|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What branch of the military uses the USS Mobile Bay?
2. O'Rourke says the hysteria over drugs in the middle class could be the product of what?
(a) A corrupt prison system.
3. O'Rourke's friend's son got busted for selling what drug?
4. A woman at the housing rally who said she was homeless had how many kids?
5. O'Rourke visited a filthy, smelly, government-subsidized apartment complex in what city?
6. O'Rourke characterizes what group in Afghanistan as deceitful, violent and self-serving?
(b) The Afghan National Army.
(c) The Mujahedeen.
(d) The Taliban.
7. What is the name of the psychiatric professor that O'Rourke talked to about the crack cocaine problem?
(a) John Haggerty.
(b) Sue Warren.
(c) Robin Reeder.
(d) Marc Galanter.
8. O'Rourke argues against military cuts by talking about the happiness that every male feels when he has what in his hand?
(a) His country's flag.
(b) His wife's hand.
(c) A gun.
(d) A paycheck.
9. O'Rourke attended a housing rally that took place where?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) New York City.
(c) Los Angeles.
10. Who was George H. W. Bush's first Drug Czar?
(a) William Bennet.
(b) John P. Walters.
(c) Barry McCaffrey.
(d) Lee P. Brown.
11. O'Rourke believed his town spent too much on what?
(a) Law enforcement.
(b) Renovating old buildings.
(c) Road improvements.
(d) The fire department.
12. Who wrote the pamphlet called "'The Poor among Us--Challenge and Opportunity"?
(a) Maxwell Stewart.
(b) Stewart Matthews.
(c) Stuart Marx.
(d) Max Stephens.
13. On what day did O'Rourke attend a housing rally?
(a) February 23.
(b) July 16.
(c) March 1.
(d) October 7.
14. What was the school drop-out rate in O'Rourke's town?
(a) 11 percent.
(b) 42 percent.
(c) 36 percent.
(d) 23 percent.
15. What is the name of the alliance that O'Rourke traveled into poverty stricken areas with?
(b) Times Square.
(c) Phoenix House.
(d) Guardian Angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Every year, O'Rourke attended a meeting of his hometown where people crowd into where?
2. O'Rourke is critical of the way that America hands over food, aid and arms to what country?
3. What drug does O'Rourke say made kids psychotic?
4. What does O'Rourke call the people who join special interest groups?
5. What is the USS Mobile Bay?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)