|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Padre Bernardo became Cardinal, how did it affect Padre Pio?
2. In Chapter 25, what month was the hospital built?
3. In Chapter 21, what did the author say Padre Pio's life was not when it came to supernatural feats?
4. In Chapter 21, what pauses development of The House for the Relief of Suffering?
5. In Chapter 17, what happened to Padre Pio's confessions?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
2. What type of travel was described in Chapter 28?
3. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
4. In Chapter 20, what constraints were placed against Padre Pio?
5. How did Maria Pyle become associated with Padre Pio?
6. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
7. In Chapter 24, what did the author attribute to Padre Pio regarding Italian history?
8. How did Padre Pio feel about World War II?
9. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
10. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze how the idea of exile was developed throughout this book and its impact on Padre Pio.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the role of women in Padre Pio's life and society.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the way Padre Pio's siblings were used by the author to better define Padre Pio. Consider what was revealed during interactions between the siblings and the way that some were used to highlight their similarities and differences.
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)