|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the prophet who warned against a king that would take a 10th of his people's sheep?
2. What ball did O'Rourke peek in on where he saw boogying and people playing the electric guitar?
(a) The Magnolia Ball.
(b) Police Atheletic League Ball.
(c) Inaugural Balls.
(d) Young Americans Ball.
3. Which of the Amendments to the U.S. Constitution deals with the right to "keep and bear arms"?
(a) The 2nd.
(b) The 14th.
(c) The 9th.
(d) The 3rd.
4. Who is the author of "The Power Game: How Washington Works"?
(a) Christopher Cav.
(b) Jason Watson.
(c) Jeffrey Simpson.
(d) Hedrick Smith.
5. O'Rourke revealed that congressmen use what items that offer a summary of a proposed bill?
(a) An "info guide."
(b) A "cheat sheet."
(c) An "info sheet."
(d) A "cheat card."
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Rourke comes to the conclusion that the president's role in government is largely symbolic after referring to a presidential agenda from what day?
2. What newspaper called Dan Quayle an "avid reader" of "real live books"?
3. Who told the Atlanta convention that the Democratic party "needs both its left wing and its right wing to fly"?
4. Where was the Republican convention held that O'Rourke attended?
5. Who does O'Rourke believe increases bureaucracy by forcing the government to address people's frivolous complaints?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke describe the Democratic National Convention?
2. Why does O'Rourke seem to believe that being a congressman is a thankless job?
3. What does O'Rourke think about the modern high school civics text book?
4. How does O'Rourke feel about George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget?
5. Why does O'Rourke say that George H. W. Bush's popularity plummeted?
6. How does O'Rourke suppose that most Americans feel about the United States government?
7. How does O'Rourke describe the day he shadowed a congressman?
8. How does O'Rourke feel that the American political system is like a Mexican Christmas fiesta?
9. Describe the world O'Rourke envisions when he points out the flaws of the "majority rules" system.
10. What did Ted Kennedy mean when he said "Where was George?"
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)