|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Our Government: What the Fuck Do They Do All Day and Why Does it Cost So Goddamned Much Money? pp. 123-154.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke visited a government-owned complex with windows made of what?
(b) Thin plastic.
(d) Bullet-proof glass.
2. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that all pants will be made of?
3. What is the name of the alliance that O'Rourke traveled into poverty stricken areas with?
(b) Phoenix House.
(c) Times Square.
(d) Guardian Angels.
4. O'Rourke says that because America is the richest nation on Earth, he is surprised to still what on the street?
5. On what day was George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget finally "hammered out"?
(a) October 27, 1990.
(b) July 3, 1990.
(c) January 2, 1991.
(d) August 15, 1990.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did O'Rourke blame for the poor state of the nation?
2. Where was the Republican convention held that O'Rourke attended?
3. For which presidential candidate did Lloyd Bentsen run as vice president?
4. What drug does O'Rourke says makes one acutely sensitive?
5. Who was the attorney for the plaintiffs during a flag desecration case?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)