|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what was life like in Pietrelcina?
(a) Many people were ill.
(b) The town had been flooding.
(c) A wave of wealth passed through the town.
(d) Most of the women left.
2. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
(a) Burned documents.
(b) Unreliable sources.
(c) A lack of official records.
(d) A language barrier.
3. Why did the author say news of Padre Pio's stigmata spread slowly at first?
(a) He hid them for months.
(b) People didn't believe they were real.
(c) News of the stigmata spread quickly.
(d) Many people were sick at the time.
4. How did Gra feel about praying the rosary?
(a) He always forgot to pray the rosary.
(b) He hated it.
(c) It was a routine.
(d) It brought him joy.
5. In Chapter 1, how did Padre Pio's parents feel about the saints?
(a) They felt like they were secondary characters.
(b) They felt like they were gods.
(c) They felt like they didn't exist.
(d) They felt like they were family.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what caused Padre Pio to desire to leave the world?
2. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
3. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
4. When did other people, aside from Benedetto, learn about Padre Pio's visions?
5. How many older siblings did Padre Pio have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of Padre Pio's rules for spiritual growth?
2. How did Padre Pio feel right before joining the Capuchin Order?
3. In Chapter 7, what did the author say about Padre Pio's family upon his return?
4. In Chapter 12, what did the author say about Padre Pio's miracles?
5. How did doctors respond to Padre Pio's trances?
6. What is bilocation?
7. How did Padre Pio's family put religion at the center of their lives?
8. What was Pietrelcina like during Padre Pio's early childhood?
9. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
10. In Chapter 8, what did the author say about Padre Pio's experience with the stages of mysticism?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)