Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day was George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget finally "hammered out"?
(a) 5:07 a.m.
(b) 3:47 p.m.
(c) 10:15 p.m.
(d) 6:58 a.m.
2. O'Rourke began the sub-section "Attack of the Midget Vote-suckers" by comparing conventions to what?
(a) Cheerleading competitions.
(d) High school reunions.
3. What ball did O'Rourke peek in on where he saw boogying and people playing the electric guitar?
(a) Young Americans Ball.
(b) Police Atheletic League Ball.
(c) Inaugural Balls.
(d) The Magnolia Ball.
4. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say will be the only thing on the shelves at libraries?
(a) Murder mystery novels.
(b) Diet and workout books.
(c) Comic books.
5. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," who does he say that all people will be married to?
(a) Bruce Willis.
(b) Mel Gibson.
(c) Robert Redford.
(d) Brad Pitt.
6. Who does O'Rourke believe increases bureaucracy by forcing the government to address people's frivolous complaints?
(a) Advertising agencies.
(b) Angry parents.
(c) Consumer advocates.
(d) Print media.
7. What does O'Rourke say is the term for an interview where "you didn't come here and I didn't say this"?
(a) "Off the record."
(b) "Nameless and faceless."
(d) "On background."
8. O'Rourke says that the 1988 presidential candidates were less well chosen than whom?
(a) Miss America contestants.
(b) Holiday cashiers at Walmart.
(c) Harvard law applicants.
(d) Prom kings and queens.
9. What is the name of the group of journalists who ask questions and take photos at the White House?
(a) White House Press Group.
(b) White House Press Club.
(c) White House Press Association.
(d) White House Press Corps.
10. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that all pants will be made of?
11. Which Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gives women the right to vote?
(a) The 4th.
(b) The 8th.
(c) The 19th.
(d) The 12th.
12. For what state was Dukakis governor in 1988?
13. Who did O'Rourke blame for the poor state of the nation?
(a) The American people.
(b) The media.
(c) The Middle East.
(d) The politicians.
14. How did O'Rourke describe Reagan's social programs?
(c) Luke warm.
15. On what day was a government study released on "runaway car syndrome"?
(a) March 7.
(b) April 16.
(c) June 2.
(d) May 22.
Short Answer Questions
1. What exists in a state of perpetual failure because motion is valued above direction and achievement?
2. Who said Dan Quayle was "well-informed, intelligent, candid and engaging"?
3. O'Rourke says the Republican convention had the intellectual content of song lyrics by what band?
4. How long did Jesse Jackson propose to freeze military spending?
5. When did O'Rourke predict that there would be an election of significance?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)