|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
(a) Because he was convincing them of their faith.
(b) Because he was unholy.
(c) To keep people away.
(d) To try to destract him.
2. When did other people, aside from Benedetto, learn about Padre Pio's visions?
3. In Chapter 8, how did the author try to tie Padre Pio's life to the stages of mystical experience?
(a) Through historical accounts of Padre Pio's life.
(b) Through his first-hand experience with Padre Pio.
(c) Through Padre Pio's writings.
(d) Through records from Padre Pio's church.
4. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
(a) Unreliable sources.
(b) A language barrier.
(c) A lack of official records.
(d) Burned documents.
5. What season was it when Padre Pio left his family in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Padre Pio's father work most of his life?
2. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
4. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
5. At the beginning of World War I, what did Padre Pio say the cause of war was?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how did Padre Pio feel about his suffering?
2. In Chapter 8, what did the author say about Padre Pio's experience with the stages of mysticism?
3. How did Padre Pio's family put religion at the center of their lives?
4. What was the Rule of St. Francis?
5. What happened after Padre Pio was diagnosed as being terminally ill?
6. After moving in with the order of friars in Chapter 3, what did Padre Pio have to learn?
7. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
8. How did Padre Pio feel right before joining the Capuchin Order?
9. What happened when Padre Pio first returned to his hometown in Chapter 7?
10. When did Padre Pio learn at San Marco la Catola?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)