|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Neptune's moon have less of compared to Titan?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways that early planets may have been made incapable of bearing life?
(a) Being heavily bombarded by meteors.
(b) Falling into the sun.
(c) Being thrown into outer space.
(d) Being pushed into a distant orbit.
3. The Voyager probes found large amounts of what element on Titan?
4. What was Neptune's position in the solar system as of the writing of this book?
(a) It's position was uncertain.
(b) It was last.
(c) It was third to last.
(d) It was the last known planet.
5. Sagan uses what term to describe a theology that requires God to intentionally mislead human scientists?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the major unknowns that Sagan says he will address in this book?
2. As of the writing of this book, how many moons was Uranus known to have?
3. In what century was the geocentric theory conclusively disproved?
4. Which of the following does Sagan NOT cite as evidence for the age of the universe?
5. What does Sagan lament about the study of Titan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Saga say he is optimistic about the "human prospect"?
2. What would be the first things an alien visitor to Earth would notice about the planet?
3. How was Sagan involved in discoveries about Titan?
4. What questions does Sagan say he intends to address in this book?
5. What does Sagan think about the failure of the Voyager probes to find life in the solar system?
6. When this book was written, what was known about planets in other solar systems?
7. What planets had been explored by human beings, at the time of the writing of this book?
8. What was Sagan's involvement in the passage of Mars by the Viking probe?
9. What are the distinguishing characteristics of the planet Uranus?
10. What are the distinguishing characteristics of the moon Titan?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)