|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the Amendments to the U.S. Constitution deals with the right to "keep and bear arms"?
(a) The 2nd.
(b) The 9th.
(c) The 3rd.
(d) The 14th.
2. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that all pants will be made of?
3. How does O'Rourke describe a day when Congress is not even in session?
4. What party game does O'Rourke liken the American political system to?
(a) Texas hold 'em.
(c) Pin the tail on the donkey.
(d) Spin the bottle.
5. What was the name of the foundation that set up a commission to study the electorate?
(a) The John and Mary R. Markle Foundation.
(b) The Jeffrey and Michelle H. Wright Foundation.
(c) The Roy and Carol G. Bernath Foundation.
(d) The Thomas and Ruth B. Martin Foundation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pages was a government study released on "runaway car syndrome"?
2. What was the name of the prophet who warned against a king that would take a 10th of his people's sheep?
3. What brand of beer does O'Rourke mention when saying that "runaway car syndrome" is the result of drinking while driving?
4. Who is the author of "The Power Game: How Washington Works"?
5. In what year did a national newspaper print a story about "runaway car syndrome"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O'Rourke feel about the concept of political conventions?
2. How does O'Rourke describe the partnership between Dukakis and Bentson?
3. How does O'Rourke suppose that most Americans feel about the United States government?
4. What did O'Rourke learn from an anonymous functionary at the Department of Transportation?
5. Why does O'Rourke say that George H. W. Bush's popularity plummeted?
6. What does O'Rourke say is the best way to truly understand the function of government?
7. What did Ted Kennedy mean when he said "Where was George?"
8. What does O'Rourke think about the modern high school civics text book?
9. To what does O'Rourke attribute the problem of the national deficit?
10. Describe O'Rourke's experience with the Young Americans Ball.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)