|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what did Mayor Mordalci do to try to defend Padre Pio?
2. In Chapter 26, why did the author say Padre Pio often went to bed at 1:30am?
3. In Chapter 21, what pauses development of The House for the Relief of Suffering?
4. In Chapter 20, what did the author say made Padre Pio's life in Rome a little easier?
5. Why did Brunatto threaten to publish a book?
Essay Topic 1
The author said that Padre Pio's childhood neighbors called him "beautiful Frances" both because of his appearance and temperament. Analyze the extent to which these observations remained consistent or varied throughout Padre Pio's life.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the rural settings to the urban settings in this book. Consider how the settings affected religious beliefs, actions, and Padre Pio as a person.
Essay Topic 3
Research a saint and compare the saint's life and path to sainthood with Padre Pio's.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)