Chapters 1 through 14
1. Ulysses S. Grant's mother was ______________ and her family was from Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, and he knew little about her parentage.
(a) Hannah Simpson.
(b) Harriet Smith.
(c) Henrietta Sawyer.
(d) Hillary Scott.
2. Grant's father, Jesse R. Grant, was the ________ son of his family.
3. Where was Grant born?
(a) Bowling Green, Ohio.
(b) Conneaut, Ohio.
(c) Cleveland, Ohio.
(d) Point Pleasant, Ohio.
4. Why did Grant object to attending West Point?
(a) He did not want to be in the military.
(b) He did not want to attend college.
(c) His family did not have the money to send him to West Point.
(d) He feared he could not pass.
5. Grant was impressed with whom at West Point?
(a) General Davies.
(b) General Jackson.
(c) General Peterson.
(d) General Scott.
6. Grant planned to do a short stint in the military before doing what?
(c) Taking over his family's business.
(d) Going to medical school.
7. He asked for cavalry but was assigned to what?
(a) The armored division.
(b) The infantry.
(c) The airborne division.
(d) The mountain division.
This section contains 5,393 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)