|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through At Home in the Parliament of Whores.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does O'Rourke believe increases bureaucracy by forcing the government to address people's frivolous complaints?
(a) Print media.
(b) Consumer advocates.
(c) Advertising agencies.
(d) Angry parents.
2. What does O'Rourke describe as an organism whose sole purpose is to aggrandize those in power?
(a) The American government.
(b) The media.
(c) The election process.
(d) The White House.
3. When all the delegates from both political parties get together, O'Rourke says they act like what club members?
4. O'Rourke considers what war to be a rare success for U.S. foreign policy?
(a) The war in Afghanistan.
(b) The war in Japan.
(c) The war in Vietnam.
(d) The war in Korea.
5. What year did the Seneca Falls Declaration take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that every meal will be?
2. O'Rourke argues against military cuts by talking about the happiness that every male feels when he has what in his hand?
3. How long did Jesse Jackson propose to freeze military spending?
4. For what state was Dukakis governor in 1988?
5. What name did O'Rourke give to the town where he lives?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)