|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, why did Archpriest Don Giuseppe begin confessing to Padre Pio?
2. When Pope Pius XI took over, what was his major concern?
3. Who did Adelaide leave his trust to?
4. In Chapter 15, what was Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi accused of?
5. How did Pellegrina die?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what constraints were placed against Padre Pio?
2. In Chapter 24, what did the author attribute to Padre Pio regarding Italian history?
3. In Chapter 17, what changes did the author note about Padre Pio?
4. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
5. How did Padre Pio know Dr. Ricciardi?
6. What type of travel was described in Chapter 28?
7. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
8. In Chapter 29, how did Padre Pio feel about his ability to heal?
9. What happened after Padre Pio was told to transfer to Foggia?
10. In Chapter 25, what problems arose surrounding the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the history of The Home to Relieve Suffering as a representative of Padre Pio's life work.
Essay Topic 2
Trace the history of Padre Pio's religious importance. Consider extending beyond the time period address in this book to include the last few years as well.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Padre Pio's use of symbolism in his writing. How did the author address this use in the text?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)