|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dreams that the Creed's cat died?
2. Which word completes the prophetic phrase spoken to Louis by two different people: "The soil of a man's heart is..."
(b) Full of worms.
(d) More Fertile.
3. In Chapter 12, who screams for Louis?
(b) Joan Charlton.
(d) Steve Masterson.
4. What unusual thing does Louis notice about the stone cairns?
(a) They're all decorated.
(b) They're all the same color.
(c) They're missing.
(d) They've all been disturbed.
5. Why do local children often take the path?
(a) To play hide and seek.
(b) To go to the pet cemetery.
(c) To get lost in the woods.
(d) To hide.
6. In which region of the United States is the Creed's new home?
(b) The South.
(c) The West Coast.
(d) New England.
7. Who doubts the wisdom of showing Louis the burial ground?
8. How many times does Louis put Church out in Chapter 28?
9. How many homes has Jud lived in over the course of his lifetime?
10. After following the Chapter 16 visitor, how does Louis rationalize what he finds in his own sheets the next morning?
(a) He was sleepwalking due to stress.
(b) He forgot to bathe before bed that ngiht.
(c) The pet must have tracked them in.
(d) The dead guy put them there.
11. What does Jud warn Louis about during their first evening visit?
(a) The pedestrian traffic on the road.
(b) An evil vet who likes to fix animals.
(c) A ghost from the local cemetery.
(d) The truck traffic on the road.
12. What holiday do the children look forward to in Chapter 20?
(b) Fourth of July.
13. What did Louis drink at Jud's house?
(a) Two root beers.
(b) Two martinis.
(c) Two beers.
(d) Two cups of coffee.
14. After arriving at the new home, Louis realizes he has lost...
(a) The family pet.
(b) The house keys.
(c) His car keys.
(d) His first aid kit.
15. Who returns to the Creed home in Chapter 25?
(a) Rachel's parents.
(d) Rachel and the kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Louis explain the unexpected return to the Creed home in Chapter 25?
2. How does Ellie feel after her first day at school?
3. Who maintains the pet cemetery?
4. What does Rachel fix for dinner the night she sends the kids to the babysitter?
5. Who first notices the path at the back edge of the Creed's new property?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)