|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke believed his town spent too little on what?
(a) Renovating old buildings.
(b) The fire department.
(c) Road improvements.
(d) Law enforcement.
2. The annual spending per student in O'Rourke's town is over how much?
3. O'Rourke concludes that, in a democracy, the whores are whom?
(a) The citizens.
(b) Big businesses.
(c) Special interest groups.
(d) The politicians.
4. O'Rourke is critical of the way that America hands over food, aid and arms to what country?
5. O'Rourke mocked college bohos at the housing rally who were dressed in what color?
6. What is the name of the psychiatric professor that O'Rourke talked to about the crack cocaine problem?
(a) Sue Warren.
(b) Robin Reeder.
(c) Marc Galanter.
(d) John Haggerty.
7. O'Rourke claims that Social Security serves only to pad the bank accounts of whom?
(a) The wealthiest Americans.
(d) Senior citizens.
8. What year is the District of Columbia Housing Act from?
9. Who was the acting director of Public Affairs at Customs when O'Rourke's book was written?
(a) Dick Weart.
(b) Mario Perez.
(c) Albert Collins.
(d) Mike Mullin.
10. How many ninth graders were at the high school in O'Rourke's town?
11. During Operation Just Cause, O'Rourke was disgusted by the media's hysteria over what?
(a) Racial slurs said by soldiers.
(b) Collateral damage.
(c) Illnesses being brought back to the U.S.
(d) The use of weapons in a war.
12. What does O'Rourke say is the ultimate special interest group?
(a) Sierra Club.
(b) Social Security.
(c) National Rifle Association.
(d) Energy Lobby.
13. What name did O'Rourke give to the town where he lives?
14. O'Rourke characterizes what group in Afghanistan as deceitful, violent and self-serving?
(a) The Taliban.
(b) The Mujahedeen.
(d) The Afghan National Army.
15. What country did O'Rourke visit in the wake of Operation Just Cause?
Short Answer Questions
1. In a disclaimer to the section, "Defense Policy: Cry 'Havoc!' and Let Slip the Hogs of Peace," O'Rourke says he now feels that what war may prove profitable?
2. O'Rourke's wife asked him about a hurricane that hit what state?
3. What drug does O'Rourke say made kids psychotic?
4. In what state did O'Rourke live?
5. What percent of poor people in America own telephones, according to George Gilder?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)