|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Pope Benedict XV protect Padre Pio during his lifetime?
(a) Because he felt that Padre Pio was authentic.
(b) Because he protected all Catholics.
(c) He didn't, Pope Benedict XV was Padre Pio's enemy.
(d) Because he took an oath to protect Padre Pio.
2. Who did Padre Pio hire as a secretary in Chapter 24?
(a) A cousin of his.
(b) Maria's younger sister.
(c) A priest.
(d) A newspaper writer.
3. In Chapter 26, when did Padre Pio usually pray the rosary?
(a) After lunch.
(b) Before bedtime.
(c) After mass.
(d) Between confessions.
4. In Chapter 29, when Padre Pio healed, who did he give credit to?
(a) No one.
5. In Chapter 21, how long did the author say Padre Pio reportedly slept for at night?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Eight hours.
6. When did Maria Pyle decide to become one of Padre Pio's disciples?
(a) A few years after following him.
(b) As soon as she met him.
(c) After hearing one of his sermons in Germany.
(d) She never officially became a disciple.
7. What nickname was Maria Pyle given?
(a) Le Francious.
(b) The Woman.
(c) My Maria.
(d) L' Americana.
8. In Chapter 28, how was Padre Pio's ability to bilocate described?
(a) As being enlightening.
(b) As being unusual.
(c) As being false.
(d) As being dangerous.
9. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
(a) He never met a protestant.
(b) After World War II ended.
(c) Before World War II began.
(d) World War II.
10. In Chapter 14, how did the author say World War I affected Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) It shrunk it.
(b) It made it illegal.
(c) It grew it.
(d) It strengthened their beliefs.
11. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio name his sacrifice to God for the needs of the unsaved?
(a) His justification.
(b) His imprisonment.
(c) His duty.
(d) His crime.
12. In Chapter 20, what did the author say made Padre Pio's life in Rome a little easier?
(a) The pope writes a statement in his favor.
(b) Gagliardi loses his job.
(c) They make a holiday to honor him.
(d) Andrea Cesarano offers support to Padre Pio.
13. In Chapter 27, why did the author described Padre Pio as "charismatic"?
(a) Because most people loved him.
(b) Because he was a good public speaker.
(c) Because he renewed interest in the church.
(d) Because he worked religious miracles.
14. What did Don Giovanni Miscio say against Padre Pio and his ministry?
(a) He said they were using Padre Pio to make money.
(b) He said they were being tricked by Padre Pio.
(c) He said they were distancing themselves from the church's doctrine.
(d) He said they were robbing Padre Pio.
15. In Chapter 13, how did the author say he felt toward reports that Padre Pio was neurotic?
(a) He felt that it was most likely the truth, but couldn't prove it.
(b) He disagreed fully.
(c) He agreed fully.
(d) He felt that it the reports were not researched enough to be taken seriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, when did the author say Padre Pio's day began?
2. In Chapter 17, what miracles did the author detail?
3. In "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane," what did Padre Pio salvation required?
4. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
5. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)