|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, how did the author say he felt toward reports that Padre Pio was neurotic?
(a) He agreed fully.
(b) He felt that it was most likely the truth, but couldn't prove it.
(c) He disagreed fully.
(d) He felt that it the reports were not researched enough to be taken seriously.
2. How did Padre Pio supposedly convert Dr. Ricciardi to Christianity?
(a) By taking part in a bilocation.
(b) By turning inanimate objects into food.
(c) By healing him on his death bed.
(d) By reading his mind.
3. In Chapter 26, why did the author say Padre Pio often went to bed at 1:30am?
(a) Because he was working at the hospital.
(b) Because he was speaking with God.
(c) Because he was praying the rosary.
(d) Because he was praying and reading.
4. In Chapter 21, what pauses development of The House for the Relief of Suffering?
(a) Padre Pio's illness.
(b) A lack of money.
(c) Adelaide's death.
(d) World War II.
5. How did Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi try to start a fight with Padre Pio?
(a) By writing about Padre Pio in a paper.
(b) By tripping Padre Pio outside church.
(c) By stealing money from Padre Pio.
(d) By claiming Padre Pio perfumed himself.
6. After the new church was built in Chapter 25, what did Padre Pio begin doing?
(a) Writing books.
(b) Meeting with Americans.
(c) Leading a "prayer army".
(d) Hosting a radio show.
7. When did Padre Pio have a doctor attempt to heal his stigmata wounds?
(a) In the 1950s.
(b) In the 1940s.
(c) In the 1930s.
(d) In the 1920s.
8. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
(a) He never met a protestant.
(b) World War II.
(c) After World War II ended.
(d) Before World War II began.
9. In Chapter 24, how did Padre Pio feel about the monarchy?
(a) He opposed it.
(b) He supported it.
(c) He ignored it.
(d) He wanted to join it.
10. In Chapter 19, why was Padre Pio's family blackmailed?
(a) To end a harrassment charge.
(b) To stop personal photos from being leaked.
(c) To prevent a book from being published.
(d) To save Padre Pio's job.
11. What did Don Giovanni Miscio say against Padre Pio and his ministry?
(a) He said they were robbing Padre Pio.
(b) He said they were distancing themselves from the church's doctrine.
(c) He said they were using Padre Pio to make money.
(d) He said they were being tricked by Padre Pio.
12. How did Mayor Morcaldi react to news that Padre Pio should not be considered a saint?
(a) He wrote a letter agreeing with the decision.
(b) He burned the newsletter.
(c) He led a march.
(d) He met with Padre Pio in private.
13. In Chapter 26, how long did the author say Padre Pio would hear confessions for each day?
(a) Up to 4 hours a day.
(b) He stopped hearing confessions at this time.
(c) Up to 8 hours a day.
(d) Up to 6 hours a day.
14. When Padre Pio's friends could not meet with him in Chapter 20, what did they do?
(a) Sang songs.
(b) Wrote letters.
(c) Went home.
(d) Broke into his room.
15. In Chapter 14, why did Padre Pio turn down an examination by Gerardo Agostino Gemelli?
(a) Because he wasn't Christian.
(b) Because he didn't have permission.
(c) He didn't turn the examination down.
(d) Because he wasn't certified.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Padre Pio feel about the lines of people who wanted to confess to him in Chapter 26?
2. What did Padre Pio say about San Giovanni Rotondo during World War II?
3. In Chapter 23, how did American and British soldiers affect Padre Pio's ministry?
4. At the end of Chapter 24, who did the author say called on Padre Pio for help?
5. What happened after Benedetto was forbidden from writing to Padre Pio?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)