|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does O'Rourke say is the only Democrat who came to the convention with real ideas?
(a) Bill Clinton.
(b) Michael Dukakis.
(c) Lloyd Bentsen.
(d) Jesse Jackson.
2. Who equated a belief in government to the "vapid" peace of mind experienced by church goers?
(a) Frank Levin.
(b) Gloria Allred.
(c) Johnny Cochran.
(d) Clarence Darrow.
3. In what year did a flag desecration case take place?
4. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that all pants will be made of?
5. Who did O'Rourke credit with George H. W. Bush's meteoric rise to popularity?
(a) His wife.
(b) School teachers.
(c) The media.
(d) His overzealous fans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What television program ran a story about "runaway car syndrome" in an Audi model?
2. When did O'Rourke predict that there would be an election of significance?
3. In what year did a national newspaper print a story about "runaway car syndrome"?
4. What exists in a state of perpetual failure because motion is valued above direction and achievement?
5. According to a study by a foundation, what percent of Americans did not know what party Llotd Bentsen was affiliated with during an election?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke describe the day he shadowed a congressman?
2. Why does O'Rourke seem to believe that being a congressman is a thankless job?
3. How does O'Rourke depict Washington journalists?
4. To what does O'Rourke attribute the problem of the national deficit?
5. What did a study show about the Audi 500 and its supposed runaway car syndrome?
6. Why does O'Rourke believe that the United States government remains unchecked?
7. How does O'Rourke feel that the American political system is like a Mexican Christmas fiesta?
8. How does O'Rourke feel about George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget?
9. What does O'Rourke think about the modern high school civics text book?
10. What problems does O'Rourke see with the U.S. Constitution?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)