|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how did the author try to tie Padre Pio's life to the stages of mystical experience?
(a) Through Padre Pio's writings.
(b) Through historical accounts of Padre Pio's life.
(c) Through records from Padre Pio's church.
(d) Through his first-hand experience with Padre Pio.
2. In Chapter 6, who did Padre Pio tell about his desire to return to Pietrelcina?
(d) His superior.
3. Where did Padre Pio's father work most of his life?
4. Why did the author say news of Padre Pio's stigmata spread slowly at first?
(a) News of the stigmata spread quickly.
(b) Many people were sick at the time.
(c) He hid them for months.
(d) People didn't believe they were real.
5. In Chapter 11, how many rules for spiritual growth did the author say Padre Pio had?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
2. How many older siblings did Padre Pio have?
3. In Chapter 12, how did Padre Pio hurt his hands?
4. How did Padre Pio feel about the mystics when he first learned about them?
5. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Padre Pio's following change after he was allowed to hear confessions?
2. What were some of Padre Pio's rules for spiritual growth?
3. When did Padre Pio learn at San Marco la Catola?
4. What was Pietrelcina like during Padre Pio's early childhood?
5. What happened when Padre Pio first returned to his hometown in Chapter 7?
6. In Chapter 4, how did Padre Pio first react to his visions?
7. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
8. At the end of Chapter 8, what did the author say was unique about Padre Pio's interactions with heavenly beings?
9. What happened when Padre Pio first decided to join the Capuchin Order?
10. What was Padre Pio's relationship with Padre Benedetto Nardella like in the beginning?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)