|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Our Government: What the Fuck Do They Do All Day and Why Does it Cost So Goddamned Much Money? pp. 109-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ball did O'Rourke peek in on where he saw boogying and people playing the electric guitar?
(a) Young Americans Ball.
(b) Inaugural Balls.
(c) Police Atheletic League Ball.
(d) The Magnolia Ball.
2. Who told the Atlanta convention that the Democratic party "needs both its left wing and its right wing to fly"?
(a) Bill Clinton.
(b) Michael Dukakis.
(c) Jesse Jackson.
(d) George H. W. Bush.
3. Who was the solicitor general during a flag desecration case?
(a) Thurgood Marshall.
(b) Rex E. Lee.
(c) Kenneth Starr.
(d) Charles Fried.
4. O'Rourke recalls spending an evening in what police department?
(a) The Los Angeles police department.
(b) The Atlanta police department.
(c) The New York police department.
(d) The Washington, DC police department.
5. Where was the Republican convention held that O'Rourke attended?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Dukakis considering as a running mate before he picked Lloyd Bentsen?
2. Who has a reputation as being the unofficial fourth branch of government?
3. O'Rourke says that the 1988 presidential candidates were less well chosen than whom?
4. For how long has an agency had to deal with "runaway car syndrome"?
5. What exists in a state of perpetual failure because motion is valued above direction and achievement?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)