|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mayor Morcaldi react to news that Padre Pio should not be considered a saint?
2. In Chapter 24, how did Padre Pio feel about the monarchy?
3. What nickname was Maria Pyle given?
4. In Chapter 29, when Padre Pio healed, who did he give credit to?
5. How did the author support Padre Pio's ability to bilocate in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what changes did the author note about Padre Pio?
2. What happened after Padre Pio was told to transfer to Foggia?
3. What type of travel was described in Chapter 28?
4. What did Padre Pio say in "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
5. In Chapter 24, what did the author attribute to Padre Pio regarding Italian history?
6. How did Benedetto's absence in Chapter 19 affect Padre Pio?
7. In Chapter 25, what problems arose surrounding the hospital?
8. In Chapter 14, what was Gerardo Agostino Gemelli's reaction to Padre Pio?
9. In Chapter 26, what was Padre Pio's daily schedule?
10. What evidence did the author provide to prove that Padre Pio's palms bled for years?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the Catholic church's power structures and their role in Padre Pio's life.
Essay Topic 2
Trace the developments and changes that occurred with the changes of popes throughout Padre Pio's life.
Essay Topic 3
Define what religious devoutness meant through the lens of Padre Pio's life.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)