|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was O'Rourke's family's socioeconomic status when he was a child?
(a) O'Rourke grew up in a very wealthy family.
(b) O'Rourke grew up in a poor family.
(c) O'Rourke grew up in a middle-class family.
(d) O'Rourke grew up in poverty and lived in government housing.
2. What is the name of the hurricane that O'Rourke's wife asked him about?
3. O'Rourke says the middle class has no reason to be concerned about what drug?
(a) Crack cocaine.
(d) Crystal meth.
4. People from O'Rourke's town attempted to block the completion of what?
(a) A local golf course.
(b) A movie theater.
(c) An apartment complex.
(d) A liquor store.
5. O'Rourke considers what war to be a rare success for U.S. foreign policy?
(a) The war in Korea.
(b) The war in Afghanistan.
(c) The war in Vietnam.
(d) The war in Japan.
Short Answer Questions
1. A woman at the housing rally who said she was homeless had how many kids?
2. Why do retirees move to the state where O'Rourke lives?
3. At the town meeting which O'Rourke attended, the town natives sat where?
4. What is the common enemy that environmentalists have, according to the author?
5. What country did O'Rourke visit in the wake of Operation Just Cause?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)