|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname did O'Rourke give to the generation that was attending high school when his book was written?
(a) The Coca-Cola generation.
(b) The "Sesame Street" generation.
(c) The Pizza Hut generation.
(d) The "Home Alone" generation.
2. What party game does O'Rourke liken the American political system to?
(a) Pin the tail on the donkey.
(b) Texas hold 'em.
(d) Spin the bottle.
3. What year did the Seneca Falls Declaration take place?
4. Who was the attorney for the plaintiffs during a flag desecration case?
5. On what day was a government study released on "runaway car syndrome"?
(a) May 22.
(b) June 2.
(c) April 16.
(d) March 7.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did a national newspaper print a story about "runaway car syndrome"?
2. During the convention, O'Rourke says both Democrats and Republicans act like mindless fans of what?
3. According to a study by a foundation, what percent of Americans did not know what party Llotd Bentsen was affiliated with during an election?
4. What is the name of the agency that dealt with an outbreak of "runaway car syndrome"?
5. What does O'Rourke say the venue where the Democratic convention was held is shaped like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke depict Washington journalists?
2. How does O'Rourke describe the Democratic National Convention?
3. What examples does O'Rourke give to say that America's government now embodies the same tyrannical bent that compelled the American colonies to secede from England?
4. How does O'Rourke feel about the Democratic speeches given during a visit to the House of Representatives?
5. How does O'Rourke feel that consumer advocates compel increased bureaucracy?
6. How does O'Rourke feel about Jesse Jackson's speech, which he watched from his hotel room?
7. How does O'Rourke describe the Republican and Democratic platforms during the 1988 elections?
8. What does O'Rourke think about the modern high school civics text book?
9. How does O'Rourke describe the partnership between Dukakis and Bentson?
10. What does O'Rourke say is the best way to truly understand the function of government?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)