|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Routine Interplanetary Violence, Chapter 18, The Marsh of Camarina.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways that early planets may have been made incapable of bearing life?
(a) Falling into the sun.
(b) Being pushed into a distant orbit.
(c) Being heavily bombarded by meteors.
(d) Being thrown into outer space.
2. What does Sagan suggest that cavemen were usually looking for when they wandered?
(d) New territory.
3. At the time this book was written, how many Mars Observers had been flown successfully?
4. William Herschel, the discoverer of Uranus, had what unusual profession?
5. In what year did humans visit the moon for the last time?
Short Answer Questions
1. The records on the Voyager craft are most like what type of information storage method?
2. What is unusual about Uranus's orientation?
3. When was Venus first explored by a space probe?
4. What is the most important thing that would immediately be apparent to any alien intelligence that found the Voyager probes?
5. What unusual source of energy do the Voyager spacecraft take advantage of?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)