|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings a sense of calmness to the Creeds in Chapter 2?
(a) Jed Cranford.
(b) Wynona Judd
(c) Judd Crandall.
(d) Jud Crandall.
2. How does Louis explain getting the pet fixed to Ellie?
(a) His leg is broken and it must be set.
(b) After getting fixed, the pet won't want to cross the road anymore.
(c) There's something wrong with him that needs to be corrected.
(d) He tells her to let him handle it since he's a medical professional.
3. What does the Chapter 16 visitor tell Louis?
(a) Not to cross the barrier, no matter how tempted.
(b) To get out of the medical profession.
(c) To leave his wife and kids.
(d) Not to come back to the pet sematary ever again.
4. What bothers Louis in Chapter 7?
(a) Something Jud told him.
(b) A presentiment of Gage's death and Ellie's first day at school.
(c) Getting the pet neutered.
(d) An arguement with his wife.
5. What is Louis warned to ignore during the trek into Indian territory?
(a) Ghosts of pets.
(b) Funny shapes and voices.
(c) Fire and laughter.
(d) Elmo and goons.
6. Why is the ambulance missing on Louis's first day at work?
(a) It needs an oil change.
(b) It has a radiator leak.
(c) It has a flat tire.
(d) It is stolen.
7. What was Louis's employment dream?
(a) To be an Army medic.
(b) To operate rides at Disney World.
(c) To be a medic at Disneyland.
(d) To drive an ambulance.
8. Who dreams that the Creed's cat died?
9. Why does Louis scream when he returns home from his nightly visit to Jud's house?
(a) Church wraps his tail around Louis' ankles.
(b) He falls against his truck.
(c) He dreams about Stevie Wonder.
(d) He falls in the dark garage.
10. What is the first emergency Louis tends to at his new job?
(b) First day of school jitters.
(c) An eye injury.
(d) A gaping hole in a man's skull with lots of bleeding.
11. In Chapter 14, what is Rachel wearing when Louis arrives home after experiencing the emergency on the first day of school?
(a) A fancy dress.
(c) A jogging suit.
(d) A fleece robe.
12. Louis has a dream the first night he sleeps in his new house. Who is with him in his dream?
(a) He is alone.
(b) Jud and Gage.
(c) Rachel, Ellie, and Gage.
(d) Gage and Church.
13. Why do local children often take the path?
(a) To get lost in the woods.
(b) To play hide and seek.
(c) To hide.
(d) To go to the pet cemetery.
14. What does Jud tell Louis to say about the cat's burial?
(a) Nothing. Keep it a secret.
(b) A dog ate him.
(c) Nothing. Maybe no one will miss him.
(d) He must have run away.
15. What unusual thing does Louis notice about the stone cairns?
(a) They're all decorated.
(b) They're all the same color.
(c) They've all been disturbed.
(d) They're missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louis dream about the night Gage is sick?
2. What happens when Louis climbs the deadfall in Chapter 18?
3. In Chapter 1, why is Louis reluctant to take Jud up on his invitation to stop by for a beer?
4. What does Louis notice is missing from the family pet after being fixed?
5. How does Louis feel when he returns from his first visit to Jud's house?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)