|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke says the middle class has no reason to be concerned about what drug?
(b) Crystal meth.
(d) Crack cocaine.
2. Who said, "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die"?
(a) Dick Weart.
(b) Mike Mullin.
(c) Albert Collins.
(d) Mario Perez.
3. How much was the bailout of the savings-and-loan industry?
(a) $100 billion.
(b) $10 billion.
(c) $500 billion.
(d) $500 million.
4. In what state did O'Rourke live?
(b) New Hampshire.
(d) New York.
5. What is the official office of the Drug Czar?
(a) Office of American Drug Control Policy.
(b) Association of National Drug Reduction Policy.
(c) Association of American Drug Reduction Policy.
(d) Office of National Drug Control Policy.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the town meeting which O'Rourke attended, the town natives sat where?
2. O'Rourke's friend's son got busted for selling what drug?
3. What was O'Rourke's family's socioeconomic status when he was a child?
4. What does O'Rourke say is the ultimate special interest group?
5. What Washington Square Press series does "The Negro in the City" belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke describe Blatherboro?
2. How does O'Rourke feel about the seriousness of the problem of crack cocaine in America?
3. How does O'Rourke feel about the housing project he visits in Newark?
4. How does O'Rourke feel about American poverty at the beginning of "Poverty Policy: How to Endow Privation"?
5. What does O'Rourke mean when he says that Social Security is like the nation picking its own pocket?
6. Describe O'Rourke's experience when he joined the Guardian Angels on a drug den raid.
7. How does O'Rourke suggest solving the problem of students dropping out of school?
8. Why does O'Rourke feel that the best policy for dealing with Afghani Pathan tribesman is to just stay away from them?
9. How does O'Rourke feel about Panama when he goes there in the wake of Operation Just Cause?
10. Why does O'Rourke believe that a lot of money should be spent on the American military?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)