Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the school drop-out rate in O'Rourke's town?
2. In "Defense Policy: Cry 'Havoc!' and "Let Slip the Hogs of Peace," O'Rourke worried that what country still posed a threat and might be waiting for America to fall beneath the weight of its own dissent?
3. During Operation Just Cause, O'Rourke was disgusted by the media's hysteria over what?
4. Who said, "What we want from the taxpayers is continual cooperation!" in regard to America's drug problem?
5. Who said, "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die"?
Essay Topic 1
Explore the author's feelings about the Republican and Democratic parties. How does he characterize Republicans and their ideals? How does he characterize Democrats and their ideals? What characteristic do the parties share? What faults does he find with each party? Does he say anything positive about each party?
Essay Topic 2
Explore O'Rourke's hypothetical U.S. budget. What does he feel about taxes? What does he cut from the budget? What seems to be the main goal of his budget? Do you think his proposed budget is plausible? Why or why not? Use examples from the text to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author describe journalists? How does he seem to feel about these people? What techniques does the author use to show his opinions of Washington journalists? Why might his feelings about journalists be ironic? Does he address this irony?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)