|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke says the hysteria over drugs in the middle class could be the product of what?
(d) A corrupt prison system.
2. Who is the author of a book about the failure of poverty programs called "Losing Ground"?
(a) Charles Murray.
(b) Denise Adams.
(c) Boyd Hobbs.
(d) Yolanda Harrison.
3. O'Rourke mocked college bohos at the housing rally who were dressed in what color?
4. People from O'Rourke's town attempted to block the completion of what?
(a) A movie theater.
(b) A local golf course.
(c) A liquor store.
(d) An apartment complex.
5. In a disclaimer to the section, "Defense Policy: Cry 'Havoc!' and Let Slip the Hogs of Peace," O'Rourke says he now feels that what war may prove profitable?
(a) The Gulf War.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) The Cold War.
(d) The Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Rourke visited a government-owned complex with windows made of what?
2. How many poor people does O'Rourke say ask him for money on his way to work every day?
3. In what state did O'Rourke live?
4. O'Rourke visited a filthy, smelly, government-subsidized apartment complex in what city?
5. O'Rourke concludes that, in a democracy, the whores are whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke feel about Social Security after visiting the AARP?
2. Who does O'Rourke blame for the savings and loan collapse?
3. Why does O'Rourke seem to think his family was stronger because they were not given any help?
4. Why does O'Rourke fault environmentalists for making "big business" out to be the enemy?
5. How does O'Rourke feel about the seriousness of the problem of crack cocaine in America?
6. How does O'Rourke feel about his town government blocking the building of a golf course?
7. How does O'Rourke feel about the housing project he visits in Newark?
8. How does O'Rourke suggest solving the problem of students dropping out of school?
9. How does O'Rourke feel about claims of collateral damage during Operation Just Cause?
10. Why does O'Rourke feel that the best policy for dealing with Afghani Pathan tribesman is to just stay away from them?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)