|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Maria Pyle decide to become one of Padre Pio's disciples?
(a) She never officially became a disciple.
(b) After hearing one of his sermons in Germany.
(c) As soon as she met him.
(d) A few years after following him.
2. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
(a) Because he was being investigated.
(b) Because he was needed to help fix a fraudulent friary.
(c) Because they were starting a ministry there.
(d) Because his sister was sick.
3. In Chapter 21, what pauses development of The House for the Relief of Suffering?
(a) A lack of money.
(b) Padre Pio's illness.
(c) Adelaide's death.
(d) World War II.
4. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
(a) Stricter police control.
(b) More democratic involvement.
(c) Giving the church more power.
(d) Redeveloped schools.
5. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
(a) Because they had healed his stigmata.
(b) Because he was too controversal.
(c) Because they couldn't confirm his supernatural character.
(d) Because he suffered from mental illness.
6. In Chapter 24, what religious movement did Padre Pio try to stop?
(a) Jewish Reformists.
(b) Seventh Day Adventists.
(c) Jehovah's Witnesses.
7. In Chapter 26, when did Padre Pio usually pray the rosary?
(a) After mass.
(b) Between confessions.
(c) Before bedtime.
(d) After lunch.
8. In Chapter 18, why did Maria Pyle's mother come to Italy?
(a) To take a vacation.
(b) To try to bring Maria home.
(c) To move to Italy.
(d) To meet Padre Pio.
9. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio name his sacrifice to God for the needs of the unsaved?
(a) His duty.
(b) His imprisonment.
(c) His crime.
(d) His justification.
10. In Chapter 21, how did Padre Pio feel about people traveling to see him?
(a) He was embarrassed by it.
(b) He felt proud.
(c) He liked it.
(d) He disliked it.
11. In Chapter 26, what did Padre Pio do instead of eating dinner?
12. In Chapter 23, how did American and British soldiers affect Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) They translated his writings.
(b) They shrunk the number of followers.
(c) They forced him to move.
(d) They spread it.
13. In Chapter 26, how long did the author say Padre Pio would hear confessions for each day?
(a) He stopped hearing confessions at this time.
(b) Up to 4 hours a day.
(c) Up to 6 hours a day.
(d) Up to 8 hours a day.
14. In Chapter 18, what did Padre Pio decide to build?
(a) A school.
(b) A church.
(c) An orphanage.
(d) A hospital.
15. How did Mayor Morcaldi react to news that Padre Pio should not be considered a saint?
(a) He met with Padre Pio in private.
(b) He burned the newsletter.
(c) He wrote a letter agreeing with the decision.
(d) He led a march.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 29, what did a blind man claim Padre Pio did for him?
2. In Chapter 26, when did the author say Padre Pio's day began?
3. In Chapter 19, why was Padre Pio's family blackmailed?
4. How did Padre Pio feel about the lines of people who wanted to confess to him in Chapter 26?
5. Why did Brunatto threaten to publish a book?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)