|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ninth graders were at the high school in O'Rourke's town?
2. What does O'Rourke say is the ultimate special interest group?
(a) Energy Lobby.
(b) Social Security.
(c) Sierra Club.
(d) National Rifle Association.
3. O'Rourke says that special interest sounds like something out of a cartoon by whom?
(a) Thomas Nast.
(b) John Chase.
(c) Daryl Cagle.
(d) J. P. Trostle.
4. Who said, "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die"?
(a) Mario Perez.
(b) Albert Collins.
(c) Dick Weart.
(d) Mike Mullin.
5. What is the USS Mobile Bay?
(a) A tank.
(b) A helicoptor.
(c) A missile platform.
(d) A submarine.
6. Who was the deputy chief of the DEA's Cocaine Desk when O'Rourke's book was written?
(a) Mike Mullin.
(b) Mario Perez.
(c) Dick Weart.
(d) Albert Collins.
7. In what year did the government begin formulating agricultural policy?
8. O'Rourke claims that Social Security serves only to pad the bank accounts of whom?
(b) The wealthiest Americans.
(c) Senior citizens.
9. How many tenth graders were at the high school in O'Rourke's town?
10. O'Rourke recalls spending an evening in what police department?
(a) The New York police department.
(b) The Atlanta police department.
(c) The Los Angeles police department.
(d) The Washington, DC police department.
11. O'Rourke argues against military cuts by talking about the happiness that every male feels when he has what in his hand?
(a) A paycheck.
(b) A gun.
(c) His wife's hand.
(d) His country's flag.
12. The author blames the savings and loan collapse on soaring interest rates caused by what administration?
13. Every year, O'Rourke attended a meeting of his hometown where people crowd into where?
(a) A high-school gym.
(b) A church.
(c) The council chambers.
(d) A community center meeting hall.
14. What TV network said the housing rally had 40,000 to 250,000 people present?
15. How many poor people does O'Rourke say ask him for money on his way to work every day?
(a) 6.8 million.
(b) 2.3 million.
(c) 1.9 million.
(d) 3.4 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Rourke attended a housing rally that took place where?
2. What is the "largest part" of the USS Mobile Bay, according to the author?
3. O'Rourke concludes that, because government can stifle the free market, government is what?
4. What is the name of the Michael Harrington book which says America had a hidden poverty?
5. Who was George H. W. Bush's first Drug Czar?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)