|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 29, what did a blind man claim Padre Pio did for him?
(b) Restored his pupils.
(c) Renewed his religious beliefs.
(d) Gave him sight for one year.
2. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
(a) He would slap them.
(b) He would yell at them.
(c) He would beg for their forgiveness.
(d) He would leave the room.
3. In Chapter 21, what pauses development of The House for the Relief of Suffering?
(a) A lack of money.
(b) Adelaide's death.
(c) World War II.
(d) Padre Pio's illness.
4. In Chapter 27, why did the author described Padre Pio as "charismatic"?
(a) Because most people loved him.
(b) Because he worked religious miracles.
(c) Because he was a good public speaker.
(d) Because he renewed interest in the church.
5. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
(a) Redeveloped schools.
(b) Stricter police control.
(c) More democratic involvement.
(d) Giving the church more power.
6. When Padre Bernardo became Cardinal, how did it affect Padre Pio?
(a) He was given more freedom.
(b) It didn't affect Padre Pio.
(c) He had less money to work with.
(d) He faced more constraints.
7. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
(a) Because they couldn't confirm his supernatural character.
(b) Because he suffered from mental illness.
(c) Because he was too controversal.
(d) Because they had healed his stigmata.
8. In Chapter 21, how did Padre Pio feel about people traveling to see him?
(a) He liked it.
(b) He felt proud.
(c) He disliked it.
(d) He was embarrassed by it.
9. In Chapter 21, what did the author say Padre Pio's life was not when it came to supernatural feats?
(a) A Biblical mirror.
(c) A carnival.
10. What mood was Padre Pio in when he wrote "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
11. In Chapter 19, why was Padre Pio's family blackmailed?
(a) To end a harrassment charge.
(b) To prevent a book from being published.
(c) To stop personal photos from being leaked.
(d) To save Padre Pio's job.
12. In Chapter 20, what did Mayor Mordalci do to try to defend Padre Pio?
(a) Block off Padre Pio's windows.
(b) Expose his opponents in a book.
(c) Write an editorial in his favor.
(d) Create a safe haven in his town.
13. In Chapter 15, what was Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi accused of?
(b) Forgetting his vows.
(d) Undermining Padre Pio.
14. When Pope Pius XI took over, what was his major concern?
(a) Weeding out frauds.
(b) Working with ecstatics.
(c) Making the church more money.
(d) Totalitarian regimes.
15. In Chapter 15, why did Archpriest Don Giuseppe begin confessing to Padre Pio?
(a) Because he thought he was blessed.
(b) Because Padre Pio was most trustful.
(c) Because he thought Padre Pio was a different person.
(d) Because he wanted a promotion in the friary.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the new church was built in Chapter 25, what did Padre Pio begin doing?
2. In Chapter 27, how did Padre Pio speak to others about his miracles?
3. How did Pellegrina die?
4. In Chapter 25, what did Padre Pio say his medical and religious center would appeal to?
5. How did Padre Pio feel about the lines of people who wanted to confess to him in Chapter 26?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)