|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Among the Moons of Saturn, Chapter 8, The First New Planet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one trait of human beings that Sagan cites as being responsible for our belief in our importance in the universe?
2. The Voyager probes found large amounts of what element on Titan?
3. What concept does Sagan suggest that the image of the "pale blue dot" mocks?
(a) Human achievement.
(b) Human conceit.
4. Many of organic molecules arrived on Earth from what source?
(c) Space dust.
5. Kuiper discovered that Titan has what chemical vital to the development of life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What innovation was crucial in discovering Titan?
2. According to Sagan, which of the following was the most notable historical tool that humans used to explore the world?
3. What is the constituent particle of light?
4. Conditions of what type were extremely important in the creation of early life on Earth?
5. When were the Voyager spacecraft launched?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)