|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what did the author say was strange about Padre Pio's early followers?
(a) They were originally non-believers.
(b) They were Jewish.
(c) They were women.
(d) They were young.
2. What did the author name the first five years after Padre Pio returned home?
(a) The awakening.
(c) Double exile.
3. In Chapter 4, how were Padre Pio's visions described?
(a) As fleeting images.
(b) As holy interceptions.
(c) As supernatural conversations.
(d) As painful occurances.
4. How did Padre Pio feel about leaving his family in Chapter 2?
(a) He was excited.
(b) He was proud.
(c) He was sad.
(d) He didn't care.
5. As a teenager, how did Padre Pio treat women?
(a) He would write about them but not speak to them.
(b) He took them out on dates.
(c) He had to fend them off.
(d) He kissed a few.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
2. How did Don Angelo treat Padre Pio as a boy?
3. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
4. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
5. In Chapter 5, what did Padre Pio do to help others through Purgatory?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Padre Pio's family put religion at the center of their lives?
2. How did World War I affect Padre Pio?
3. In Chapter 7, what did the author say about Padre Pio's family upon his return?
4. What were some of Padre Pio's rules for spiritual growth?
5. What happened when Padre Pio first returned to his hometown in Chapter 7?
6. At the end of Chapter 8, what did the author say was unique about Padre Pio's interactions with heavenly beings?
7. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
8. After moving in with the order of friars in Chapter 3, what did Padre Pio have to learn?
9. What happened when Padre Pio first decided to join the Capuchin Order?
10. What was the Rule of St. Francis?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)