|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What branch of the military uses the USS Mobile Bay?
2. What name did O'Rourke give to the town where he lives?
3. Who said, "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die"?
(a) Dick Weart.
(b) Albert Collins.
(c) Mike Mullin.
(d) Mario Perez.
4. What year is the District of Columbia Housing Act from?
5. O'Rourke says using crack cocaine makes one feel like whom?
(a) Arnold Schwarzenegger.
(c) Bret Michaels.
(d) Bruce Willis.
6. O'Rourke argues against military cuts by talking about the happiness that every male feels when he has what in his hand?
(a) A paycheck.
(b) His wife's hand.
(c) A gun.
(d) His country's flag.
7. At the town meeting which O'Rourke attended, the elderly retired people sat where?
(a) In the front row.
(b) They sit closest to the exit.
(c) Scattered throughout the rows.
(d) In the back row.
8. Hoping to see poverty first hand, O'Rourke took a trip where?
(a) Staten Island.
(c) The Bronx.
9. What senator said "A lot more of whatever needs doing needs to be done--let's spend, spend, spend" in response to the war on drugs?
(a) Bernie Sanders.
(b) Carl Levin.
(c) Joe Biden.
(d) Byron Dorgan.
10. What is the name of the Michael Harrington book which says America had a hidden poverty?
(a) "The Other America."
(b) "The Other Side."
(c) "America on the Outs."
(d) "My America."
11. O'Rourke says the hysteria over drugs in the middle class could be the product of what?
(d) A corrupt prison system.
12. What does O'Rourke call the people who join special interest groups?
(a) Enduringly Inflamed.
(b) Permanently Violent.
(c) Perennially Indignant.
(d) Perpetually Vehement.
13. What was the school drop-out rate in O'Rourke's town?
(a) 36 percent.
(b) 11 percent.
(c) 23 percent.
(d) 42 percent.
14. O'Rourke argues that pollution is a byproduct of what?
15. At the town meeting which O'Rourke attended, the town natives sat where?
(a) Scattered throughout the rows.
(b) The front row.
(c) The two middle rows.
(d) The back row.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state did O'Rourke live?
2. During Operation Just Cause, O'Rourke was disgusted by the media's hysteria over what?
3. O'Rourke is critical of the way that America hands over food, aid and arms to what country?
4. The annual spending per student in O'Rourke's town is over how much?
5. How did O'Rourke feel about the USS Mobile Bay?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)