|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Our Government: What the Fuck Do They Do All Day and Why Does it Cost So Goddamned Much Money? pp. 154-184.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the foundation that set up a commission to study the electorate?
(a) The John and Mary R. Markle Foundation.
(b) The Jeffrey and Michelle H. Wright Foundation.
(c) The Thomas and Ruth B. Martin Foundation.
(d) The Roy and Carol G. Bernath Foundation.
2. How many letters from citizens does O'Rourke imagine that congressmen receive each year?
(a) A few thousand.
(b) Tens of thousands.
(c) Hundreds of thousands.
(d) More than one million.
3. Who was the deputy chief of the DEA's Cocaine Desk when O'Rourke's book was written?
(a) Mario Perez.
(b) Mike Mullin.
(c) Dick Weart.
(d) Albert Collins.
4. George H. W. Bush ran his presidential campaign on the idea that he would be a second helping of whom?
(a) Gerald Ford.
(b) Jimmy Carter.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) Richard Nixon.
5. O'Rourke characterizes what group in Afghanistan as deceitful, violent and self-serving?
(a) The Afghan National Army.
(b) The Taliban.
(c) The Mujahedeen.
Short Answer Questions
1. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that all pants will be made of?
2. Which of the Amendments to the U.S. Constitution deals with the right to "keep and bear arms"?
3. Who told the Atlanta convention that the Democratic party "needs both its left wing and its right wing to fly"?
4. Who is the author of "The Power Game: How Washington Works"?
5. O'Rourke says that because America is the richest nation on Earth, he is surprised to still what on the street?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)