|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, To The Sky!, Chapter 22, Tiptoeing Through the Milky Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hazard from nuclear weapons causes "nuclear winter"?
(a) The erosion of land after plant life is wiped out.
(b) Cloud scattering.
(c) Smoke particles in the upper atmosphere.
(d) Acid rain.
2. What planet did Sagan spend a great deal of time studying when an important space probe passed near it in 1976?
3. How fast was Voyager I moving in 1990?
(a) 1,000 mph.
(b) 10,000 mph.
(c) 40,000 mph.
(d) 500 mph.
4. Where does Sagan think it is most likely that life will be found on Mars?
(a) In the ice at the poles.
(b) In the subsurface rock.
(c) In salt caverns.
(d) On the surface.
5. When was Venus first explored by a space probe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sagan expects both Voyager spacecrafts to continue to broadcast data through what year?
2. Sagan discusses in detail a theory that Saturn's rings are caused by what effect?
3. What fault does Sagan admit that science has?
4. At the time of the writing of this book, what is the farthest planet that humans had reached through the use of exploratory probes?
5. What visual resolution would be required to determine the existence of intelligent life on Earth?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)