|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke characterizes what group in Afghanistan as deceitful, violent and self-serving?
(b) The Afghan National Army.
(c) The Mujahedeen.
(d) The Taliban.
2. What was the school drop-out rate in O'Rourke's town?
(a) 11 percent.
(b) 42 percent.
(c) 23 percent.
(d) 36 percent.
3. O'Rourke is critical of the way that America hands over food, aid and arms to what country?
4. What senator said "A lot more of whatever needs doing needs to be done--let's spend, spend, spend" in response to the war on drugs?
(a) Bernie Sanders.
(b) Joe Biden.
(c) Carl Levin.
(d) Byron Dorgan.
5. O'Rourke considers what war to be a rare success for U.S. foreign policy?
(a) The war in Japan.
(b) The war in Vietnam.
(c) The war in Korea.
(d) The war in Afghanistan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Rourke say is the ultimate special interest group?
2. Who was the deputy chief of the DEA's Cocaine Desk when O'Rourke's book was written?
3. Who was the acting director of Public Affairs at Customs when O'Rourke's book was written?
4. In what state did O'Rourke live?
5. During Operation Just Cause, O'Rourke was disgusted by the media's hysteria over what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does O'Rourke feel that the best policy for dealing with Afghani Pathan tribesman is to just stay away from them?
2. Describe O'Rourke's experience when he joined the Guardian Angels on a drug den raid.
3. How does O'Rourke feel about American poverty at the beginning of "Poverty Policy: How to Endow Privation"?
4. What does O'Rourke mean when he says that Social Security is like the nation picking its own pocket?
5. Why does O'Rourke say that Blatherboro suffers from stupidity?
6. Why does O'Rourke seem to think his family was stronger because they were not given any help?
7. How does O'Rourke describe the USS Mobile Bay?
8. How did Blatherboro block the completion of a local golf course?
9. Explain how the government wastes billions of dollars on farm subsidies, according to O'Rourke.
10. How does O'Rourke suggest solving the problem of students dropping out of school?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)