|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Padre Pio say about San Giovanni Rotondo during World War II?
(a) That it would be his new home.
(b) That it would see the devil.
(c) That it would fall to Hitler.
(d) That it would be spared.
2. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
(a) He would leave the room.
(b) He would yell at them.
(c) He would slap them.
(d) He would beg for their forgiveness.
3. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio name his sacrifice to God for the needs of the unsaved?
(a) His imprisonment.
(b) His justification.
(c) His duty.
(d) His crime.
4. In Chapter 27, what varied about Padre Pio according to who was witnessing him?
(a) His height.
(b) His glow.
(c) His smell.
(d) His voice.
5. In Chapter 13, how did the author say he felt toward reports that Padre Pio was neurotic?
(a) He felt that it the reports were not researched enough to be taken seriously.
(b) He disagreed fully.
(c) He felt that it was most likely the truth, but couldn't prove it.
(d) He agreed fully.
6. In Chapter 14, why did Padre Pio turn down an examination by Gerardo Agostino Gemelli?
(a) Because he wasn't Christian.
(b) Because he wasn't certified.
(c) He didn't turn the examination down.
(d) Because he didn't have permission.
7. How did Mayor Morcaldi react to news that Padre Pio should not be considered a saint?
(a) He met with Padre Pio in private.
(b) He wrote a letter agreeing with the decision.
(c) He burned the newsletter.
(d) He led a march.
8. In Chapter 26, why did the author say Padre Pio often went to bed at 1:30am?
(a) Because he was praying and reading.
(b) Because he was speaking with God.
(c) Because he was praying the rosary.
(d) Because he was working at the hospital.
9. How did Bill Carrigan describe Padre Pio after meeting him?
10. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
(a) Before World War II began.
(b) After World War II ended.
(c) He never met a protestant.
(d) World War II.
11. In Chapter 25, what did Padre Pio say his medical and religious center would appeal to?
(a) Earth and God.
(b) Body and earth.
(c) Mind and God.
(d) Body and soul.
12. In Chapter 27, how did Carrigan feel about Padre Pio's miracles?
(a) He believed in them.
(b) He was worried about them.
(c) He was skeptical.
(d) He tried to hide them.
13. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio lose?
(a) His mother.
(b) His entire friary.
(c) Most of his priestly powers.
(d) Donations from his spiritual children.
14. In Chapter 17, what happened to Padre Pio's confessions?
(a) He was able to predict their sins.
(b) He could relieve people of sin by touching them.
(c) He began taking confessions from women.
(d) He stopped taking confessions.
15. In Chapter 21, what did the author say Padre Pio's life was not when it came to supernatural feats?
(c) A Biblical mirror.
(d) A carnival.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, how did Padre Pio speak to others about his miracles?
2. In Chapter 23, how did American and British soldiers affect Padre Pio's ministry?
3. When Padre Bernardo became Cardinal, how did it affect Padre Pio?
4. In Chapter 21, how did Padre Pio feel about people traveling to see him?
5. In Chapter 15, what did the author say Padre Pio accepted donations for?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)