|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Branches of Government: Money, Television and Bullshit, pp. 49-65.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the presidential candidate for the Republicans when O'Rourke visited the political conventions of both parties?
2. How many letters from citizens does O'Rourke imagine that congressmen receive each year?
(a) More than one million.
(b) A few thousand.
(c) Tens of thousands.
(d) Hundreds of thousands.
3. Who does O'Rourke say has more respect for their electorates than the American parties?
(a) The Iranian republic.
(b) The Saudi Arabian absolute monarchy.
(c) The Soviet Communists.
(d) The Canadian constitutional monarchy.
4. Who was the solicitor general during a flag desecration case?
(a) Charles Fried.
(b) Rex E. Lee.
(c) Thurgood Marshall.
(d) Kenneth Starr.
5. How often does the press secretary at the White House field questions from the media?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Every other day.
(d) Once a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the textbook that O'Rourke criticized for being boring?
2. Which of the Amendments to the U.S. Constitution deals with the right to "keep and bear arms"?
3. What was Dukakis' wife named?
4. According to a study by a foundation, what percent of Americans did not know what party Llotd Bentsen was affiliated with during an election?
5. What amendment is in question as to whether or not it allows flag burning in protest?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)