Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the school drop-out rate in O'Rourke's town?
2. In "Defense Policy: Cry 'Havoc!' and "Let Slip the Hogs of Peace," O'Rourke worried that what country still posed a threat and might be waiting for America to fall beneath the weight of its own dissent?
3. During Operation Just Cause, O'Rourke was disgusted by the media's hysteria over what?
4. Who said, "What we want from the taxpayers is continual cooperation!" in regard to America's drug problem?
5. Who said, "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die"?
Explore O'Rourke's story concerning runaway car syndrome and the hype around it. What does runaway car syndrome have to do with bureaucracy? How do instances like runaway car syndrome seem to fuel increased bureaucracy? How does O'Rourke seem to feel about increased bureaucracy in the U.S. government? What techniques does the author use to convey these feelings?
How does the author describe journalists? How does he seem to feel about these people? What techniques does the author use to show his opinions of Washington journalists? Why might his feelings about journalists be ironic? Does he address this irony?
Explore O'Rourke's idea that the U.S. president is merely a symbol. What does he represent? What does O'Rourke believe the true role of the president of the U.S. is? What reasons does he give for feeling this way?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)