|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
2. Why did Brunatto threaten to publish a book?
3. How did Pellegrina die?
4. In Chapter 24, what religious movement did Padre Pio try to stop?
5. In Chapter 24, what did the author say led to Padre Pio's political involvement?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Padre Pio know Dr. Ricciardi?
2. What evidence did the author provide to prove that Padre Pio's palms bled for years?
3. How did Padre Pio feel about World War II?
4. In Chapter 14, what was Gerardo Agostino Gemelli's reaction to Padre Pio?
5. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
6. What happened at San Giovanni Rotondo in World War II that was connected to Padre Pio?
7. What did Padre Pio say in "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
8. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
9. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
10. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the Catholic church's power structures and their role in Padre Pio's life.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the way Padre Pio's siblings were used by the author to better define Padre Pio. Consider what was revealed during interactions between the siblings and the way that some were used to highlight their similarities and differences.
Essay Topic 3
How did the author use literature and primary historical documents in this biography? Was this use effective or ineffective?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)