Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the school drop-out rate in O'Rourke's town?
2. In "Defense Policy: Cry 'Havoc!' and "Let Slip the Hogs of Peace," O'Rourke worried that what country still posed a threat and might be waiting for America to fall beneath the weight of its own dissent?
3. During Operation Just Cause, O'Rourke was disgusted by the media's hysteria over what?
4. Who said, "What we want from the taxpayers is continual cooperation!" in regard to America's drug problem?
5. Who said, "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die"?
Essay Topic 1
Explore the title of O'Rourke's book. Who is he referring to when he speaks of the "parliament of whores"? Who are the "whores," and why does he use this word to describe this group? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explore O'Rourke's hypothetical U.S. budget. What does he feel about taxes? What does he cut from the budget? What seems to be the main goal of his budget? Do you think his proposed budget is plausible? Why or why not? Use examples from the text to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
What techniques does the author use to offer up his metaphor of the government's similarities to King George III? What are some of the examples he gives to support his claims? What does he say the founding fathers disagreed with King George III about?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)