|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state did O'Rourke live?
(c) New Hampshire.
(d) New York.
2. How many poor people does O'Rourke say live in the U.S.?
(a) 24.2 million.
(b) 12.4 million.
(c) 45 million.
(d) 32.5 million.
3. O'Rourke argues against military cuts by talking about the happiness that every male feels when he has what in his hand?
(a) His country's flag.
(b) A gun.
(c) His wife's hand.
(d) A paycheck.
4. O'Rourke says a cheap alternative to fix the failing school system could involve sending the children to what kind of school?
5. O'Rourke argues that pollution is a byproduct of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What percent of poor people in America own telephones, according to George Gilder?
2. What percent of poor people in America own their own homes, according to George Gilder?
3. O'Rourke believed his town spent too much on what?
4. Who was George H. W. Bush's first Drug Czar?
5. In what year did the government begin formulating agricultural policy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role do special interest groups play in politics?
2. Why does O'Rourke seem to think his family was stronger because they were not given any help?
3. How does O'Rourke feel about claims of collateral damage during Operation Just Cause?
4. How does O'Rourke suggest solving the problem of students dropping out of school?
5. How does O'Rourke describe environmentalists?
6. How does O'Rourke feel about American poverty at the beginning of "Poverty Policy: How to Endow Privation"?
7. How does O'Rourke feel about the seriousness of the problem of crack cocaine in America?
8. How does O'Rourke see a connection between the fear of crack cocaine in America and racism?
9. How does O'Rourke feel about the war in Afghanistan?
10. Who does O'Rourke blame for the savings and loan collapse?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)