Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the school drop-out rate in O'Rourke's town?
2. In "Defense Policy: Cry 'Havoc!' and "Let Slip the Hogs of Peace," O'Rourke worried that what country still posed a threat and might be waiting for America to fall beneath the weight of its own dissent?
3. During Operation Just Cause, O'Rourke was disgusted by the media's hysteria over what?
4. Who said, "What we want from the taxpayers is continual cooperation!" in regard to America's drug problem?
5. Who said, "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die"?
Explore O'Rourke's view of special interest groups. What does the author dislike about special interest groups? How does he characterize them? How does he characterize the people who are involved in them? What specific groups does he talk about? What problems does he see with them? What role does he believe special interest groups play in the politics?
Explore O'Rourke's story concerning runaway car syndrome and the hype around it. What does runaway car syndrome have to do with bureaucracy? How do instances like runaway car syndrome seem to fuel increased bureaucracy? How does O'Rourke seem to feel about increased bureaucracy in the U.S. government? What techniques does the author use to convey these feelings?
Explore the author's feelings about the Republican and Democratic parties. How does he characterize Republicans and their ideals? How does he characterize Democrats and their ideals? What characteristic do the parties share? What faults does he find with each party? Does he say anything positive about each party?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)