Short Essay Questions Key
1. As the story opens, what is Louis's dream job and fantasy?
2. Why do the Creeds take an almost immediate liking to Jud?
3. Why is Louis reluctant to take Jud up on his offer of a late-night beer?
4. What happens as the family stares at their new home for the first time?
5. What is ironic about the advice Jud gives Louis in Chapter 2?
6. Why doesn't Norma get out of the house more?
7. Why does Louis return home feeling petty after his first visit to Jud's house?
8. Discuss the appearance of the "pet sematary."
9. Discuss the difference between Louis's and Rachel's thoughts regarding death.
10. What is the argument between Rachel and Louis regarding their pet and why is it important to the story?
11. Discuss two examples of foreshadowing in Chapters 6-10.
12. Discuss two situations cause Louis anxiety in Chapter 7.
13. What disturbs Louis about the dying man's words?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)