|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Defense Policy: Cry 'Havoc!' and "Let Slip the Hogs of Peace," O'Rourke worried that what country still posed a threat and might be waiting for America to fall beneath the weight of its own dissent?
2. How many poor people does O'Rourke say live in the U.S.?
(a) 12.4 million.
(b) 24.2 million.
(c) 45 million.
(d) 32.5 million.
3. O'Rourke's wife asked him about a hurricane that hit what state?
(a) South Carolina.
4. Every year, O'Rourke attended a meeting of his hometown where people crowd into where?
(a) A community center meeting hall.
(b) The council chambers.
(c) A church.
(d) A high-school gym.
5. A woman at the housing rally who said she was homeless had how many kids?
6. How much was the bailout of the savings-and-loan industry?
(a) $100 billion.
(b) $500 billion.
(c) $10 billion.
(d) $500 million.
7. How many poor people in America live in homes with a heated pool or a Jacuzzi, according to George Gilder?
8. O'Rourke attended a housing rally for what group?
(a) Housing Needs!
(b) We Want Housing!
(c) Housing Now!
(d) Housing for All!
9. O'Rourke recalls spending an evening in what police department?
(a) The Atlanta police department.
(b) The Washington, DC police department.
(c) The Los Angeles police department.
(d) The New York police department.
10. O'Rourke says the middle class has no reason to be concerned about what drug?
(a) Crack cocaine.
(c) Crystal meth.
11. O'Rourke mocked college bohos at the housing rally who were dressed in what color?
12. How many poor people does O'Rourke say ask him for money on his way to work every day?
(a) 2.3 million.
(b) 6.8 million.
(c) 3.4 million.
(d) 1.9 million.
13. The annual spending per student in O'Rourke's town is over how much?
14. What is the name of the psychiatric professor that O'Rourke talked to about the crack cocaine problem?
(a) Robin Reeder.
(b) John Haggerty.
(c) Marc Galanter.
(d) Sue Warren.
15. What senator said "A lot more of whatever needs doing needs to be done--let's spend, spend, spend" in response to the war on drugs?
(a) Joe Biden.
(b) Byron Dorgan.
(c) Carl Levin.
(d) Bernie Sanders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percent of poor people in America own their own homes, according to George Gilder?
2. O'Rourke says a cheap alternative to fix the failing school system could involve sending the children to what kind of school?
3. O'Rourke says that special interest sounds like something out of a cartoon by whom?
4. Who was the deputy chief of the DEA's Cocaine Desk when O'Rourke's book was written?
5. Why do retirees move to the state where O'Rourke lives?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)