|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dictatorship of Boredom, pp. 15-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the textbook that O'Rourke criticized for being boring?
(a) "The United States and You."
(b) "American Government."
(c) "American Civics."
(d) "The House and the Whip."
2. O'Rourke says the Republican convention had the intellectual content of song lyrics by what band?
(a) Guns n' Roses.
(c) Van Halen.
(d) White Snake.
3. Who does O'Rourke say is the only Democrat who came to the convention with real ideas?
(a) Michael Dukakis.
(b) Jesse Jackson.
(c) Bill Clinton.
(d) Lloyd Bentsen.
4. Who does O'Rourke say has more respect for their electorates than the American parties?
(a) The Iranian republic.
(b) The Saudi Arabian absolute monarchy.
(c) The Soviet Communists.
(d) The Canadian constitutional monarchy.
5. George H. W. Bush ran his presidential campaign on the idea that he would be a second helping of whom?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Jimmy Carter.
(d) Gerald Ford.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname did O'Rourke give to the generation that was attending high school when his book was written?
2. For which presidential candidate did Lloyd Bentsen run as vice president?
3. Where was the Republican convention held that O'Rourke attended?
4. What was the name of the prophet who warned against a king that would take a 10th of his people's sheep?
5. Who told the Atlanta convention that the Democratic party "needs both its left wing and its right wing to fly"?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)