|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke concludes that, in a democracy, the whores are whom?
(a) Big businesses.
(b) The citizens.
(c) Special interest groups.
(d) The politicians.
2. What was the deadline for the last Soviet troops to be withdrawn from Afghanistan?
(a) December 27, 1988.
(b) February 15, 1989.
(c) January, 2 1989.
(d) March 12, 1989.
3. What drug does O'Rourke say made kids psychotic?
4. How did O'Rourke feel about the USS Mobile Bay?
(a) He thought it was a great investment by the government.
(b) He saw it as a terrible move for foreign policy.
(c) He thought it was a waste of government money.
(d) He was unimpressed.
5. O'Rourke recalls spending an evening in what police department?
(a) The Atlanta police department.
(b) The Los Angeles police department.
(c) The Washington, DC police department.
(d) The New York police department.
6. O'Rourke attended a housing rally for what group?
(a) Housing Needs!
(b) Housing for All!
(c) Housing Now!
(d) We Want Housing!
7. O'Rourke argues that pollution is a byproduct of what?
8. What was O'Rourke's family's socioeconomic status when he was a child?
(a) O'Rourke grew up in a very wealthy family.
(b) O'Rourke grew up in a poor family.
(c) O'Rourke grew up in poverty and lived in government housing.
(d) O'Rourke grew up in a middle-class family.
9. What TV network said the housing rally had 40,000 to 250,000 people present?
10. What Washington Square Press series does "The Negro in the City" belong to?
(a) "Problems with America's Suburbs."
(b) "Problems of American Society."
(c) "The Difficulties of Living in America."
(d) "Difficulties in America."
11. O'Rourke considers what war to be a rare success for U.S. foreign policy?
(a) The war in Korea.
(b) The war in Vietnam.
(c) The war in Afghanistan.
(d) The war in Japan.
12. In what year did the government begin formulating agricultural policy?
13. O'Rourke mocked college bohos at the housing rally who were dressed in what color?
14. What is the name of the psychiatric professor that O'Rourke talked to about the crack cocaine problem?
(a) Robin Reeder.
(b) John Haggerty.
(c) Marc Galanter.
(d) Sue Warren.
15. O'Rourke says using crack cocaine makes one feel like whom?
(a) Bruce Willis.
(c) Arnold Schwarzenegger.
(d) Bret Michaels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug does O'Rourke says makes a person think they can fly?
2. What is the name of the alliance that O'Rourke traveled into poverty stricken areas with?
3. What is the USS Mobile Bay?
4. On what day did O'Rourke attend a housing rally?
5. O'Rourke concludes that, because government can stifle the free market, government is what?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)