Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the school drop-out rate in O'Rourke's town?
2. In "Defense Policy: Cry 'Havoc!' and "Let Slip the Hogs of Peace," O'Rourke worried that what country still posed a threat and might be waiting for America to fall beneath the weight of its own dissent?
3. During Operation Just Cause, O'Rourke was disgusted by the media's hysteria over what?
4. Who said, "What we want from the taxpayers is continual cooperation!" in regard to America's drug problem?
5. Who said, "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die"?
Essay Topic 1
Explore O'Rourke's views on the two presidential conventions he visits. How does O'Rourke describe the Republican convention? How does he describe the Democratic convention? In what ways are the conventions similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the author's feelings about the Republican and Democratic parties. How does he characterize Republicans and their ideals? How does he characterize Democrats and their ideals? What characteristic do the parties share? What faults does he find with each party? Does he say anything positive about each party?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author characterize the U.S. government? What techniques does he use to convey his feelings about the government to the reader? What does he mean when he says the government goes unchecked? Who does he think should be checking it?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)