|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What branch of the military uses the USS Mobile Bay?
2. Who was George H. W. Bush's first Drug Czar?
(a) William Bennet.
(b) Lee P. Brown.
(c) Barry McCaffrey.
(d) John P. Walters.
3. Who is the author of a book about the failure of poverty programs called "Losing Ground"?
(a) Yolanda Harrison.
(b) Boyd Hobbs.
(c) Charles Murray.
(d) Denise Adams.
4. What is the name of the Michael Harrington book which says America had a hidden poverty?
(a) "America on the Outs."
(b) "The Other Side."
(c) "The Other America."
(d) "My America."
5. What drug does O'Rourke say made kids psychotic?
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Rourke attended a housing rally that took place where?
2. How many tenth graders were at the high school in O'Rourke's town?
3. In "Defense Policy: Cry 'Havoc!' and "Let Slip the Hogs of Peace," O'Rourke worried that what country still posed a threat and might be waiting for America to fall beneath the weight of its own dissent?
4. What is the USS Mobile Bay?
5. O'Rourke characterizes what group in Afghanistan as deceitful, violent and self-serving?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does O'Rourke seem to think his family was stronger because they were not given any help?
2. How does O'Rourke feel about the government's treatment of the nation's problem with drugs?
3. How does O'Rourke feel about Panama when he goes there in the wake of Operation Just Cause?
4. Why does O'Rourke feels that Blatherboro is out of its depth when it comes to city planning?
5. Why does O'Rourke fault environmentalists for making "big business" out to be the enemy?
6. How does O'Rourke describe environmentalists?
7. Why does O'Rourke believe that a lot of money should be spent on the American military?
8. How does O'Rourke describe the USS Mobile Bay?
9. How did Blatherboro block the completion of a local golf course?
10. How does O'Rourke suggest solving the problem of students dropping out of school?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)