|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dictatorship of Boredom, pp. 27-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gives women the right to vote?
(a) The 4th.
(b) The 19th.
(c) The 12th.
(d) The 8th.
2. Who did O'Rourke credit with George H. W. Bush's meteoric rise to popularity?
(a) His wife.
(b) School teachers.
(c) His overzealous fans.
(d) The media.
3. George H. W. Bush ran his presidential campaign on the idea that he would be a second helping of whom?
(a) Jimmy Carter.
(b) Gerald Ford.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) Richard Nixon.
4. What platform did O'Rourke say the Republicans ran on in 1988?
(a) The Sweet-Little-Sister platform.
(b) The Strict-Mom platform.
(c) The Over-Protective-Brother platform.
(d) The Dumb-Old-Dad platform.
5. For which presidential candidate did Lloyd Bentsen run as vice president?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the presidential candidate for the Republicans when O'Rourke visited the political conventions of both parties?
2. Where was the Republican convention held that O'Rourke attended?
3. When did O'Rourke predict that there would be an election of significance?
4. What party game does O'Rourke liken the American political system to?
5. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," who does he say that all people will be married to?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)