|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chapter 16 visitor tells Louis that his words are:
(a) A threat.
(c) A friendly warning.
(d) A promise.
2. What did Louis drink at Jud's house?
(a) Two martinis.
(b) Two root beers.
(c) Two cups of coffee.
(d) Two beers.
3. In Chapter 8, who takes the walk down the path behind the Creed's home?
(a) Jud, Louis, and Ellie only.
(b) Jud, Louis, Rachel, Ellie, Gage, and Norma.
(c) Louis and Ellie only.
(d) Jud, Louis, Rachel, Ellie, and Gage.
4. In Chapter 16, who does Louis wake to see standing in his bedroom doorway?
(a) Victor Pascow.
5. What is Louis warned to ignore during the trek into Indian territory?
(a) Fire and laughter.
(b) Elmo and goons.
(c) Ghosts of pets.
(d) Funny shapes and voices.
6. What was the name of the Creed's pet?
7. Who was Zelda?
(a) Louis's first cat.
(b) Rachel's sister.
(c) Jud's first dog.
(d) A creepy neighborhood lady.
8. Who is happy about getting the pet fixed?
(c) The pet.
(d) Rachel and Ellie.
9. How many times does Louis put Church out in Chapter 28?
10. How does Louis explain the unexpected return to the Creed home in Chapter 25?
(a) He must have buried the cat in a comatose state rather than dead.
(b) The visit ended too soon.
(c) It's a miracle!
(d) He lost track of time.
11. What did the Creed family have as a pet?
(a) A hamster.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A manx.
12. What color are Church's eyes in Chapter 25?
(a) Bright green
(b) Muddy brown
(c) Electric blue.
(d) Murky yellow-green
13. Who maintains the pet cemetery?
(a) A creepy old guy.
(b) The owner of the house.
(d) The local children.
14. How does Louis explain his hysteria to his wife?
(a) As though it's no big deal.
(b) As a panic from sleeping late.
(c) As though he is depressed.
(d) As a good mood.
15. Who told Jud about the second burial ground?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) Stanny B.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ellie nervous in Chapter 7?
2. What are the charges against the driver who hit the jogger?
3. What does the dead man's father want to know?
4. What does Louis see in Chapter 22 after climbing a series of stones carved into a cliff?
5. How high does Gage's fever get?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)