|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day was a government study released on "runaway car syndrome"?
(a) June 2.
(b) March 7.
(c) April 16.
(d) May 22.
2. What does O'Rourke describe as an organism whose sole purpose is to aggrandize those in power?
(a) The White House.
(b) The media.
(c) The election process.
(d) The American government.
3. Who did O'Rourke blame for the poor state of the nation?
(a) The American people.
(b) The Middle East.
(c) The politicians.
(d) The media.
4. What Audi model does O'Rourke say was deemed unsafe because of "runaway car syndrome"?
(a) Audi 80.
(b) Audi 5000.
(c) Audi A2.
(d) Audi A4.
5. For how long has an agency had to deal with "runaway car syndrome"?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 20 years.
6. How did O'Rourke describe Reagan's social programs?
(a) Luke warm.
7. Who was George H. W. Bush's running mate in 1988?
(a) Dick Cheney.
(b) Bob Dole.
(c) Al Gore.
(d) Dan Quayle.
8. How many letters to a congressman did O'Rourke read before finding a thank-you letter?
9. How many pages was a government study released on "runaway car syndrome"?
10. What exists in a state of perpetual failure because motion is valued above direction and achievement?
(a) Social security.
(b) The Republican party.
(d) The Democratic party.
11. O'Rourke presents an unflattering picture of House Democratic efforts to talk environmentalism in advance of what?
(b) Earth Day.
(c) The elections.
(d) A vote on climate reform.
12. Who was the keynote speaker at the 1988 Democratic convention?
(a) Bill Clinton.
(b) Ted Kennedy.
(c) Ann Richards.
(d) Jim Hightower.
13. Who referred to lukewarm political relationships as "kiss on the lips but no tongue"?
(a) Stephen Kerr.
(b) Adam Neal.
(c) Matthew Reed.
(d) Fred Barnes.
14. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say will be the only thing on the shelves at libraries?
(a) Murder mystery novels.
(b) Comic books.
(c) Diet and workout books.
15. In "Only Human in His Own Immortal Way: The President," O'Rourke mocks what Act?
(a) Patriot Act.
(b) Information Technology Act.
(c) Americans with Disabilities Act.
(d) Civil Rights Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did O'Rourke predict that there would be an election of significance?
2. What year did the Seneca Falls Declaration take place?
3. Who was the solicitor general during a flag desecration case?
4. On what day was George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget finally "hammered out"?
5. Where was the Republican convention held that O'Rourke attended?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)