|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dictatorship of Boredom, pp. 27-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did O'Rourke predict that there would be an election of significance?
2. O'Rourke says the Republican convention had the intellectual content of song lyrics by what band?
(a) Guns n' Roses.
(b) Van Halen.
(c) White Snake.
3. For what state was Dukakis governor in 1988?
4. What city does O'Rourke describe as having a climate like the inside of a locked van in the Sahara?
5. O'Rourke points out that the manual for what automobile is 4 times as long as the U.S. Constitution?
(a) Dodge Neon.
(b) Ford Mustang.
(c) Toyota Camry.
(d) Chevrolet Camero.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Rourke say the venue where the Democratic convention was held is shaped like?
2. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say will be the only thing on the shelves at libraries?
3. What ball did O'Rourke peek in on where he saw boogying and people playing the electric guitar?
4. For which presidential candidate did Lloyd Bentsen run as vice president?
5. What nickname did O'Rourke give to the generation that was attending high school when his book was written?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)