Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the primary way that humans add carbon dioxide to the atmosphere?
(a) Carburetor emissions.
(b) Heavy industry byproducts.
(c) Burning fossil fuels.
(d) Drilling for natural gas and oil.
2. What type of government is Sagan most opposed to?
3. What moon was found to have volcanoes?
4. What is an astronomical unit?
(a) The mean distance between stars.
(b) The radius of the solar system.
(c) The distance that light travels in one minute.
(d) The distance from the sun to the Earth.
5. What does Sagan believe about weapons of mass destruction?
(a) They are a necessary evil.
(b) They must be destroyed.
(c) They should be tightly controlled.
(d) They must never used in anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do some suggest capturing asteroids in Earth orbit?
2. Which of the following planets is NOT known to have a ring system?
3. How does Sagan characterize most of the benefits gleaned from the space programs of the 60s and 70s?
4. What is the primary distinguishing feature that SETI looks for to identify a communication from an intelligent source?
5. The atmosphere of Venus would best be described as which of the following?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)