|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "The Power Game: How Washington Works"?
(a) Jason Watson.
(b) Christopher Cav.
(c) Hedrick Smith.
(d) Jeffrey Simpson.
2. How often does the press secretary at the White House field questions from the media?
(a) Once a day.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Every other day.
(d) Twice a day.
3. O'Rourke joked that George H. W. Bush donned a costume and went by what name?
(b) Mr. Texas.
(d) The Conservanator.
4. "Runaway car syndrome" is a situation where a vehicle spontaneously does what?
(a) Fails to register as having a valid VIN number.
(b) Stops independently of the driver's will.
(c) Fluctuates in speed independently of the driver's will.
(d) Accelerates independently of the driver's will.
5. What is the name of the agency that dealt with an outbreak of "runaway car syndrome"?
(a) National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
(b) Federal Highway Traffic Safety Agency.
(c) Federal Interstate Traffic Safety Agency.
(d) National Interstate Traffic Safety Administration.
6. How many letters to a congressman did O'Rourke read before finding a thank-you letter?
7. O'Rourke says the Republican convention had the intellectual content of song lyrics by what band?
(a) White Snake.
(b) Van Halen.
(c) Guns n' Roses.
8. O'Rourke says that the 1988 presidential candidates were less well chosen than whom?
(a) Harvard law applicants.
(b) Prom kings and queens.
(c) Miss America contestants.
(d) Holiday cashiers at Walmart.
9. Who was the solicitor general during a flag desecration case?
(a) Rex E. Lee.
(b) Thurgood Marshall.
(c) Kenneth Starr.
(d) Charles Fried.
10. Who equated a belief in government to the "vapid" peace of mind experienced by church goers?
(a) Gloria Allred.
(b) Johnny Cochran.
(c) Clarence Darrow.
(d) Frank Levin.
11. O'Rourke begins "Protectors of a Blameless Citizenry: The Bureaucracy" by talking about what government department?
12. Who told the Atlanta convention that the Democratic party "needs both its left wing and its right wing to fly"?
(a) George H. W. Bush.
(b) Bill Clinton.
(c) Jesse Jackson.
(d) Michael Dukakis.
13. Who was the presidential candidate for the Democrats when O'Rourke visited the political conventions of both parties?
14. For how long has an agency had to deal with "runaway car syndrome"?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 15 years.
15. What exists in a state of perpetual failure because motion is valued above direction and achievement?
(a) The Republican party.
(b) The Democratic party.
(c) Social security.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Amendments to the U.S. Constitution deals with the right to "keep and bear arms"?
2. Who was Dukakis considering as a running mate before he picked Lloyd Bentsen?
3. What Audi model does O'Rourke say was deemed unsafe because of "runaway car syndrome"?
4. Who was the director of the Office of Management and Budget at the time George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget was completed?
5. What was Dukakis' wife named?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)