|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Branches of Government: Money, Television and Bullshit, pp. 49-65.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What platform did O'Rourke say the Republicans ran on in 1988?
(a) The Strict-Mom platform.
(b) The Dumb-Old-Dad platform.
(c) The Sweet-Little-Sister platform.
(d) The Over-Protective-Brother platform.
2. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say will be the only thing on the shelves at libraries?
(a) Murder mystery novels.
(b) Diet and workout books.
(c) Comic books.
3. O'Rourke points out that the manual for what automobile is 4 times as long as the U.S. Constitution?
(a) Ford Mustang.
(b) Toyota Camry.
(c) Chevrolet Camero.
(d) Dodge Neon.
4. How did O'Rourke describe Reagan's social programs?
(b) Luke warm.
5. O'Rourke began the sub-section "Attack of the Midget Vote-suckers" by comparing conventions to what?
(a) High school reunions.
(c) Cheerleading competitions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does O'Rourke describe a day when Congress is not even in session?
2. What is the name of the group of journalists who ask questions and take photos at the White House?
3. During the convention, O'Rourke says both Democrats and Republicans act like mindless fans of what?
4. Who does O'Rourke say has more respect for their electorates than the American parties?
5. Where was the Republican convention held that O'Rourke attended?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)