|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a major resource on Mars that makes it viable for "terraforming"?
(a) Calcium deposits.
(c) Carbon dioxide.
2. What planet is the "evening star"?
3. When did the belief that Venus was a "sister planet" to Earth become dispelled?
(a) The mid twentieth century.
(b) The mid nineteenth century.
(c) The early twentieth century.
(d) The late nineteenth century.
4. What process would be critical to terraforming Mars?
(a) The greenhouse cycle.
(b) The Turing effect.
(d) Ozone catalyzing.
5. What type of asteroids does Sagan suggest that men might be able to live inside of?
(a) Ice asteroids.
(b) Short-period asteroids.
(c) Carbon asteroids.
(d) Silicon asteroids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary distinguishing feature that SETI looks for to identify a communication from an intelligent source?
2. Sagan worries about how societies of what type would handle the technology that could stop Earth-bound asteroids?
3. How are chunks of Martian rock studied on Earth?
4. The atmosphere of Venus would best be described as which of the following?
5. Which of the following is one of the moons of Mars?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)