1. Ulysses S. Grant's mother was ______________ and her family was from Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, and he knew little about her parentage.
(a) Hillary Scott.
(b) Harriet Smith.
(c) Hannah Simpson.
(d) Henrietta Sawyer.
2. Grant's father, Jesse R. Grant, was the ________ son of his family.
3. Where was Grant born?
(a) Cleveland, Ohio.
(b) Point Pleasant, Ohio.
(c) Bowling Green, Ohio.
(d) Conneaut, Ohio.
4. Why did Grant object to attending West Point?
(a) His family did not have the money to send him to West Point.
(b) He feared he could not pass.
(c) He did not want to attend college.
(d) He did not want to be in the military.
5. Grant was impressed with whom at West Point?
(a) General Scott.
(b) General Davies.
(c) General Jackson.
(d) General Peterson.
6. Grant planned to do a short stint in the military before doing what?
(a) Taking over his family's business.
(b) Going to medical school.
7. He asked for cavalry but was assigned to what?
(a) The armored division.
(b) The airborne division.
(c) The mountain division.
(d) The infantry.
This section contains 5,393 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)