|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Padre Pio hire as a secretary in Chapter 24?
2. In Chapter 17, what miracles did the author detail?
3. In Chapter 26, what example did the author use to prove how harsh Padre Pio could be with his supporters?
4. In Chapter 17, what happened to Padre Pio's confessions?
5. How did Padre Pio feel about the lines of people who wanted to confess to him in Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
2. What did Padre Pio say in "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
3. In Chapter 29, how did Padre Pio feel about his ability to heal?
4. In Chapter 14, what was Gerardo Agostino Gemelli's reaction to Padre Pio?
5. What type of travel was described in Chapter 28?
6. What happened at San Giovanni Rotondo in World War II that was connected to Padre Pio?
7. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
8. How did Benedetto's absence in Chapter 19 affect Padre Pio?
9. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
10. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the Catholic church's power structures and their role in Padre Pio's life.
Essay Topic 2
Compare two of the friary leaders and their influence on Padre Pio.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Padre Pio's use of symbolism in his writing. How did the author address this use in the text?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)