|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 29, what did a blind man claim Padre Pio did for him?
2. What mood was Padre Pio in when he wrote "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
3. In Chapter 17, what happened to Padre Pio's confessions?
4. In Chapter 27, why did the author described Padre Pio as "charismatic"?
5. In Chapter 25, what month was the hospital built?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 29, how did Padre Pio feel about his ability to heal?
2. What happened after Padre Pio was told to transfer to Foggia?
3. How did Padre Pio know Dr. Ricciardi?
4. In Chapter 26, what was Padre Pio's daily schedule?
5. How did Padre Pio feel about World War II?
6. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
7. What happened at San Giovanni Rotondo in World War II that was connected to Padre Pio?
8. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
9. In Chapter 14, what was Gerardo Agostino Gemelli's reaction to Padre Pio?
10. How did Benedetto's absence in Chapter 19 affect Padre Pio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the role of women in Padre Pio's life and society.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the history of The Home to Relieve Suffering as a representative of Padre Pio's life work.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the rural settings to the urban settings in this book. Consider how the settings affected religious beliefs, actions, and Padre Pio as a person.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)