|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Gates of the Wonder World Open, Chapter 16, Scaling Heaven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the records on the Voyager craft engraved in?
2. What does Neptune's moon have less of compared to Titan?
3. Sagan describes humans as which of the following, with respect to their arrival in the universe?
(a) Extreme latecomers.
(b) Middling achievers.
(c) Slow movers.
(d) Early adopters.
4. At the time this book was written, how many Mars Observers had been flown successfully?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways that early planets may have been made incapable of bearing life?
(a) Falling into the sun.
(b) Being heavily bombarded by meteors.
(c) Being pushed into a distant orbit.
(d) Being thrown into outer space.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the constituent particle of light?
2. When does Sagan think that the human race will be "on its way"?
3. Where does Sagan think it is most likely that life will be found on Mars?
4. What type of Mars mission did President Reagan turn down?
5. How does Sagan characterize most of the benefits gleaned from the space programs of the 60s and 70s?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)