|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said, "What we want from the taxpayers is continual cooperation!" in regard to America's drug problem?
(a) Dick Weart.
(b) Mario Perez.
(c) Mike Mullin.
(d) Albert Collins.
2. On what day did O'Rourke attend a housing rally?
(a) July 16.
(b) October 7.
(c) March 1.
(d) February 23.
3. What is the "largest part" of the USS Mobile Bay, according to the author?
4. What is the name of the psychiatric professor that O'Rourke talked to about the crack cocaine problem?
(a) Marc Galanter.
(b) Sue Warren.
(c) Robin Reeder.
(d) John Haggerty.
5. What is the USS Mobile Bay?
(a) A missile platform.
(b) A helicoptor.
(c) A tank.
(d) A submarine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was O'Rourke's family's socioeconomic status when he was a child?
2. In what state did O'Rourke live?
3. The author blames the savings and loan collapse on soaring interest rates caused by what administration?
4. How many poor people in America live in homes with a heated pool or a Jacuzzi, according to George Gilder?
5. What is the name of the Michael Harrington book which says America had a hidden poverty?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke describe the USS Mobile Bay?
2. What does O'Rourke mean when he says that Social Security is like the nation picking its own pocket?
3. What does the author mean when he says that Americans live a "whiffle life"?
4. How does O'Rourke feel about his town government blocking the building of a golf course?
5. How does O'Rourke describe environmentalists?
6. How does O'Rourke feel about Social Security after visiting the AARP?
7. How does O'Rourke feel about claims of collateral damage during Operation Just Cause?
8. Who does O'Rourke blame for the savings and loan collapse?
9. What role do special interest groups play in politics?
10. Describe O'Rourke's experience when he joined the Guardian Angels on a drug den raid.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)