|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did a flag desecration case take place?
2. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," who does he say that all people will be married to?
(a) Mel Gibson.
(b) Brad Pitt.
(c) Bruce Willis.
(d) Robert Redford.
3. What city does O'Rourke describe as having a climate like the inside of a locked van in the Sahara?
4. How often does the press secretary at the White House field questions from the media?
(a) Every other day.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Twice a day.
(d) Once a week.
5. O'Rourke says that the 1988 presidential candidates were less well chosen than whom?
(a) Harvard law applicants.
(b) Prom kings and queens.
(c) Miss America contestants.
(d) Holiday cashiers at Walmart.
6. How does O'Rourke describe a day when Congress is not even in session?
7. When did O'Rourke predict that there would be an election of significance?
8. A high school textbook refers to what document as "a living document"?
(a) The Monroe Doctrine.
(b) The U.S. Constitution.
(c) The Magna Charta.
(d) The Declaration of Independence.
9. When all the delegates from both political parties get together, O'Rourke says they act like what club members?
10. Which of the Amendments to the U.S. Constitution deals with the right to "keep and bear arms"?
(a) The 9th.
(b) The 2nd.
(c) The 3rd.
(d) The 14th.
11. Who did O'Rourke blame for the poor state of the nation?
(a) The media.
(b) The Middle East.
(c) The politicians.
(d) The American people.
12. Who was the presidential candidate for the Democrats when O'Rourke visited the political conventions of both parties?
13. O'Rourke comes to the conclusion that the president's role in government is largely symbolic after referring to a presidential agenda from what day?
(a) December 31, 1988.
(b) July 25, 1990.
(c) May 13, 1991.
(d) April 4, 1989.
14. How many pages was a government study released on "runaway car syndrome"?
15. Who did O'Rourke credit with George H. W. Bush's meteoric rise to popularity?
(a) School teachers.
(b) His wife.
(c) His overzealous fans.
(d) The media.
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Rourke points out that the manual for what automobile is 4 times as long as the U.S. Constitution?
2. Who said Dan Quayle was "well-informed, intelligent, candid and engaging"?
3. In what year was a government study released on "runaway car syndrome" in an Audi model?
4. How many letters to a congressman did O'Rourke read before finding a thank-you letter?
5. On what day was George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget finally "hammered out"?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)