|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke argues against military cuts by talking about the happiness that every male feels when he has what in his hand?
(a) A paycheck.
(b) His wife's hand.
(c) His country's flag.
(d) A gun.
2. O'Rourke believed his town spent too little on what?
(a) Renovating old buildings.
(b) Road improvements.
(c) The fire department.
(d) Law enforcement.
3. What TV network said the housing rally had 40,000 to 250,000 people present?
4. O'Rourke claims that Social Security serves only to pad the bank accounts of whom?
(b) Senior citizens.
(d) The wealthiest Americans.
5. O'Rourke visited a government-owned complex with windows made of what?
(a) Thin plastic.
(b) Bullet-proof glass.
6. What Washington Square Press series does "The Negro in the City" belong to?
(a) "Difficulties in America."
(b) "Problems with America's Suburbs."
(c) "Problems of American Society."
(d) "The Difficulties of Living in America."
7. O'Rourke says that because America is the richest nation on Earth, he is surprised to still what on the street?
8. O'Rourke mocked college bohos at the housing rally who were dressed in what color?
9. What tax did the natives of O'Rourke's town fear that the retirees would inflate?
(a) Property tax.
(b) Hotel tax.
(c) Food tax.
(d) Sales tax.
10. O'Rourke is critical of the way that America hands over food, aid and arms to what country?
11. What was O'Rourke's family's socioeconomic status when he was a child?
(a) O'Rourke grew up in poverty and lived in government housing.
(b) O'Rourke grew up in a middle-class family.
(c) O'Rourke grew up in a poor family.
(d) O'Rourke grew up in a very wealthy family.
12. People from O'Rourke's town attempted to block the completion of what?
(a) A local golf course.
(b) An apartment complex.
(c) A liquor store.
(d) A movie theater.
13. How many tenth graders were at the high school in O'Rourke's town?
14. What is the name of the psychiatric professor that O'Rourke talked to about the crack cocaine problem?
(a) Sue Warren.
(b) John Haggerty.
(c) Robin Reeder.
(d) Marc Galanter.
15. O'Rourke says the middle class has no reason to be concerned about what drug?
(b) Crack cocaine.
(c) Crystal meth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the pamphlet called "'The Poor among Us--Challenge and Opportunity"?
2. On what day did O'Rourke attend a housing rally?
3. How did O'Rourke feel about the USS Mobile Bay?
4. What is the "largest part" of the USS Mobile Bay, according to the author?
5. Why do retirees move to the state where O'Rourke lives?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)