|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke comes to the conclusion that the president's role in government is largely symbolic after referring to a presidential agenda from what day?
(a) December 31, 1988.
(b) July 25, 1990.
(c) April 4, 1989.
(d) May 13, 1991.
2. Who was the solicitor general during a flag desecration case?
(a) Kenneth Starr.
(b) Rex E. Lee.
(c) Thurgood Marshall.
(d) Charles Fried.
3. Who was the attorney for the plaintiffs during a flag desecration case?
4. What brand of beer does O'Rourke mention when saying that "runaway car syndrome" is the result of drinking while driving?
5. O'Rourke recalls shadowing whom for a day?
(a) A congressman.
(b) A press secretary.
(c) A president.
(d) A lobbyist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Dukakis considering as a running mate before he picked Lloyd Bentsen?
2. How often does the press secretary at the White House field questions from the media?
3. What amendment is in question as to whether or not it allows flag burning in protest?
4. What Audi model does O'Rourke say was deemed unsafe because of "runaway car syndrome"?
5. Who is the author of "The Power Game: How Washington Works"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke feel about George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget?
2. How does O'Rourke feel that the American political system is like a Mexican Christmas fiesta?
3. How does O'Rourke describe one-minute speeches?
4. How does O'Rourke feel about the concept of political conventions?
5. What problems does O'Rourke see with the U.S. Constitution?
6. How does O'Rourke describe the Democratic National Convention?
7. How does O'Rourke feel about Jesse Jackson's speech, which he watched from his hotel room?
8. How does O'Rourke feel about George H. W. Bush's rise to fame?
9. How does O'Rourke suppose that most Americans feel about the United States government?
10. Describe O'Rourke's experience with the Young Americans Ball.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)