|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Our Government: What the Fuck Do They Do All Day and Why Does it Cost So Goddamned Much Money? pp. 154-184.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was George H. W. Bush's first Drug Czar?
(a) William Bennet.
(b) Barry McCaffrey.
(c) John P. Walters.
(d) Lee P. Brown.
2. What nickname did O'Rourke give to the generation that was attending high school when his book was written?
(a) The Pizza Hut generation.
(b) The "Sesame Street" generation.
(c) The "Home Alone" generation.
(d) The Coca-Cola generation.
3. Who does O'Rourke say has more respect for their electorates than the American parties?
(a) The Soviet Communists.
(b) The Iranian republic.
(c) The Saudi Arabian absolute monarchy.
(d) The Canadian constitutional monarchy.
4. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that every meal will be?
(a) Fried rice.
(c) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) Fried chicken.
5. O'Rourke is critical of the way that America hands over food, aid and arms to what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Rourke recalls shadowing whom for a day?
2. What drug does O'Rourke says makes one acutely sensitive?
3. Who was the keynote speaker at the 1988 Democratic convention?
4. Who was the attorney for the plaintiffs during a flag desecration case?
5. O'Rourke comes to the conclusion that the president's role in government is largely symbolic after referring to a presidential agenda from what day?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)