|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 41-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Louis put Church out in Chapter 28?
2. Why does Jud believe the Indians told the story about the evil presence?
(a) To rationalize their own cannibalism.
(b) To scare people away from their cemetery.
(c) To hide their pottery.
(d) Because it was tradition.
3. What two secrets is Louis hiding in Chapters 26-30?
(a) The death and resurrection of Church and the prosititute he visited six years prior.
(b) His friendship with Jud and Pascow.
(c) He wants a new car and wants to run away from home.
(d) His fear of death and his anger against his in-laws.
4. Why is Jud worried in Chapter 45?
(a) He is afraid he'll get caught.
(b) He is a worrier.
(c) He learned that Louis sent Rachel and Ellie to Chicago.
(d) He is concerned about venereal disease.
5. What perplexes Louis about the dying man in the campus clinic on the first day of school?
(a) Whether or not he stole the ambulance.
(b) How he arrived at the campus medical center.
(c) How he could speak and how he knew Louis's name.
(d) Why he was injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who doubts the wisdom of showing Louis the burial ground?
2. Where does Louis want the family to move to after Gage's resurrection?
3. How does Louis get Ellie to leave home after the funeral in Chapter 41?
4. Why do the Indians say they stopped using their burial ground?
5. What does Ellie think about her cat?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)