|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the acting director of Public Affairs at Customs when O'Rourke's book was written?
(a) Mike Mullin.
(b) Albert Collins.
(c) Mario Perez.
(d) Dick Weart.
2. The annual spending per student in O'Rourke's town is over how much?
3. O'Rourke says that because America is the richest nation on Earth, he is surprised to still what on the street?
4. What is the name of the hurricane that O'Rourke's wife asked him about?
5. O'Rourke visits Afghanistan to cover the expected fall of what city?
(c) Mazar-e Sharif.
6. Who wrote the pamphlet called "'The Poor among Us--Challenge and Opportunity"?
(a) Maxwell Stewart.
(b) Stewart Matthews.
(c) Max Stephens.
(d) Stuart Marx.
7. A woman at the housing rally who said she was homeless had how many kids?
8. What is the name of the alliance that O'Rourke traveled into poverty stricken areas with?
(a) Times Square.
(b) Phoenix House.
(d) Guardian Angels.
9. What year is the District of Columbia Housing Act from?
10. At the town meeting which O'Rourke attended, the elderly retired people sat where?
(a) In the back row.
(b) They sit closest to the exit.
(c) In the front row.
(d) Scattered throughout the rows.
11. During Operation Just Cause, O'Rourke was disgusted by the media's hysteria over what?
(a) The use of weapons in a war.
(b) Racial slurs said by soldiers.
(c) Collateral damage.
(d) Illnesses being brought back to the U.S.
12. O'Rourke visited a government-owned complex with windows made of what?
(c) Bullet-proof glass.
(d) Thin plastic.
13. The author blames the savings and loan collapse on soaring interest rates caused by what administration?
14. What was the school drop-out rate in O'Rourke's town?
(a) 23 percent.
(b) 11 percent.
(c) 36 percent.
(d) 42 percent.
15. O'Rourke says the middle class has no reason to be concerned about what drug?
(b) Crystal meth.
(c) Crack cocaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Rourke says it is best to simply stay away from what Afghani tribesman?
2. Who was the deputy chief of the DEA's Cocaine Desk when O'Rourke's book was written?
3. O'Rourke accuses ecological activists of ignoring what?
4. O'Rourke concludes that, in a democracy, the whores are whom?
5. O'Rourke concludes that, because government can stifle the free market, government is what?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)