|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dictatorship of Boredom, pp. 27-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What exists in a state of perpetual failure because motion is valued above direction and achievement?
(a) The Republican party.
(b) Social security.
(d) The Democratic party.
2. Who did O'Rourke blame for the poor state of the nation?
(a) The American people.
(b) The media.
(c) The Middle East.
(d) The politicians.
3. For what state was Dukakis governor in 1988?
4. What ball did O'Rourke peek in on where he saw boogying and people playing the electric guitar?
(a) Police Atheletic League Ball.
(b) The Magnolia Ball.
(c) Young Americans Ball.
(d) Inaugural Balls.
5. O'Rourke joked that George H. W. Bush donned a costume and went by what name?
(a) The Conservanator.
(c) Mr. Texas.
Short Answer Questions
1. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say will be the only thing on the shelves at libraries?
2. Which Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gives women the right to vote?
3. What was the name of the foundation that set up a commission to study the electorate?
4. Who was the keynote speaker at the 1988 Democratic convention?
5. Who equated a belief in government to the "vapid" peace of mind experienced by church goers?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)