|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, why did Archpriest Don Giuseppe begin confessing to Padre Pio?
2. In Chapter 27, how did Carrigan feel about Padre Pio's miracles?
3. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
4. What did Padre Pio say about San Giovanni Rotondo during World War II?
5. At the end of Chapter 24, who did the author say called on Padre Pio for help?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 25, what problems arose surrounding the hospital?
2. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
3. In Chapter 24, what did the author attribute to Padre Pio regarding Italian history?
4. What happened after Padre Pio was told to transfer to Foggia?
5. What did Padre Pio say in "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
6. How did Maria Pyle become associated with Padre Pio?
7. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
8. What evidence did the author provide to prove that Padre Pio's palms bled for years?
9. How did Padre Pio feel about World War II?
10. In Chapter 26, what was Padre Pio's daily schedule?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the role of ecstatics/mysticals in the church? How did Padre Pio compare to these groups?
Essay Topic 2
Compare two of the friary leaders and their influence on Padre Pio.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the investigations made into Padre Pio's life, spirituality, and miracles. Compare the motives, findings, and outcomes. Is there a way to resolve all these investigations?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)