|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, how did Padre Pio speak to others about his miracles?
2. In Chapter 28, how was Padre Pio's ability to bilocate described?
3. In Chapter 26, when did the author say Padre Pio's day began?
4. In Chapter 25, what did Padre Pio say his medical and religious center would appeal to?
5. Who did Adelaide leave his trust to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Benedetto's absence in Chapter 19 affect Padre Pio?
2. In Chapter 25, what problems arose surrounding the hospital?
3. In the 1920s, what was Padre Pio's relationship with the Vatican like?
4. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
5. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
6. How did Padre Pio feel about World War II?
7. In Chapter 26, what was Padre Pio's daily schedule?
8. In Chapter 14, what made Padre Pio controversial?
9. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
10. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the investigations made into Padre Pio's life, spirituality, and miracles. Compare the motives, findings, and outcomes. Is there a way to resolve all these investigations?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze how the idea of exile was developed throughout this book and its impact on Padre Pio.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the stigmata and explain the purpose it served in Padre Pio's life. Also consider the controversy surrounding his stigmata and the effects of this.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)