|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke visited the Department of Transportation and was surprised to discover that many of the workers were fans of what?
(b) Video games.
(c) "Star Wars."
(d) The Rolling Stones.
2. Who is the author of "The Power Game: How Washington Works"?
(a) Jeffrey Simpson.
(b) Hedrick Smith.
(c) Jason Watson.
(d) Christopher Cav.
3. George H. W. Bush ran his presidential campaign on the idea that he would be a second helping of whom?
(a) Gerald Ford.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Jimmy Carter.
4. O'Rourke begins "Protectors of a Blameless Citizenry: The Bureaucracy" by talking about what government department?
5. At what time of day was George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget finally "hammered out"?
(a) 6:58 a.m.
(b) 3:47 p.m.
(c) 10:15 p.m.
(d) 5:07 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. For which presidential candidate did Lloyd Bentsen run as vice president?
2. What is the name of the group of journalists who ask questions and take photos at the White House?
3. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," who does he say that all people will be married to?
4. In what year did a flag desecration case take place?
5. What city does O'Rourke describe as having a climate like the inside of a locked van in the Sahara?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ted Kennedy mean when he said "Where was George?"
2. How does O'Rourke feel that consumer advocates compel increased bureaucracy?
3. Why does O'Rourke believe that the United States government remains unchecked?
4. What did a study show about the Audi 500 and its supposed runaway car syndrome?
5. How does O'Rourke feel about George H. W. Bush's rise to fame?
6. How does O'Rourke feel about George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget?
7. Describe the world O'Rourke envisions when he points out the flaws of the "majority rules" system.
8. How does O'Rourke suppose that most Americans feel about the United States government?
9. How does O'Rourke feel about Jesse Jackson's speech, which he watched from his hotel room?
10. What did O'Rourke learn from an anonymous functionary at the Department of Transportation?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)