|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percent of poor people in America own telephones, according to George Gilder?
(a) 70 percent.
(b) 60 percent.
(c) 80 percent.
(d) 50 percent.
2. Who wrote the pamphlet called "'The Poor among Us--Challenge and Opportunity"?
(a) Stewart Matthews.
(b) Maxwell Stewart.
(c) Max Stephens.
(d) Stuart Marx.
3. O'Rourke says the hysteria over drugs in the middle class could be the product of what?
(c) A corrupt prison system.
4. O'Rourke says using crack cocaine makes one feel like whom?
(a) Bruce Willis.
(c) Arnold Schwarzenegger.
(d) Bret Michaels.
5. What TV network said the housing rally had 40,000 to 250,000 people present?
6. What branch of the military uses the USS Mobile Bay?
7. What does O'Rourke say is the ultimate special interest group?
(a) Sierra Club.
(b) National Rifle Association.
(c) Energy Lobby.
(d) Social Security.
8. Every year, O'Rourke attended a meeting of his hometown where people crowd into where?
(a) A church.
(b) A high-school gym.
(c) A community center meeting hall.
(d) The council chambers.
9. Why do retirees move to the state where O'Rourke lives?
(a) For its golf courses.
(b) For its tax policy.
(c) For its beaches.
(d) For its amusement parks.
10. What is the official office of the Drug Czar?
(a) Association of National Drug Reduction Policy.
(b) Association of American Drug Reduction Policy.
(c) Office of National Drug Control Policy.
(d) Office of American Drug Control Policy.
11. How did O'Rourke feel about the USS Mobile Bay?
(a) He thought it was a great investment by the government.
(b) He saw it as a terrible move for foreign policy.
(c) He was unimpressed.
(d) He thought it was a waste of government money.
12. O'Rourke says the middle class has no reason to be concerned about what drug?
(a) Crystal meth.
(c) Crack cocaine.
13. O'Rourke argues that modern, poor Americans earn greater income than the middle-class Americans of what year?
14. In "Defense Policy: Cry 'Havoc!' and "Let Slip the Hogs of Peace," O'Rourke worried that what country still posed a threat and might be waiting for America to fall beneath the weight of its own dissent?
15. O'Rourke is critical of the way that America hands over food, aid and arms to what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does O'Rourke feel when he walks through a crowded, third-world bazaar in Afghanistan and sees the free market in action?
2. O'Rourke characterizes what group in Afghanistan as deceitful, violent and self-serving?
3. A woman at the housing rally who said she was homeless had how many kids?
4. The author blames the savings and loan collapse on soaring interest rates caused by what administration?
5. O'Rourke's friend's son got busted for selling what drug?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)