|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke says that because America is the richest nation on Earth, he is surprised to still what on the street?
2. Who was the acting director of Public Affairs at Customs when O'Rourke's book was written?
(a) Mike Mullin.
(b) Mario Perez.
(c) Albert Collins.
(d) Dick Weart.
3. What name did O'Rourke give to the town where he lives?
4. Who said, "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die"?
(a) Albert Collins.
(b) Dick Weart.
(c) Mario Perez.
(d) Mike Mullin.
5. What is the name of the Michael Harrington book which says America had a hidden poverty?
(a) "My America."
(b) "America on the Outs."
(c) "The Other America."
(d) "The Other Side."
6. O'Rourke concludes that, because government can stifle the free market, government is what?
(a) All powerful.
7. What branch of the military uses the USS Mobile Bay?
8. In what year did the government begin formulating agricultural policy?
9. Who is the author of a book about the failure of poverty programs called "Losing Ground"?
(a) Yolanda Harrison.
(b) Boyd Hobbs.
(c) Denise Adams.
(d) Charles Murray.
10. How many tenth graders were at the high school in O'Rourke's town?
11. What is the name of the Colonel who O'Rourke met while he was observing Operation Just Cause?
(a) Alex Wulpi.
(b) Mike Snell.
(c) Jon Elrod.
(d) Drew Dotson.
12. O'Rourke says using crack cocaine makes one feel like whom?
(a) Arnold Schwarzenegger.
(c) Bret Michaels.
(d) Bruce Willis.
13. During Operation Just Cause, O'Rourke was disgusted by the media's hysteria over what?
(a) Illnesses being brought back to the U.S.
(b) Racial slurs said by soldiers.
(c) Collateral damage.
(d) The use of weapons in a war.
14. What percent of poor people in America own telephones, according to George Gilder?
(a) 80 percent.
(b) 60 percent.
(c) 70 percent.
(d) 50 percent.
15. O'Rourke argues that modern, poor Americans earn greater income than the middle-class Americans of what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug does O'Rourke says makes a person think they can fly?
2. A woman at the housing rally who said she was homeless had how many kids?
3. O'Rourke attended a housing rally that took place where?
4. On what day did O'Rourke attend a housing rally?
5. At the town meeting which O'Rourke attended, the town natives sat where?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)