|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
2. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
3. How did Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi try to start a fight with Padre Pio?
4. In Chapter 23, how did American and British soldiers affect Padre Pio's ministry?
5. Who did Adelaide leave his trust to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of travel was described in Chapter 28?
2. In Chapter 24, what did the author attribute to Padre Pio regarding Italian history?
3. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
4. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
5. In Chapter 14, what was Gerardo Agostino Gemelli's reaction to Padre Pio?
6. How did Padre Pio know Dr. Ricciardi?
7. What happened at San Giovanni Rotondo in World War II that was connected to Padre Pio?
8. What evidence did the author provide to prove that Padre Pio's palms bled for years?
9. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
10. How did Benedetto's absence in Chapter 19 affect Padre Pio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Padre Pio's use of symbolism in his writing. How did the author address this use in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Define what religious devoutness meant through the lens of Padre Pio's life.
Essay Topic 3
Trace the history of Padre Pio's religious importance. Consider extending beyond the time period address in this book to include the last few years as well.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)