|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Dukakis considering as a running mate before he picked Lloyd Bentsen?
(a) Barrack Obama.
(b) Bill Clinton.
(c) Danny Ortega.
(d) Al Gore.
2. During the convention, O'Rourke says both Democrats and Republicans act like mindless fans of what?
(a) Science fiction.
(b) Rock music.
(c) The Beatles.
3. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say will be the only thing on the shelves at libraries?
(a) Murder mystery novels.
(b) Comic books.
(c) Diet and workout books.
4. What year was it when O'Rourke attended the Democratic and Republican political conventions?
5. O'Rourke visited the Department of Transportation and was surprised to discover that many of the workers were fans of what?
(b) "Star Wars."
(c) The Rolling Stones.
(d) Video games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political party did Lloyd Bentsen belong to?
2. How many letters from citizens does O'Rourke imagine that congressmen receive each year?
3. Who was George H. W. Bush's running mate in 1988?
4. What was the name of the foundation that set up a commission to study the electorate?
5. Which Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gives women the right to vote?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke describe the partnership between Dukakis and Bentson?
2. What did a study show about the Audi 500 and its supposed runaway car syndrome?
3. How does O'Rourke depict Washington journalists?
4. How does O'Rourke feel about George H. W. Bush's rise to fame?
5. Why does O'Rourke say that George H. W. Bush's popularity plummeted?
6. How does O'Rourke describe the day he shadowed a congressman?
7. What does O'Rourke think about the modern high school civics text book?
8. From O'Rourke's description, what does a congressman's job entail?
9. Why does O'Rourke believe that the United States government remains unchecked?
10. How does O'Rourke describe the Democratic National Convention?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)