|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the Amendments to the U.S. Constitution deals with the right to "keep and bear arms"?
(a) The 9th.
(b) The 3rd.
(c) The 14th.
(d) The 2nd.
2. What king did O'Rourke compare the U.S. government to?
(a) Henry V.
(d) George III.
3. "Runaway car syndrome" is a situation where a vehicle spontaneously does what?
(a) Fails to register as having a valid VIN number.
(b) Fluctuates in speed independently of the driver's will.
(c) Accelerates independently of the driver's will.
(d) Stops independently of the driver's will.
4. How many letters to a congressman did O'Rourke read before finding a thank-you letter?
5. What was the name of the foundation that set up a commission to study the electorate?
(a) The John and Mary R. Markle Foundation.
(b) The Roy and Carol G. Bernath Foundation.
(c) The Jeffrey and Michelle H. Wright Foundation.
(d) The Thomas and Ruth B. Martin Foundation.
6. What amendment is in question as to whether or not it allows flag burning in protest?
7. What television program ran a story about "runaway car syndrome" in an Audi model?
(a) "The Today Show."
(b) "60 Minutes."
(c) "NBC Nightly News."
8. O'Rourke recalls shadowing whom for a day?
(a) A president.
(b) A lobbyist.
(c) A congressman.
(d) A press secretary.
9. On what day was a government study released on "runaway car syndrome"?
(a) June 2.
(b) May 22.
(c) March 7.
(d) April 16.
10. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that all pants will be made of?
11. What is the name of the agency that dealt with an outbreak of "runaway car syndrome"?
(a) National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
(b) Federal Interstate Traffic Safety Agency.
(c) National Interstate Traffic Safety Administration.
(d) Federal Highway Traffic Safety Agency.
12. O'Rourke visited the Department of Transportation and was surprised to discover that many of the workers were fans of what?
(a) "Star Wars."
(b) The Rolling Stones.
(c) Video games.
13. O' Rourke compares the president's decision-making ability to that of a child of what age?
14. A high school textbook refers to what document as "a living document"?
(a) The Magna Charta.
(b) The Declaration of Independence.
(c) The U.S. Constitution.
(d) The Monroe Doctrine.
15. For which presidential candidate did Lloyd Bentsen run as vice president?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did O'Rourke blame for the poor state of the nation?
2. What is the name of the textbook that O'Rourke criticized for being boring?
3. How many pages was a government study released on "runaway car syndrome"?
4. Who did O'Rourke credit with George H. W. Bush's meteoric rise to popularity?
5. Who told the Atlanta convention that the Democratic party "needs both its left wing and its right wing to fly"?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)