|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dictatorship of Boredom, pp. 15-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," who does he say that all people will be married to?
(a) Brad Pitt.
(b) Robert Redford.
(c) Bruce Willis.
(d) Mel Gibson.
2. What was the name of the prophet who warned against a king that would take a 10th of his people's sheep?
3. What city does O'Rourke describe as having a climate like the inside of a locked van in the Sahara?
4. What king did O'Rourke compare the U.S. government to?
(c) George III.
(d) Henry V.
5. How long did Jesse Jackson propose to freeze military spending?
(a) Four years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does O'Rourke say has more respect for their electorates than the American parties?
2. Who referred to lukewarm political relationships as "kiss on the lips but no tongue"?
3. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that all pants will be made of?
4. What political party did Lloyd Bentsen belong to?
5. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that every meal will be?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)