|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the town meeting which O'Rourke attended, the town natives sat where?
(a) The back row.
(b) Scattered throughout the rows.
(c) The two middle rows.
(d) The front row.
2. The annual spending per student in O'Rourke's town is over how much?
3. People from O'Rourke's town attempted to block the completion of what?
(a) A local golf course.
(b) A movie theater.
(c) An apartment complex.
(d) A liquor store.
4. O'Rourke says that because America is the richest nation on Earth, he is surprised to still what on the street?
5. O'Rourke characterizes what group in Afghanistan as deceitful, violent and self-serving?
(b) The Taliban.
(c) The Afghan National Army.
(d) The Mujahedeen.
6. O'Rourke says it is best to simply stay away from what Afghani tribesman?
7. In a disclaimer to the section, "Defense Policy: Cry 'Havoc!' and Let Slip the Hogs of Peace," O'Rourke says he now feels that what war may prove profitable?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) The Gulf War.
(d) The Cold War.
8. The author blames the savings and loan collapse on soaring interest rates caused by what administration?
9. What drug does O'Rourke say made kids psychotic?
10. What kind of life does O'Rourke say Americans lead?
(a) A spoiled life.
(b) A sad life.
(c) A complex life.
(d) A whiffle life.
11. What TV network said the housing rally had 40,000 to 250,000 people present?
12. What senator said "A lot more of whatever needs doing needs to be done--let's spend, spend, spend" in response to the war on drugs?
(a) Carl Levin.
(b) Bernie Sanders.
(c) Joe Biden.
(d) Byron Dorgan.
13. On what day did O'Rourke attend a housing rally?
(a) July 16.
(b) October 7.
(c) February 23.
(d) March 1.
14. What was the deadline for the last Soviet troops to be withdrawn from Afghanistan?
(a) January, 2 1989.
(b) February 15, 1989.
(c) December 27, 1988.
(d) March 12, 1989.
15. How many poor people does O'Rourke say live in the U.S.?
(a) 24.2 million.
(b) 12.4 million.
(c) 45 million.
(d) 32.5 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hoping to see poverty first hand, O'Rourke took a trip where?
2. O'Rourke says using crack cocaine makes one feel like whom?
3. O'Rourke argues that pollution is a byproduct of what?
4. Why do retirees move to the state where O'Rourke lives?
5. What is the name of the Michael Harrington book which says America had a hidden poverty?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)