|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, why did the author say Padre Pio often went to bed at 1:30am?
2. In Chapter 27, what varied about Padre Pio according to who was witnessing him?
3. Who did Adelaide leave his trust to?
4. Who did Padre Pio hire as a secretary in Chapter 24?
5. Why did Brunatto threaten to publish a book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
2. In Chapter 29, how did Padre Pio feel about his ability to heal?
3. In Chapter 14, what was Gerardo Agostino Gemelli's reaction to Padre Pio?
4. What type of travel was described in Chapter 28?
5. In the 1920s, what was Padre Pio's relationship with the Vatican like?
6. How did Maria Pyle become associated with Padre Pio?
7. In Chapter 17, what changes did the author note about Padre Pio?
8. In Chapter 26, what was Padre Pio's daily schedule?
9. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
10. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Padre Pio's use of symbolism in his writing. How did the author address this use in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze how the idea of exile was developed throughout this book and its impact on Padre Pio.
Essay Topic 3
What was the role of ecstatics/mysticals in the church? How did Padre Pio compare to these groups?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)