|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Padre Bernardo became Cardinal, how did it affect Padre Pio?
2. When did Padre Pio have a doctor attempt to heal his stigmata wounds?
3. In Chapter 19, why did Padre Pio feel like he had more time to work with his spiritual children?
4. In Chapter 26, when did the author say Padre Pio's day began?
5. How did Bill Carrigan describe Padre Pio after meeting him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what constraints were placed against Padre Pio?
2. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
3. What happened after Padre Pio was told to transfer to Foggia?
4. How did Padre Pio feel about World War II?
5. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
6. In Chapter 26, what was Padre Pio's daily schedule?
7. In the 1920s, what was Padre Pio's relationship with the Vatican like?
8. How did Maria Pyle become associated with Padre Pio?
9. What happened at San Giovanni Rotondo in World War II that was connected to Padre Pio?
10. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define what religious devoutness meant through the lens of Padre Pio's life.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze how the idea of exile was developed throughout this book and its impact on Padre Pio.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze suffering as a topic and theme in this book. Remember Padre Pio's ideas about the relationship between suffering and salvation.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)