|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dictatorship of Boredom, pp. 27-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say will be the only thing on the shelves at libraries?
(a) Comic books.
(b) Murder mystery novels.
(c) Diet and workout books.
2. What year did the Seneca Falls Declaration take place?
3. According to a study by a foundation, what percent of Americans did not know what party Llotd Bentsen was affiliated with during an election?
4. How long did Jesse Jackson propose to freeze military spending?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Four years.
(d) One year.
5. Who does O'Rourke say is the only Democrat who came to the convention with real ideas?
(a) Lloyd Bentsen.
(b) Michael Dukakis.
(c) Bill Clinton.
(d) Jesse Jackson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What exists in a state of perpetual failure because motion is valued above direction and achievement?
2. What party game does O'Rourke liken the American political system to?
3. Who was the presidential candidate for the Democrats when O'Rourke visited the political conventions of both parties?
4. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that every meal will be?
5. What king did O'Rourke compare the U.S. government to?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)