|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Branches of Government: Money, Television and Bullshit, pp. 85-108.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the Amendments to the U.S. Constitution deals with the right to "keep and bear arms"?
(a) The 9th.
(b) The 2nd.
(c) The 3rd.
(d) The 14th.
2. Who said Dan Quayle was "well-informed, intelligent, candid and engaging"?
(a) Piers Morgan.
(b) Joseph Pulitzer.
(c) Jim Bellows.
(d) Morton Kondracke.
3. During the convention, O'Rourke says both Democrats and Republicans act like mindless fans of what?
(a) The Beatles.
(b) Rock music.
(c) Science fiction.
4. O'Rourke revealed that congressmen use what items that offer a summary of a proposed bill?
(a) A "cheat card."
(b) A "cheat sheet."
(c) An "info guide."
(d) An "info sheet."
5. What city does O'Rourke describe as having a climate like the inside of a locked van in the Sahara?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long has an agency had to deal with "runaway car syndrome"?
2. What Audi model does O'Rourke say was deemed unsafe because of "runaway car syndrome"?
3. O'Rourke jokingly compared the political conventions to a special-occasion event, with whom in the broadcast booth?
4. O'Rourke comes to the conclusion that the president's role in government is largely symbolic after referring to a presidential agenda from what day?
5. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that every meal will be?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)