|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Gift of Apollo, Chapter 14, Exploring Other Worlds and Protecting This One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5 Sagan asks the reader to imagine that they are which of the following?
(a) An ancient person.
(b) An alien.
(c) An ant.
(d) A time traveler.
2. What characteristic of the atmosphere of Venus was initially impossible to explain?
(a) Its dark spots.
(b) Its heat.
(c) Its high winds.
(d) Its composition.
3. The primary discipline that Sagan argues nations benefit from by investing in space exploration is called which of the following?
(a) Planetary science.
(b) Interstellar surveying.
(c) Gestalt geosurveying.
(d) Atmospheric metrics.
4. As of 1990, how many moons did the Voyager craft explore?
5. According to Sagan, how profitable is it for a nation to invest in space exploration?
(a) It is not related to a nation's welfare.
(b) It has great benefits in a limited scope.
(c) It is highly profitable.
(d) It has high costs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sagan say that philosophy and religion should provide?
2. Many of organic molecules arrived on Earth from what source?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the missions that observed Venus using radar telescopes?
4. What major change have humans made to the environment that would be easily detectable from space?
5. The Voyager probes found large amounts of what element on Titan?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)