|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Routine Interplanetary Violence, Chapter 18, The Marsh of Camarina.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hazard threatened the Voyager craft in Sagan's plan to take a distant picture of Earth?
(a) Space dust.
(c) Cosmic rays.
(d) The Sun's rays.
2. Many of organic molecules arrived on Earth from what source?
(d) Space dust.
3. What visual resolution would be required to determine that humans are related to the intelligence on Earth?
(a) 10 cm.
(b) 10 meters.
(c) 1 meter.
(d) 1 cm.
4. Why does Sagan say that Mars is a more desirable target for human exploration than the moon?
(a) It is more inhabitable.
(b) It is more like Earth.
(c) It has more to teach.
(d) It has more resources.
5. Kuiper discovered that Titan has what chemical vital to the development of life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What other medium was used to express the desire to wander, according to Sagan, as human civilization developed?
2. CFCs are chemicals that is primarily hazardous to the environment in what area?
3. What innovation was crucial in discovering Titan?
4. What type of Mars mission did President Reagan turn down?
5. What was the major result of the Cretaceous-Tertiary Collision?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)