|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Branches of Government: Money, Television and Bullshit, pp. 49-65.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What king did O'Rourke compare the U.S. government to?
(c) George III.
(d) Henry V.
2. O'Rourke recalls shadowing whom for a day?
(a) A congressman.
(b) A lobbyist.
(c) A president.
(d) A press secretary.
3. How often does the press secretary at the White House field questions from the media?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Twice a day.
(c) Every other day.
(d) Once a day.
4. Who does O'Rourke say has more respect for their electorates than the American parties?
(a) The Iranian republic.
(b) The Canadian constitutional monarchy.
(c) The Soviet Communists.
(d) The Saudi Arabian absolute monarchy.
5. Who told the Atlanta convention that the Democratic party "needs both its left wing and its right wing to fly"?
(a) Michael Dukakis.
(b) Bill Clinton.
(c) George H. W. Bush.
(d) Jesse Jackson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the prophet who warned against a king that would take a 10th of his people's sheep?
2. George H. W. Bush ran his presidential campaign on the idea that he would be a second helping of whom?
3. Who said Dan Quayle was "well-informed, intelligent, candid and engaging"?
4. Who was George H. W. Bush's running mate in 1988?
5. What ball did O'Rourke peek in on where he saw boogying and people playing the electric guitar?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)