|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the dying man Louis sees in the campus clinic?
(a) Victor Pascow.
(b) Jud's cousin.
(d) Victor Paxcow.
2. What is the first emergency Louis tends to at his new job?
(a) An eye injury.
(c) A gaping hole in a man's skull with lots of bleeding.
(d) First day of school jitters.
3. Why does Louis scream when he returns home from his nightly visit to Jud's house?
(a) He dreams about Stevie Wonder.
(b) He falls against his truck.
(c) Church wraps his tail around Louis' ankles.
(d) He falls in the dark garage.
4. In Chapter 16, terror drives Louis to his knees when he sees...
(a) A writhing mass of moving bones.
(b) A pile of leaves.
(c) A cliff.
(d) A dark path.
5. What holiday do the children look forward to in Chapter 20?
(d) Fourth of July.
6. In Chapter 8, who takes the walk down the path behind the Creed's home?
(a) Jud, Louis, Rachel, Ellie, Gage, and Norma.
(b) Jud, Louis, and Ellie only.
(c) Jud, Louis, Rachel, Ellie, and Gage.
(d) Louis and Ellie only.
7. Who calls Louis to come home in Chapter 14?
8. What does Louis notice is missing from the family pet after being fixed?
(a) The feistiness in his eyes.
(b) The obvious.
(c) His collar.
(d) A patch of fur.
9. In Chapter 12, who screams for Louis?
(a) Joan Charlton.
(c) Steve Masterson.
10. After following the Chapter 16 visitor, how does Louis rationalize what he finds in his own sheets the next morning?
(a) He was sleepwalking due to stress.
(b) The pet must have tracked them in.
(c) He forgot to bathe before bed that ngiht.
(d) The dead guy put them there.
11. What bothers Louis in Chapter 7?
(a) Something Jud told him.
(b) An arguement with his wife.
(c) A presentiment of Gage's death and Ellie's first day at school.
(d) Getting the pet neutered.
12. Louis thinks of Jud as...
(a) A big brother figure.
(b) A nosey old neighbor.
(c) The grandfather he never knew.
(d) The father he never had.
13. How does Ellie feel after her first day at school?
14. What does Jud tell Louis to say about the cat's burial?
(a) He must have run away.
(b) A dog ate him.
(c) Nothing. Keep it a secret.
(d) Nothing. Maybe no one will miss him.
15. Why do local children often take the path?
(a) To play hide and seek.
(b) To hide.
(c) To go to the pet cemetery.
(d) To get lost in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie think about her cat?
2. Which Indian territory does Louis enter?
3. What does the blowdown mark?
4. Who was considered a bit crazy by the locals?
5. Which word completes the prophetic phrase spoken to Louis by two different people: "The soil of a man's heart is..."
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)