|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke revealed that congressmen use what items that offer a summary of a proposed bill?
(a) A "cheat card."
(b) An "info sheet."
(c) An "info guide."
(d) A "cheat sheet."
2. Who did O'Rourke credit with George H. W. Bush's meteoric rise to popularity?
(a) The media.
(b) School teachers.
(c) His overzealous fans.
(d) His wife.
3. O'Rourke recalls shadowing whom for a day?
(a) A president.
(b) A lobbyist.
(c) A press secretary.
(d) A congressman.
4. Who was the presidential candidate for the Republicans when O'Rourke visited the political conventions of both parties?
5. George H. W. Bush ran his presidential campaign on the idea that he would be a second helping of whom?
(a) Ronald Reagan.
(b) Jimmy Carter.
(c) Gerald Ford.
(d) Richard Nixon.
6. What platform did O'Rourke say the Republicans ran on in 1988?
(a) The Over-Protective-Brother platform.
(b) The Sweet-Little-Sister platform.
(c) The Dumb-Old-Dad platform.
(d) The Strict-Mom platform.
7. O'Rourke begins "Protectors of a Blameless Citizenry: The Bureaucracy" by talking about what government department?
8. What Audi model does O'Rourke say was deemed unsafe because of "runaway car syndrome"?
(a) Audi 80.
(b) Audi A2.
(c) Audi 5000.
(d) Audi A4.
9. What political party did Lloyd Bentsen belong to?
10. Seeing the strange collection of tourists, journalists, and protesters, O'Rourke contemplated that Washington really needs what?
(a) A bouncer.
(b) A security system.
(c) Better education.
(d) A dress code.
11. For which presidential candidate did Lloyd Bentsen run as vice president?
12. What is the name of the textbook that O'Rourke criticized for being boring?
(a) "The House and the Whip."
(b) "American Government."
(c) "American Civics."
(d) "The United States and You."
13. Which of the Amendments to the U.S. Constitution deals with the right to "keep and bear arms"?
(a) The 2nd.
(b) The 9th.
(c) The 3rd.
(d) The 14th.
14. Who is the author of "The Power Game: How Washington Works"?
(a) Hedrick Smith.
(b) Jason Watson.
(c) Jeffrey Simpson.
(d) Christopher Cav.
15. Who was the attorney for the plaintiffs during a flag desecration case?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the foundation that set up a commission to study the electorate?
2. O'Rourke began the sub-section "Attack of the Midget Vote-suckers" by comparing conventions to what?
3. In what year did a national newspaper print a story about "runaway car syndrome"?
4. O'Rourke points out that the manual for what automobile is 4 times as long as the U.S. Constitution?
5. What year did the Seneca Falls Declaration take place?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)