|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Gates of the Wonder World Open, Chapter 16, Scaling Heaven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scientist is well-known for writing about the differences between species of animals?
2. At the time this book was written, how many Mars Observers had been flown successfully?
3. What form do the materials that planets emerge from take before they coalesce into proto-planets?
(a) A star.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A sphere.
(d) A disc.
4. What does Neptune posses at its core that Uranus apparently lacks?
(b) A solid surface.
(d) A heat source.
5. Where does Neptune fall in the mission plan for the Voyager probes?
(a) It is their final planetary destination.
(b) They will go into decaying orbit around it.
(c) They will return to the inner solar system after passing it.
(d) They will pass by it only at an immense distance
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Neptune's moon have less of compared to Titan?
2. What are the records on the Voyager craft engraved in?
3. When was Neptune discovered?
4. The Anthropic Principle is divided into two theories that are termed what?
5. Which of the following is one of the moons of Mars?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)