|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Our Government: What the Fuck Do They Do All Day and Why Does it Cost So Goddamned Much Money? pp. 123-154.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What platform did O'Rourke say the Republicans ran on in 1988?
(a) The Over-Protective-Brother platform.
(b) The Sweet-Little-Sister platform.
(c) The Strict-Mom platform.
(d) The Dumb-Old-Dad platform.
2. How many letters to a congressman did O'Rourke read before finding a thank-you letter?
3. How many letters from citizens does O'Rourke imagine that congressmen receive each year?
(a) Tens of thousands.
(b) Hundreds of thousands.
(c) A few thousand.
(d) More than one million.
4. What exists in a state of perpetual failure because motion is valued above direction and achievement?
(a) The Democratic party.
(b) The Republican party.
(d) Social security.
5. Who was George H. W. Bush's first Drug Czar?
(a) Lee P. Brown.
(b) Barry McCaffrey.
(c) John P. Walters.
(d) William Bennet.
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Rourke says the Republican convention had the intellectual content of song lyrics by what band?
2. Who was the director of the Office of Management and Budget at the time George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget was completed?
3. O'Rourke says that the 1988 presidential candidates were less well chosen than whom?
4. How often does the press secretary at the White House field questions from the media?
5. What king did O'Rourke compare the U.S. government to?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)