|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke accuses ecological activists of ignoring what?
(a) Real environmental problems.
(d) The government.
2. What is the "largest part" of the USS Mobile Bay, according to the author?
3. What is the name of the psychiatric professor that O'Rourke talked to about the crack cocaine problem?
(a) John Haggerty.
(b) Robin Reeder.
(c) Marc Galanter.
(d) Sue Warren.
4. What was O'Rourke's family's socioeconomic status when he was a child?
(a) O'Rourke grew up in a very wealthy family.
(b) O'Rourke grew up in a poor family.
(c) O'Rourke grew up in a middle-class family.
(d) O'Rourke grew up in poverty and lived in government housing.
5. What drug does O'Rourke says makes one acutely sensitive?
6. Hoping to see poverty first hand, O'Rourke took a trip where?
(a) The Bronx.
(d) Staten Island.
7. How many poor people does O'Rourke say live in the U.S.?
(a) 32.5 million.
(b) 45 million.
(c) 12.4 million.
(d) 24.2 million.
8. What was the name of O'Rourke's friend who learned to fly a stunt plane and decided to raise cattle?
9. What is the name of the alliance that O'Rourke traveled into poverty stricken areas with?
(b) Guardian Angels.
(c) Times Square.
(d) Phoenix House.
10. People from O'Rourke's town attempted to block the completion of what?
(a) A movie theater.
(b) A liquor store.
(c) A local golf course.
(d) An apartment complex.
11. O'Rourke considers what war to be a rare success for U.S. foreign policy?
(a) The war in Japan.
(b) The war in Vietnam.
(c) The war in Korea.
(d) The war in Afghanistan.
12. How did O'Rourke feel about the USS Mobile Bay?
(a) He thought it was a great investment by the government.
(b) He saw it as a terrible move for foreign policy.
(c) He thought it was a waste of government money.
(d) He was unimpressed.
13. What does O'Rourke say is the ultimate special interest group?
(a) National Rifle Association.
(b) Sierra Club.
(c) Energy Lobby.
(d) Social Security.
14. Who said, "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die"?
(a) Mario Perez.
(b) Dick Weart.
(c) Mike Mullin.
(d) Albert Collins.
15. O'Rourke claims that Social Security serves only to pad the bank accounts of whom?
(c) The wealthiest Americans.
(d) Senior citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Soldiers told about fighting in Panama in what magazine?
2. How does O'Rourke feel when he walks through a crowded, third-world bazaar in Afghanistan and sees the free market in action?
3. In what year did the government begin formulating agricultural policy?
4. O'Rourke says using crack cocaine makes one feel like whom?
5. What is the name of the Colonel who O'Rourke met while he was observing Operation Just Cause?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)