|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
(a) Purification of the self.
(b) Spiritual marriage.
(c) Awakening of the self.
2. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto show tension toward Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted him to retrun to the friary.
(b) He wanted him to become a priest.
(c) He wanted him to write a book.
(d) He wanted him to teach classes.
3. What city is Pietrelcina near?
4. In Chapter 9, how did Benedetto show his anger toward Padre Pio?
(a) He didn't write him for months.
(b) He cut off his ministry.
(c) He didn't let him in the friary.
(d) He sent him to Western Europe.
5. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
(a) She was too afraid.
(b) She never heard gossip.
(c) She didn't want to be gossiped about.
(d) She was devout.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what convinced Padre Pio to return to the cloister?
2. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
4. In Chapter 1, what was life like in Pietrelcina?
5. In Chapter 11, how many rules for spiritual growth did the author say Padre Pio had?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, what did the author say was unique about Padre Pio's interactions with heavenly beings?
2. What was Pietrelcina like during Padre Pio's early childhood?
3. What was Padre Pio's relationship with Padre Benedetto Nardella like in the beginning?
4. After moving in with the order of friars in Chapter 3, what did Padre Pio have to learn?
5. How did Padre Pio come to have his stigmata?
6. In Chapter 12, what did the author say about Padre Pio's miracles?
7. In Chapter 7, what did the author say about Padre Pio's family upon his return?
8. What happened when Padre Pio went to St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
9. In Chapter 2, what did Padre Pio see before leaving to join the Capuchin Order?
10. How did World War I affect Padre Pio?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)