|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was healed at St. Pellegrino the Martyr when Padre Pio visited?
(a) A child.
(b) A black man.
(c) His mother.
(d) An elderly woman.
2. Why did the author say news of Padre Pio's stigmata spread slowly at first?
(a) Many people were sick at the time.
(b) News of the stigmata spread quickly.
(c) He hid them for months.
(d) People didn't believe they were real.
3. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
(a) It is the desire to be awakened.
(b) It is the desire to save one's self.
(c) It is the desire to leave the world.
(d) It is the desire to serve humanity.
4. What did the author name the first five years after Padre Pio returned home?
(b) The awakening.
(c) Double exile.
5. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
(a) Unreliable sources.
(b) A language barrier.
(c) A lack of official records.
(d) Burned documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what convinced Padre Pio to return to the cloister?
2. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
3. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
4. In Chapter 12, who did the author say Padre Pio was teaching?
5. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the author discover about Padre Pio's religious life as a child in Chapter 2?
2. At the end of Chapter 8, what did the author say was unique about Padre Pio's interactions with heavenly beings?
3. What was the Rule of St. Francis?
4. In Chapter 8, what did the author say about Padre Pio's experience with the stages of mysticism?
5. What was Pietrelcina like during Padre Pio's early childhood?
6. How did doctors respond to Padre Pio's trances?
7. What is bilocation?
8. What happened when Padre Pio went to St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
9. In Chapter 2, what problems did the author encounter with Padre Pio's childhood?
10. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)