|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the Amendments to the U.S. Constitution deals with the right to "keep and bear arms"?
(a) The 14th.
(b) The 3rd.
(c) The 9th.
(d) The 2nd.
2. When all the delegates from both political parties get together, O'Rourke says they act like what club members?
3. How many pages was a government study released on "runaway car syndrome"?
4. How many letters from citizens does O'Rourke imagine that congressmen receive each year?
(a) More than one million.
(b) A few thousand.
(c) Hundreds of thousands.
(d) Tens of thousands.
5. How many letters to a congressman did O'Rourke read before finding a thank-you letter?
6. Who was Dukakis considering as a running mate before he picked Lloyd Bentsen?
(a) Barrack Obama.
(b) Bill Clinton.
(c) Al Gore.
(d) Danny Ortega.
7. What king did O'Rourke compare the U.S. government to?
(b) Henry V.
(c) George III.
8. At what time of day was George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget finally "hammered out"?
(a) 6:58 a.m.
(b) 3:47 p.m.
(c) 5:07 a.m.
(d) 10:15 p.m.
9. O'Rourke begins "Protectors of a Blameless Citizenry: The Bureaucracy" by talking about what government department?
10. Who has a reputation as being the unofficial fourth branch of government?
(a) The media.
(b) The Green party.
(c) The American people.
(d) The residents of Washington, D.C.
11. O'Rourke joked that George H. W. Bush donned a costume and went by what name?
(a) Mr. Texas.
(d) The Conservanator.
12. O'Rourke says the Republican convention had the intellectual content of song lyrics by what band?
(a) Van Halen.
(c) White Snake.
(d) Guns n' Roses.
13. Who was George H. W. Bush's running mate in 1988?
(a) Dan Quayle.
(b) Dick Cheney.
(c) Al Gore.
(d) Bob Dole.
14. For how long has an agency had to deal with "runaway car syndrome"?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 5 years.
15. What ball did O'Rourke peek in on where he saw boogying and people playing the electric guitar?
(a) Police Atheletic League Ball.
(b) Young Americans Ball.
(c) Inaugural Balls.
(d) The Magnolia Ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Rourke recalls shadowing whom for a day?
2. Who referred to lukewarm political relationships as "kiss on the lips but no tongue"?
3. What are the speeches called that O'Rourke heard when he visited the House of Representatives?
4. O'Rourke visited the Department of Transportation and was surprised to discover that many of the workers were fans of what?
5. What is the name of the agency that dealt with an outbreak of "runaway car syndrome"?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)