|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many older siblings did Padre Pio have?
2. In Chapter 3, what was the purpose of the novitiate?
(a) To sedate.
(b) To frighten.
(c) To educate.
(d) To entertain.
3. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
(b) Purification of the self.
(c) Spiritual marriage.
(d) Awakening of the self.
4. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
(a) To try to destract him.
(b) To keep people away.
(c) Because he was unholy.
(d) Because he was convincing them of their faith.
5. What did the author name the first five years after Padre Pio returned home?
(b) The awakening.
(c) Double exile.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
2. In Chapter 8, how did the author try to tie Padre Pio's life to the stages of mystical experience?
3. In Chapter 2, how did Padre Pio's father react when he told him about speaking with a guardian angle?
4. In Chapter 7, how many stages did the author say Padre Pio's ministry had?
5. What season was it when Padre Pio left his family in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what did the author say about Padre Pio's miracles?
2. In Chapter 4, how did Padre Pio first react to his visions?
3. In Chapter 7, what did the author say about Padre Pio's family upon his return?
4. What happened when Padre Pio first returned to his hometown in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto disagree with Padre Pio?
6. At the end of Chapter 8, what did the author say was unique about Padre Pio's interactions with heavenly beings?
7. How did Padre Pio feel right before joining the Capuchin Order?
8. When did Padre Pio learn at San Marco la Catola?
9. In Chapter 8, what did the author say about Padre Pio's experience with the stages of mysticism?
10. In Chapter 2, what did Padre Pio see before leaving to join the Capuchin Order?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)