|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dictatorship of Boredom, pp. 27-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does O'Rourke say the venue where the Democratic convention was held is shaped like?
(a) A toilet.
(b) A morgue.
(c) A coffin.
(d) A horse.
2. What was the name of the foundation that set up a commission to study the electorate?
(a) The Thomas and Ruth B. Martin Foundation.
(b) The John and Mary R. Markle Foundation.
(c) The Roy and Carol G. Bernath Foundation.
(d) The Jeffrey and Michelle H. Wright Foundation.
3. Who did O'Rourke blame for the poor state of the nation?
(a) The American people.
(b) The Middle East.
(c) The politicians.
(d) The media.
4. O'Rourke points out that the manual for what automobile is 4 times as long as the U.S. Constitution?
(a) Ford Mustang.
(b) Toyota Camry.
(c) Dodge Neon.
(d) Chevrolet Camero.
5. For what state was Dukakis governor in 1988?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gives women the right to vote?
2. Who was the keynote speaker at the 1988 Democratic convention?
3. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that all pants will be made of?
4. What nickname did O'Rourke give to the generation that was attending high school when his book was written?
5. Who equated a belief in government to the "vapid" peace of mind experienced by church goers?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)