|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gives women the right to vote?
(a) The 12th.
(b) The 4th.
(c) The 19th.
(d) The 8th.
2. What was Dukakis' wife named?
3. Who equated a belief in government to the "vapid" peace of mind experienced by church goers?
(a) Frank Levin.
(b) Gloria Allred.
(c) Johnny Cochran.
(d) Clarence Darrow.
4. "Runaway car syndrome" is a situation where a vehicle spontaneously does what?
(a) Fails to register as having a valid VIN number.
(b) Stops independently of the driver's will.
(c) Fluctuates in speed independently of the driver's will.
(d) Accelerates independently of the driver's will.
5. O'Rourke began the sub-section "Attack of the Midget Vote-suckers" by comparing conventions to what?
(b) High school reunions.
(d) Cheerleading competitions.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day was George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget finally "hammered out"?
2. What does O'Rourke describe as an organism whose sole purpose is to aggrandize those in power?
3. Who does O'Rourke say is the only Democrat who came to the convention with real ideas?
4. In what year was a government study released on "runaway car syndrome" in an Audi model?
5. Who is the author of "The Power Game: How Washington Works"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke explain what the Democrats and Republicans believe in?
2. How does O'Rourke feel about George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget?
3. From O'Rourke's description, what does a congressman's job entail?
4. How does O'Rourke depict Washington journalists?
5. What does O'Rourke think about the modern high school civics text book?
6. How does O'Rourke describe the day he shadowed a congressman?
7. How does O'Rourke feel that consumer advocates compel increased bureaucracy?
8. Why does O'Rourke seem to believe that being a congressman is a thankless job?
9. To what does O'Rourke attribute the problem of the national deficit?
10. How does O'Rourke describe the Republican and Democratic platforms during the 1988 elections?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)