|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dictatorship of Boredom, pp. 15-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the presidential candidate for the Democrats when O'Rourke visited the political conventions of both parties?
2. Who is the author of "The Power Game: How Washington Works"?
(a) Jeffrey Simpson.
(b) Christopher Cav.
(c) Jason Watson.
(d) Hedrick Smith.
3. O'Rourke says the Republican convention had the intellectual content of song lyrics by what band?
(b) Van Halen.
(c) Guns n' Roses.
(d) White Snake.
4. Who was the keynote speaker at the 1988 Democratic convention?
(a) Ted Kennedy.
(b) Ann Richards.
(c) Bill Clinton.
(d) Jim Hightower.
5. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that every meal will be?
(a) Macaroni and cheese.
(b) Fried chicken.
(c) Fried rice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the textbook that O'Rourke criticized for being boring?
2. Which Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gives women the right to vote?
3. Which of the Amendments to the U.S. Constitution deals with the right to "keep and bear arms"?
4. What party game does O'Rourke liken the American political system to?
5. According to a study by a foundation, what percent of Americans did not know what party Llotd Bentsen was affiliated with during an election?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)