|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose keys actually get the Creeds into their new home?
2. Who doubts the wisdom of showing Louis the burial ground?
3. Why does Jud believe the Indians told the story about the evil presence?
(a) To scare people away from their cemetery.
(b) To hide their pottery.
(c) Because it was tradition.
(d) To rationalize their own cannibalism.
4. Who offers to take Ellie for a walk down the path in the Creed's backyard?
(d) A boy from school.
5. Who first notices the path at the back edge of the Creed's new property?
6. Which Indian territory does Louis enter?
(a) Cherokee territory.
(b) Banshee territory.
(c) Caddo territory.
(d) Micmac territory.
7. What does Jud tell Louis to say about the cat's burial?
(a) Nothing. Maybe no one will miss him.
(b) He must have run away.
(c) A dog ate him.
(d) Nothing. Keep it a secret.
8. Which family were trappers and traders in the community in the 1800s?
(a) The Smiths.
(b) The Creeds.
(c) The Crandalls.
(d) The Bouchards.
9. In Chapter 2, why does Gage begin to scream?
(a) Ellie kicked him.
(b) He was stung by a jellow jacket.
(c) He was stung by a bee.
(d) He was bitten by a neighbor's dog.
10. Who is babysitting the Creed children so their parents can have alone time in Chapter 14?
(a) Missy Dandridge.
(d) Rachel's parents.
11. What does Louis dream about the night Gage is sick?
(a) Visiting a prostitute.
(b) Killing the cat and burying him again.
(c) Killing Jud.
(d) Running away to Disney World.
12. Who told Jud about the second burial ground?
(a) His father.
(b) Stanny B.
(d) His mother.
13. Where does Louis awake in Chapter 17?
(a) On the path in his backyard.
(b) In the cemetery.
(c) In his own bed.
(d) At Jud's house.
14. What does Louis find in his bed sheets?
(a) Dirt and pine needles.
(b) Gage's toy car.
(c) An old sock.
(d) The family pet.
15. During their first screen porch visit, what advice does Jud give Louis?
(a) Run while you can.
(b) Leave his wife.
(c) Put his daughter in boarding school.
(d) Get the pet fixed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday do the children look forward to in Chapter 20?
2. Who is happy about getting the pet fixed?
3. Who returns to the Creed home in Chapter 25?
4. Louis has a dream the first night he sleeps in his new house. Who is with him in his dream?
5. In which region of the United States is the Creed's new home?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)