|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Louis explain getting the pet fixed to Ellie?
(a) After getting fixed, the pet won't want to cross the road anymore.
(b) His leg is broken and it must be set.
(c) There's something wrong with him that needs to be corrected.
(d) He tells her to let him handle it since he's a medical professional.
2. What happened to Jud's dog that he buried in the cemetery?
(a) it returned but had rabies.
(b) It returned with a white patch of fur marking where a bullet had entered its head.
(d) It returned but was missing a leg.
3. What does the Chapter 16 visitor tell Louis?
(a) Not to come back to the pet sematary ever again.
(b) To get out of the medical profession.
(c) To leave his wife and kids.
(d) Not to cross the barrier, no matter how tempted.
4. Who was the dying man Louis sees in the campus clinic?
(a) Victor Paxcow.
(b) Victor Pascow.
(d) Jud's cousin.
5. Why does Jud believe the Indians told the story about the evil presence?
(a) To scare people away from their cemetery.
(b) Because it was tradition.
(c) To rationalize their own cannibalism.
(d) To hide their pottery.
6. Who dreams that the Creed's cat died?
7. Who dies after Thanksgiving dinner?
8. Whose keys actually get the Creeds into their new home?
9. During their first screen porch visit, what advice does Jud give Louis?
(a) Leave his wife.
(b) Get the pet fixed.
(c) Put his daughter in boarding school.
(d) Run while you can.
10. Who removes the stinger in Chapter 3?
11. How does Ellie feel after her first day at school?
12. Where do the neighbors visit on Louis's first trip to Jud's house?
(a) In the back yard.
(b) In the front yard.
(c) On Jud's screened-in porch.
(d) In Jud's living room.
13. Which Indian territory does Louis enter?
(a) Cherokee territory.
(b) Caddo territory.
(c) Micmac territory.
(d) Banshee territory.
14. What are the charges against the driver who hit the jogger?
(a) Reckless driving while text messaging.
(b) Reckless driving under the influence and vehicular manslaughter.
(c) No proof of insurance.
(d) Reckless driving caused by dialing a cell phone.
15. What two secrets is Louis hiding in Chapters 26-30?
(a) He wants a new car and wants to run away from home.
(b) His friendship with Jud and Pascow.
(c) His fear of death and his anger against his in-laws.
(d) The death and resurrection of Church and the prosititute he visited six years prior.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, why is Louis reluctant to take Jud up on his invitation to stop by for a beer?
2. Who told Jud about the second burial ground?
3. What color are Church's eyes in Chapter 25?
4. What new habit does Church have?
5. What does Rachel fix for dinner the night she sends the kids to the babysitter?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)