|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dictatorship of Boredom, pp. 27-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Dukakis considering as a running mate before he picked Lloyd Bentsen?
(a) Danny Ortega.
(b) Bill Clinton.
(c) Barrack Obama.
(d) Al Gore.
2. Which Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gives women the right to vote?
(a) The 12th.
(b) The 4th.
(c) The 8th.
(d) The 19th.
3. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that every meal will be?
(a) Fried rice.
(c) Fried chicken.
(d) Macaroni and cheese.
4. Who has a reputation as being the unofficial fourth branch of government?
(a) The Green party.
(b) The American people.
(c) The media.
(d) The residents of Washington, D.C.
5. What ball did O'Rourke peek in on where he saw boogying and people playing the electric guitar?
(a) Police Atheletic League Ball.
(b) The Magnolia Ball.
(c) Young Americans Ball.
(d) Inaugural Balls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What exists in a state of perpetual failure because motion is valued above direction and achievement?
2. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say will be the only thing on the shelves at libraries?
3. Who equated a belief in government to the "vapid" peace of mind experienced by church goers?
4. A high school textbook refers to what document as "a living document"?
5. What party game does O'Rourke liken the American political system to?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)