Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most important thing that would immediately be apparent to any alien intelligence that found the Voyager probes?
(a) The human DNA sequence.
(b) That the probes were intelligently designed.
(c) The location of Earth.
(d) How to decode the records.
2. What does Neptune's moon have less of compared to Titan?
3. Sagan suggests that throughout history, many have claimed that our species is what?
(c) Essentially good.
4. What is Neptune's largest moon?
5. Who was the first to discover moons around another planet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Neptune's position in the solar system as of the writing of this book?
2. When were the Voyager spacecraft launched?
3. Titan orbits what planet?
4. What other medium was used to express the desire to wander, according to Sagan, as human civilization developed?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the major unknowns that Sagan says he will address in this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the attitude of the Catholic church towards Galileo changed over time?
2. What location in the solar system either have or are believed to have once had volcanoes?
3. What is the problem of perspective in estimating the importance of human beings?
4. What is the purpose of SETI and how does it operate?
5. What does Sagan believe would be necessary for the safety of the human race to be secured?
6. What does Sagan believe black holes have to offer?
7. What would be the first things an alien visitor to Earth would notice about the planet?
8. Briefly describe the progress made to undermine the geocentric theory.
9. What does the image of the "pale blue dot" suggest to Sagan?
10. How did ancient people know about the planets?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)