|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Our Government: What the Fuck Do They Do All Day and Why Does it Cost So Goddamned Much Money? pp. 109-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the speeches called that O'Rourke heard when he visited the House of Representatives?
(a) Three minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) One minutes.
(d) Five minutes.
2. For how long has an agency had to deal with "runaway car syndrome"?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 20 years.
3. Who equated a belief in government to the "vapid" peace of mind experienced by church goers?
(a) Frank Levin.
(b) Johnny Cochran.
(c) Clarence Darrow.
(d) Gloria Allred.
4. What television program ran a story about "runaway car syndrome" in an Audi model?
(a) "NBC Nightly News."
(b) "60 Minutes."
(d) "The Today Show."
5. O'Rourke revealed that congressmen use what items that offer a summary of a proposed bill?
(a) An "info guide."
(b) A "cheat sheet."
(c) A "cheat card."
(d) An "info sheet."
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Rourke recalls shadowing whom for a day?
2. Where was the Republican convention held that O'Rourke attended?
3. What does O'Rourke say is the term for an interview where "you didn't come here and I didn't say this"?
4. What city does O'Rourke describe as having a climate like the inside of a locked van in the Sahara?
5. Who has a reputation as being the unofficial fourth branch of government?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)