|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1933, what changed for Padre Pio?
(a) He could hear confessions from women.
(b) He could give last rites.
(c) He could break the host.
(d) He could give mass publicly.
2. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio lose?
(a) His entire friary.
(b) His mother.
(c) Most of his priestly powers.
(d) Donations from his spiritual children.
3. In Chapter 27, why did the author described Padre Pio as "charismatic"?
(a) Because he renewed interest in the church.
(b) Because he worked religious miracles.
(c) Because he was a good public speaker.
(d) Because most people loved him.
4. How did Padre Pio supposedly convert Dr. Ricciardi to Christianity?
(a) By turning inanimate objects into food.
(b) By healing him on his death bed.
(c) By taking part in a bilocation.
(d) By reading his mind.
5. In Chapter 19, why was Padre Pio's family blackmailed?
(a) To prevent a book from being published.
(b) To save Padre Pio's job.
(c) To stop personal photos from being leaked.
(d) To end a harrassment charge.
6. At the end of Chapter 24, who did the author say called on Padre Pio for help?
(b) Sick people.
(c) Famous people.
7. In Chapter 26, what example did the author use to prove how harsh Padre Pio could be with his supporters?
(a) He would send them home without speaking to them.
(b) He would tell them they were going to hell.
(c) He would slap them.
(d) He would shut doors in their faces.
8. In Chapter 17, what happened to Padre Pio's confessions?
(a) He was able to predict their sins.
(b) He could relieve people of sin by touching them.
(c) He stopped taking confessions.
(d) He began taking confessions from women.
9. What happened to Maria during World War II?
(a) She became sick.
(b) She moved back home.
(c) She was arrested.
(d) She disappeared.
10. In Chapter 16, what did Gagliardi tell the Papal office about Padre Pio?
(a) That he was hated at his friary.
(b) That he was stealing.
(c) That he was a reliable source.
(d) That he was demonic.
11. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
(a) Giving the church more power.
(b) More democratic involvement.
(c) Redeveloped schools.
(d) Stricter police control.
12. When did Maria Pyle decide to become one of Padre Pio's disciples?
(a) A few years after following him.
(b) After hearing one of his sermons in Germany.
(c) As soon as she met him.
(d) She never officially became a disciple.
13. In "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane," what did Padre Pio salvation required?
14. In Chapter 26, when did the author say Padre Pio's day began?
15. How did Mayor Morcaldi react to news that Padre Pio should not be considered a saint?
(a) He led a march.
(b) He wrote a letter agreeing with the decision.
(c) He met with Padre Pio in private.
(d) He burned the newsletter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
2. In Chapter 26, when did Padre Pio usually pray the rosary?
3. What nickname was Maria Pyle given?
4. In Chapter 13, how did the author say he felt toward reports that Padre Pio was neurotic?
5. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)