|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, To The Sky!, Chapter 22, Tiptoeing Through the Milky Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sagan say is an easy way to visually identify planets?
(a) Their brightness.
(b) Their movements.
(c) Their size.
(d) The color of their atmospheres.
2. What was the major result of the Cretaceous-Tertiary Collision?
(a) The destruction of most plant life on the Earth.
(b) Mass extinction.
(c) An ice age.
(d) Environmental shifts.
3. About how many channels does SETI search for signs of extraterrestrial communication on?
(b) One hundred.
(d) A few hundred.
4. According to Sagan, how profitable is it for a nation to invest in space exploration?
(a) It is not related to a nation's welfare.
(b) It is highly profitable.
(c) It has great benefits in a limited scope.
(d) It has high costs.
5. Sagan suggests that ancient people did not think of the moon as which of the following?
(a) As a place.
(b) As moving.
(c) As a real object.
(d) As having an opposite side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sagan lament about the study of Titan?
2. How old are the terrain features generated by Venus' volcanoes?
3. What process would be critical to terraforming Mars?
4. When did the belief that Venus was a "sister planet" to Earth become dispelled?
5. What does Neptune's moon have less of compared to Titan?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)