|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
(a) Because he was always unprepared.
(b) Because he gave mass out of his house.
(c) Because he spoke to heavenly beings.
(d) Because he evoked demons.
2. In Chapter 12, how did Padre Pio hurt his hands?
(a) He was cut by razors.
(b) He doesn't know how.
(c) He grabbed a hot rod.
(d) He spilled acid on them.
3. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
(a) To read the Bible.
(b) To suffer more.
(c) To pray with others.
(d) To write about it.
4. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
(a) Disliking the townspeople.
(b) Pointing out sin.
(c) Forcing people to work on Sundays.
(d) Arguing with other churches.
5. In Chapter 11, what did the author say was strange about Padre Pio's early followers?
(a) They were Jewish.
(b) They were young.
(c) They were originally non-believers.
(d) They were women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Giovanna Rizzani say Padre Pio's form promised her?
2. What explanation for his hand wounds did Padre Pio give?
3. As a teenager, how did Padre Pio treat women?
4. In Chapter 5, why was Padre Pio's ordination delayed?
5. What happened when Benedetto learned of Padre Pio's wounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what did the author say about Padre Pio's miracles?
2. In Chapter 4, how did Padre Pio first react to his visions?
3. How did Padre Pio react when he fell ill in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto disagree with Padre Pio?
5. In Chapter 2, what did Padre Pio see before leaving to join the Capuchin Order?
6. What happened when Padre Pio first returned to his hometown in Chapter 7?
7. How did Padre Pio's following change after he was allowed to hear confessions?
8. In Chapter 5, how did Padre Pio feel about his suffering?
9. How did Padre Pio's family put religion at the center of their lives?
10. What were some of Padre Pio's rules for spiritual growth?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)