|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word completes the prophetic phrase spoken to Louis by two different people: "The soil of a man's heart is..."
(a) More Fertile.
(c) Full of worms.
2. Who misses the family visitation at the funeral home in Chapter 36?
(a) Mrs. Goldman.
3. In Chapter 16, who does Louis wake to see standing in his bedroom doorway?
(a) Victor Pascow.
4. What bothers Louis in Chapter 7?
(a) Something Jud told him.
(b) A presentiment of Gage's death and Ellie's first day at school.
(c) Getting the pet neutered.
(d) An arguement with his wife.
5. What were the dying man's last words?
(a) "A man grows then dies."
(b) "A man grows a garden then harvests it."
(c) "A grown man tends it."
(d) "A man grows what he can and tends it."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads Louis over the deadfall in Chapter 22?
2. What inspires Rachel to finally discuss the details of her sister's death?
3. Who dies after Thanksgiving dinner?
4. Who did Timmy call a whoremonger?
5. What is Louis warned to ignore during the trek into Indian territory?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)