|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, To The Sky!, Chapter 22, Tiptoeing Through the Milky Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What astronomical discovery did Galileo make that significantly damaged the geocentric theory?
(a) Gravity moves the planets.
(b) Planets move in ellipses.
(c) Stars are stationary relative to the Earth.
(d) Jupiter has its own moons.
2. Sagan suggests that ancient people did not think of the moon as which of the following?
(a) As a place.
(b) As moving.
(c) As having an opposite side.
(d) As a real object.
3. How many planets were known to ancient people?
4. What type of government is Sagan most opposed to?
5. How likely does Sagan think it is that the records on Voyager will eventually be found?
(a) It is almost impossible.
(b) It is unlikely.
(c) It is almost certain.
(d) It is reasonably likely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Geocentric theory state?
2. What major component of the Voyager craft was threatened in Sagan's plan to take a distant picture of Earth?
3. What characteristic of the atmosphere of Venus was initially impossible to explain?
4. Which of the following planets is NOT known to have a ring system?
5. What was Neptune's position in the solar system as of the writing of this book?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)