Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sagan suggests that humans could live and thrive around what unusual type of star?
(a) Brown dwarfs.
(c) Nova nuclei.
(d) White dwarfs.
2. What does Sagan believe about weapons of mass destruction?
(a) They are a necessary evil.
(b) They should be tightly controlled.
(c) They must never used in anger.
(d) They must be destroyed.
3. How old are the terrain features generated by Venus' volcanoes?
(a) 1 billion years.
(b) 500 million years.
(c) 2 billion years.
(d) 4 billion years.
4. Sagan cautions that the beliefs he endorses could lead to an overabundance of what?
5. When does Sagan predict that anti-matter will be mass-manufactured?
(a) The early 21st century.
(b) The 23rd century.
(c) The 22nd century.
(d) They late 21st century.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the acronym for the project within SETI that Sagan worked on?
2. What type of missions does Sagan recommend in order to prepare to deal with Earth-bound asteroids?
3. What type of asteroids does Sagan suggest that men might be able to live inside of?
4. What was the name of the mission that sent the first probes to Venus?
5. When did the belief that Venus was a "sister planet" to Earth become dispelled?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)