|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percent of poor people in America own their own homes, according to George Gilder?
(a) 40 percent.
(b) 5 percent.
(c) 50 percent.
(d) 20 percent.
2. O'Rourke visits Afghanistan to cover the expected fall of what city?
(b) Mazar-e Sharif.
3. O'Rourke argues that pollution is a byproduct of what?
4. What year is the District of Columbia Housing Act from?
5. O'Rourke attended a housing rally for what group?
(a) Housing Needs!
(b) Housing for All!
(c) Housing Now!
(d) We Want Housing!
Short Answer Questions
1. How many poor people in America live in homes with a heated pool or a Jacuzzi, according to George Gilder?
2. How does O'Rourke feel when he walks through a crowded, third-world bazaar in Afghanistan and sees the free market in action?
3. O'Rourke says that because America is the richest nation on Earth, he is surprised to still what on the street?
4. What drug does O'Rourke says makes a person think they can fly?
5. O'Rourke visited a filthy, smelly, government-subsidized apartment complex in what city?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke feel about the war in Afghanistan?
2. How does O'Rourke describe Blatherboro?
3. Why does O'Rourke feels that Blatherboro is out of its depth when it comes to city planning?
4. How does O'Rourke see a connection between the fear of crack cocaine in America and racism?
5. How does O'Rourke feel about American poverty at the beginning of "Poverty Policy: How to Endow Privation"?
6. Who does O'Rourke blame for the savings and loan collapse?
7. How does O'Rourke feel about his town government blocking the building of a golf course?
8. How does O'Rourke feel about the seriousness of the problem of crack cocaine in America?
9. How does O'Rourke feel about Panama when he goes there in the wake of Operation Just Cause?
10. How does O'Rourke feel about claims of collateral damage during Operation Just Cause?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)