|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname was Maria Pyle given?
2. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
3. Why did Pope Benedict XV protect Padre Pio during his lifetime?
4. Why did Brunatto threaten to publish a book?
5. When did Padre Pio have a doctor attempt to heal his stigmata wounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
2. In Chapter 14, what made Padre Pio controversial?
3. In Chapter 14, what was Gerardo Agostino Gemelli's reaction to Padre Pio?
4. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
5. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
6. What did Padre Pio say in "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
7. What happened at San Giovanni Rotondo in World War II that was connected to Padre Pio?
8. What evidence did the author provide to prove that Padre Pio's palms bled for years?
9. In Chapter 20, what constraints were placed against Padre Pio?
10. In the 1920s, what was Padre Pio's relationship with the Vatican like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the stigmata and explain the purpose it served in Padre Pio's life. Also consider the controversy surrounding his stigmata and the effects of this.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the role of women in Padre Pio's life and society.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the way Padre Pio's siblings were used by the author to better define Padre Pio. Consider what was revealed during interactions between the siblings and the way that some were used to highlight their similarities and differences.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)