|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted to return to exile.
(b) He wanted to change religions.
(c) He wanted to die also.
(d) He wanted to start a new ministry.
2. What happened when Padre Pio covered his hand wounds?
(a) They became worse.
(b) The bandages wouldn't stay in place.
(c) They went away for awhile.
(d) He was wounded on his arms.
3. Who was healed at St. Pellegrino the Martyr when Padre Pio visited?
(a) His mother.
(b) An elderly woman.
(c) A child.
(d) A black man.
4. In Chapter 9, how did Benedetto show his anger toward Padre Pio?
(a) He didn't let him in the friary.
(b) He cut off his ministry.
(c) He didn't write him for months.
(d) He sent him to Western Europe.
5. In Chapter 5, when did the author say Padre Pio experienced great exultation?
(a) During consolation.
(b) After falling asleep.
(c) During mass.
(d) While traveling.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Padre Pio declared terminally ill?
2. What did the author name the first five years after Padre Pio returned home?
3. Why did the author say news of Padre Pio's stigmata spread slowly at first?
4. In Chapter 8, what caused Padre Pio to desire to leave the world?
5. In Chapter 1, what nickname was Padre Pio's family given?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Padre Pio's relationship with Padre Benedetto Nardella like in the beginning?
2. How did Benedetto's absence in Chapter 19 affect Padre Pio?
3. When did Padre Pio learn at San Marco la Catola?
4. What were some of Padre Pio's rules for spiritual growth?
5. In Chapter 24, what did the author attribute to Padre Pio regarding Italian history?
6. How did Padre Pio react when he fell ill in Chapter 5?
7. What happened after Padre Pio was diagnosed as being terminally ill?
8. How did post-war prosperity in the 1950s affect Italy?
9. In Chapter 33, what happened to Padre Pio before his death?
10. In Chapter 14, what was Gerardo Agostino Gemelli's reaction to Padre Pio?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)