|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what example did the author use to prove how harsh Padre Pio could be with his supporters?
2. In Chapter 27, how did Padre Pio speak to others about his miracles?
3. In Chapter 27, how did Carrigan feel about Padre Pio's miracles?
4. In Chapter 26, what did Padre Pio do instead of eating dinner?
5. In Chapter 17, what miracles did the author detail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Maria Pyle become associated with Padre Pio?
2. In Chapter 25, what problems arose surrounding the hospital?
3. In Chapter 24, what did the author attribute to Padre Pio regarding Italian history?
4. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
5. In Chapter 29, how did Padre Pio feel about his ability to heal?
6. What did Padre Pio say in "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
7. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
8. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
9. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
10. In Chapter 14, what made Padre Pio controversial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define what religious devoutness meant through the lens of Padre Pio's life.
Essay Topic 2
Trace the developments and changes that occurred with the changes of popes throughout Padre Pio's life.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the history of The Home to Relieve Suffering as a representative of Padre Pio's life work.
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)