|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what was Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi accused of?
(a) Forgetting his vows.
(b) Undermining Padre Pio.
2. In Chapter 21, what did the author say Padre Pio's life was not when it came to supernatural feats?
(b) A carnival.
(d) A Biblical mirror.
3. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
(a) Because they were starting a ministry there.
(b) Because his sister was sick.
(c) Because he was being investigated.
(d) Because he was needed to help fix a fraudulent friary.
4. How did the author support Padre Pio's ability to bilocate in Chapter 28?
(a) He reviews accounts of reliable sources.
(b) He quotes from Padre Pio's writing.
(c) He doesn't support Padre Pio's ability to bilocate.
(d) He interviews Protestants.
5. How did Mayor Morcaldi react to news that Padre Pio should not be considered a saint?
(a) He led a march.
(b) He burned the newsletter.
(c) He met with Padre Pio in private.
(d) He wrote a letter agreeing with the decision.
6. After the new church was built in Chapter 25, what did Padre Pio begin doing?
(a) Hosting a radio show.
(b) Leading a "prayer army".
(c) Meeting with Americans.
(d) Writing books.
7. In Chapter 26, when did Padre Pio usually pray the rosary?
(a) After lunch.
(b) After mass.
(c) Between confessions.
(d) Before bedtime.
8. How did Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi try to start a fight with Padre Pio?
(a) By claiming Padre Pio perfumed himself.
(b) By stealing money from Padre Pio.
(c) By tripping Padre Pio outside church.
(d) By writing about Padre Pio in a paper.
9. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
(a) Redeveloped schools.
(b) More democratic involvement.
(c) Stricter police control.
(d) Giving the church more power.
10. What did Padre Pio say about San Giovanni Rotondo during World War II?
(a) That it would be his new home.
(b) That it would see the devil.
(c) That it would be spared.
(d) That it would fall to Hitler.
11. How did Padre Pio supposedly convert Dr. Ricciardi to Christianity?
(a) By turning inanimate objects into food.
(b) By reading his mind.
(c) By taking part in a bilocation.
(d) By healing him on his death bed.
12. When Pope Pius XI took over, what was his major concern?
(a) Totalitarian regimes.
(b) Working with ecstatics.
(c) Making the church more money.
(d) Weeding out frauds.
13. Who did Adelaide leave his trust to?
(a) Pius XII.
(b) Padre Agostino.
(c) Padre Pio.
14. What happened to Maria during World War II?
(a) She was arrested.
(b) She became sick.
(c) She disappeared.
(d) She moved back home.
15. Who did Padre Pio hire as a secretary in Chapter 24?
(a) Maria's younger sister.
(b) A cousin of his.
(c) A newspaper writer.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, why did Padre Pio turn down an examination by Gerardo Agostino Gemelli?
2. In Chapter 17, what happened to Padre Pio's confessions?
3. In "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane," what did Padre Pio salvation required?
4. In Chapter 19, why was Padre Pio's family blackmailed?
5. In Chapter 24, how did Padre Pio feel about the monarchy?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)