|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Indians say they stopped using their burial ground?
(a) A wendigo soured the land.
(b) It was too windy there.
(c) It was too difficult to climb the cliff.
(d) Grave robbers took over.
2. Which Indian territory does Louis enter?
(a) Micmac territory.
(b) Banshee territory.
(c) Cherokee territory.
(d) Caddo territory.
3. What perplexes Louis about the dying man in the campus clinic on the first day of school?
(a) Whether or not he stole the ambulance.
(b) How he arrived at the campus medical center.
(c) Why he was injured.
(d) How he could speak and how he knew Louis's name.
4. Who is babysitting the Creed children so their parents can have alone time in Chapter 14?
(b) Missy Dandridge.
(c) Rachel's parents.
5. The Chapter 16 visitor tells Louis that his words are:
(a) A threat.
(c) A friendly warning.
(d) A promise.
6. Why does Louis quickly clean up dead critters dragged up by Church?
(a) He doesn't want Rachel to get mad.
(b) Jud told him it would be best.
(c) He feels like he must tend what he grew.
(d) He's the guy. It's what guys do.
7. Who was the dying man Louis sees in the campus clinic?
(a) Jud's cousin.
(c) Victor Paxcow.
(d) Victor Pascow.
8. After arriving at the new home, Louis realizes he has lost...
(a) The family pet.
(b) His first aid kit.
(c) The house keys.
(d) His car keys.
9. Who is sick when the plane lands?
10. While Church lies purring on Gage's chest, what is happening to Gage?
(a) He's suffocating from cat fur.
(b) He's choking on his own vomit.
(c) He sleeps peacefully.
(d) His fever goes away.
11. What do the Indians say touched humans and gave them a taste for evil?
(a) A wendigo.
(b) The wind.
(c) A cat.
(d) A cannibal.
12. In Chapter 12, who screams for Louis?
(a) Steve Masterson.
(d) Joan Charlton.
13. How does Ellie feel after her first day at school?
14. How high does Gage's fever get?
15. Why does Louis scream when he returns home from his nightly visit to Jud's house?
(a) He falls in the dark garage.
(b) He dreams about Stevie Wonder.
(c) Church wraps his tail around Louis' ankles.
(d) He falls against his truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the campus medical center get the dying man to a hospital?
2. What are the charges against the driver who hit the jogger?
3. In Chapter 2, why does Gage begin to scream?
4. Who calls Louis to come home in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 14, what is Rachel wearing when Louis arrives home after experiencing the emergency on the first day of school?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)