|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told the Atlanta convention that the Democratic party "needs both its left wing and its right wing to fly"?
(a) George H. W. Bush.
(b) Bill Clinton.
(c) Jesse Jackson.
(d) Michael Dukakis.
2. What amendment is in question as to whether or not it allows flag burning in protest?
3. O'Rourke jokingly compared the political conventions to a special-occasion event, with whom in the broadcast booth?
(a) Katie Couric.
(b) Bryant Gumbel.
(c) Matt Lauer.
(d) Kathy Lee Gifford.
4. What party game does O'Rourke liken the American political system to?
(b) Spin the bottle.
(c) Texas hold 'em.
(d) Pin the tail on the donkey.
5. Who equated a belief in government to the "vapid" peace of mind experienced by church goers?
(a) Johnny Cochran.
(b) Frank Levin.
(c) Gloria Allred.
(d) Clarence Darrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What television program ran a story about "runaway car syndrome" in an Audi model?
2. "Runaway car syndrome" is a situation where a vehicle spontaneously does what?
3. What ball did O'Rourke peek in on where he saw boogying and people playing the electric guitar?
4. Who did O'Rourke credit with George H. W. Bush's meteoric rise to popularity?
5. Who was the presidential candidate for the Democrats when O'Rourke visited the political conventions of both parties?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke feel that the American political system is like a Mexican Christmas fiesta?
2. What did O'Rourke learn from an anonymous functionary at the Department of Transportation?
3. To what does O'Rourke attribute the problem of the national deficit?
4. How does O'Rourke feel about the Democratic speeches given during a visit to the House of Representatives?
5. How does O'Rourke feel about George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget?
6. Why does O'Rourke say that George H. W. Bush's popularity plummeted?
7. Describe the world O'Rourke envisions when he points out the flaws of the "majority rules" system.
8. How does O'Rourke feel about Jesse Jackson's speech, which he watched from his hotel room?
9. How does O'Rourke explain what the Democrats and Republicans believe in?
10. How does O'Rourke feel about George H. W. Bush's rise to fame?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)