|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Padre Pio hire as a secretary in Chapter 24?
2. What happened to Maria during World War II?
3. In Chapter 29, when Padre Pio healed, who did he give credit to?
4. What mood was Padre Pio in when he wrote "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
5. In Chapter 13, how long did the author say Padre Pio's hands bled for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Benedetto's absence in Chapter 19 affect Padre Pio?
2. What did Padre Pio say in "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
3. How did Padre Pio know Dr. Ricciardi?
4. In Chapter 17, what changes did the author note about Padre Pio?
5. In Chapter 14, what was Gerardo Agostino Gemelli's reaction to Padre Pio?
6. What happened at San Giovanni Rotondo in World War II that was connected to Padre Pio?
7. In Chapter 29, how did Padre Pio feel about his ability to heal?
8. In Chapter 24, what did the author attribute to Padre Pio regarding Italian history?
9. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
10. In the 1920s, what was Padre Pio's relationship with the Vatican like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research a saint and compare the saint's life and path to sainthood with Padre Pio's.
Essay Topic 2
What was the impact of Padre Pio's childhood on his adult life? How did the author show these connections?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the Catholic church's power structures and their role in Padre Pio's life.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)