|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ball did O'Rourke peek in on where he saw boogying and people playing the electric guitar?
(a) Young Americans Ball.
(b) Police Atheletic League Ball.
(c) Inaugural Balls.
(d) The Magnolia Ball.
2. For what state was Dukakis governor in 1988?
3. During the convention, O'Rourke says both Democrats and Republicans act like mindless fans of what?
(a) Science fiction.
(c) Rock music.
(d) The Beatles.
4. What does O'Rourke say is the term for an interview where "you didn't come here and I didn't say this"?
(a) "On background."
(b) "Off the record."
(c) "Nameless and faceless."
5. What television program ran a story about "runaway car syndrome" in an Audi model?
(a) "60 Minutes."
(c) "The Today Show."
(d) "NBC Nightly News."
6. For how long has an agency had to deal with "runaway car syndrome"?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 15 years.
7. What are the speeches called that O'Rourke heard when he visited the House of Representatives?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) Three minutes.
(d) One minutes.
8. When did O'Rourke predict that there would be an election of significance?
9. What was the name of the foundation that set up a commission to study the electorate?
(a) The Jeffrey and Michelle H. Wright Foundation.
(b) The Thomas and Ruth B. Martin Foundation.
(c) The John and Mary R. Markle Foundation.
(d) The Roy and Carol G. Bernath Foundation.
10. What king did O'Rourke compare the U.S. government to?
(c) George III.
(d) Henry V.
11. According to a study by a foundation, what percent of Americans did not know what party Llotd Bentsen was affiliated with during an election?
12. What was the name of the prophet who warned against a king that would take a 10th of his people's sheep?
13. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that every meal will be?
(a) Macaroni and cheese.
(b) Fried rice.
(c) Fried chicken.
14. O'Rourke began the sub-section "Attack of the Midget Vote-suckers" by comparing conventions to what?
(a) Cheerleading competitions.
(d) High school reunions.
15. In what newspaper did an article about "runaway car syndrome" appear?
(a) New York Times.
(b) The Washington Post.
(c) USA Today.
(d) The Wall Street Journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who referred to lukewarm political relationships as "kiss on the lips but no tongue"?
2. Who is the author of "The Power Game: How Washington Works"?
3. O'Rourke joked that George H. W. Bush donned a costume and went by what name?
4. Who does O'Rourke believe increases bureaucracy by forcing the government to address people's frivolous complaints?
5. Who was the solicitor general during a flag desecration case?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)