|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Branches of Government: Money, Television and Bullshit, pp. 49-65.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," who does he say that all people will be married to?
(a) Robert Redford.
(b) Bruce Willis.
(c) Brad Pitt.
(d) Mel Gibson.
2. Who was the presidential candidate for the Republicans when O'Rourke visited the political conventions of both parties?
3. O'Rourke revealed that congressmen use what items that offer a summary of a proposed bill?
(a) A "cheat card."
(b) A "cheat sheet."
(c) An "info guide."
(d) An "info sheet."
4. How does O'Rourke describe a day when Congress is not even in session?
5. Who said Dan Quayle was "well-informed, intelligent, candid and engaging"?
(a) Morton Kondracke.
(b) Piers Morgan.
(c) Jim Bellows.
(d) Joseph Pulitzer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What newspaper called Dan Quayle an "avid reader" of "real live books"?
2. Seeing the strange collection of tourists, journalists, and protesters, O'Rourke contemplated that Washington really needs what?
3. Who was the attorney for the plaintiffs during a flag desecration case?
4. O'Rourke presents an unflattering picture of House Democratic efforts to talk environmentalism in advance of what?
5. Who was Dukakis considering as a running mate before he picked Lloyd Bentsen?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)