|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louis notice is missing from the family pet after being fixed?
(a) The obvious.
(b) The feistiness in his eyes.
(c) His collar.
(d) A patch of fur.
2. What was Rachel's job while Louis was in medical school?
(b) Full time student.
3. Who first notices the path at the back edge of the Creed's new property?
4. How does Louis escape from the worries associated with a move and a new job?
(a) He sings karaoke at a local bar.
(b) He daydreams about running away from it all.
(c) He works long hours.
(d) He takes long walks.
5. What did Jud invite Louis to do in Chapter 4?
(a) Talk a walk down the street.
(b) Come over later for dinner.
(c) Come over later for a beer.
(d) Come over to give his wife medical advice.
6. In Chapter 8, what does Jud warn Ellie about the woods behind the Creed home?
(a) Don't talk to strangers.
(b) Never walk down the path.
(c) Never take other children on the path.
(d) Never leave the path.
7. Who was the dying man Louis sees in the campus clinic?
(a) Jud's cousin.
(b) Victor Paxcow.
(c) Victor Pascow.
8. What does the Chapter 16 visitor tell Louis?
(a) Not to cross the barrier, no matter how tempted.
(b) To get out of the medical profession.
(c) To leave his wife and kids.
(d) Not to come back to the pet sematary ever again.
9. Where does the Chapter 16 visitor take Louis?
(a) To Jud's backyard.
(b) To the kitchen.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To the pet sematary.
10. How does Rachel learn of the news about the injured jogger?
(a) On TV.
(b) She had a premonition.
(c) On the radio.
(d) Through the smalltown grapevine.
11. What does Jud warn Louis about during their first evening visit?
(a) A ghost from the local cemetery.
(b) An evil vet who likes to fix animals.
(c) The pedestrian traffic on the road.
(d) The truck traffic on the road.
12. How does Ellie feel after her first day at school?
13. Why does Jud believe the Indians told the story about the evil presence?
(a) To hide their pottery.
(b) Because it was tradition.
(c) To rationalize their own cannibalism.
(d) To scare people away from their cemetery.
14. Where does Louis awake in Chapter 17?
(a) In the cemetery.
(b) On the path in his backyard.
(c) At Jud's house.
(d) In his own bed.
15. Who dislikes Louis?
(a) The Crandalls.
(b) The Pascow family.
(c) His co-workers.
(d) His in-laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who doubts the wisdom of showing Louis the burial ground?
2. What does Ellie think about her cat?
3. What was Louis's employment dream?
4. How does the campus medical center get the dying man to a hospital?
5. How does Louis explain his hysteria to his wife?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)