|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dictatorship of Boredom, pp. 27-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For which presidential candidate did Lloyd Bentsen run as vice president?
2. Who was the keynote speaker at the 1988 Democratic convention?
(a) Ted Kennedy.
(b) Bill Clinton.
(c) Ann Richards.
(d) Jim Hightower.
3. A high school textbook refers to what document as "a living document"?
(a) The Monroe Doctrine.
(b) The U.S. Constitution.
(c) The Declaration of Independence.
(d) The Magna Charta.
4. Where was the Republican convention held that O'Rourke attended?
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) New Orleans.
5. O'Rourke jokingly compared the political conventions to a special-occasion event, with whom in the broadcast booth?
(a) Matt Lauer.
(b) Kathy Lee Gifford.
(c) Bryant Gumbel.
(d) Katie Couric.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what state was Dukakis governor in 1988?
2. Who was the presidential candidate for the Republicans when O'Rourke visited the political conventions of both parties?
3. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," who does he say that all people will be married to?
4. What newspaper called Dan Quayle an "avid reader" of "real live books"?
5. Which Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gives women the right to vote?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)