|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political party did Lloyd Bentsen belong to?
2. In "Only Human in His Own Immortal Way: The President," O'Rourke mocks what Act?
(a) Patriot Act.
(b) Information Technology Act.
(c) Civil Rights Act.
(d) Americans with Disabilities Act.
3. How does O'Rourke describe a day when Congress is not even in session?
4. What is the name of the group of journalists who ask questions and take photos at the White House?
(a) White House Press Club.
(b) White House Press Association.
(c) White House Press Group.
(d) White House Press Corps.
5. O'Rourke began the sub-section "Attack of the Midget Vote-suckers" by comparing conventions to what?
(b) Cheerleading competitions.
(c) High school reunions.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did O'Rourke predict that there would be an election of significance?
2. For which presidential candidate did Lloyd Bentsen run as vice president?
3. What Audi model does O'Rourke say was deemed unsafe because of "runaway car syndrome"?
4. What brand of beer does O'Rourke mention when saying that "runaway car syndrome" is the result of drinking while driving?
5. Who has a reputation as being the unofficial fourth branch of government?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does O'Rourke say that Blatherboro suffers from stupidity?
2. What does O'Rourke see when he spends an evening with the Washington DC police department?
3. How does O'Rourke describe the day he shadowed a congressman?
4. What does O'Rourke mean when he says that Social Security is like the nation picking its own pocket?
5. How does O'Rourke describe Blatherboro?
6. What did O'Rourke learn from an anonymous functionary at the Department of Transportation?
7. How does O'Rourke describe the partnership between Dukakis and Bentson?
8. Describe the world O'Rourke envisions when he points out the flaws of the "majority rules" system.
9. Explain how the government wastes billions of dollars on farm subsidies, according to O'Rourke.
10. How does O'Rourke explain what the Democrats and Republicans believe in?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)