|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
(a) Because his sister was sick.
(b) Because they were starting a ministry there.
(c) Because he was needed to help fix a fraudulent friary.
(d) Because he was being investigated.
2. When did Padre Pio have a doctor attempt to heal his stigmata wounds?
(a) In the 1950s.
(b) In the 1930s.
(c) In the 1920s.
(d) In the 1940s.
3. In Chapter 25, what did Padre Pio say his medical and religious center would appeal to?
(a) Body and earth.
(b) Mind and God.
(c) Earth and God.
(d) Body and soul.
4. How did Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi try to start a fight with Padre Pio?
(a) By claiming Padre Pio perfumed himself.
(b) By stealing money from Padre Pio.
(c) By tripping Padre Pio outside church.
(d) By writing about Padre Pio in a paper.
5. How did Padre Pio feel about the lines of people who wanted to confess to him in Chapter 26?
(a) He didn't mind except when people cut in line.
(b) He thought they were all wasting their time.
(c) He loved the line.
(d) He would force the line to break up every so often.
6. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
(a) He would leave the room.
(b) He would beg for their forgiveness.
(c) He would slap them.
(d) He would yell at them.
7. In Chapter 29, what did a blind man claim Padre Pio did for him?
(a) Gave him sight for one year.
(b) Restored his pupils.
(c) Renewed his religious beliefs.
8. In Chapter 14, why did Padre Pio turn down an examination by Gerardo Agostino Gemelli?
(a) Because he wasn't certified.
(b) Because he didn't have permission.
(c) He didn't turn the examination down.
(d) Because he wasn't Christian.
9. Who did Padre Pio hire as a secretary in Chapter 24?
(a) Maria's younger sister.
(b) A priest.
(c) A cousin of his.
(d) A newspaper writer.
10. In Chapter 26, when did the author say Padre Pio's day began?
11. In Chapter 19, why did Padre Pio feel like he had more time to work with his spiritual children?
(a) Because he wasn't preaching.
(b) Because he had his own church to meet with them.
(c) Because he had a smaller amount of spiritual children.
(d) Because he was apart from his family.
12. In Chapter 21, how long did the author say Padre Pio reportedly slept for at night?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Two hours.
13. In Chapter 25, what month was the hospital built?
14. In Chapter 17, what miracles did the author detail?
(a) Birthing miracles.
(b) Speaking in tongue miracles.
(c) Healing miracles.
(d) Natural disaster miracles.
15. What did Padre Pio say about San Giovanni Rotondo during World War II?
(a) That it would fall to Hitler.
(b) That it would be spared.
(c) That it would be his new home.
(d) That it would see the devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio lose?
2. After the new church was built in Chapter 25, what did Padre Pio begin doing?
3. In Chapter 15, what was Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi accused of?
4. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
5. When Padre Bernardo became Cardinal, how did it affect Padre Pio?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)