|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was healed at St. Pellegrino the Martyr when Padre Pio visited?
(a) A child.
(b) His mother.
(c) An elderly woman.
(d) A black man.
2. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
(a) Mad Monk.
(b) Mini Monk.
(c) Fraudulent Friar.
(d) Fearless Friar.
3. How did Gra feel about praying the rosary?
(a) He hated it.
(b) It brought him joy.
(c) He always forgot to pray the rosary.
(d) It was a routine.
4. In Chapter 9, how did the progression of World War I personally affect Padre Pio?
(a) He had to ration supplies.
(b) He was drafted.
(c) He had to do sermons on the road.
(d) He decided to join the military.
5. In Chapter 5, why was Padre Pio's ordination delayed?
(a) He was sick.
(b) He hadn't finished his requirements.
(c) He was out of town.
(d) His paperwork was missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
2. Why did Padre Pio question becoming a full member of Capuchin Order?
3. In Chapter 5, what did Padre Pio do to help others through Purgatory?
4. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
5. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after Padre Pio was diagnosed as being terminally ill?
2. In Chapter 4, how did Padre Pio first react to his visions?
3. At the end of Chapter 8, what did the author say was unique about Padre Pio's interactions with heavenly beings?
4. How did Padre Pio's following change after he was allowed to hear confessions?
5. In Chapter 5, how did Padre Pio feel about his suffering?
6. In Chapter 7, what was Padre Pio's hometown ministry like?
7. How did Padre Pio's family put religion at the center of their lives?
8. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto disagree with Padre Pio?
9. How did doctors respond to Padre Pio's trances?
10. What happened when Padre Pio first returned to his hometown in Chapter 7?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)