|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the pamphlet called "'The Poor among Us--Challenge and Opportunity"?
(a) Maxwell Stewart.
(b) Max Stephens.
(c) Stewart Matthews.
(d) Stuart Marx.
2. O'Rourke attended a housing rally for what group?
(a) We Want Housing!
(b) Housing Now!
(c) Housing Needs!
(d) Housing for All!
3. How many ninth graders were at the high school in O'Rourke's town?
4. At the town meeting which O'Rourke attended, the elderly retired people sat where?
(a) They sit closest to the exit.
(b) Scattered throughout the rows.
(c) In the front row.
(d) In the back row.
5. What drug does O'Rourke say made kids psychotic?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of life does O'Rourke say Americans lead?
2. O'Rourke says that because America is the richest nation on Earth, he is surprised to still what on the street?
3. At the town meeting which O'Rourke attended, the town natives sat where?
4. O'Rourke visited a filthy, smelly, government-subsidized apartment complex in what city?
5. Who was the acting director of Public Affairs at Customs when O'Rourke's book was written?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke suggest solving the problem of students dropping out of school?
2. Who does O'Rourke blame for the savings and loan collapse?
3. Describe O'Rourke's experience when he joined the Guardian Angels on a drug den raid.
4. How does O'Rourke feel about claims of collateral damage during Operation Just Cause?
5. What role do special interest groups play in politics?
6. Why does O'Rourke say Americans will not find a solution to the problem of drugs in the country?
7. Why does O'Rourke fault environmentalists for making "big business" out to be the enemy?
8. How does O'Rourke describe environmentalists?
9. Explain how the government wastes billions of dollars on farm subsidies, according to O'Rourke.
10. How does O'Rourke see a connection between the fear of crack cocaine in America and racism?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)