|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, how did Padre Pio feel about people traveling to see him?
2. In Chapter 17, what miracles did the author detail?
3. How did Padre Pio feel about the lines of people who wanted to confess to him in Chapter 26?
4. How did Pellegrina die?
5. In Chapter 25, what month was the hospital built?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of travel was described in Chapter 28?
2. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
3. How did Padre Pio feel about World War II?
4. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
5. How did Benedetto's absence in Chapter 19 affect Padre Pio?
6. In Chapter 14, what made Padre Pio controversial?
7. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
8. In Chapter 29, how did Padre Pio feel about his ability to heal?
9. In the 1920s, what was Padre Pio's relationship with the Vatican like?
10. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare two of the friary leaders and their influence on Padre Pio.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the history of The Home to Relieve Suffering as a representative of Padre Pio's life work.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Padre Pio's use of symbolism in his writing. How did the author address this use in the text?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)