|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
2. In Chapter 20, what did Mayor Mordalci do to try to defend Padre Pio?
3. In Chapter 27, what varied about Padre Pio according to who was witnessing him?
4. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
5. After the new church was built in Chapter 25, what did Padre Pio begin doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
2. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
3. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
4. In Chapter 26, what was Padre Pio's daily schedule?
5. In Chapter 24, what did the author attribute to Padre Pio regarding Italian history?
6. How did Padre Pio know Dr. Ricciardi?
7. In Chapter 25, what problems arose surrounding the hospital?
8. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
9. How did Benedetto's absence in Chapter 19 affect Padre Pio?
10. In Chapter 14, what was Gerardo Agostino Gemelli's reaction to Padre Pio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the role of ecstatics/mysticals in the church? How did Padre Pio compare to these groups?
Essay Topic 2
Trace the history of Padre Pio's religious importance. Consider extending beyond the time period address in this book to include the last few years as well.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the author's account of supernatural behaviors and instances with the accounts of others in the book. What does this comparison reveal?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)