|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dictatorship of Boredom, pp. 27-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does O'Rourke say has more respect for their electorates than the American parties?
(a) The Iranian republic.
(b) The Saudi Arabian absolute monarchy.
(c) The Soviet Communists.
(d) The Canadian constitutional monarchy.
2. What platform did O'Rourke say the Republicans ran on in 1988?
(a) The Dumb-Old-Dad platform.
(b) The Sweet-Little-Sister platform.
(c) The Over-Protective-Brother platform.
(d) The Strict-Mom platform.
3. What exists in a state of perpetual failure because motion is valued above direction and achievement?
(a) The Republican party.
(c) Social security.
(d) The Democratic party.
4. When all the delegates from both political parties get together, O'Rourke says they act like what club members?
5. What was the name of the prophet who warned against a king that would take a 10th of his people's sheep?
Short Answer Questions
1. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say will be the only thing on the shelves at libraries?
2. According to a study by a foundation, what percent of Americans did not know what party Llotd Bentsen was affiliated with during an election?
3. What does O'Rourke say the venue where the Democratic convention was held is shaped like?
4. Who was Dukakis considering as a running mate before he picked Lloyd Bentsen?
5. What party game does O'Rourke liken the American political system to?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)