|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke believed his town spent too much on what?
(a) Renovating old buildings.
(b) Road improvements.
(c) Law enforcement.
(d) The fire department.
2. O'Rourke says a cheap alternative to fix the failing school system could involve sending the children to what kind of school?
3. O'Rourke visited a filthy, smelly, government-subsidized apartment complex in what city?
4. Who said, "What we want from the taxpayers is continual cooperation!" in regard to America's drug problem?
(a) Albert Collins.
(b) Mike Mullin.
(c) Mario Perez.
(d) Dick Weart.
5. What country did O'Rourke visit in the wake of Operation Just Cause?
6. What drug does O'Rourke says makes one acutely sensitive?
7. How many poor people does O'Rourke say ask him for money on his way to work every day?
(a) 3.4 million.
(b) 1.9 million.
(c) 6.8 million.
(d) 2.3 million.
8. At the town meeting which O'Rourke attended, the elderly retired people sat where?
(a) In the back row.
(b) Scattered throughout the rows.
(c) In the front row.
(d) They sit closest to the exit.
9. O'Rourke is critical of the way that America hands over food, aid and arms to what country?
10. What year is the District of Columbia Housing Act from?
11. On what day did O'Rourke attend a housing rally?
(a) February 23.
(b) July 16.
(c) March 1.
(d) October 7.
12. What was the name of O'Rourke's friend who learned to fly a stunt plane and decided to raise cattle?
13. Who was the deputy chief of the DEA's Cocaine Desk when O'Rourke's book was written?
(a) Mike Mullin.
(b) Mario Perez.
(c) Dick Weart.
(d) Albert Collins.
14. The annual spending per student in O'Rourke's town is over how much?
15. What percent of poor people in America own telephones, according to George Gilder?
(a) 60 percent.
(b) 50 percent.
(c) 70 percent.
(d) 80 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Rourke attended a housing rally that took place where?
2. What drug does O'Rourke say made kids psychotic?
3. O'Rourke mocked college bohos at the housing rally who were dressed in what color?
4. What is the USS Mobile Bay?
5. What Washington Square Press series does "The Negro in the City" belong to?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)