|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who maintains the pet cemetery?
(a) A creepy old guy.
(b) The local children.
(d) The owner of the house.
2. Who is sick when the plane lands?
3. Who removes the stinger in Chapter 3?
4. Who was considered a bit crazy by the locals?
(d) Stanny B.
5. Who made the grave markers for the pet cemetery?
(d) A vet.
6. In Chapter 1, why is Louis reluctant to take Jud up on his invitation to stop by for a beer?
(a) He's not sure he can trust a stranger's cooking.
(b) He doesn't like the man.
(c) He's scared of him.
(d) He thinks the Crandalls are looking for free medical advice.
7. What does Louis dream about the night Gage is sick?
(a) Running away to Disney World.
(b) Killing the cat and burying him again.
(c) Killing Jud.
(d) Visiting a prostitute.
8. What is the first emergency Louis tends to at his new job?
(b) An eye injury.
(c) First day of school jitters.
(d) A gaping hole in a man's skull with lots of bleeding.
9. What color are Church's eyes in Chapter 25?
(a) Bright green
(b) Muddy brown
(c) Electric blue.
(d) Murky yellow-green
10. What happened to Jud's dog that he buried in the cemetery?
(a) It returned with a white patch of fur marking where a bullet had entered its head.
(b) It returned but was missing a leg.
(d) it returned but had rabies.
11. What are the charges against the driver who hit the jogger?
(a) Reckless driving under the influence and vehicular manslaughter.
(b) Reckless driving while text messaging.
(c) No proof of insurance.
(d) Reckless driving caused by dialing a cell phone.
12. What does the blowdown mark?
(a) The beginning of the Micmac Indian woods.
(b) A dump.
(c) A good hiding place for the kids.
13. Who told Jud about the second burial ground?
(a) Stanny B.
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
14. Why does Louis scream when he returns home from his nightly visit to Jud's house?
(a) He dreams about Stevie Wonder.
(b) He falls against his truck.
(c) Church wraps his tail around Louis' ankles.
(d) He falls in the dark garage.
15. Louis has a dream the first night he sleeps in his new house. Who is with him in his dream?
(a) Gage and Church.
(b) Rachel, Ellie, and Gage.
(c) Jud and Gage.
(d) He is alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads Louis over the deadfall in Chapter 22?
2. In Chapter 12, who screams for Louis?
3. What two secrets is Louis hiding in Chapters 26-30?
4. Who cries all night when the family pet is gone to the vet?
5. In Chapter 14, what is Rachel wearing when Louis arrives home after experiencing the emergency on the first day of school?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)