|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does O'Rourke describe as having a climate like the inside of a locked van in the Sahara?
2. On what day was George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget finally "hammered out"?
(a) October 27, 1990.
(b) August 15, 1990.
(c) January 2, 1991.
(d) July 3, 1990.
3. What Audi model does O'Rourke say was deemed unsafe because of "runaway car syndrome"?
(a) Audi A4.
(b) Audi 5000.
(c) Audi A2.
(d) Audi 80.
4. What exists in a state of perpetual failure because motion is valued above direction and achievement?
(a) Social security.
(b) The Democratic party.
(d) The Republican party.
5. George H. W. Bush ran his presidential campaign on the idea that he would be a second helping of whom?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Jimmy Carter.
(d) Gerald Ford.
6. O'Rourke revealed that congressmen use what items that offer a summary of a proposed bill?
(a) An "info guide."
(b) An "info sheet."
(c) A "cheat card."
(d) A "cheat sheet."
7. What brand of beer does O'Rourke mention when saying that "runaway car syndrome" is the result of drinking while driving?
8. Who was the director of the Office of Management and Budget at the time George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget was completed?
(a) Alice M. Rivlin.
(b) Richard Darman.
(c) Peter Orszag.
(d) Franklin D. Raines.
9. Who was Dukakis considering as a running mate before he picked Lloyd Bentsen?
(a) Al Gore.
(b) Danny Ortega.
(c) Bill Clinton.
(d) Barrack Obama.
10. Who was the presidential candidate for the Democrats when O'Rourke visited the political conventions of both parties?
11. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that every meal will be?
(a) Fried chicken.
(b) Fried rice.
(c) Macaroni and cheese.
12. What does O'Rourke say is the term for an interview where "you didn't come here and I didn't say this"?
(a) "Nameless and faceless."
(c) "On background."
(d) "Off the record."
13. O'Rourke points out that the manual for what automobile is 4 times as long as the U.S. Constitution?
(a) Toyota Camry.
(b) Chevrolet Camero.
(c) Ford Mustang.
(d) Dodge Neon.
14. According to a study by a foundation, what percent of Americans did not know what party Llotd Bentsen was affiliated with during an election?
15. Who did O'Rourke blame for the poor state of the nation?
(a) The politicians.
(b) The Middle East.
(c) The American people.
(d) The media.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ball did O'Rourke peek in on where he saw boogying and people playing the electric guitar?
2. What was the name of the foundation that set up a commission to study the electorate?
3. How did O'Rourke describe Reagan's social programs?
4. Who equated a belief in government to the "vapid" peace of mind experienced by church goers?
5. O'Rourke comes to the conclusion that the president's role in government is largely symbolic after referring to a presidential agenda from what day?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)