|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inconsistency does Louis notice in Jud's story?
(a) Jud said he'd never had a pet of his own.
(b) Jud said his dog died when he was 14, but previously said he was 10.
(c) Jud said his dog died when he was 10, but previously said he was 14.
(d) Jud said his dog died when he was 10, but previously said he was 11.
2. Who tells Louis in Chapter 22 that a man grows what he can then tends it?
3. In Chapter 12, what is Louis working on when he is summoned to an emergency?
(a) Insurance paperwork.
(b) Getting to know co-workers.
(d) Checking his emails.
4. How does the campus medical center get the dying man to a hospital?
(a) A student's car.
(b) They don't.
(c) On a bike.
(d) In a campus fire or police truck.
5. Who is spending Thanksgiving in Chicago?
(a) The Pascow family.
(b) Jud and Norma.
(c) The Creed family.
(d) Rachel and the kids.
6. How does Louis feel when he returns from his first visit to Jud's house?
7. Which family were trappers and traders in the community in the 1800s?
(a) The Bouchards.
(b) The Creeds.
(c) The Crandalls.
(d) The Smiths.
8. While Church lies purring on Gage's chest, what is happening to Gage?
(a) He's suffocating from cat fur.
(b) He sleeps peacefully.
(c) His fever goes away.
(d) He's choking on his own vomit.
9. In which region of the United States is the Creed's new home?
(b) New England.
(c) The South.
(d) The West Coast.
10. Who was Zelda?
(a) Rachel's sister.
(b) A creepy neighborhood lady.
(c) Jud's first dog.
(d) Louis's first cat.
11. In Chapter 16, who does Louis wake to see standing in his bedroom doorway?
(d) Victor Pascow.
12. What holiday do the children look forward to in Chapter 20?
(a) Fourth of July.
13. Who leads Louis over the deadfall in Chapter 22?
14. Who doubts the wisdom of showing Louis the burial ground?
15. In Chapter 14, what is Rachel wearing when Louis arrives home after experiencing the emergency on the first day of school?
(a) A fancy dress.
(b) A fleece robe.
(c) A jogging suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Louis thinks of Jud as...
2. How many homes has Jud lived in over the course of his lifetime?
3. Who told Jud about the second burial ground?
4. What did the Creed family have as a pet?
5. What perplexes Louis about the dying man in the campus clinic on the first day of school?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)