|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through At Home in the Parliament of Whores.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke recalls shadowing whom for a day?
(a) A lobbyist.
(b) A congressman.
(c) A president.
(d) A press secretary.
2. How many poor people does O'Rourke say ask him for money on his way to work every day?
(a) 2.3 million.
(b) 3.4 million.
(c) 6.8 million.
(d) 1.9 million.
3. Who was George H. W. Bush's first Drug Czar?
(a) John P. Walters.
(b) Lee P. Brown.
(c) Barry McCaffrey.
(d) William Bennet.
4. On what day was George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget finally "hammered out"?
(a) August 15, 1990.
(b) October 27, 1990.
(c) January 2, 1991.
(d) July 3, 1990.
5. What was the school drop-out rate in O'Rourke's town?
(a) 36 percent.
(b) 11 percent.
(c) 23 percent.
(d) 42 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Rourke believed his town spent too little on what?
2. O'Rourke visited the Department of Transportation and was surprised to discover that many of the workers were fans of what?
3. O'Rourke considers what war to be a rare success for U.S. foreign policy?
4. O'Rourke says it is best to simply stay away from what Afghani tribesman?
5. In "Defense Policy: Cry 'Havoc!' and "Let Slip the Hogs of Peace," O'Rourke worried that what country still posed a threat and might be waiting for America to fall beneath the weight of its own dissent?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)