|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dictatorship of Boredom, pp. 15-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the prophet who warned against a king that would take a 10th of his people's sheep?
2. O'Rourke points out that the manual for what automobile is 4 times as long as the U.S. Constitution?
(a) Toyota Camry.
(b) Ford Mustang.
(c) Chevrolet Camero.
(d) Dodge Neon.
3. What year did the Seneca Falls Declaration take place?
4. Where was the Republican convention held that O'Rourke attended?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(c) New Orleans.
5. Who was the presidential candidate for the Republicans when O'Rourke visited the political conventions of both parties?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told the Atlanta convention that the Democratic party "needs both its left wing and its right wing to fly"?
2. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," who does he say that all people will be married to?
3. According to a study by a foundation, what percent of Americans did not know what party Llotd Bentsen was affiliated with during an election?
4. What political party did Lloyd Bentsen belong to?
5. What nickname did O'Rourke give to the generation that was attending high school when his book was written?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)