|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, To The Sky!, Chapter 22, Tiptoeing Through the Milky Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the analogy Sagan makes in Chapter 5 the reader is asked to imagine they are seeing Earth from what perspective?
(a) Very close up.
(b) From a distorted frame of reference.
(c) From an immense distance.
(d) For the first time.
2. What fuel source might be viable within asteroids?
(c) Bacteria byproducts.
(d) Organic solids.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the major unknowns that Sagan says he will address in this book?
(a) Whether or not there is intelligent life on nearby planets.
(b) What humanity's future is.
(c) Why humans should explore space.
(d) How humans can explore space.
4. According to Sagan, how do early Earth and Titan compare?
(a) They are only vaguely related.
(b) They are similar.
(c) They are almost exactly the same.
(d) They are totally different.
5. The atmosphere of Venus would best be described as which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What other medium was used to express the desire to wander, according to Sagan, as human civilization developed?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways that Sagan says life seems to be?
3. Which of the following is NOT a major resource on Mars that makes it viable for "terraforming"?
4. What does Sagan lament about the study of Titan?
5. Einstein's work undermined what concept?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)