|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio name his sacrifice to God for the needs of the unsaved?
2. In Chapter 17, what happened to Padre Pio's confessions?
3. How did Pellegrina die?
4. In Chapter 21, what pauses development of The House for the Relief of Suffering?
5. What did Padre Pio say about San Giovanni Rotondo during World War II?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what did the author attribute to Padre Pio regarding Italian history?
2. In Chapter 14, what made Padre Pio controversial?
3. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
4. In Chapter 25, what problems arose surrounding the hospital?
5. What type of travel was described in Chapter 28?
6. What happened at San Giovanni Rotondo in World War II that was connected to Padre Pio?
7. In Chapter 14, what was Gerardo Agostino Gemelli's reaction to Padre Pio?
8. In Chapter 17, what changes did the author note about Padre Pio?
9. What happened after Padre Pio was told to transfer to Foggia?
10. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the author use literature and primary historical documents in this biography? Was this use effective or ineffective?
Essay Topic 2
What was the impact of Padre Pio's childhood on his adult life? How did the author show these connections?
Essay Topic 3
Trace the history of Padre Pio's religious importance. Consider extending beyond the time period address in this book to include the last few years as well.
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)