|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke attended a housing rally for what group?
(a) Housing Needs!
(b) Housing Now!
(c) We Want Housing!
(d) Housing for All!
2. O'Rourke concludes that, in a democracy, the whores are whom?
(a) Special interest groups.
(b) The citizens.
(c) Big businesses.
(d) The politicians.
3. What was O'Rourke's family's socioeconomic status when he was a child?
(a) O'Rourke grew up in poverty and lived in government housing.
(b) O'Rourke grew up in a poor family.
(c) O'Rourke grew up in a middle-class family.
(d) O'Rourke grew up in a very wealthy family.
4. O'Rourke says it is best to simply stay away from what Afghani tribesman?
5. O'Rourke argues that modern, poor Americans earn greater income than the middle-class Americans of what year?
6. What is the common enemy that environmentalists have, according to the author?
(b) Waste management companies.
(c) Big business.
7. What drug does O'Rourke say made kids psychotic?
8. Who is the author of a book about the failure of poverty programs called "Losing Ground"?
(a) Yolanda Harrison.
(b) Boyd Hobbs.
(c) Charles Murray.
(d) Denise Adams.
9. O'Rourke visited a government-owned complex with windows made of what?
(a) Bullet-proof glass.
(d) Thin plastic.
10. How many tenth graders were at the high school in O'Rourke's town?
11. O'Rourke mocked college bohos at the housing rally who were dressed in what color?
12. What tax did the natives of O'Rourke's town fear that the retirees would inflate?
(a) Hotel tax.
(b) Sales tax.
(c) Property tax.
(d) Food tax.
13. O'Rourke's friend's son got busted for selling what drug?
14. O'Rourke says that special interest sounds like something out of a cartoon by whom?
(a) J. P. Trostle.
(b) Daryl Cagle.
(c) John Chase.
(d) Thomas Nast.
15. Who wrote the pamphlet called "'The Poor among Us--Challenge and Opportunity"?
(a) Stuart Marx.
(b) Max Stephens.
(c) Stewart Matthews.
(d) Maxwell Stewart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the official office of the Drug Czar?
2. In what year did the government begin formulating agricultural policy?
3. What kind of life does O'Rourke say Americans lead?
4. O'Rourke considers what war to be a rare success for U.S. foreign policy?
5. Every year, O'Rourke attended a meeting of his hometown where people crowd into where?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)