|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what did Padre Pio do to help others through Purgatory?
(a) He didn't help others through Purgatory.
(b) Called upon God to end Purgatory.
(c) Offered his own suffering.
(d) Taught them to pray the rosary.
2. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
3. As a teenager, how did Padre Pio treat women?
(a) He would write about them but not speak to them.
(b) He took them out on dates.
(c) He had to fend them off.
(d) He kissed a few.
4. In Chapter 8, how did the author try to tie Padre Pio's life to the stages of mystical experience?
(a) Through his first-hand experience with Padre Pio.
(b) Through historical accounts of Padre Pio's life.
(c) Through Padre Pio's writings.
(d) Through records from Padre Pio's church.
5. In Chapter 12, what did the author note about the miracles attributed to Padre Pio at this time in his life?
(a) Many were fakes.
(b) They relied more on common spirits than God.
(c) They were all relating to women.
(d) None were documented well enough to verify.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what did Padre Pio know about Padre Agostino's prayer for him?
2. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
3. Where did Padre Pio's father work most of his life?
4. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
5. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Padre Pio come to have his stigmata?
2. How did Padre Pio react when he fell ill in Chapter 5?
3. At the end of Chapter 8, what did the author say was unique about Padre Pio's interactions with heavenly beings?
4. How did World War I affect Padre Pio?
5. How did doctors respond to Padre Pio's trances?
6. In Chapter 2, what did Padre Pio see before leaving to join the Capuchin Order?
7. In Chapter 12, what did the author say about Padre Pio's miracles?
8. What is bilocation?
9. After moving in with the order of friars in Chapter 3, what did Padre Pio have to learn?
10. In Chapter 4, how did Padre Pio first react to his visions?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)