|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why was Padre Pio's ordination delayed?
(a) He was sick.
(b) He was out of town.
(c) He hadn't finished his requirements.
(d) His paperwork was missing.
2. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted to change religions.
(b) He wanted to start a new ministry.
(c) He wanted to return to exile.
(d) He wanted to die also.
3. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
(a) To read the Bible.
(b) To write about it.
(c) To pray with others.
(d) To suffer more.
4. In Chapter 3, what was the purpose of the novitiate?
(a) To frighten.
(b) To sedate.
(c) To entertain.
(d) To educate.
5. How did the author describe Padre Pio's trip to Rome?
(a) The longest trip of his life.
(b) The most awakening trip of his life.
(c) The most painful trip of his life.
(d) The most dangerous trip of his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
2. In Chapter 1, what nickname was Padre Pio's family given?
3. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
4. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
5. In Chapter 9, how did Benedetto show his anger toward Padre Pio?
Short Essay Questions
1. After moving in with the order of friars in Chapter 3, what did Padre Pio have to learn?
2. What is bilocation?
3. How did doctors respond to Padre Pio's trances?
4. At the end of Chapter 8, what did the author say was unique about Padre Pio's interactions with heavenly beings?
5. What was Pietrelcina like during Padre Pio's early childhood?
6. What was Padre Pio's relationship with Padre Benedetto Nardella like in the beginning?
7. When did Padre Pio learn at San Marco la Catola?
8. How did Padre Pio react when he fell ill in Chapter 5?
9. How did Padre Pio feel right before joining the Capuchin Order?
10. In Chapter 2, what did Padre Pio see before leaving to join the Capuchin Order?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)