|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke says it is best to simply stay away from what Afghani tribesman?
2. In what year did the government begin formulating agricultural policy?
3. What is the name of the Colonel who O'Rourke met while he was observing Operation Just Cause?
(a) Drew Dotson.
(b) Jon Elrod.
(c) Mike Snell.
(d) Alex Wulpi.
4. What is the name of the hurricane that O'Rourke's wife asked him about?
5. O'Rourke concludes that, in a democracy, the whores are whom?
(a) The politicians.
(b) Special interest groups.
(c) Big businesses.
(d) The citizens.
6. What is the name of the psychiatric professor that O'Rourke talked to about the crack cocaine problem?
(a) John Haggerty.
(b) Sue Warren.
(c) Robin Reeder.
(d) Marc Galanter.
7. O'Rourke attended a housing rally that took place where?
(a) New York City.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Washington, DC.
8. What kind of life does O'Rourke say Americans lead?
(a) A sad life.
(b) A complex life.
(c) A spoiled life.
(d) A whiffle life.
9. The author blames the savings and loan collapse on soaring interest rates caused by what administration?
10. How many tenth graders were at the high school in O'Rourke's town?
11. O'Rourke's wife asked him about a hurricane that hit what state?
(d) South Carolina.
12. O'Rourke considers what war to be a rare success for U.S. foreign policy?
(a) The war in Vietnam.
(b) The war in Afghanistan.
(c) The war in Japan.
(d) The war in Korea.
13. How many ninth graders were at the high school in O'Rourke's town?
14. O'Rourke mocked college bohos at the housing rally who were dressed in what color?
15. What was O'Rourke's family's socioeconomic status when he was a child?
(a) O'Rourke grew up in poverty and lived in government housing.
(b) O'Rourke grew up in a poor family.
(c) O'Rourke grew up in a very wealthy family.
(d) O'Rourke grew up in a middle-class family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said, "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die"?
2. What senator said "A lot more of whatever needs doing needs to be done--let's spend, spend, spend" in response to the war on drugs?
3. During Operation Just Cause, O'Rourke was disgusted by the media's hysteria over what?
4. What branch of the military uses the USS Mobile Bay?
5. O'Rourke visited a filthy, smelly, government-subsidized apartment complex in what city?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)