|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Dukakis considering as a running mate before he picked Lloyd Bentsen?
(a) Bill Clinton.
(b) Barrack Obama.
(c) Al Gore.
(d) Danny Ortega.
2. At what time of day was George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget finally "hammered out"?
(a) 5:07 a.m.
(b) 6:58 a.m.
(c) 10:15 p.m.
(d) 3:47 p.m.
3. How long did Jesse Jackson propose to freeze military spending?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Four years.
4. What year did the Seneca Falls Declaration take place?
5. What king did O'Rourke compare the U.S. government to?
(c) George III.
(d) Henry V.
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Rourke says that the 1988 presidential candidates were less well chosen than whom?
2. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that every meal will be?
3. What Audi model does O'Rourke say was deemed unsafe because of "runaway car syndrome"?
4. What amendment is in question as to whether or not it allows flag burning in protest?
5. Who does O'Rourke say has more respect for their electorates than the American parties?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke describe the day he shadowed a congressman?
2. How does O'Rourke feel that consumer advocates compel increased bureaucracy?
3. Why does O'Rourke believe that the United States government remains unchecked?
4. How does O'Rourke feel about Jesse Jackson's speech, which he watched from his hotel room?
5. How does O'Rourke explain what the Democrats and Republicans believe in?
6. How does O'Rourke feel that the American political system is like a Mexican Christmas fiesta?
7. What does O'Rourke say is the best way to truly understand the function of government?
8. How does O'Rourke describe one-minute speeches?
9. How does O'Rourke feel about the Democratic speeches given during a visit to the House of Representatives?
10. To what does O'Rourke attribute the problem of the national deficit?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)