|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dr. Lombardi describe Padre Pio's trances?
(a) True ecstacy.
(b) Lost suffering.
(c) Hightened awarenesses.
(d) A fraud.
2. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
(a) Because he was unholy.
(b) Because he was convincing them of their faith.
(c) To try to destract him.
(d) To keep people away.
3. What happened when Benedetto learned of Padre Pio's wounds?
(a) He wanted to return him to their community.
(b) He wanted him to take his job.
(c) He wanted to send him to exile.
(d) He wanted him to write about his experience.
4. What season was it when Padre Pio left his family in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
(a) Unreliable sources.
(b) A language barrier.
(c) A lack of official records.
(d) Burned documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first stage of Padre Pio's ministry?
2. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
3. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
4. In Chapter 1, what nickname was Padre Pio's family given?
5. In Chapter 5, when did the author say Padre Pio experienced great exultation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Padre Pio's family put religion at the center of their lives?
2. How did doctors respond to Padre Pio's trances?
3. In Chapter 8, what did the author say about Padre Pio's experience with the stages of mysticism?
4. What happened when Padre Pio first decided to join the Capuchin Order?
5. What was Padre Pio's relationship with Padre Benedetto Nardella like in the beginning?
6. In Chapter 2, what problems did the author encounter with Padre Pio's childhood?
7. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto disagree with Padre Pio?
8. In Chapter 5, how did Padre Pio feel about his suffering?
9. What is bilocation?
10. What was the Rule of St. Francis?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)