|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Branches of Government: Money, Television and Bullshit, pp. 49-65.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What king did O'Rourke compare the U.S. government to?
(c) Henry V.
(d) George III.
2. What was the name of the foundation that set up a commission to study the electorate?
(a) The Thomas and Ruth B. Martin Foundation.
(b) The Roy and Carol G. Bernath Foundation.
(c) The Jeffrey and Michelle H. Wright Foundation.
(d) The John and Mary R. Markle Foundation.
3. Who did O'Rourke blame for the poor state of the nation?
(a) The Middle East.
(b) The politicians.
(c) The American people.
(d) The media.
4. How long did Jesse Jackson propose to freeze military spending?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Five years.
(d) One year.
5. What party game does O'Rourke liken the American political system to?
(b) Pin the tail on the donkey.
(c) Texas hold 'em.
(d) Spin the bottle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told the Atlanta convention that the Democratic party "needs both its left wing and its right wing to fly"?
2. What is the name of the textbook that O'Rourke criticized for being boring?
3. Who was the presidential candidate for the Republicans when O'Rourke visited the political conventions of both parties?
4. What year was it when O'Rourke attended the Democratic and Republican political conventions?
5. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say will be the only thing on the shelves at libraries?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)