|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did a flag desecration case take place?
2. What year was it when O'Rourke attended the Democratic and Republican political conventions?
3. What was Dukakis' wife named?
4. What king did O'Rourke compare the U.S. government to?
(a) George III.
(b) Henry V.
5. What is the name of the agency that dealt with an outbreak of "runaway car syndrome"?
(a) National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
(b) Federal Highway Traffic Safety Agency.
(c) Federal Interstate Traffic Safety Agency.
(d) National Interstate Traffic Safety Administration.
6. Who referred to lukewarm political relationships as "kiss on the lips but no tongue"?
(a) Matthew Reed.
(b) Stephen Kerr.
(c) Fred Barnes.
(d) Adam Neal.
7. What does O'Rourke say is the term for an interview where "you didn't come here and I didn't say this"?
(a) "Nameless and faceless."
(b) "Off the record."
(d) "On background."
8. O'Rourke began the sub-section "Attack of the Midget Vote-suckers" by comparing conventions to what?
(a) High school reunions.
(b) Cheerleading competitions.
9. How many letters from citizens does O'Rourke imagine that congressmen receive each year?
(a) Tens of thousands.
(b) Hundreds of thousands.
(c) More than one million.
(d) A few thousand.
10. What is the name of the group of journalists who ask questions and take photos at the White House?
(a) White House Press Group.
(b) White House Press Association.
(c) White House Press Club.
(d) White House Press Corps.
11. At what time of day was George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget finally "hammered out"?
(a) 6:58 a.m.
(b) 3:47 p.m.
(c) 5:07 a.m.
(d) 10:15 p.m.
12. What are the speeches called that O'Rourke heard when he visited the House of Representatives?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) One minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) Three minutes.
13. Who told the Atlanta convention that the Democratic party "needs both its left wing and its right wing to fly"?
(a) Jesse Jackson.
(b) George H. W. Bush.
(c) Bill Clinton.
(d) Michael Dukakis.
14. How often does the press secretary at the White House field questions from the media?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Twice a day.
(d) Every other day.
15. What ball did O'Rourke peek in on where he saw boogying and people playing the electric guitar?
(a) Young Americans Ball.
(b) Police Atheletic League Ball.
(c) Inaugural Balls.
(d) The Magnolia Ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. When all the delegates from both political parties get together, O'Rourke says they act like what club members?
2. Who was George H. W. Bush's running mate in 1988?
3. What television program ran a story about "runaway car syndrome" in an Audi model?
4. What party game does O'Rourke liken the American political system to?
5. Where was the Republican convention held that O'Rourke attended?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)