|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Padre Pio hire as a secretary in Chapter 24?
(a) A cousin of his.
(b) Maria's younger sister.
(c) A priest.
(d) A newspaper writer.
2. In Chapter 17, what happened to Padre Pio's confessions?
(a) He stopped taking confessions.
(b) He was able to predict their sins.
(c) He could relieve people of sin by touching them.
(d) He began taking confessions from women.
3. In Chapter 18, why did Maria Pyle's mother come to Italy?
(a) To meet Padre Pio.
(b) To try to bring Maria home.
(c) To take a vacation.
(d) To move to Italy.
4. In Chapter 26, how long did the author say Padre Pio would hear confessions for each day?
(a) Up to 8 hours a day.
(b) Up to 6 hours a day.
(c) He stopped hearing confessions at this time.
(d) Up to 4 hours a day.
5. In Chapter 15, why did Archpriest Don Giuseppe begin confessing to Padre Pio?
(a) Because he thought he was blessed.
(b) Because he thought Padre Pio was a different person.
(c) Because Padre Pio was most trustful.
(d) Because he wanted a promotion in the friary.
6. In Chapter 14, why did Padre Pio turn down an examination by Gerardo Agostino Gemelli?
(a) Because he wasn't Christian.
(b) Because he wasn't certified.
(c) He didn't turn the examination down.
(d) Because he didn't have permission.
7. How did Bill Carrigan describe Padre Pio after meeting him?
8. In Chapter 24, how did Padre Pio feel about the monarchy?
(a) He opposed it.
(b) He supported it.
(c) He wanted to join it.
(d) He ignored it.
9. In Chapter 29, what did a blind man claim Padre Pio did for him?
(b) Renewed his religious beliefs.
(c) Gave him sight for one year.
(d) Restored his pupils.
10. In Chapter 24, what did the author say led to Padre Pio's political involvement?
(a) Crime in his neighborhood.
(c) Reading secular texts.
(d) Meeting American soldiers.
11. What did Padre Pio say about San Giovanni Rotondo during World War II?
(a) That it would see the devil.
(b) That it would fall to Hitler.
(c) That it would be his new home.
(d) That it would be spared.
12. What happened to Maria during World War II?
(a) She became sick.
(b) She was arrested.
(c) She moved back home.
(d) She disappeared.
13. In Chapter 25, what month was the hospital built?
14. In Chapter 27, what varied about Padre Pio according to who was witnessing him?
(a) His height.
(b) His voice.
(c) His glow.
(d) His smell.
15. When Padre Bernardo became Cardinal, how did it affect Padre Pio?
(a) He faced more constraints.
(b) He was given more freedom.
(c) It didn't affect Padre Pio.
(d) He had less money to work with.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
2. When did Padre Pio have a doctor attempt to heal his stigmata wounds?
3. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio name his sacrifice to God for the needs of the unsaved?
4. What did Don Giovanni Miscio say against Padre Pio and his ministry?
5. In 1933, what changed for Padre Pio?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)