|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the acting director of Public Affairs at Customs when O'Rourke's book was written?
(a) Albert Collins.
(b) Dick Weart.
(c) Mario Perez.
(d) Mike Mullin.
2. During Operation Just Cause, O'Rourke was disgusted by the media's hysteria over what?
(a) Collateral damage.
(b) Illnesses being brought back to the U.S.
(c) The use of weapons in a war.
(d) Racial slurs said by soldiers.
3. What is the official office of the Drug Czar?
(a) Office of National Drug Control Policy.
(b) Association of National Drug Reduction Policy.
(c) Office of American Drug Control Policy.
(d) Association of American Drug Reduction Policy.
4. O'Rourke attended a housing rally that took place where?
(b) New York City.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Washington, DC.
5. Why do retirees move to the state where O'Rourke lives?
(a) For its tax policy.
(b) For its amusement parks.
(c) For its beaches.
(d) For its golf courses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said, "What we want from the taxpayers is continual cooperation!" in regard to America's drug problem?
2. O'Rourke visited a filthy, smelly, government-subsidized apartment complex in what city?
3. How much was the bailout of the savings-and-loan industry?
4. What percent of poor people in America own their own homes, according to George Gilder?
5. O'Rourke says that because America is the richest nation on Earth, he is surprised to still what on the street?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke describe the USS Mobile Bay?
2. How does O'Rourke see a connection between the fear of crack cocaine in America and racism?
3. How does O'Rourke feel about the war in Afghanistan?
4. Describe O'Rourke's experience when he joined the Guardian Angels on a drug den raid.
5. Why does O'Rourke believe that a lot of money should be spent on the American military?
6. Why does O'Rourke feel that the best policy for dealing with Afghani Pathan tribesman is to just stay away from them?
7. How does O'Rourke feel about claims of collateral damage during Operation Just Cause?
8. How does O'Rourke feel about Social Security after visiting the AARP?
9. What does O'Rourke mean when he says that Social Security is like the nation picking its own pocket?
10. How does O'Rourke feel about the housing project he visits in Newark?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)