|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Branches of Government: Money, Television and Bullshit, pp. 85-108.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What platform did O'Rourke say the Republicans ran on in 1988?
(a) The Over-Protective-Brother platform.
(b) The Dumb-Old-Dad platform.
(c) The Strict-Mom platform.
(d) The Sweet-Little-Sister platform.
2. During the convention, O'Rourke says both Democrats and Republicans act like mindless fans of what?
(b) The Beatles.
(c) Science fiction.
(d) Rock music.
3. What political party did Lloyd Bentsen belong to?
4. What does O'Rourke say is the term for an interview where "you didn't come here and I didn't say this"?
(a) "On background."
(c) "Nameless and faceless."
(d) "Off the record."
5. What amendment is in question as to whether or not it allows flag burning in protest?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what state was Dukakis governor in 1988?
2. What was Dukakis' wife named?
3. What nickname did O'Rourke give to the generation that was attending high school when his book was written?
4. In what year did a flag desecration case take place?
5. How often does the press secretary at the White House field questions from the media?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)