|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dictatorship of Boredom, pp. 15-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told the Atlanta convention that the Democratic party "needs both its left wing and its right wing to fly"?
(a) Bill Clinton.
(b) Jesse Jackson.
(c) Michael Dukakis.
(d) George H. W. Bush.
2. What is the name of the textbook that O'Rourke criticized for being boring?
(a) "American Civics."
(b) "The United States and You."
(c) "American Government."
(d) "The House and the Whip."
3. What year was it when O'Rourke attended the Democratic and Republican political conventions?
4. Who was the presidential candidate for the Democrats when O'Rourke visited the political conventions of both parties?
5. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that every meal will be?
(b) Fried rice.
(c) Fried chicken.
(d) Macaroni and cheese.
Short Answer Questions
1. A high school textbook refers to what document as "a living document"?
2. Which of the Amendments to the U.S. Constitution deals with the right to "keep and bear arms"?
3. What was the name of the prophet who warned against a king that would take a 10th of his people's sheep?
4. Who was the keynote speaker at the 1988 Democratic convention?
5. How long did Jesse Jackson propose to freeze military spending?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)