|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
2. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
(a) Because of their documentation.
(b) Because they are legend.
(c) He says they can be dismissed.
(d) Because he witnessed them himself.
3. How did Padre Pio feel about the mystics when he first learned about them?
(a) He liked their ideas, but quickly forgot them.
(b) He was greatly influenced by them.
(c) He disliked their ideas.
(d) He was humored by them.
4. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
(a) She was devout.
(b) She never heard gossip.
(c) She was too afraid.
(d) She didn't want to be gossiped about.
5. What advice did Padre Pio give regarding the devil, according to the author in Chapter 11?
(a) He didn't give advice regarding the devil.
(b) Speak with the devil.
(c) Reject the devil.
(d) Believe in the devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Benedetto learned of Padre Pio's wounds?
2. In Chapter 2, how did Padre Pio's father react when he told him about speaking with a guardian angle?
3. What did Padre Pio study at the friary at San Marco la Catola?
4. In Chapter 1, how did Padre Pio's parents feel about the saints?
5. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what did the author say about Padre Pio's miracles?
2. What is bilocation?
3. In Chapter 5, how did Padre Pio feel about his suffering?
4. What happened when Padre Pio first returned to his hometown in Chapter 7?
5. What was Padre Pio's relationship with Padre Benedetto Nardella like in the beginning?
6. At the end of Chapter 8, what did the author say was unique about Padre Pio's interactions with heavenly beings?
7. What happened when Padre Pio went to St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
8. What happened when Padre Pio first decided to join the Capuchin Order?
9. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto disagree with Padre Pio?
10. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)