|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sagan discusses in detail a theory that Saturn's rings are caused by what effect?
(a) Ether condensation.
(b) Gravity waves.
(c) Planetary tides.
(d) Cosmic perturbation.
2. How are chunks of Martian rock studied on Earth?
(a) They fall to the Earth.
(b) They are captured in space.
(c) They are simulated with moon rocks.
(d) They are returned by two-way probes.
3. How old are the terrain features generated by Venus' volcanoes?
(a) 2 billion years.
(b) 1 billion years.
(c) 500 million years.
(d) 4 billion years.
4. What hazard from nuclear weapons causes "nuclear winter"?
(a) The erosion of land after plant life is wiped out.
(b) Acid rain.
(c) Smoke particles in the upper atmosphere.
(d) Cloud scattering.
5. Where was NASA's first SETI facility located?
(a) The Sierra Nevada mountain range.
(b) The Appalachian mountain range.
(c) The Mojave desert.
(d) The Nevada salt flats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the acronym for the project within SETI that Sagan worked on?
2. What does Martian soil seem to contain?
3. What is the farthest orbital location that humans have ventured to since the last time men went to the moon?
4. What did Steven Hawking worry about with regard to black holes?
5. Why do some suggest capturing asteroids in Earth orbit?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)