|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke visited the Department of Transportation and was surprised to discover that many of the workers were fans of what?
(a) The Rolling Stones.
(b) "Star Wars."
(d) Video games.
2. What is the name of the agency that dealt with an outbreak of "runaway car syndrome"?
(a) Federal Interstate Traffic Safety Agency.
(b) National Interstate Traffic Safety Administration.
(c) National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
(d) Federal Highway Traffic Safety Agency.
3. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that all pants will be made of?
4. O' Rourke compares the president's decision-making ability to that of a child of what age?
5. Who does O'Rourke say has more respect for their electorates than the American parties?
(a) The Canadian constitutional monarchy.
(b) The Soviet Communists.
(c) The Saudi Arabian absolute monarchy.
(d) The Iranian republic.
Short Answer Questions
1. A high school textbook refers to what document as "a living document"?
2. What was the name of the prophet who warned against a king that would take a 10th of his people's sheep?
3. O'Rourke presents an unflattering picture of House Democratic efforts to talk environmentalism in advance of what?
4. What is the name of the group of journalists who ask questions and take photos at the White House?
5. O'Rourke began the sub-section "Attack of the Midget Vote-suckers" by comparing conventions to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke describe the day he shadowed a congressman?
2. What did O'Rourke learn from an anonymous functionary at the Department of Transportation?
3. From O'Rourke's description, what does a congressman's job entail?
4. What problems does O'Rourke see with the U.S. Constitution?
5. How does O'Rourke describe one-minute speeches?
6. To what does O'Rourke attribute the problem of the national deficit?
7. Describe O'Rourke's experience with the Young Americans Ball.
8. How does O'Rourke explain what the Democrats and Republicans believe in?
9. How does O'Rourke feel about the Democratic speeches given during a visit to the House of Representatives?
10. What examples does O'Rourke give to say that America's government now embodies the same tyrannical bent that compelled the American colonies to secede from England?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)