|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Jud warn Ellie about the woods behind the Creed home?
(a) Don't talk to strangers.
(b) Never leave the path.
(c) Never take other children on the path.
(d) Never walk down the path.
2. Who tells Louis in Chapter 22 that a man grows what he can then tends it?
3. What does Louis find in his bed sheets?
(a) Dirt and pine needles.
(b) Gage's toy car.
(c) An old sock.
(d) The family pet.
4. Who dies after Thanksgiving dinner?
5. What were the dying man's last words?
(a) "A man grows then dies."
(b) "A man grows what he can and tends it."
(c) "A man grows a garden then harvests it."
(d) "A grown man tends it."
6. What illness does Norma have?
(a) The common cold.
(b) Heart problems.
7. Which word completes the prophetic phrase spoken to Louis by two different people: "The soil of a man's heart is..."
(b) More Fertile.
(c) Full of worms.
8. Who is babysitting the Creed children so their parents can have alone time in Chapter 14?
(a) Missy Dandridge.
(d) Rachel's parents.
9. Who is spending Thanksgiving in Chicago?
(a) The Creed family.
(b) Rachel and the kids.
(c) The Pascow family.
(d) Jud and Norma.
10. How does Louis escape from the worries associated with a move and a new job?
(a) He daydreams about running away from it all.
(b) He works long hours.
(c) He sings karaoke at a local bar.
(d) He takes long walks.
11. What holiday do the children look forward to in Chapter 20?
(a) Fourth of July.
12. How does Ellie feel after her first day at school?
13. What does Jud warn Louis about during their first evening visit?
(a) The truck traffic on the road.
(b) An evil vet who likes to fix animals.
(c) A ghost from the local cemetery.
(d) The pedestrian traffic on the road.
14. How does Rachel learn of the news about the injured jogger?
(a) Through the smalltown grapevine.
(b) On TV.
(c) On the radio.
(d) She had a premonition.
15. How many times does Louis put Church out in Chapter 28?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who takes the walk down the path behind the Creed's home?
2. What unusual thing does Louis notice about the stone cairns?
3. Who first notices the path at the back edge of the Creed's new property?
4. What perplexes Louis about the dying man in the campus clinic on the first day of school?
5. During their first screen porch visit, what advice does Jud give Louis?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)