|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke argues that modern, poor Americans earn greater income than the middle-class Americans of what year?
2. O'Rourke says it is best to simply stay away from what Afghani tribesman?
3. What does O'Rourke say is the ultimate special interest group?
(a) Social Security.
(b) National Rifle Association.
(c) Energy Lobby.
(d) Sierra Club.
4. What senator said "A lot more of whatever needs doing needs to be done--let's spend, spend, spend" in response to the war on drugs?
(a) Carl Levin.
(b) Joe Biden.
(c) Byron Dorgan.
(d) Bernie Sanders.
5. O'Rourke is critical of the way that America hands over food, aid and arms to what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the USS Mobile Bay?
2. What is the common enemy that environmentalists have, according to the author?
3. What name did O'Rourke give to the town where he lives?
4. O'Rourke says the middle class has no reason to be concerned about what drug?
5. O'Rourke accuses ecological activists of ignoring what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe O'Rourke's experience when he joined the Guardian Angels on a drug den raid.
2. How did Blatherboro block the completion of a local golf course?
3. Why does O'Rourke seem to think his family was stronger because they were not given any help?
4. Explain how the government wastes billions of dollars on farm subsidies, according to O'Rourke.
5. Why does O'Rourke feel that the best policy for dealing with Afghani Pathan tribesman is to just stay away from them?
6. What does the author mean when he says that Americans live a "whiffle life"?
7. How does O'Rourke feel about claims of collateral damage during Operation Just Cause?
8. Why does O'Rourke say that Blatherboro suffers from stupidity?
9. How does O'Rourke feel about the government's treatment of the nation's problem with drugs?
10. What does O'Rourke mean when he says that Social Security is like the nation picking its own pocket?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)