|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dictatorship of Boredom, pp. 27-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a study by a foundation, what percent of Americans did not know what party Llotd Bentsen was affiliated with during an election?
2. Who has a reputation as being the unofficial fourth branch of government?
(a) The American people.
(b) The residents of Washington, D.C.
(c) The Green party.
(d) The media.
3. Which of the Amendments to the U.S. Constitution deals with the right to "keep and bear arms"?
(a) The 3rd.
(b) The 2nd.
(c) The 14th.
(d) The 9th.
4. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that all pants will be made of?
5. Who told the Atlanta convention that the Democratic party "needs both its left wing and its right wing to fly"?
(a) Bill Clinton.
(b) George H. W. Bush.
(c) Michael Dukakis.
(d) Jesse Jackson.
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Rourke joked that George H. W. Bush donned a costume and went by what name?
2. What was the name of the foundation that set up a commission to study the electorate?
3. How did O'Rourke describe Reagan's social programs?
4. What party game does O'Rourke liken the American political system to?
5. What was the name of the prophet who warned against a king that would take a 10th of his people's sheep?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)