|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Three Branches of Government: Money, Television and Bullshit, pp. 49-65.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ball did O'Rourke peek in on where he saw boogying and people playing the electric guitar?
(a) Inaugural Balls.
(b) Young Americans Ball.
(c) Police Atheletic League Ball.
(d) The Magnolia Ball.
2. For which presidential candidate did Lloyd Bentsen run as vice president?
3. Who was the keynote speaker at the 1988 Democratic convention?
(a) Bill Clinton.
(b) Ted Kennedy.
(c) Ann Richards.
(d) Jim Hightower.
4. Who was the attorney for the plaintiffs during a flag desecration case?
5. What exists in a state of perpetual failure because motion is valued above direction and achievement?
(a) The Republican party.
(c) Social security.
(d) The Democratic party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What party game does O'Rourke liken the American political system to?
2. What nickname did O'Rourke give to the generation that was attending high school when his book was written?
3. Which of the Amendments to the U.S. Constitution deals with the right to "keep and bear arms"?
4. In "Only Human in His Own Immortal Way: The President," O'Rourke mocks what Act?
5. What newspaper called Dan Quayle an "avid reader" of "real live books"?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)