|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Brunatto threaten to publish a book?
2. In Chapter 21, what did the author say Padre Pio's life was not when it came to supernatural feats?
3. What happened to Maria during World War II?
4. Who did Adelaide leave his trust to?
5. What did Padre Pio say about San Giovanni Rotondo during World War II?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
2. How did Benedetto's absence in Chapter 19 affect Padre Pio?
3. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
4. In Chapter 24, what did the author attribute to Padre Pio regarding Italian history?
5. In Chapter 20, what constraints were placed against Padre Pio?
6. In Chapter 17, what changes did the author note about Padre Pio?
7. What happened at San Giovanni Rotondo in World War II that was connected to Padre Pio?
8. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
9. What did Padre Pio say in "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
10. What happened after Padre Pio was told to transfer to Foggia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the history of The Home to Relieve Suffering as a representative of Padre Pio's life work.
Essay Topic 2
Trace the developments and changes that occurred with the changes of popes throughout Padre Pio's life.
Essay Topic 3
How did the author use literature and primary historical documents in this biography? Was this use effective or ineffective?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)