|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Routine Interplanetary Violence, Chapter 18, The Marsh of Camarina.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways that early planets may have been made incapable of bearing life?
(a) Falling into the sun.
(b) Being thrown into outer space.
(c) Being heavily bombarded by meteors.
(d) Being pushed into a distant orbit.
2. Earth will most likely lose contact with the Voyager probes when what happens?
(a) They pass the troposphere.
(b) Their solar cells die.
(c) Their radio transmitters die.
(d) They reach the Kuiper belt.
3. As of 1990, how many planets did the Voyager craft explore?
4. When does Sagan think that the human race will be "on its way"?
(a) When we begin colonizing other planets.
(b) When we reach another star.
(c) When we begin living in space.
(d) When we make contact with another intelligent species.
5. What fault does Sagan admit that science has?
(a) It is always inaccurate.
(b) It is marred by human perception and arrogance.
(c) It fails to uplift human spirits.
(d) It can only develop theories, not laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. How likely does Sagan think it is that the records on Voyager will eventually be found?
2. What astronomical discovery did Galileo make that significantly damaged the geocentric theory?
3. Sagan suggests that the Apollo missions were primarily about what?
4. What does the Geocentric theory state?
5. What major change have humans made to the environment that would be easily detectable from space?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)