|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What amendment is in question as to whether or not it allows flag burning in protest?
2. How many pages was a government study released on "runaway car syndrome"?
3. What was the name of the prophet who warned against a king that would take a 10th of his people's sheep?
4. What are the speeches called that O'Rourke heard when he visited the House of Representatives?
(a) One minutes.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) Three minutes.
5. Who was the director of the Office of Management and Budget at the time George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget was completed?
(a) Alice M. Rivlin.
(b) Peter Orszag.
(c) Richard Darman.
(d) Franklin D. Raines.
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Rourke points out that the manual for what automobile is 4 times as long as the U.S. Constitution?
2. Which Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gives women the right to vote?
3. What is the name of the group of journalists who ask questions and take photos at the White House?
4. What exists in a state of perpetual failure because motion is valued above direction and achievement?
5. O'Rourke visited the Department of Transportation and was surprised to discover that many of the workers were fans of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke explain what the Democrats and Republicans believe in?
2. How does O'Rourke describe one-minute speeches?
3. How does O'Rourke describe the Republican and Democratic platforms during the 1988 elections?
4. How does O'Rourke feel about the concept of political conventions?
5. How does O'Rourke describe the Democratic National Convention?
6. How does O'Rourke feel about Jesse Jackson's speech, which he watched from his hotel room?
7. Describe O'Rourke's experience with the Young Americans Ball.
8. Who does O'Rourke blame for the perceived poor state of the nation, and who does he let off the hook?
9. Why does O'Rourke believe that the United States government remains unchecked?
10. What did O'Rourke learn from an anonymous functionary at the Department of Transportation?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)