Essay Topic 1
Much of Sagan's discussion in this book centers on the idea that human beings are wanderers by nature. He sees this aspect of the human character as obvious and critical.
1) Explain Sagan's conception of how and why early humans were wanderers.
2) Discuss the ways that Sagan believes human beings cope with the desire to wander in the setting of increasingly sedentary civilizations.
3) Discuss some of the endeavors in space exploration described in the book in terms of the human desire to wander and explore.
4) Explain Sagan's opinion about how humans will become nomadic wanderers again in the future.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 1, Sagan discusses in detail the photo of the "pale blue dot" for which he named this book. He regards it as a singular and impressive symbol of man's place in the universe.
1) Describe how the photo of the "pale blue dot" was taken, the...
This section contains 1,651 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)