|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Evening and Morning Star, Chapter 12, The Ground Melts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sagan say that philosophy and religion should provide?
2. Sagan suggest that modern religious thinking treats scientific evidence in what way?
(a) It blatantly disregards the evidence.
(b) It intrudes on the evidence.
(c) It makes no statements about the evidence.
(d) It is cautious about the evidence.
3. What moon was found to have volcanoes?
4. What scientist is credited with making the first discoveries that caused problems for the geocentric theory?
5. How likely does Sagan think it is that the records on Voyager will eventually be found?
(a) It is almost certain.
(b) It is reasonably likely.
(c) It is unlikely.
(d) It is almost impossible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Geocentric theory state?
2. Which planet was Voyager 2 intended to visit first?
3. Which of the following does Sagan NOT cite as evidence for the age of the universe?
4. What unusual source of energy do the Voyager spacecraft take advantage of?
5. What is the most important thing that would immediately be apparent to any alien intelligence that found the Voyager probes?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)