|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how large a percentage of the mass of the total universe does dark matter make up?
(a) Thirty percent.
(b) Ninety percent.
(c) Five percent.
(d) Sixty percent.
2. What process would be critical to terraforming Mars?
(a) Ozone catalyzing.
(c) The Turing effect.
(d) The greenhouse cycle.
3. What happens to the number of asteroids and comets in the solar system as time goes on?
(a) It remains about the same.
(b) Its change is unknown.
(c) It increases.
(d) It diminishes.
4. It is believed that some of Saturn's rings may eventually form into what?
5. Sagan says that the dark matter that surrounds the Milky Way galaxy takes what shape?
(a) A disk.
(b) A sphere.
(c) A halo.
(d) A column.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sagan suggests that ancient people did not think of the moon as which of the following?
2. Which of the following is one of the moons of Mars?
3. What is the shape of the galaxy closest to the Milky Way?
4. What type of missions does Sagan recommend in order to prepare to deal with Earth-bound asteroids?
5. What was the major result of the Cretaceous-Tertiary Collision?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)