|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the director of the Office of Management and Budget at the time George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget was completed?
(a) Franklin D. Raines.
(b) Alice M. Rivlin.
(c) Richard Darman.
(d) Peter Orszag.
2. Who was the solicitor general during a flag desecration case?
(a) Rex E. Lee.
(b) Charles Fried.
(c) Thurgood Marshall.
(d) Kenneth Starr.
3. Who was the presidential candidate for the Democrats when O'Rourke visited the political conventions of both parties?
4. Who does O'Rourke say has more respect for their electorates than the American parties?
(a) The Soviet Communists.
(b) The Canadian constitutional monarchy.
(c) The Saudi Arabian absolute monarchy.
(d) The Iranian republic.
5. Who referred to lukewarm political relationships as "kiss on the lips but no tongue"?
(a) Matthew Reed.
(b) Adam Neal.
(c) Fred Barnes.
(d) Stephen Kerr.
6. Who was the keynote speaker at the 1988 Democratic convention?
(a) Bill Clinton.
(b) Ted Kennedy.
(c) Ann Richards.
(d) Jim Hightower.
7. Who was Dukakis considering as a running mate before he picked Lloyd Bentsen?
(a) Barrack Obama.
(b) Danny Ortega.
(c) Al Gore.
(d) Bill Clinton.
8. How many pages was a government study released on "runaway car syndrome"?
9. In what year was a government study released on "runaway car syndrome" in an Audi model?
10. O'Rourke begins "Protectors of a Blameless Citizenry: The Bureaucracy" by talking about what government department?
11. How did O'Rourke describe Reagan's social programs?
(b) Luke warm.
12. What nickname did O'Rourke give to the generation that was attending high school when his book was written?
(a) The Pizza Hut generation.
(b) The "Home Alone" generation.
(c) The "Sesame Street" generation.
(d) The Coca-Cola generation.
13. Who was the attorney for the plaintiffs during a flag desecration case?
14. O'Rourke revealed that congressmen use what items that offer a summary of a proposed bill?
(a) A "cheat card."
(b) An "info sheet."
(c) A "cheat sheet."
(d) An "info guide."
15. What party game does O'Rourke liken the American political system to?
(a) Pin the tail on the donkey.
(b) Texas hold 'em.
(d) Spin the bottle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the speeches called that O'Rourke heard when he visited the House of Representatives?
2. Who did O'Rourke blame for the poor state of the nation?
3. Who did O'Rourke credit with George H. W. Bush's meteoric rise to popularity?
4. Which of the Amendments to the U.S. Constitution deals with the right to "keep and bear arms"?
5. Seeing the strange collection of tourists, journalists, and protesters, O'Rourke contemplated that Washington really needs what?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)