|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through At Home in the Parliament of Whores.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does O'Rourke say has more respect for their electorates than the American parties?
(a) The Iranian republic.
(b) The Saudi Arabian absolute monarchy.
(c) The Soviet Communists.
(d) The Canadian constitutional monarchy.
2. What is the official office of the Drug Czar?
(a) Association of American Drug Reduction Policy.
(b) Association of National Drug Reduction Policy.
(c) Office of National Drug Control Policy.
(d) Office of American Drug Control Policy.
3. A high school textbook refers to what document as "a living document"?
(a) The U.S. Constitution.
(b) The Magna Charta.
(c) The Monroe Doctrine.
(d) The Declaration of Independence.
4. What was O'Rourke's family's socioeconomic status when he was a child?
(a) O'Rourke grew up in a poor family.
(b) O'Rourke grew up in a middle-class family.
(c) O'Rourke grew up in poverty and lived in government housing.
(d) O'Rourke grew up in a very wealthy family.
5. What political party did Lloyd Bentsen belong to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug does O'Rourke says makes a person think they can fly?
2. What is the "largest part" of the USS Mobile Bay, according to the author?
3. How many poor people does O'Rourke say ask him for money on his way to work every day?
4. Who equated a belief in government to the "vapid" peace of mind experienced by church goers?
5. O'Rourke recalls shadowing whom for a day?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)