|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does O'Rourke feel when he walks through a crowded, third-world bazaar in Afghanistan and sees the free market in action?
2. O'Rourke argues against military cuts by talking about the happiness that every male feels when he has what in his hand?
(a) His country's flag.
(b) His wife's hand.
(c) A paycheck.
(d) A gun.
3. What drug does O'Rourke say made kids psychotic?
4. O'Rourke says the hysteria over drugs in the middle class could be the product of what?
(b) A corrupt prison system.
5. O'Rourke argues that pollution is a byproduct of what?
6. What is the USS Mobile Bay?
(a) A missile platform.
(b) A submarine.
(c) A tank.
(d) A helicoptor.
7. Why do retirees move to the state where O'Rourke lives?
(a) For its amusement parks.
(b) For its tax policy.
(c) For its beaches.
(d) For its golf courses.
8. What was the school drop-out rate in O'Rourke's town?
(a) 11 percent.
(b) 36 percent.
(c) 42 percent.
(d) 23 percent.
9. What senator said "A lot more of whatever needs doing needs to be done--let's spend, spend, spend" in response to the war on drugs?
(a) Joe Biden.
(b) Carl Levin.
(c) Byron Dorgan.
(d) Bernie Sanders.
10. What is the name of the hurricane that O'Rourke's wife asked him about?
11. How many ninth graders were at the high school in O'Rourke's town?
12. O'Rourke believed his town spent too little on what?
(a) Renovating old buildings.
(b) Law enforcement.
(c) The fire department.
(d) Road improvements.
13. At the town meeting which O'Rourke attended, the elderly retired people sat where?
(a) Scattered throughout the rows.
(b) In the front row.
(c) In the back row.
(d) They sit closest to the exit.
14. What was the name of O'Rourke's friend who learned to fly a stunt plane and decided to raise cattle?
15. What does O'Rourke call the people who join special interest groups?
(a) Enduringly Inflamed.
(b) Perennially Indignant.
(c) Permanently Violent.
(d) Perpetually Vehement.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the bailout of the savings-and-loan industry?
2. O'Rourke says a cheap alternative to fix the failing school system could involve sending the children to what kind of school?
3. O'Rourke considers what war to be a rare success for U.S. foreign policy?
4. During Operation Just Cause, O'Rourke was disgusted by the media's hysteria over what?
5. How did O'Rourke feel about the USS Mobile Bay?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)