|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does Norma have?
(b) The common cold.
(d) Heart problems.
2. What does Jud warn Louis about during their first evening visit?
(a) A ghost from the local cemetery.
(b) The truck traffic on the road.
(c) The pedestrian traffic on the road.
(d) An evil vet who likes to fix animals.
3. What does the blowdown mark?
(a) A good hiding place for the kids.
(b) A dump.
(d) The beginning of the Micmac Indian woods.
4. In Chapter 8, what does Jud warn Ellie about the woods behind the Creed home?
(a) Never leave the path.
(b) Never take other children on the path.
(c) Never walk down the path.
(d) Don't talk to strangers.
5. What bothers Louis in Chapter 7?
(a) An arguement with his wife.
(b) Getting the pet neutered.
(c) Something Jud told him.
(d) A presentiment of Gage's death and Ellie's first day at school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Louis drink at Jud's house?
2. In Chapter 1, why is Louis reluctant to take Jud up on his invitation to stop by for a beer?
3. Where do the neighbors visit on Louis's first trip to Jud's house?
4. What was Louis's employment dream?
5. In Chapter 2, how does Ellie cut her knee?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)