|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that all pants will be made of?
2. What television program ran a story about "runaway car syndrome" in an Audi model?
(a) "60 Minutes."
(b) "The Today Show."
(c) "NBC Nightly News."
3. George H. W. Bush ran his presidential campaign on the idea that he would be a second helping of whom?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Jimmy Carter.
(d) Gerald Ford.
4. What city does O'Rourke describe as having a climate like the inside of a locked van in the Sahara?
5. O'Rourke recalls shadowing whom for a day?
(a) A press secretary.
(b) A president.
(c) A congressman.
(d) A lobbyist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Republican convention held that O'Rourke attended?
2. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say will be the only thing on the shelves at libraries?
3. O'Rourke says that the 1988 presidential candidates were less well chosen than whom?
4. What is the name of the textbook that O'Rourke criticized for being boring?
5. In what year did a flag desecration case take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke explain what the Democrats and Republicans believe in?
2. How does O'Rourke describe the Democratic National Convention?
3. What did a study show about the Audi 500 and its supposed runaway car syndrome?
4. To what does O'Rourke attribute the problem of the national deficit?
5. How does O'Rourke describe the day he shadowed a congressman?
6. What does O'Rourke think about the modern high school civics text book?
7. Describe the world O'Rourke envisions when he points out the flaws of the "majority rules" system.
8. What did O'Rourke learn from an anonymous functionary at the Department of Transportation?
9. What problems does O'Rourke see with the U.S. Constitution?
10. How does O'Rourke feel about Jesse Jackson's speech, which he watched from his hotel room?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)