|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Our Government: What the Fuck Do They Do All Day and Why Does it Cost So Goddamned Much Money? pp. 154-184.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was George H. W. Bush's running mate in 1988?
(a) Al Gore.
(b) Dan Quayle.
(c) Dick Cheney.
(d) Bob Dole.
2. O'Rourke visits Afghanistan to cover the expected fall of what city?
(c) Mazar-e Sharif.
3. What amendment is in question as to whether or not it allows flag burning in protest?
4. What does O'Rourke say is the term for an interview where "you didn't come here and I didn't say this"?
(a) "On background."
(b) "Nameless and faceless."
(d) "Off the record."
5. O'Rourke visited a government-owned complex with windows made of what?
(c) Bullet-proof glass.
(d) Thin plastic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does O'Rourke believe increases bureaucracy by forcing the government to address people's frivolous complaints?
2. For how long has an agency had to deal with "runaway car syndrome"?
3. What are the speeches called that O'Rourke heard when he visited the House of Representatives?
4. Which Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gives women the right to vote?
5. Who said Dan Quayle was "well-informed, intelligent, candid and engaging"?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)