|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dictatorship of Boredom, pp. 27-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dukakis' wife named?
2. Where was the Republican convention held that O'Rourke attended?
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) New Orleans.
3. O'Rourke says that the 1988 presidential candidates were less well chosen than whom?
(a) Harvard law applicants.
(b) Prom kings and queens.
(c) Miss America contestants.
(d) Holiday cashiers at Walmart.
4. Who was the presidential candidate for the Democrats when O'Rourke visited the political conventions of both parties?
5. What does O'Rourke say the venue where the Democratic convention was held is shaped like?
(a) A horse.
(b) A morgue.
(c) A toilet.
(d) A coffin.
Short Answer Questions
1. George H. W. Bush ran his presidential campaign on the idea that he would be a second helping of whom?
2. Who was Dukakis considering as a running mate before he picked Lloyd Bentsen?
3. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say will be the only thing on the shelves at libraries?
4. O'Rourke says the Republican convention had the intellectual content of song lyrics by what band?
5. When O'Rourke paints a cynical picture of the concept of "majority rule," what does he say that all pants will be made of?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)