|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Our Government: What the Fuck Do They Do All Day and Why Does it Cost So Goddamned Much Money? pp. 109-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ball did O'Rourke peek in on where he saw boogying and people playing the electric guitar?
(a) Young Americans Ball.
(b) Police Atheletic League Ball.
(c) The Magnolia Ball.
(d) Inaugural Balls.
2. When did O'Rourke predict that there would be an election of significance?
3. What does O'Rourke describe as an organism whose sole purpose is to aggrandize those in power?
(a) The media.
(b) The American government.
(c) The White House.
(d) The election process.
4. O'Rourke says the hysteria over drugs in the middle class could be the product of what?
(a) A corrupt prison system.
5. O'Rourke says the middle class has no reason to be concerned about what drug?
(a) Crack cocaine.
(b) Crystal meth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said, "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die"?
2. O'Rourke says that the 1988 presidential candidates were less well chosen than whom?
3. In what year did a flag desecration case take place?
4. Who was the deputy chief of the DEA's Cocaine Desk when O'Rourke's book was written?
5. O'Rourke comes to the conclusion that the president's role in government is largely symbolic after referring to a presidential agenda from what day?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)