|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke recalls spending an evening in what police department?
(a) The Washington, DC police department.
(b) The Los Angeles police department.
(c) The Atlanta police department.
(d) The New York police department.
2. O'Rourke's friend's son got busted for selling what drug?
3. A woman at the housing rally who said she was homeless had how many kids?
4. At the town meeting which O'Rourke attended, the elderly retired people sat where?
(a) Scattered throughout the rows.
(b) In the front row.
(c) In the back row.
(d) They sit closest to the exit.
5. O'Rourke says it is best to simply stay away from what Afghani tribesman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the psychiatric professor that O'Rourke talked to about the crack cocaine problem?
2. What branch of the military uses the USS Mobile Bay?
3. What was the deadline for the last Soviet troops to be withdrawn from Afghanistan?
4. How many tenth graders were at the high school in O'Rourke's town?
5. What is the common enemy that environmentalists have, according to the author?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke describe environmentalists?
2. Why does O'Rourke say that Blatherboro suffers from stupidity?
3. Who does O'Rourke blame for the savings and loan collapse?
4. What does O'Rourke mean when he says that Social Security is like the nation picking its own pocket?
5. What does O'Rourke see when he spends an evening with the Washington DC police department?
6. How does O'Rourke see a connection between the fear of crack cocaine in America and racism?
7. How does O'Rourke feel about the housing project he visits in Newark?
8. How does O'Rourke feel about the Guardian Angels after his experience with them?
9. How does O'Rourke describe the USS Mobile Bay?
10. Explain how the government wastes billions of dollars on farm subsidies, according to O'Rourke.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)