|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the town meeting which O'Rourke attended, the town natives sat where?
(a) Scattered throughout the rows.
(b) The two middle rows.
(c) The back row.
(d) The front row.
2. A woman at the housing rally who said she was homeless had how many kids?
3. O'Rourke claims that Social Security serves only to pad the bank accounts of whom?
(a) Senior citizens.
(b) The wealthiest Americans.
4. What TV network said the housing rally had 40,000 to 250,000 people present?
5. What percent of poor people in America own their own homes, according to George Gilder?
(a) 50 percent.
(b) 5 percent.
(c) 20 percent.
(d) 40 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Rourke recalls spending an evening in what police department?
2. What is the common enemy that environmentalists have, according to the author?
3. What is the USS Mobile Bay?
4. What drug does O'Rourke says makes one acutely sensitive?
5. What was the name of O'Rourke's friend who learned to fly a stunt plane and decided to raise cattle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does O'Rourke mean when he says that Social Security is like the nation picking its own pocket?
2. What does the author mean when he says that Americans live a "whiffle life"?
3. Why does O'Rourke say Americans will not find a solution to the problem of drugs in the country?
4. How does O'Rourke feel about Panama when he goes there in the wake of Operation Just Cause?
5. Why does O'Rourke feels that Blatherboro is out of its depth when it comes to city planning?
6. Why does O'Rourke say that Blatherboro suffers from stupidity?
7. How does O'Rourke feel about the Guardian Angels after his experience with them?
8. How does O'Rourke feel about the war in Afghanistan?
9. What role do special interest groups play in politics?
10. Explain how the government wastes billions of dollars on farm subsidies, according to O'Rourke.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)