|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two secrets is Louis hiding in Chapters 26-30?
(a) His fear of death and his anger against his in-laws.
(b) His friendship with Jud and Pascow.
(c) He wants a new car and wants to run away from home.
(d) The death and resurrection of Church and the prosititute he visited six years prior.
2. In Chapter 12, who screams for Louis?
(c) Steve Masterson.
(d) Joan Charlton.
3. What illness does Norma have?
(a) Heart problems.
(b) The common cold.
4. Who cries all night when the family pet is gone to the vet?
5. Which word completes the prophetic phrase spoken to Louis by two different people: "The soil of a man's heart is..."
(b) Full of worms.
(c) More Fertile.
6. Who is spending Thanksgiving in Chicago?
(a) The Pascow family.
(b) The Creed family.
(c) Jud and Norma.
(d) Rachel and the kids.
7. Who doubts the wisdom of showing Louis the burial ground?
8. Who is sick when the plane lands?
9. What is the first emergency Louis tends to at his new job?
(b) A gaping hole in a man's skull with lots of bleeding.
(c) An eye injury.
(d) First day of school jitters.
10. In Chapter 16, who does Louis wake to see standing in his bedroom doorway?
(d) Victor Pascow.
11. In Chapter 8, what does Jud warn Ellie about the woods behind the Creed home?
(a) Don't talk to strangers.
(b) Never walk down the path.
(c) Never take other children on the path.
(d) Never leave the path.
12. How old is Jud?
13. Louis thinks of Jud as...
(a) The father he never had.
(b) The grandfather he never knew.
(c) A nosey old neighbor.
(d) A big brother figure.
14. Why does Louis believe Jud's ridiculous story about the Indian burial site?
(a) He does not believe him.
(b) Because Church was resurrected.
(c) Because he likes the old man.
(d) Because he's had too much to drink.
15. Who tells Louis in Chapter 22 that a man grows what he can then tends it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Louis has a dream the first night he sleeps in his new house. Who is with him in his dream?
2. Why is Ellie nervous in Chapter 7?
3. Why do the Indians say they stopped using their burial ground?
4. How does the campus medical center get the dying man to a hospital?
5. After following the Chapter 16 visitor, how does Louis rationalize what he finds in his own sheets the next morning?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)