|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a teenager, how did Padre Pio treat women?
(a) He would write about them but not speak to them.
(b) He had to fend them off.
(c) He kissed a few.
(d) He took them out on dates.
2. In Chapter 2, how did Padre Pio's father react when he told him about speaking with a guardian angle?
(a) He asked Padre Pio for proof.
(b) He told Padre Pio to keep it a secret.
(c) He didn't believe Padre Pio.
(d) He believed Padre Pio.
3. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
(a) Jewish ideologies.
(c) Pagan traditions.
(d) No other ideas.
4. In Chapter 9, how did Benedetto show his anger toward Padre Pio?
(a) He didn't let him in the friary.
(b) He cut off his ministry.
(c) He sent him to Western Europe.
(d) He didn't write him for months.
5. In Chapter 1, what was life like in Pietrelcina?
(a) Many people were ill.
(b) A wave of wealth passed through the town.
(c) Most of the women left.
(d) The town had been flooding.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, who did Padre Pio tell about his desire to return to Pietrelcina?
2. In Chapter 8, what caused Padre Pio to desire to leave the world?
3. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
4. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
5. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the author discover about Padre Pio's religious life as a child in Chapter 2?
2. What happened when Padre Pio went to St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
3. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
4. How did Padre Pio's family put religion at the center of their lives?
5. What happened at San Giovanni Rotondo in World War II that was connected to Padre Pio?
6. In Chapter 25, what problems arose surrounding the hospital?
7. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
8. What happened after Padre Pio was told to transfer to Foggia?
9. In Chapter 7, what was Padre Pio's hometown ministry like?
10. What is bilocation?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)