|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
(b) Purification of the self.
(c) Spiritual marriage.
(d) Awakening of the self.
2. In Chapter 8, what caused Padre Pio to desire to leave the world?
(a) Having his soul cleansed.
(b) Traveling to Rome with an angel.
(c) Feeling the illumination of God.
(d) Being touched by Mary.
3. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
(a) With quotes from newspaper articles.
(b) With a list of ten points.
(c) With a lengthy passage from an academic essay.
(d) With a sampling of Padre Pio's letters.
4. What did the author name the first five years after Padre Pio returned home?
(a) Double exile.
(d) The awakening.
5. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
(a) To keep people away.
(b) Because he was convincing them of their faith.
(c) To try to destract him.
(d) Because he was unholy.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a teenager, how did Padre Pio treat women?
2. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
3. In Chapter 6, what did the author say Padre Pio told Jesus?
4. How did Padre Pio feel about leaving his family in Chapter 2?
5. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what did the author say about Padre Pio's miracles?
2. In Chapter 8, what did the author say about Padre Pio's experience with the stages of mysticism?
3. What was Padre Pio's relationship with Padre Benedetto Nardella like in the beginning?
4. In Chapter 4, how did Padre Pio first react to his visions?
5. In Chapter 2, what problems did the author encounter with Padre Pio's childhood?
6. What was Pietrelcina like during Padre Pio's early childhood?
7. What was the Rule of St. Francis?
8. What did the author discover about Padre Pio's religious life as a child in Chapter 2?
9. How did doctors respond to Padre Pio's trances?
10. How did Padre Pio's following change after he was allowed to hear confessions?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)