|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Defense Policy: Cry 'Havoc!' and "Let Slip the Hogs of Peace," O'Rourke worried that what country still posed a threat and might be waiting for America to fall beneath the weight of its own dissent?
2. In what year did the government begin formulating agricultural policy?
3. Hoping to see poverty first hand, O'Rourke took a trip where?
(c) The Bronx.
(d) Staten Island.
4. Who said, "What we want from the taxpayers is continual cooperation!" in regard to America's drug problem?
(a) Mario Perez.
(b) Albert Collins.
(c) Mike Mullin.
(d) Dick Weart.
5. How much was the bailout of the savings-and-loan industry?
(a) $100 billion.
(b) $10 billion.
(c) $500 million.
(d) $500 billion.
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Rourke recalls spending an evening in what police department?
2. O'Rourke says using crack cocaine makes one feel like whom?
3. O'Rourke attended a housing rally that took place where?
4. What is the "largest part" of the USS Mobile Bay, according to the author?
5. What TV network said the housing rally had 40,000 to 250,000 people present?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke feel about the seriousness of the problem of crack cocaine in America?
2. Why does O'Rourke feels that Blatherboro is out of its depth when it comes to city planning?
3. Why does O'Rourke seem to think his family was stronger because they were not given any help?
4. How does O'Rourke feel about the housing project he visits in Newark?
5. How does O'Rourke see a connection between the fear of crack cocaine in America and racism?
6. Why does O'Rourke say Americans will not find a solution to the problem of drugs in the country?
7. How does O'Rourke feel about the war in Afghanistan?
8. What does O'Rourke mean when he says that Social Security is like the nation picking its own pocket?
9. How does O'Rourke describe environmentalists?
10. How does O'Rourke feel about claims of collateral damage during Operation Just Cause?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)