|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
(a) Awakening of the self.
(b) Purification of the self.
(c) Spiritual marriage.
2. What advice did Padre Pio give regarding the devil, according to the author in Chapter 11?
(a) Reject the devil.
(b) Speak with the devil.
(c) He didn't give advice regarding the devil.
(d) Believe in the devil.
3. In Chapter 7, how many stages did the author say Padre Pio's ministry had?
4. How did the author describe Padre Pio's trip to Rome?
(a) The longest trip of his life.
(b) The most painful trip of his life.
(c) The most awakening trip of his life.
(d) The most dangerous trip of his life.
5. Where did Padre Pio's father work most of his life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first stage of Padre Pio's ministry?
2. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
3. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
4. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Pietrelcina like during Padre Pio's early childhood?
2. What happened when Padre Pio went to St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
3. How did World War I affect Padre Pio?
4. What was the Rule of St. Francis?
5. In Chapter 2, what problems did the author encounter with Padre Pio's childhood?
6. What did the author discover about Padre Pio's religious life as a child in Chapter 2?
7. In Chapter 7, what was Padre Pio's hometown ministry like?
8. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto disagree with Padre Pio?
9. When did Padre Pio learn at San Marco la Catola?
10. What happened when Padre Pio first returned to his hometown in Chapter 7?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)