|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does O'Rourke say is the only Democrat who came to the convention with real ideas?
(a) Lloyd Bentsen.
(b) Michael Dukakis.
(c) Jesse Jackson.
(d) Bill Clinton.
2. What was Dukakis' wife named?
3. O'Rourke began the sub-section "Attack of the Midget Vote-suckers" by comparing conventions to what?
(c) High school reunions.
(d) Cheerleading competitions.
4. Who was the solicitor general during a flag desecration case?
(a) Kenneth Starr.
(b) Thurgood Marshall.
(c) Charles Fried.
(d) Rex E. Lee.
5. Who referred to lukewarm political relationships as "kiss on the lips but no tongue"?
(a) Fred Barnes.
(b) Stephen Kerr.
(c) Matthew Reed.
(d) Adam Neal.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the convention, O'Rourke says both Democrats and Republicans act like mindless fans of what?
2. What platform did O'Rourke say the Republicans ran on in 1988?
3. What brand of beer does O'Rourke mention when saying that "runaway car syndrome" is the result of drinking while driving?
4. In what newspaper did an article about "runaway car syndrome" appear?
5. How did O'Rourke describe Reagan's social programs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke feel about George H. W. Bush's rise to fame?
2. What did O'Rourke learn from an anonymous functionary at the Department of Transportation?
3. How does O'Rourke feel that consumer advocates compel increased bureaucracy?
4. What does O'Rourke say is the best way to truly understand the function of government?
5. What problems does O'Rourke see with the U.S. Constitution?
6. How does O'Rourke feel about the Democratic speeches given during a visit to the House of Representatives?
7. How does O'Rourke feel about his town government blocking the building of a golf course?
8. How does O'Rourke feel about Social Security after visiting the AARP?
9. How does O'Rourke describe the Republican and Democratic platforms during the 1988 elections?
10. How does O'Rourke suppose that most Americans feel about the United States government?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)