|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hoping to see poverty first hand, O'Rourke took a trip where?
(a) The Bronx.
(d) Staten Island.
2. O'Rourke mocked college bohos at the housing rally who were dressed in what color?
3. What TV network said the housing rally had 40,000 to 250,000 people present?
4. What does O'Rourke call the people who join special interest groups?
(a) Perpetually Vehement.
(b) Perennially Indignant.
(c) Enduringly Inflamed.
(d) Permanently Violent.
5. What percent of poor people in America own telephones, according to George Gilder?
(a) 80 percent.
(b) 60 percent.
(c) 50 percent.
(d) 70 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Rourke attended a housing rally that took place where?
2. O'Rourke says that because America is the richest nation on Earth, he is surprised to still what on the street?
3. What is the name of the psychiatric professor that O'Rourke talked to about the crack cocaine problem?
4. Townsfolk from O'Rourke's town decided that any new sewer system costing more than how much had to be approved by a special town meeting?
5. In what state did O'Rourke live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke feel about the war in Afghanistan?
2. How did Blatherboro block the completion of a local golf course?
3. Why does O'Rourke seem to think his family was stronger because they were not given any help?
4. How does O'Rourke feel about the Guardian Angels after his experience with them?
5. How does O'Rourke feel about the government's treatment of the nation's problem with drugs?
6. How does O'Rourke see a connection between the fear of crack cocaine in America and racism?
7. How does O'Rourke feel about American poverty at the beginning of "Poverty Policy: How to Endow Privation"?
8. What role do special interest groups play in politics?
9. How does O'Rourke feel about Panama when he goes there in the wake of Operation Just Cause?
10. How does O'Rourke describe environmentalists?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)