|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Our Government: What the Fuck Do They Do All Day and Why Does it Cost So Goddamned Much Money? pp. 109-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the presidential candidate for the Republicans when O'Rourke visited the political conventions of both parties?
2. What year was it when O'Rourke attended the Democratic and Republican political conventions?
3. How often does the press secretary at the White House field questions from the media?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Twice a day.
(c) Once a day.
(d) Every other day.
4. Where was the Republican convention held that O'Rourke attended?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(d) New Orleans.
5. During the convention, O'Rourke says both Democrats and Republicans act like mindless fans of what?
(a) Science fiction.
(c) Rock music.
(d) The Beatles.
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Rourke recalls spending an evening in what police department?
2. What drug does O'Rourke say made kids psychotic?
3. Who has a reputation as being the unofficial fourth branch of government?
4. What is the name of the agency that dealt with an outbreak of "runaway car syndrome"?
5. Who was Dukakis considering as a running mate before he picked Lloyd Bentsen?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)