|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O' Rourke compares the president's decision-making ability to that of a child of what age?
2. O'Rourke visited the Department of Transportation and was surprised to discover that many of the workers were fans of what?
(b) Video games.
(c) "Star Wars."
(d) The Rolling Stones.
3. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," who does he say that all people will be married to?
(a) Bruce Willis.
(b) Robert Redford.
(c) Brad Pitt.
(d) Mel Gibson.
4. What does O'Rourke describe as an organism whose sole purpose is to aggrandize those in power?
(a) The media.
(b) The election process.
(c) The White House.
(d) The American government.
5. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say will be the only thing on the shelves at libraries?
(a) Diet and workout books.
(b) Comic books.
(c) Murder mystery novels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gives women the right to vote?
2. Where was the Republican convention held that O'Rourke attended?
3. O'Rourke joked that George H. W. Bush donned a costume and went by what name?
4. O'Rourke began the sub-section "Attack of the Midget Vote-suckers" by comparing conventions to what?
5. What was Dukakis' wife named?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke explain what the Democrats and Republicans believe in?
2. What problems does O'Rourke see with the U.S. Constitution?
3. How does O'Rourke feel about the concept of political conventions?
4. From O'Rourke's description, what does a congressman's job entail?
5. How does O'Rourke feel about George H. W. Bush's rise to fame?
6. How does O'Rourke describe the day he shadowed a congressman?
7. How does O'Rourke feel about Jesse Jackson's speech, which he watched from his hotel room?
8. How does O'Rourke feel that the American political system is like a Mexican Christmas fiesta?
9. What did a study show about the Audi 500 and its supposed runaway car syndrome?
10. What did O'Rourke learn from an anonymous functionary at the Department of Transportation?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)