|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why was Padre Pio's ordination delayed?
(a) His paperwork was missing.
(b) He was out of town.
(c) He hadn't finished his requirements.
(d) He was sick.
2. In Chapter 12, who did the author say Padre Pio was teaching?
(a) High school girls.
(b) Adult men.
(c) Children of both genders.
(d) High school boys.
3. In Chapter 1, what was life like in Pietrelcina?
(a) Most of the women left.
(b) A wave of wealth passed through the town.
(c) The town had been flooding.
(d) Many people were ill.
4. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
(a) She never heard gossip.
(b) She didn't want to be gossiped about.
(c) She was devout.
(d) She was too afraid.
5. In Chapter 9, how did the progression of World War I personally affect Padre Pio?
(a) He had to ration supplies.
(b) He was drafted.
(c) He had to do sermons on the road.
(d) He decided to join the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
2. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
3. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
4. In Chapter 6, what did Padre Pio know about Padre Agostino's prayer for him?
5. How did Don Angelo treat Padre Pio as a boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the author discover about Padre Pio's religious life as a child in Chapter 2?
2. After moving in with the order of friars in Chapter 3, what did Padre Pio have to learn?
3. In Chapter 8, what did the author say about Padre Pio's experience with the stages of mysticism?
4. What happened when Padre Pio went to St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
5. What is bilocation?
6. What was the Rule of St. Francis?
7. At the end of Chapter 8, what did the author say was unique about Padre Pio's interactions with heavenly beings?
8. What was Padre Pio's relationship with Padre Benedetto Nardella like in the beginning?
9. How did Padre Pio come to have his stigmata?
10. When did Padre Pio learn at San Marco la Catola?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)