|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
(a) With a list of ten points.
(b) With a lengthy passage from an academic essay.
(c) With a sampling of Padre Pio's letters.
(d) With quotes from newspaper articles.
2. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
(a) He would be late for class.
(b) He had visions in the middle of class.
(c) He was unprepared.
(d) He disliked his students.
3. Who was healed at St. Pellegrino the Martyr when Padre Pio visited?
(a) A black man.
(b) A child.
(c) An elderly woman.
(d) His mother.
4. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted to return to exile.
(b) He wanted to die also.
(c) He wanted to start a new ministry.
(d) He wanted to change religions.
5. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
(a) Arguing with other churches.
(b) Disliking the townspeople.
(c) Pointing out sin.
(d) Forcing people to work on Sundays.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, how did the progression of World War I personally affect Padre Pio?
2. How did Dr. Lombardi describe Padre Pio's trances?
3. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
4. Where did Padre Pio's father work most of his life?
5. How old was Padre Pio when he visited St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Padre Pio's relationship with Padre Benedetto Nardella like in the beginning?
2. How did Padre Pio feel right before joining the Capuchin Order?
3. What happened when Pope John XXIII had Padre Pio investigated?
4. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
5. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
6. How did Padre Pio react when he fell ill in Chapter 5?
7. What was the path following Padre Pio's death to his sainthood?
8. After moving in with the order of friars in Chapter 3, what did Padre Pio have to learn?
9. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
10. In Chapter 2, what problems did the author encounter with Padre Pio's childhood?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)