|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Padre Pio study at the friary at San Marco la Catola?
2. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
(a) That his sister had an out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
(b) That the local church was becoming corrupt.
(c) That Padre Pio wasn't welcome in his hometown.
(d) That his brother had killed someone accidentally.
3. How did Padre Pio feel about leaving his family in Chapter 2?
(a) He was excited.
(b) He didn't care.
(c) He was proud.
(d) He was sad.
4. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
(a) It is the desire to serve humanity.
(b) It is the desire to be awakened.
(c) It is the desire to save one's self.
(d) It is the desire to leave the world.
5. What did the author name the first five years after Padre Pio returned home?
(a) The awakening.
(c) Double exile.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Don Angelo treat Padre Pio as a boy?
2. At the end of Chapter 9, how did the author describe Padre Pio's time away from the friary?
3. In Chapter 5, what did Padre Pio do to help others through Purgatory?
4. In Chapter 7, how many stages did the author say Padre Pio's ministry had?
5. What happened when Padre Pio told his superiors about his visions in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how did Padre Pio first react to his visions?
2. In Chapter 7, what did the author say about Padre Pio's family upon his return?
3. How did Padre Pio feel right before joining the Capuchin Order?
4. In Chapter 8, what did the author say about Padre Pio's experience with the stages of mysticism?
5. In Chapter 5, how did Padre Pio feel about his suffering?
6. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
7. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto disagree with Padre Pio?
8. In Chapter 7, what was Padre Pio's hometown ministry like?
9. What happened after Padre Pio was diagnosed as being terminally ill?
10. What did the author discover about Padre Pio's religious life as a child in Chapter 2?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)