Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day was George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget finally "hammered out"?
(a) 5:07 a.m.
(b) 3:47 p.m.
(c) 10:15 p.m.
(d) 6:58 a.m.
2. O'Rourke began the sub-section "Attack of the Midget Vote-suckers" by comparing conventions to what?
(a) Cheerleading competitions.
(d) High school reunions.
3. What ball did O'Rourke peek in on where he saw boogying and people playing the electric guitar?
(a) Young Americans Ball.
(b) Police Atheletic League Ball.
(c) Inaugural Balls.
(d) The Magnolia Ball.
4. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say will be the only thing on the shelves at libraries?
(a) Murder mystery novels.
(b) Diet and workout books.
(c) Comic books.
5. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," who does he say that all people will be married to?
(a) Bruce Willis.
(b) Mel Gibson.
(c) Robert Redford.
(d) Brad Pitt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does O'Rourke believe increases bureaucracy by forcing the government to address people's frivolous complaints?
2. What does O'Rourke say is the term for an interview where "you didn't come here and I didn't say this"?
3. O'Rourke says that the 1988 presidential candidates were less well chosen than whom?
4. What is the name of the group of journalists who ask questions and take photos at the White House?
5. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that all pants will be made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does O'Rourke believe that the United States government remains unchecked?
2. Why does O'Rourke say that Blatherboro suffers from stupidity?
3. How does O'Rourke see a connection between the fear of crack cocaine in America and racism?
4. What does O'Rourke mean when he says that Social Security is like the nation picking its own pocket?
5. How does O'Rourke depict Washington journalists?
6. What problems does O'Rourke see with the U.S. Constitution?
7. How does O'Rourke describe the partnership between Dukakis and Bentson?
8. How does O'Rourke describe one-minute speeches?
9. Describe O'Rourke's experience with the Young Americans Ball.
10. How does O'Rourke explain what the Democrats and Republicans believe in?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)