|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many letters from citizens does O'Rourke imagine that congressmen receive each year?
(a) A few thousand.
(b) Tens of thousands.
(c) Hundreds of thousands.
(d) More than one million.
2. During the convention, O'Rourke says both Democrats and Republicans act like mindless fans of what?
(a) The Beatles.
(c) Rock music.
(d) Science fiction.
3. Who told the Atlanta convention that the Democratic party "needs both its left wing and its right wing to fly"?
(a) George H. W. Bush.
(b) Jesse Jackson.
(c) Michael Dukakis.
(d) Bill Clinton.
4. Who has a reputation as being the unofficial fourth branch of government?
(a) The residents of Washington, D.C.
(b) The media.
(c) The Green party.
(d) The American people.
5. How many letters to a congressman did O'Rourke read before finding a thank-you letter?
6. Who was the presidential candidate for the Democrats when O'Rourke visited the political conventions of both parties?
7. What is the name of the group of journalists who ask questions and take photos at the White House?
(a) White House Press Club.
(b) White House Press Corps.
(c) White House Press Group.
(d) White House Press Association.
8. Who was Dukakis considering as a running mate before he picked Lloyd Bentsen?
(a) Al Gore.
(b) Barrack Obama.
(c) Danny Ortega.
(d) Bill Clinton.
9. What platform did O'Rourke say the Republicans ran on in 1988?
(a) The Dumb-Old-Dad platform.
(b) The Strict-Mom platform.
(c) The Sweet-Little-Sister platform.
(d) The Over-Protective-Brother platform.
10. At what time of day was George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget finally "hammered out"?
(a) 10:15 p.m.
(b) 3:47 p.m.
(c) 5:07 a.m.
(d) 6:58 a.m.
11. O'Rourke revealed that congressmen use what items that offer a summary of a proposed bill?
(a) A "cheat card."
(b) An "info guide."
(c) A "cheat sheet."
(d) An "info sheet."
12. O'Rourke began the sub-section "Attack of the Midget Vote-suckers" by comparing conventions to what?
(b) Cheerleading competitions.
(d) High school reunions.
13. What amendment is in question as to whether or not it allows flag burning in protest?
14. Who equated a belief in government to the "vapid" peace of mind experienced by church goers?
(a) Johnny Cochran.
(b) Clarence Darrow.
(c) Frank Levin.
(d) Gloria Allred.
15. How often does the press secretary at the White House field questions from the media?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Every other day.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Once a day.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Only Human in His Own Immortal Way: The President," O'Rourke mocks what Act?
2. Where was the Republican convention held that O'Rourke attended?
3. For how long has an agency had to deal with "runaway car syndrome"?
4. What are the speeches called that O'Rourke heard when he visited the House of Representatives?
5. What newspaper called Dan Quayle an "avid reader" of "real live books"?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)