|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the official office of the Drug Czar?
(a) Office of American Drug Control Policy.
(b) Association of American Drug Reduction Policy.
(c) Association of National Drug Reduction Policy.
(d) Office of National Drug Control Policy.
2. On what day did O'Rourke attend a housing rally?
(a) July 16.
(b) October 7.
(c) March 1.
(d) February 23.
3. What is the name of the alliance that O'Rourke traveled into poverty stricken areas with?
(a) Times Square.
(c) Guardian Angels.
(d) Phoenix House.
4. Who was the acting director of Public Affairs at Customs when O'Rourke's book was written?
(a) Mike Mullin.
(b) Albert Collins.
(c) Mario Perez.
(d) Dick Weart.
5. O'Rourke's wife asked him about a hurricane that hit what state?
(a) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Rourke is critical of the way that America hands over food, aid and arms to what country?
2. Soldiers told about fighting in Panama in what magazine?
3. The author blames the savings and loan collapse on soaring interest rates caused by what administration?
4. What is the name of the Colonel who O'Rourke met while he was observing Operation Just Cause?
5. O'Rourke says it is best to simply stay away from what Afghani tribesman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does O'Rourke fault environmentalists for making "big business" out to be the enemy?
2. How does O'Rourke feel about the government's treatment of the nation's problem with drugs?
3. How does O'Rourke describe environmentalists?
4. How does O'Rourke feel about his town government blocking the building of a golf course?
5. What does O'Rourke see when he spends an evening with the Washington DC police department?
6. How does O'Rourke describe Blatherboro?
7. How does O'Rourke feel about American poverty at the beginning of "Poverty Policy: How to Endow Privation"?
8. How did Blatherboro block the completion of a local golf course?
9. Describe O'Rourke's experience when he joined the Guardian Angels on a drug den raid.
10. How does O'Rourke feel about Panama when he goes there in the wake of Operation Just Cause?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)