|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mood was Padre Pio in when he wrote "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
2. In Chapter 26, how long did the author say Padre Pio would hear confessions for each day?
3. In Chapter 20, what did the author say made Padre Pio's life in Rome a little easier?
4. At the end of Chapter 24, who did the author say called on Padre Pio for help?
5. In Chapter 21, how did Padre Pio feel about people traveling to see him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
2. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
3. What happened after Padre Pio was told to transfer to Foggia?
4. In Chapter 29, how did Padre Pio feel about his ability to heal?
5. How did Padre Pio know Dr. Ricciardi?
6. In Chapter 26, what was Padre Pio's daily schedule?
7. In the 1920s, what was Padre Pio's relationship with the Vatican like?
8. How did Padre Pio feel about World War II?
9. What evidence did the author provide to prove that Padre Pio's palms bled for years?
10. What type of travel was described in Chapter 28?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the role of ecstatics/mysticals in the church? How did Padre Pio compare to these groups?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the role of women in Padre Pio's life and society.
Essay Topic 3
Trace the history of Padre Pio's religious importance. Consider extending beyond the time period address in this book to include the last few years as well.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)