|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Padre Bernardo became Cardinal, how did it affect Padre Pio?
(a) He had less money to work with.
(b) He was given more freedom.
(c) He faced more constraints.
(d) It didn't affect Padre Pio.
2. In Chapter 24, how did Padre Pio feel about the monarchy?
(a) He wanted to join it.
(b) He opposed it.
(c) He ignored it.
(d) He supported it.
3. In Chapter 28, how was Padre Pio's ability to bilocate described?
(a) As being enlightening.
(b) As being dangerous.
(c) As being false.
(d) As being unusual.
4. In Chapter 19, why did Padre Pio feel like he had more time to work with his spiritual children?
(a) Because he was apart from his family.
(b) Because he had his own church to meet with them.
(c) Because he had a smaller amount of spiritual children.
(d) Because he wasn't preaching.
5. What did Don Giovanni Miscio say against Padre Pio and his ministry?
(a) He said they were distancing themselves from the church's doctrine.
(b) He said they were robbing Padre Pio.
(c) He said they were using Padre Pio to make money.
(d) He said they were being tricked by Padre Pio.
6. In Chapter 29, when Padre Pio healed, who did he give credit to?
(a) No one.
7. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio lose?
(a) His mother.
(b) His entire friary.
(c) Most of his priestly powers.
(d) Donations from his spiritual children.
8. In Chapter 17, what miracles did the author detail?
(a) Healing miracles.
(b) Natural disaster miracles.
(c) Birthing miracles.
(d) Speaking in tongue miracles.
9. When did Maria Pyle decide to become one of Padre Pio's disciples?
(a) She never officially became a disciple.
(b) A few years after following him.
(c) After hearing one of his sermons in Germany.
(d) As soon as she met him.
10. Who did Padre Pio hire as a secretary in Chapter 24?
(a) Maria's younger sister.
(b) A priest.
(c) A newspaper writer.
(d) A cousin of his.
11. In Chapter 26, why did the author say Padre Pio often went to bed at 1:30am?
(a) Because he was speaking with God.
(b) Because he was praying and reading.
(c) Because he was working at the hospital.
(d) Because he was praying the rosary.
12. In Chapter 26, when did the author say Padre Pio's day began?
13. After the new church was built in Chapter 25, what did Padre Pio begin doing?
(a) Writing books.
(b) Meeting with Americans.
(c) Leading a "prayer army".
(d) Hosting a radio show.
14. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
(a) Because they had healed his stigmata.
(b) Because he suffered from mental illness.
(c) Because he was too controversal.
(d) Because they couldn't confirm his supernatural character.
15. In Chapter 26, what did Padre Pio do instead of eating dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, what varied about Padre Pio according to who was witnessing him?
2. In Chapter 23, how did American and British soldiers affect Padre Pio's ministry?
3. In Chapter 15, what was Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi accused of?
4. When Padre Pio's friends could not meet with him in Chapter 20, what did they do?
5. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio name his sacrifice to God for the needs of the unsaved?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)