|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
(a) A lack of official records.
(b) Unreliable sources.
(c) Burned documents.
(d) A language barrier.
2. What advice did Padre Pio give regarding the devil, according to the author in Chapter 11?
(a) He didn't give advice regarding the devil.
(b) Reject the devil.
(c) Speak with the devil.
(d) Believe in the devil.
3. In Chapter 7, how many stages did the author say Padre Pio's ministry had?
4. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto show tension toward Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted him to write a book.
(b) He wanted him to become a priest.
(c) He wanted him to teach classes.
(d) He wanted him to retrun to the friary.
5. In Chapter 12, how did Padre Pio hurt his hands?
(a) He was cut by razors.
(b) He spilled acid on them.
(c) He doesn't know how.
(d) He grabbed a hot rod.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
2. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
3. What happened when Benedetto learned of Padre Pio's wounds?
4. In Chapter 4, what did Padre Pio's visions inspire him to do?
5. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what was Padre Pio's hometown ministry like?
2. In Chapter 14, what made Padre Pio controversial?
3. What were some of Padre Pio's rules for spiritual growth?
4. What is bilocation?
5. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
6. How did Maria Pyle become associated with Padre Pio?
7. What type of travel was described in Chapter 28?
8. In Chapter 26, what was Padre Pio's daily schedule?
9. At the end of Chapter 8, what did the author say was unique about Padre Pio's interactions with heavenly beings?
10. What happened when Padre Pio first decided to join the Capuchin Order?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)