|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dictatorship of Boredom, pp. 15-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does O'Rourke say is the only Democrat who came to the convention with real ideas?
(a) Lloyd Bentsen.
(b) Bill Clinton.
(c) Jesse Jackson.
(d) Michael Dukakis.
2. What was the name of the prophet who warned against a king that would take a 10th of his people's sheep?
3. O'Rourke points out that the manual for what automobile is 4 times as long as the U.S. Constitution?
(a) Ford Mustang.
(b) Chevrolet Camero.
(c) Toyota Camry.
(d) Dodge Neon.
4. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that every meal will be?
(a) Macaroni and cheese.
(c) Fried chicken.
(d) Fried rice.
5. Which Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gives women the right to vote?
(a) The 19th.
(b) The 4th.
(c) The 8th.
(d) The 12th.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did the Seneca Falls Declaration take place?
2. What city does O'Rourke describe as having a climate like the inside of a locked van in the Sahara?
3. What king did O'Rourke compare the U.S. government to?
4. O'Rourke says the Republican convention had the intellectual content of song lyrics by what band?
5. What party game does O'Rourke liken the American political system to?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)