|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time this book was written, about how many asteroids were known to have paths that take them close to the Earth?
2. Sagan says that the moon was once understood as a symbol of which of the following?
(c) The unattainable.
3. When does Sagan think that the human race will be "on its way"?
(a) When we begin living in space.
(b) When we reach another star.
(c) When we make contact with another intelligent species.
(d) When we begin colonizing other planets.
4. What country does Sagan believe is best suited for undertaking a terraforming effort?
(a) The European Union.
(c) The United States.
5. What does Martian soil seem to contain?
(a) Organic material.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the farthest orbital location that humans have ventured to since the last time men went to the moon?
2. Which of the following planets is NOT known to have a ring system?
3. What types of information does SETI analyze?
4. Where does Sagan think it is most likely that life will be found on Mars?
5. About how many channels does SETI search for signs of extraterrestrial communication on?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)