|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke considers what war to be a rare success for U.S. foreign policy?
(a) The war in Japan.
(b) The war in Korea.
(c) The war in Afghanistan.
(d) The war in Vietnam.
2. O'Rourke says the hysteria over drugs in the middle class could be the product of what?
(d) A corrupt prison system.
3. Hoping to see poverty first hand, O'Rourke took a trip where?
(a) The Bronx.
(c) Staten Island.
4. What drug does O'Rourke say made kids psychotic?
5. What drug does O'Rourke says makes a person think they can fly?
6. What Washington Square Press series does "The Negro in the City" belong to?
(a) "Difficulties in America."
(b) "Problems with America's Suburbs."
(c) "Problems of American Society."
(d) "The Difficulties of Living in America."
7. What name did O'Rourke give to the town where he lives?
8. What branch of the military uses the USS Mobile Bay?
9. What is the "largest part" of the USS Mobile Bay, according to the author?
10. O'Rourke says that because America is the richest nation on Earth, he is surprised to still what on the street?
11. What country did O'Rourke visit in the wake of Operation Just Cause?
12. O'Rourke visits Afghanistan to cover the expected fall of what city?
(b) Mazar-e Sharif.
13. O'Rourke mocked college bohos at the housing rally who were dressed in what color?
14. Who was George H. W. Bush's first Drug Czar?
(a) Barry McCaffrey.
(b) Lee P. Brown.
(c) John P. Walters.
(d) William Bennet.
15. How much was the bailout of the savings-and-loan industry?
(a) $10 billion.
(b) $500 million.
(c) $100 billion.
(d) $500 billion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many poor people in America live in homes with a heated pool or a Jacuzzi, according to George Gilder?
2. How does O'Rourke feel when he walks through a crowded, third-world bazaar in Afghanistan and sees the free market in action?
3. O'Rourke's friend's son got busted for selling what drug?
4. How many poor people does O'Rourke say ask him for money on his way to work every day?
5. O'Rourke believed his town spent too little on what?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)