|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Maria during World War II?
(a) She became sick.
(b) She was arrested.
(c) She moved back home.
(d) She disappeared.
2. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
(a) World War II.
(b) After World War II ended.
(c) Before World War II began.
(d) He never met a protestant.
3. In Chapter 27, how did Carrigan feel about Padre Pio's miracles?
(a) He was skeptical.
(b) He was worried about them.
(c) He believed in them.
(d) He tried to hide them.
4. How did Mayor Morcaldi react to news that Padre Pio should not be considered a saint?
(a) He wrote a letter agreeing with the decision.
(b) He met with Padre Pio in private.
(c) He led a march.
(d) He burned the newsletter.
5. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
(a) More democratic involvement.
(b) Redeveloped schools.
(c) Stricter police control.
(d) Giving the church more power.
6. How did Padre Pio supposedly convert Dr. Ricciardi to Christianity?
(a) By healing him on his death bed.
(b) By taking part in a bilocation.
(c) By reading his mind.
(d) By turning inanimate objects into food.
7. In Chapter 26, what example did the author use to prove how harsh Padre Pio could be with his supporters?
(a) He would shut doors in their faces.
(b) He would slap them.
(c) He would send them home without speaking to them.
(d) He would tell them they were going to hell.
8. How did the author support Padre Pio's ability to bilocate in Chapter 28?
(a) He interviews Protestants.
(b) He doesn't support Padre Pio's ability to bilocate.
(c) He reviews accounts of reliable sources.
(d) He quotes from Padre Pio's writing.
9. In Chapter 15, why did Archpriest Don Giuseppe begin confessing to Padre Pio?
(a) Because he thought he was blessed.
(b) Because he wanted a promotion in the friary.
(c) Because Padre Pio was most trustful.
(d) Because he thought Padre Pio was a different person.
10. How did Padre Pio feel about the lines of people who wanted to confess to him in Chapter 26?
(a) He didn't mind except when people cut in line.
(b) He loved the line.
(c) He would force the line to break up every so often.
(d) He thought they were all wasting their time.
11. In Chapter 21, how long did the author say Padre Pio reportedly slept for at night?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Eight hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Two hours.
12. When Padre Bernardo became Cardinal, how did it affect Padre Pio?
(a) He was given more freedom.
(b) He had less money to work with.
(c) He faced more constraints.
(d) It didn't affect Padre Pio.
13. In Chapter 26, how long did the author say Padre Pio would hear confessions for each day?
(a) Up to 4 hours a day.
(b) Up to 8 hours a day.
(c) He stopped hearing confessions at this time.
(d) Up to 6 hours a day.
14. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio lose?
(a) Donations from his spiritual children.
(b) Most of his priestly powers.
(c) His mother.
(d) His entire friary.
15. When did Padre Pio have a doctor attempt to heal his stigmata wounds?
(a) In the 1930s.
(b) In the 1940s.
(c) In the 1920s.
(d) In the 1950s.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi try to start a fight with Padre Pio?
2. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
3. When did Maria Pyle decide to become one of Padre Pio's disciples?
4. What mood was Padre Pio in when he wrote "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
5. In Chapter 13, how long did the author say Padre Pio's hands bled for?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)