the babysitter?
(b) Homemade stroganoff.
(c) Hamburger Helper.
7. Who maintains the pet cemetery?
(a) The owner of the house.
(b) A creepy old guy.
(d) The local children.
8. What are the charges against the driver who hit the jogger?
(a) Reckless driving caused by dialing a cell phone.
(b) Reckless driving while text messaging.
(c) No proof of insurance.
(d) Reckless driving under the influence and vehicular manslaughter.
9. Louis calls the morgue and learns that the dead man's body is...
(a) Missing from the autopsy center.
(b) Covered in dirt and pine needles.
(c) In a morgue in his home state.
(d) Not there because it never existed.
10. What did the Creed family have as a pet?
(a) A manx.
(b) A hamster.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
11. How does Louis explain his hysteria to his wife?
(a) As though it's no big deal.
(b) As though he is depressed.
(c) As a good mood.
(d) As a panic from sleeping late.
12. How does Rachel learn of the news about the injured jogger?
(a) On TV.
(b) On the radio.
(c) Through the smalltown grapevine.
(d) She had a premonition.
13. Who returns to the Creed home in Chapter 25?
(b) Rachel and the kids.
(d) Rachel's parents.
14. What is the first emergency Louis tends to at his new job?
(a) A gaping hole in a man's skull with lots of bleeding.
(b) First day of school jitters.
(c) An eye injury.
15. What does Jud tell Louis to say about the cat's burial?
(a) Nothing. Maybe no one will miss him.
(b) A dog ate him.
(c) He must have run away.
(d) Nothing. Keep it a secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Creed's pet?
2. How old is Jud?
3. How does Louis feel when he returns from his first visit to Jud's house?
4. Where does Louis awake in Chapter 17?
5. Who calls Louis to come home in Chapter 14?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)