|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
2. In Chapter 14, why did Padre Pio turn down an examination by Gerardo Agostino Gemelli?
3. In Chapter 27, what varied about Padre Pio according to who was witnessing him?
4. At the end of Chapter 24, who did the author say called on Padre Pio for help?
5. In Chapter 21, what pauses development of The House for the Relief of Suffering?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what made Padre Pio controversial?
2. In the 1920s, what was Padre Pio's relationship with the Vatican like?
3. What happened after Padre Pio was told to transfer to Foggia?
4. What did Padre Pio say in "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
5. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
6. How did Maria Pyle become associated with Padre Pio?
7. In Chapter 20, what constraints were placed against Padre Pio?
8. How did Benedetto's absence in Chapter 19 affect Padre Pio?
9. In Chapter 25, what problems arose surrounding the hospital?
10. How did Padre Pio feel about World War II?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the stigmata and explain the purpose it served in Padre Pio's life. Also consider the controversy surrounding his stigmata and the effects of this.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the Catholic church's power structures and their role in Padre Pio's life.
Essay Topic 3
How did the author use literature and primary historical documents in this biography? Was this use effective or ineffective?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)