|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the solicitor general during a flag desecration case?
(a) Charles Fried.
(b) Thurgood Marshall.
(c) Kenneth Starr.
(d) Rex E. Lee.
2. Which Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gives women the right to vote?
(a) The 19th.
(b) The 4th.
(c) The 8th.
(d) The 12th.
3. What Audi model does O'Rourke say was deemed unsafe because of "runaway car syndrome"?
(a) Audi A4.
(b) Audi 5000.
(c) Audi 80.
(d) Audi A2.
4. Who is the author of "The Power Game: How Washington Works"?
(a) Christopher Cav.
(b) Jeffrey Simpson.
(c) Jason Watson.
(d) Hedrick Smith.
5. O'Rourke joked that George H. W. Bush donned a costume and went by what name?
(c) Mr. Texas.
(d) The Conservanator.
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Rourke revealed that congressmen use what items that offer a summary of a proposed bill?
2. O'Rourke says the Republican convention had the intellectual content of song lyrics by what band?
3. Who does O'Rourke say is the only Democrat who came to the convention with real ideas?
4. Who was the director of the Office of Management and Budget at the time George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget was completed?
5. What nickname did O'Rourke give to the generation that was attending high school when his book was written?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke feel about the Guardian Angels after his experience with them?
2. Why does O'Rourke believe that the United States government remains unchecked?
3. What examples does O'Rourke give to say that America's government now embodies the same tyrannical bent that compelled the American colonies to secede from England?
4. What does the author mean when he says that Americans live a "whiffle life"?
5. Why does O'Rourke say that Blatherboro suffers from stupidity?
6. How does O'Rourke describe the partnership between Dukakis and Bentson?
7. How does O'Rourke feel about Panama when he goes there in the wake of Operation Just Cause?
8. Explain how the government wastes billions of dollars on farm subsidies, according to O'Rourke.
9. Describe the world O'Rourke envisions when he points out the flaws of the "majority rules" system.
10. How does O'Rourke feel about the government's treatment of the nation's problem with drugs?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)