|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Only Human in His Own Immortal Way: The President," O'Rourke mocks what Act?
(a) Information Technology Act.
(b) Americans with Disabilities Act.
(c) Civil Rights Act.
(d) Patriot Act.
2. What amendment is in question as to whether or not it allows flag burning in protest?
3. In what year did a flag desecration case take place?
4. Who is the author of "The Power Game: How Washington Works"?
(a) Christopher Cav.
(b) Jason Watson.
(c) Hedrick Smith.
(d) Jeffrey Simpson.
5. O'Rourke recalls shadowing whom for a day?
(a) A press secretary.
(b) A congressman.
(c) A president.
(d) A lobbyist.
6. When all the delegates from both political parties get together, O'Rourke says they act like what club members?
7. What does O'Rourke say is the term for an interview where "you didn't come here and I didn't say this"?
(a) "Off the record."
(b) "Nameless and faceless."
(c) "On background."
8. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," who does he say that all people will be married to?
(a) Bruce Willis.
(b) Brad Pitt.
(c) Mel Gibson.
(d) Robert Redford.
9. For how long has an agency had to deal with "runaway car syndrome"?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 10 years.
10. Seeing the strange collection of tourists, journalists, and protesters, O'Rourke contemplated that Washington really needs what?
(a) A bouncer.
(b) A dress code.
(c) A security system.
(d) Better education.
11. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say will be the only thing on the shelves at libraries?
(a) Murder mystery novels.
(c) Comic books.
(d) Diet and workout books.
12. What brand of beer does O'Rourke mention when saying that "runaway car syndrome" is the result of drinking while driving?
13. How long did Jesse Jackson propose to freeze military spending?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Four years.
(d) One year.
14. What ball did O'Rourke peek in on where he saw boogying and people playing the electric guitar?
(a) The Magnolia Ball.
(b) Police Atheletic League Ball.
(c) Young Americans Ball.
(d) Inaugural Balls.
15. What is the name of the textbook that O'Rourke criticized for being boring?
(a) "The United States and You."
(b) "American Government."
(c) "American Civics."
(d) "The House and the Whip."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the keynote speaker at the 1988 Democratic convention?
2. What party game does O'Rourke liken the American political system to?
3. What was the name of the prophet who warned against a king that would take a 10th of his people's sheep?
4. Who does O'Rourke say has more respect for their electorates than the American parties?
5. What king did O'Rourke compare the U.S. government to?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)