|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pope Pius XI took over, what was his major concern?
2. In Chapter 21, how did Padre Pio feel about people traveling to see him?
3. In "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane," what did Padre Pio salvation required?
4. In Chapter 28, how was Padre Pio's ability to bilocate described?
5. In Chapter 26, when did the author say Padre Pio's day began?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what was Gerardo Agostino Gemelli's reaction to Padre Pio?
2. In Chapter 17, what changes did the author note about Padre Pio?
3. What happened at San Giovanni Rotondo in World War II that was connected to Padre Pio?
4. What evidence did the author provide to prove that Padre Pio's palms bled for years?
5. What type of travel was described in Chapter 28?
6. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
7. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
8. In Chapter 14, what made Padre Pio controversial?
9. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
10. How did Padre Pio feel about World War II?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare two of the friary leaders and their influence on Padre Pio.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the role of women in Padre Pio's life and society.
Essay Topic 3
The author said that Padre Pio's childhood neighbors called him "beautiful Frances" both because of his appearance and temperament. Analyze the extent to which these observations remained consistent or varied throughout Padre Pio's life.
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)