|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many older siblings did Padre Pio have?
2. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
(a) Because it would keep him from temptation.
(b) Because his teacher suggested it.
(c) Because it was a witness to Christ.
(d) Because it made him feel better about leaving his family.
3. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
(a) That he defaced a Bible.
(b) That he sometimes stole.
(c) That he rarely attended church.
(d) That he never prayed in front of them.
4. How did Dr. Lombardi describe Padre Pio's trances?
(a) True ecstacy.
(b) A fraud.
(c) Lost suffering.
(d) Hightened awarenesses.
5. In Chapter 11, what did the author say was strange about Padre Pio's early followers?
(a) They were young.
(b) They were originally non-believers.
(c) They were women.
(d) They were Jewish.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
2. How did Padre Pio feel about the mystics when he first learned about them?
3. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
4. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
5. In Chapter 8, what caused Padre Pio to desire to leave the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. After moving in with the order of friars in Chapter 3, what did Padre Pio have to learn?
2. In Chapter 12, what did the author say about Padre Pio's miracles?
3. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto disagree with Padre Pio?
4. How did Padre Pio's following change after he was allowed to hear confessions?
5. How did Padre Pio come to have his stigmata?
6. When did Padre Pio learn at San Marco la Catola?
7. What was Pietrelcina like during Padre Pio's early childhood?
8. In Chapter 2, what problems did the author encounter with Padre Pio's childhood?
9. How did World War I affect Padre Pio?
10. In Chapter 5, how did Padre Pio feel about his suffering?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)