|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dictatorship of Boredom, pp. 27-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A high school textbook refers to what document as "a living document"?
(a) The Magna Charta.
(b) The U.S. Constitution.
(c) The Declaration of Independence.
(d) The Monroe Doctrine.
2. During the convention, O'Rourke says both Democrats and Republicans act like mindless fans of what?
(a) Science fiction.
(b) Rock music.
(c) The Beatles.
3. Who does O'Rourke say has more respect for their electorates than the American parties?
(a) The Soviet Communists.
(b) The Saudi Arabian absolute monarchy.
(c) The Iranian republic.
(d) The Canadian constitutional monarchy.
4. Who was George H. W. Bush's running mate in 1988?
(a) Bob Dole.
(b) Dick Cheney.
(c) Dan Quayle.
(d) Al Gore.
5. What is the name of the textbook that O'Rourke criticized for being boring?
(a) "The United States and You."
(b) "American Civics."
(c) "American Government."
(d) "The House and the Whip."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gives women the right to vote?
2. O'Rourke says that the 1988 presidential candidates were less well chosen than whom?
3. For what state was Dukakis governor in 1988?
4. Where was the Republican convention held that O'Rourke attended?
5. Who did O'Rourke blame for the poor state of the nation?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)