|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname was Maria Pyle given?
2. What happened to Maria during World War II?
3. How did Bill Carrigan describe Padre Pio after meeting him?
4. What mood was Padre Pio in when he wrote "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
5. In Chapter 24, what did the author say led to Padre Pio's political involvement?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 25, what problems arose surrounding the hospital?
2. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
3. What evidence did the author provide to prove that Padre Pio's palms bled for years?
4. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
5. How did Padre Pio know Dr. Ricciardi?
6. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
7. In the 1920s, what was Padre Pio's relationship with the Vatican like?
8. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
9. What did Padre Pio say in "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
10. In Chapter 14, what made Padre Pio controversial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the author's account of supernatural behaviors and instances with the accounts of others in the book. What does this comparison reveal?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the history of The Home to Relieve Suffering as a representative of Padre Pio's life work.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the Catholic church's power structures and their role in Padre Pio's life.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)