|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dictatorship of Boredom, pp. 27-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Rourke jokingly compared the political conventions to a special-occasion event, with whom in the broadcast booth?
(a) Bryant Gumbel.
(b) Katie Couric.
(c) Matt Lauer.
(d) Kathy Lee Gifford.
2. Who did O'Rourke credit with George H. W. Bush's meteoric rise to popularity?
(a) School teachers.
(b) His overzealous fans.
(c) His wife.
(d) The media.
3. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that every meal will be?
(a) Fried rice.
(c) Fried chicken.
(d) Macaroni and cheese.
4. Who was the presidential candidate for the Republicans when O'Rourke visited the political conventions of both parties?
5. A high school textbook refers to what document as "a living document"?
(a) The Magna Charta.
(b) The Monroe Doctrine.
(c) The Declaration of Independence.
(d) The U.S. Constitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does O'Rourke say has more respect for their electorates than the American parties?
2. Who did O'Rourke blame for the poor state of the nation?
3. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say will be the only thing on the shelves at libraries?
4. Who has a reputation as being the unofficial fourth branch of government?
5. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," who does he say that all people will be married to?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)