|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the convention, O'Rourke says both Democrats and Republicans act like mindless fans of what?
(a) The Beatles.
(b) Science fiction.
(d) Rock music.
2. How many letters from citizens does O'Rourke imagine that congressmen receive each year?
(a) More than one million.
(b) Hundreds of thousands.
(c) A few thousand.
(d) Tens of thousands.
3. Who referred to lukewarm political relationships as "kiss on the lips but no tongue"?
(a) Matthew Reed.
(b) Fred Barnes.
(c) Stephen Kerr.
(d) Adam Neal.
4. What exists in a state of perpetual failure because motion is valued above direction and achievement?
(a) Social security.
(b) The Democratic party.
(d) The Republican party.
5. At what time of day was George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget finally "hammered out"?
(a) 5:07 a.m.
(b) 3:47 p.m.
(c) 10:15 p.m.
(d) 6:58 a.m.
6. What Audi model does O'Rourke say was deemed unsafe because of "runaway car syndrome"?
(a) Audi A2.
(b) Audi A4.
(c) Audi 80.
(d) Audi 5000.
7. What are the speeches called that O'Rourke heard when he visited the House of Representatives?
(a) One minutes.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Three minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
8. Which Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gives women the right to vote?
(a) The 12th.
(b) The 19th.
(c) The 8th.
(d) The 4th.
9. What party game does O'Rourke liken the American political system to?
(a) Texas hold 'em.
(c) Spin the bottle.
(d) Pin the tail on the donkey.
10. O'Rourke visited the Department of Transportation and was surprised to discover that many of the workers were fans of what?
(b) "Star Wars."
(c) Video games.
(d) The Rolling Stones.
11. In "Only Human in His Own Immortal Way: The President," O'Rourke mocks what Act?
(a) Civil Rights Act.
(b) Americans with Disabilities Act.
(c) Patriot Act.
(d) Information Technology Act.
12. Who was the director of the Office of Management and Budget at the time George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget was completed?
(a) Franklin D. Raines.
(b) Richard Darman.
(c) Alice M. Rivlin.
(d) Peter Orszag.
13. O'Rourke began the sub-section "Attack of the Midget Vote-suckers" by comparing conventions to what?
(b) Cheerleading competitions.
(d) High school reunions.
14. O' Rourke compares the president's decision-making ability to that of a child of what age?
15. What brand of beer does O'Rourke mention when saying that "runaway car syndrome" is the result of drinking while driving?
Short Answer Questions
1. What ball did O'Rourke peek in on where he saw boogying and people playing the electric guitar?
2. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that all pants will be made of?
3. Who told the Atlanta convention that the Democratic party "needs both its left wing and its right wing to fly"?
4. O'Rourke comes to the conclusion that the president's role in government is largely symbolic after referring to a presidential agenda from what day?
5. In what newspaper did an article about "runaway car syndrome" appear?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)