|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Our Government: What the Fuck Do They Do All Day and Why Does it Cost So Goddamned Much Money? pp. 154-184.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Operation Just Cause, O'Rourke was disgusted by the media's hysteria over what?
(a) Racial slurs said by soldiers.
(b) Illnesses being brought back to the U.S.
(c) Collateral damage.
(d) The use of weapons in a war.
2. What is the name of the agency that dealt with an outbreak of "runaway car syndrome"?
(a) Federal Interstate Traffic Safety Agency.
(b) Federal Highway Traffic Safety Agency.
(c) National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
(d) National Interstate Traffic Safety Administration.
3. How does O'Rourke feel when he walks through a crowded, third-world bazaar in Afghanistan and sees the free market in action?
4. What was the deadline for the last Soviet troops to be withdrawn from Afghanistan?
(a) January, 2 1989.
(b) February 15, 1989.
(c) December 27, 1988.
(d) March 12, 1989.
5. How many pages was a government study released on "runaway car syndrome"?
Short Answer Questions
1. O'Rourke visits Afghanistan to cover the expected fall of what city?
2. Soldiers told about fighting in Panama in what magazine?
3. Who did O'Rourke blame for the poor state of the nation?
4. In what year did a national newspaper print a story about "runaway car syndrome"?
5. In a disclaimer to the section, "Defense Policy: Cry 'Havoc!' and Let Slip the Hogs of Peace," O'Rourke says he now feels that what war may prove profitable?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)