|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Our Government: What the Fuck Do They Do All Day and Why Does it Cost So Goddamned Much Money? pp. 123-154.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "The Power Game: How Washington Works"?
(a) Jeffrey Simpson.
(b) Hedrick Smith.
(c) Christopher Cav.
(d) Jason Watson.
2. Who said, "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die"?
(a) Mike Mullin.
(b) Mario Perez.
(c) Dick Weart.
(d) Albert Collins.
3. Who was George H. W. Bush's running mate in 1988?
(a) Dick Cheney.
(b) Bob Dole.
(c) Dan Quayle.
(d) Al Gore.
4. At what time of day was George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget finally "hammered out"?
(a) 6:58 a.m.
(b) 10:15 p.m.
(c) 5:07 a.m.
(d) 3:47 p.m.
5. What city does O'Rourke describe as having a climate like the inside of a locked van in the Sahara?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the director of the Office of Management and Budget at the time George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget was completed?
2. Who was the attorney for the plaintiffs during a flag desecration case?
3. O'Rourke began the sub-section "Attack of the Midget Vote-suckers" by comparing conventions to what?
4. Who told the Atlanta convention that the Democratic party "needs both its left wing and its right wing to fly"?
5. Who does O'Rourke believe increases bureaucracy by forcing the government to address people's frivolous complaints?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)