|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what example did the author use to prove how harsh Padre Pio could be with his supporters?
(a) He would tell them they were going to hell.
(b) He would send them home without speaking to them.
(c) He would shut doors in their faces.
(d) He would slap them.
2. In Chapter 26, when did the author say Padre Pio's day began?
3. In Chapter 19, why did Padre Pio feel like he had more time to work with his spiritual children?
(a) Because he was apart from his family.
(b) Because he had a smaller amount of spiritual children.
(c) Because he wasn't preaching.
(d) Because he had his own church to meet with them.
4. What did Padre Pio say about San Giovanni Rotondo during World War II?
(a) That it would fall to Hitler.
(b) That it would be spared.
(c) That it would be his new home.
(d) That it would see the devil.
5. In Chapter 26, when did Padre Pio usually pray the rosary?
(a) Before bedtime.
(b) After mass.
(c) Between confessions.
(d) After lunch.
6. In Chapter 18, why did Maria Pyle's mother come to Italy?
(a) To try to bring Maria home.
(b) To take a vacation.
(c) To move to Italy.
(d) To meet Padre Pio.
7. Who did Padre Pio hire as a secretary in Chapter 24?
(a) A cousin of his.
(b) Maria's younger sister.
(c) A newspaper writer.
(d) A priest.
8. In Chapter 15, what did the author say Padre Pio accepted donations for?
(a) He refused donations.
(b) Only children.
(c) To pay for his medical expenses.
(d) The needy.
9. In Chapter 23, how did American and British soldiers affect Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) They forced him to move.
(b) They spread it.
(c) They shrunk the number of followers.
(d) They translated his writings.
10. In Chapter 18, what did Padre Pio decide to build?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A church.
(d) A school.
11. In Chapter 14, how did the author say World War I affected Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) It grew it.
(b) It shrunk it.
(c) It strengthened their beliefs.
(d) It made it illegal.
12. In Chapter 29, when Padre Pio healed, who did he give credit to?
(d) No one.
13. What happened after Benedetto was forbidden from writing to Padre Pio?
(a) Padre Pio wrote Benedetto instead.
(b) He visited him in private.
(c) They never met again.
(d) Benedetto was arrested.
14. In Chapter 29, what did a blind man claim Padre Pio did for him?
(a) Renewed his religious beliefs.
(c) Restored his pupils.
(d) Gave him sight for one year.
15. In Chapter 27, how did Carrigan feel about Padre Pio's miracles?
(a) He believed in them.
(b) He was skeptical.
(c) He was worried about them.
(d) He tried to hide them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Adelaide leave his trust to?
2. What did Don Giovanni Miscio say against Padre Pio and his ministry?
3. In 1933, what changed for Padre Pio?
4. In Chapter 21, what pauses development of The House for the Relief of Suffering?
5. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio name his sacrifice to God for the needs of the unsaved?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)