|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What party game does O'Rourke liken the American political system to?
(a) Texas hold 'em.
(c) Pin the tail on the donkey.
(d) Spin the bottle.
2. O'Rourke points out that the manual for what automobile is 4 times as long as the U.S. Constitution?
(a) Chevrolet Camero.
(b) Dodge Neon.
(c) Ford Mustang.
(d) Toyota Camry.
3. How often does the press secretary at the White House field questions from the media?
(a) Every other day.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a day.
(d) Twice a day.
4. How did O'Rourke describe Reagan's social programs?
(c) Luke warm.
5. What king did O'Rourke compare the U.S. government to?
(b) George III.
(c) Henry V.
6. Who said Dan Quayle was "well-informed, intelligent, candid and engaging"?
(a) Morton Kondracke.
(b) Joseph Pulitzer.
(c) Jim Bellows.
(d) Piers Morgan.
7. What are the speeches called that O'Rourke heard when he visited the House of Representatives?
(a) Three minutes.
(b) One minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) Five minutes.
8. O'Rourke presents an unflattering picture of House Democratic efforts to talk environmentalism in advance of what?
(a) Earth Day.
(b) The elections.
(d) A vote on climate reform.
9. In what year did a flag desecration case take place?
10. Who was the director of the Office of Management and Budget at the time George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget was completed?
(a) Franklin D. Raines.
(b) Richard Darman.
(c) Alice M. Rivlin.
(d) Peter Orszag.
11. O'Rourke recalls shadowing whom for a day?
(a) A lobbyist.
(b) A congressman.
(c) A president.
(d) A press secretary.
12. What newspaper called Dan Quayle an "avid reader" of "real live books"?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) USA Today.
(c) The Times-Union.
(d) The Wall Street Journal.
13. Who is the author of "The Power Game: How Washington Works"?
(a) Jason Watson.
(b) Hedrick Smith.
(c) Christopher Cav.
(d) Jeffrey Simpson.
14. At what time of day was George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget finally "hammered out"?
(a) 3:47 p.m.
(b) 10:15 p.m.
(c) 6:58 a.m.
(d) 5:07 a.m.
15. O'Rourke began the sub-section "Attack of the Midget Vote-suckers" by comparing conventions to what?
(a) High school reunions.
(d) Cheerleading competitions.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a study by a foundation, what percent of Americans did not know what party Llotd Bentsen was affiliated with during an election?
2. In what year was a government study released on "runaway car syndrome" in an Audi model?
3. Who was the presidential candidate for the Republicans when O'Rourke visited the political conventions of both parties?
4. What year did the Seneca Falls Declaration take place?
5. O'Rourke says that the 1988 presidential candidates were less well chosen than whom?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)