|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, who does Louis wake to see standing in his bedroom doorway?
(a) Victor Pascow.
2. Where does Louis awake in Chapter 17?
(a) At Jud's house.
(b) In the cemetery.
(c) In his own bed.
(d) On the path in his backyard.
3. How does Louis explain getting the pet fixed to Ellie?
(a) There's something wrong with him that needs to be corrected.
(b) After getting fixed, the pet won't want to cross the road anymore.
(c) He tells her to let him handle it since he's a medical professional.
(d) His leg is broken and it must be set.
4. While Church lies purring on Gage's chest, what is happening to Gage?
(a) His fever goes away.
(b) He's suffocating from cat fur.
(c) He sleeps peacefully.
(d) He's choking on his own vomit.
5. What does Louis notice is missing from the family pet after being fixed?
(a) The feistiness in his eyes.
(b) The obvious.
(c) His collar.
(d) A patch of fur.
6. Who tells Louis in Chapter 22 that a man grows what he can then tends it?
7. Who is sick when the plane lands?
8. What does Rachel fix for dinner the night she sends the kids to the babysitter?
(b) Hamburger Helper.
(c) Homemade stroganoff.
9. Louis examines Norma and discovers that her doctor is...
(a) Not very smart.
(b) Doing everything he can for her condition.
(c) Giving her too much medication.
(d) Giving her the wrong medicine.
10. Why does Louis believe Jud's ridiculous story about the Indian burial site?
(a) Because he's had too much to drink.
(b) Because he likes the old man.
(c) Because Church was resurrected.
(d) He does not believe him.
11. What did the Creed family have as a pet?
(a) A dog.
(b) A manx.
(c) A hamster.
(d) A cat.
12. What holiday do the children look forward to in Chapter 20?
(b) Fourth of July.
13. Louis thinks of Jud as...
(a) The grandfather he never knew.
(b) A big brother figure.
(c) A nosey old neighbor.
(d) The father he never had.
14. Who offers to take Ellie for a walk down the path in the Creed's backyard?
(d) A boy from school.
15. In Chapter 14, what is Rachel wearing when Louis arrives home after experiencing the emergency on the first day of school?
(a) A fleece robe.
(b) A fancy dress.
(d) A jogging suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, who screams for Louis?
2. Louis calls the morgue and learns that the dead man's body is...
3. What are the charges against the driver who hit the jogger?
4. What did Jud invite Louis to do in Chapter 4?
5. Who leads Louis over the deadfall in Chapter 22?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)