|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Padre Pio question becoming a full member of Capuchin Order?
(a) He couldn't renounce the joys of life.
(b) He didn't have the money.
(c) He didn't like the other men in the group.
(d) He couldn't remember his oath.
2. Where was Padre Pio told he was terminally ill?
(a) At the Vatican.
(b) At the friary.
(c) In Naples.
(d) In the United States.
3. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
(a) She didn't want to be gossiped about.
(b) She was too afraid.
(c) She never heard gossip.
(d) She was devout.
4. What vision did Padre Pio report having in 1903?
(a) Details about the world wars.
(b) A beautiful woman showing him art.
(c) Instructions on how to fight a demon.
(d) Mary holding his hand.
5. At the beginning of World War I, what did Padre Pio say the cause of war was?
(a) Man's greed.
(b) Man's unbelief.
(c) God's misunderstanding.
(d) Women's wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what did the author note about the miracles attributed to Padre Pio at this time in his life?
2. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 4, what did Padre Pio's visions inspire him to do?
4. Where did Padre Pio's father work most of his life?
5. Who recorded the instance of Padre Pio speaking with demons?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Padre Pio's family put religion at the center of their lives?
2. How did Padre Pio know Dr. Ricciardi?
3. In Chapter 2, what problems did the author encounter with Padre Pio's childhood?
4. How did World War I affect Padre Pio?
5. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
6. What was the path following Padre Pio's death to his sainthood?
7. How did Padre Pio react when he fell ill in Chapter 5?
8. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
9. After moving in with the order of friars in Chapter 3, what did Padre Pio have to learn?
10. In Chapter 2, what did Padre Pio see before leaving to join the Capuchin Order?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)