|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke says the middle class has no reason to be concerned about what drug?
(a) Crystal meth.
(b) Crack cocaine.
2. How many tenth graders were at the high school in O'Rourke's town?
3. On what day did O'Rourke attend a housing rally?
(a) March 1.
(b) October 7.
(c) February 23.
(d) July 16.
4. O'Rourke says the hysteria over drugs in the middle class could be the product of what?
(a) A corrupt prison system.
5. What TV network said the housing rally had 40,000 to 250,000 people present?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state did O'Rourke live?
2. A woman at the housing rally who said she was homeless had how many kids?
3. What percent of poor people in America own their own homes, according to George Gilder?
4. Who said, "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die"?
5. At the town meeting which O'Rourke attended, the elderly retired people sat where?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Blatherboro block the completion of a local golf course?
2. How does O'Rourke feel about the government's treatment of the nation's problem with drugs?
3. Why does O'Rourke say that Blatherboro suffers from stupidity?
4. What does O'Rourke see when he spends an evening with the Washington DC police department?
5. How does O'Rourke feel about the seriousness of the problem of crack cocaine in America?
6. How does O'Rourke describe the USS Mobile Bay?
7. Why does O'Rourke fault environmentalists for making "big business" out to be the enemy?
8. How does O'Rourke suggest solving the problem of students dropping out of school?
9. Describe O'Rourke's experience when he joined the Guardian Angels on a drug den raid.
10. Who does O'Rourke blame for the savings and loan collapse?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)