|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many poor people in America live in homes with a heated pool or a Jacuzzi, according to George Gilder?
2. Why do retirees move to the state where O'Rourke lives?
(a) For its tax policy.
(b) For its beaches.
(c) For its golf courses.
(d) For its amusement parks.
3. What is the official office of the Drug Czar?
(a) Association of American Drug Reduction Policy.
(b) Association of National Drug Reduction Policy.
(c) Office of National Drug Control Policy.
(d) Office of American Drug Control Policy.
4. O'Rourke claims that Social Security serves only to pad the bank accounts of whom?
(c) The wealthiest Americans.
(d) Senior citizens.
5. Who was the acting director of Public Affairs at Customs when O'Rourke's book was written?
(a) Mario Perez.
(b) Mike Mullin.
(c) Albert Collins.
(d) Dick Weart.
6. How many poor people does O'Rourke say live in the U.S.?
(a) 24.2 million.
(b) 32.5 million.
(c) 12.4 million.
(d) 45 million.
7. O'Rourke attended a housing rally for what group?
(a) We Want Housing!
(b) Housing for All!
(c) Housing Now!
(d) Housing Needs!
8. What was the name of O'Rourke's friend who learned to fly a stunt plane and decided to raise cattle?
9. At the town meeting which O'Rourke attended, the elderly retired people sat where?
(a) Scattered throughout the rows.
(b) They sit closest to the exit.
(c) In the front row.
(d) In the back row.
10. What is the "largest part" of the USS Mobile Bay, according to the author?
11. On what day did O'Rourke attend a housing rally?
(a) March 1.
(b) February 23.
(c) October 7.
(d) July 16.
12. O'Rourke says that because America is the richest nation on Earth, he is surprised to still what on the street?
13. In a disclaimer to the section, "Defense Policy: Cry 'Havoc!' and Let Slip the Hogs of Peace," O'Rourke says he now feels that what war may prove profitable?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) The Cold War.
(d) The Gulf War.
14. What is the USS Mobile Bay?
(a) A submarine.
(b) A missile platform.
(c) A tank.
(d) A helicoptor.
15. Who is the author of a book about the failure of poverty programs called "Losing Ground"?
(a) Charles Murray.
(b) Boyd Hobbs.
(c) Denise Adams.
(d) Yolanda Harrison.
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Rourke characterizes what group in Afghanistan as deceitful, violent and self-serving?
2. What is the common enemy that environmentalists have, according to the author?
3. During Operation Just Cause, O'Rourke was disgusted by the media's hysteria over what?
4. O'Rourke mocked college bohos at the housing rally who were dressed in what color?
5. Soldiers told about fighting in Panama in what magazine?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)