|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke considers what war to be a rare success for U.S. foreign policy?
(a) The war in Korea.
(b) The war in Vietnam.
(c) The war in Afghanistan.
(d) The war in Japan.
2. O'Rourke visited a government-owned complex with windows made of what?
(b) Thin plastic.
(d) Bullet-proof glass.
3. O'Rourke attended a housing rally for what group?
(a) Housing Needs!
(b) Housing for All!
(c) We Want Housing!
(d) Housing Now!
4. What percent of poor people in America own their own homes, according to George Gilder?
(a) 50 percent.
(b) 40 percent.
(c) 20 percent.
(d) 5 percent.
5. Who was the deputy chief of the DEA's Cocaine Desk when O'Rourke's book was written?
(a) Mario Perez.
(b) Dick Weart.
(c) Mike Mullin.
(d) Albert Collins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Rourke say is the ultimate special interest group?
2. What is the "largest part" of the USS Mobile Bay, according to the author?
3. Who was George H. W. Bush's first Drug Czar?
4. O'Rourke's friend's son got busted for selling what drug?
5. What tax did the natives of O'Rourke's town fear that the retirees would inflate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does O'Rourke say that Blatherboro suffers from stupidity?
2. What role do special interest groups play in politics?
3. How does O'Rourke suggest solving the problem of students dropping out of school?
4. Why does O'Rourke seem to think his family was stronger because they were not given any help?
5. How does O'Rourke feel about claims of collateral damage during Operation Just Cause?
6. Why does O'Rourke say Americans will not find a solution to the problem of drugs in the country?
7. Explain how the government wastes billions of dollars on farm subsidies, according to O'Rourke.
8. What does O'Rourke mean when he says that Social Security is like the nation picking its own pocket?
9. Why does O'Rourke believe that a lot of money should be spent on the American military?
10. Who does O'Rourke blame for the savings and loan collapse?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)