|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
(a) That he was witness to Christ.
(b) That he could bilocate.
(c) That he could speak to the dead.
(d) That he had multiple personalities.
2. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
(a) A lack of official records.
(b) A language barrier.
(c) Burned documents.
(d) Unreliable sources.
3. Where did Padre Pio's father work most of his life?
4. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
(a) Because of his mental illness.
(b) Because he desired Christ's suffering.
(c) Because his physical issues couldn't be obeserved.
(d) Because his medicine didn't help.
5. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice did Padre Pio give regarding the devil, according to the author in Chapter 11?
2. In Chapter 1, what was life like in Pietrelcina?
3. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
4. Who recorded the instance of Padre Pio speaking with demons?
5. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Padre Pio's relationship with Padre Benedetto Nardella like in the beginning?
2. What did the author discover about Padre Pio's religious life as a child in Chapter 2?
3. What happened when Padre Pio went to St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
4. How did Padre Pio feel right before joining the Capuchin Order?
5. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
6. What happened when Padre Pio first returned to his hometown in Chapter 7?
7. In Chapter 7, what was Padre Pio's hometown ministry like?
8. After moving in with the order of friars in Chapter 3, what did Padre Pio have to learn?
9. What happened when Padre Pio first decided to join the Capuchin Order?
10. When did Padre Pio learn at San Marco la Catola?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)