|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Our Government: What the Fuck Do They Do All Day and Why Does it Cost So Goddamned Much Money? pp. 123-154.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many poor people does O'Rourke say live in the U.S.?
(a) 45 million.
(b) 32.5 million.
(c) 12.4 million.
(d) 24.2 million.
2. What drug does O'Rourke says makes a person think they can fly?
3. What was the name of the foundation that set up a commission to study the electorate?
(a) The John and Mary R. Markle Foundation.
(b) The Jeffrey and Michelle H. Wright Foundation.
(c) The Thomas and Ruth B. Martin Foundation.
(d) The Roy and Carol G. Bernath Foundation.
4. O'Rourke says using crack cocaine makes one feel like whom?
(b) Arnold Schwarzenegger.
(c) Bruce Willis.
(d) Bret Michaels.
5. What does O'Rourke say is the term for an interview where "you didn't come here and I didn't say this"?
(a) "On background."
(c) "Off the record."
(d) "Nameless and faceless."
Short Answer Questions
1. What senator said "A lot more of whatever needs doing needs to be done--let's spend, spend, spend" in response to the war on drugs?
2. What year was it when O'Rourke attended the Democratic and Republican political conventions?
3. At what time of day was George H. W. Bush's 1991 budget finally "hammered out"?
4. Who said Dan Quayle was "well-informed, intelligent, candid and engaging"?
5. What is the name of the alliance that O'Rourke traveled into poverty stricken areas with?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)