|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Jesse Jackson propose to freeze military spending?
(a) Two years.
(b) Five years.
(c) One year.
(d) Four years.
2. What are the speeches called that O'Rourke heard when he visited the House of Representatives?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) One minutes.
(d) Three minutes.
3. For which presidential candidate did Lloyd Bentsen run as vice president?
4. Who was the solicitor general during a flag desecration case?
(a) Rex E. Lee.
(b) Charles Fried.
(c) Thurgood Marshall.
(d) Kenneth Starr.
5. In "Only Human in His Own Immortal Way: The President," O'Rourke mocks what Act?
(a) Information Technology Act.
(b) Civil Rights Act.
(c) Patriot Act.
(d) Americans with Disabilities Act.
6. O'Rourke says that the 1988 presidential candidates were less well chosen than whom?
(a) Prom kings and queens.
(b) Harvard law applicants.
(c) Miss America contestants.
(d) Holiday cashiers at Walmart.
7. Who did O'Rourke blame for the poor state of the nation?
(a) The politicians.
(b) The media.
(c) The American people.
(d) The Middle East.
8. Who said Dan Quayle was "well-informed, intelligent, candid and engaging"?
(a) Jim Bellows.
(b) Joseph Pulitzer.
(c) Morton Kondracke.
(d) Piers Morgan.
9. What political party did Lloyd Bentsen belong to?
10. In what newspaper did an article about "runaway car syndrome" appear?
(a) New York Times.
(b) The Wall Street Journal.
(c) The Washington Post.
(d) USA Today.
11. What exists in a state of perpetual failure because motion is valued above direction and achievement?
(a) The Republican party.
(b) Social security.
(d) The Democratic party.
12. What amendment is in question as to whether or not it allows flag burning in protest?
13. How did O'Rourke describe Reagan's social programs?
(c) Luke warm.
14. George H. W. Bush ran his presidential campaign on the idea that he would be a second helping of whom?
(a) Ronald Reagan.
(b) Jimmy Carter.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Gerald Ford.
15. O'Rourke presents an unflattering picture of House Democratic efforts to talk environmentalism in advance of what?
(a) Earth Day.
(b) The elections.
(c) A vote on climate reform.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the convention, O'Rourke says both Democrats and Republicans act like mindless fans of what?
2. How many letters to a congressman did O'Rourke read before finding a thank-you letter?
3. For how long has an agency had to deal with "runaway car syndrome"?
4. "Runaway car syndrome" is a situation where a vehicle spontaneously does what?
5. Who was the attorney for the plaintiffs during a flag desecration case?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)