|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what convinced Padre Pio to return to the cloister?
(a) A woman offered to sacrafice herself.
(b) His mother begged him.
(c) Benedetto physicall forced him back.
(d) The blood he saw during the war.
2. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
(a) He was confused.
(b) He agreed.
(c) He was angry.
(d) He was sad.
3. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
4. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
(a) Because it was a witness to Christ.
(b) Because his teacher suggested it.
(c) Because it would keep him from temptation.
(d) Because it made him feel better about leaving his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Padre Pio join Capuchin Order?
2. Who recorded the instance of Padre Pio speaking with demons?
3. Where did Padre Pio's father work most of his life?
4. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
5. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
2. How did Padre Pio's family put religion at the center of their lives?
3. How did Padre Pio's following change after he was allowed to hear confessions?
4. In Chapter 5, how did Padre Pio feel about his suffering?
5. What were some of Padre Pio's rules for spiritual growth?
6. What happened when Padre Pio first decided to join the Capuchin Order?
7. How did doctors respond to Padre Pio's trances?
8. After moving in with the order of friars in Chapter 3, what did Padre Pio have to learn?
9. What happened when Padre Pio first returned to his hometown in Chapter 7?
10. What was the Rule of St. Francis?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)