|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
(a) That his sister had an out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
(b) That the local church was becoming corrupt.
(c) That his brother had killed someone accidentally.
(d) That Padre Pio wasn't welcome in his hometown.
2. What vision did Padre Pio report having in 1903?
(a) A beautiful woman showing him art.
(b) Details about the world wars.
(c) Mary holding his hand.
(d) Instructions on how to fight a demon.
3. In Chapter 7, how many stages did the author say Padre Pio's ministry had?
4. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
(a) He says they can be dismissed.
(b) Because of their documentation.
(c) Because they are legend.
(d) Because he witnessed them himself.
5. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
(a) Because it would keep him from temptation.
(b) Because his teacher suggested it.
(c) Because it was a witness to Christ.
(d) Because it made him feel better about leaving his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
2. In Chapter 12, how did Padre Pio hurt his hands?
3. In Chapter 9, what convinced Padre Pio to return to the cloister?
4. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 9, how did Benedetto show his anger toward Padre Pio?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what was Padre Pio's hometown ministry like?
2. In Chapter 2, what problems did the author encounter with Padre Pio's childhood?
3. What was the Rule of St. Francis?
4. What happened when Padre Pio first decided to join the Capuchin Order?
5. When did Padre Pio learn at San Marco la Catola?
6. How did doctors respond to Padre Pio's trances?
7. In Chapter 4, how did Padre Pio first react to his visions?
8. What was Padre Pio's relationship with Padre Benedetto Nardella like in the beginning?
9. How did World War I affect Padre Pio?
10. In Chapter 12, what did the author say about Padre Pio's miracles?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)