|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke recalls spending an evening in what police department?
(a) The New York police department.
(b) The Atlanta police department.
(c) The Washington, DC police department.
(d) The Los Angeles police department.
2. Who was the acting director of Public Affairs at Customs when O'Rourke's book was written?
(a) Albert Collins.
(b) Mike Mullin.
(c) Mario Perez.
(d) Dick Weart.
3. What is the name of the alliance that O'Rourke traveled into poverty stricken areas with?
(a) Times Square.
(c) Guardian Angels.
(d) Phoenix House.
4. What is the name of the psychiatric professor that O'Rourke talked to about the crack cocaine problem?
(a) John Haggerty.
(b) Robin Reeder.
(c) Marc Galanter.
(d) Sue Warren.
5. O'Rourke characterizes what group in Afghanistan as deceitful, violent and self-serving?
(a) The Taliban.
(c) The Afghan National Army.
(d) The Mujahedeen.
6. O'Rourke visited a filthy, smelly, government-subsidized apartment complex in what city?
7. Townsfolk from O'Rourke's town decided that any new sewer system costing more than how much had to be approved by a special town meeting?
8. What is the name of the Colonel who O'Rourke met while he was observing Operation Just Cause?
(a) Jon Elrod.
(b) Drew Dotson.
(c) Alex Wulpi.
(d) Mike Snell.
9. O'Rourke visited a government-owned complex with windows made of what?
(b) Bullet-proof glass.
(d) Thin plastic.
10. What name did O'Rourke give to the town where he lives?
11. Who was the deputy chief of the DEA's Cocaine Desk when O'Rourke's book was written?
(a) Dick Weart.
(b) Albert Collins.
(c) Mario Perez.
(d) Mike Mullin.
12. What tax did the natives of O'Rourke's town fear that the retirees would inflate?
(a) Hotel tax.
(b) Food tax.
(c) Property tax.
(d) Sales tax.
13. How many poor people in America live in homes with a heated pool or a Jacuzzi, according to George Gilder?
14. O'Rourke says that because America is the richest nation on Earth, he is surprised to still what on the street?
15. People from O'Rourke's town attempted to block the completion of what?
(a) A liquor store.
(b) A local golf course.
(c) A movie theater.
(d) An apartment complex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Rourke call the people who join special interest groups?
2. O'Rourke's wife asked him about a hurricane that hit what state?
3. What was the school drop-out rate in O'Rourke's town?
4. O'Rourke concludes that, in a democracy, the whores are whom?
5. What senator said "A lot more of whatever needs doing needs to be done--let's spend, spend, spend" in response to the war on drugs?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)