|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author blames the savings and loan collapse on soaring interest rates caused by what administration?
2. O'Rourke considers what war to be a rare success for U.S. foreign policy?
(a) The war in Afghanistan.
(b) The war in Korea.
(c) The war in Vietnam.
(d) The war in Japan.
3. Who was the deputy chief of the DEA's Cocaine Desk when O'Rourke's book was written?
(a) Albert Collins.
(b) Mike Mullin.
(c) Mario Perez.
(d) Dick Weart.
4. What was the name of O'Rourke's friend who learned to fly a stunt plane and decided to raise cattle?
5. In what year did the government begin formulating agricultural policy?
6. O'Rourke's friend's son got busted for selling what drug?
7. O'Rourke mocked college bohos at the housing rally who were dressed in what color?
8. How many tenth graders were at the high school in O'Rourke's town?
9. In what state did O'Rourke live?
(a) New Hampshire.
(d) New York.
10. What does O'Rourke call the people who join special interest groups?
(a) Permanently Violent.
(b) Enduringly Inflamed.
(c) Perennially Indignant.
(d) Perpetually Vehement.
11. What branch of the military uses the USS Mobile Bay?
12. O'Rourke attended a housing rally that took place where?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) New York City.
(c) Los Angeles.
13. O'Rourke says that special interest sounds like something out of a cartoon by whom?
(a) John Chase.
(b) J. P. Trostle.
(c) Daryl Cagle.
(d) Thomas Nast.
14. O'Rourke concludes that, because government can stifle the free market, government is what?
(c) All powerful.
15. What percent of poor people in America own telephones, according to George Gilder?
(a) 80 percent.
(b) 50 percent.
(c) 70 percent.
(d) 60 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Michael Harrington book which says America had a hidden poverty?
2. How much was the bailout of the savings-and-loan industry?
3. What drug does O'Rourke says makes one acutely sensitive?
4. What does O'Rourke say is the ultimate special interest group?
5. O'Rourke is critical of the way that America hands over food, aid and arms to what country?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)