|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what did Mayor Mordalci do to try to defend Padre Pio?
2. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
3. When did Maria Pyle decide to become one of Padre Pio's disciples?
4. In Chapter 13, how long did the author say Padre Pio's hands bled for?
5. In Chapter 26, what did Padre Pio do instead of eating dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what constraints were placed against Padre Pio?
2. What happened after Padre Pio was told to transfer to Foggia?
3. In Chapter 25, what problems arose surrounding the hospital?
4. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
5. What type of travel was described in Chapter 28?
6. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
7. What happened at San Giovanni Rotondo in World War II that was connected to Padre Pio?
8. In Chapter 26, what was Padre Pio's daily schedule?
9. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
10. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the history of The Home to Relieve Suffering as a representative of Padre Pio's life work.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the rural settings to the urban settings in this book. Consider how the settings affected religious beliefs, actions, and Padre Pio as a person.
Essay Topic 3
What was the role of ecstatics/mysticals in the church? How did Padre Pio compare to these groups?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)