|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, why did Maria Pyle's mother come to Italy?
(a) To move to Italy.
(b) To try to bring Maria home.
(c) To take a vacation.
(d) To meet Padre Pio.
2. After the new church was built in Chapter 25, what did Padre Pio begin doing?
(a) Leading a "prayer army".
(b) Writing books.
(c) Hosting a radio show.
(d) Meeting with Americans.
3. In Chapter 24, what did the author say led to Padre Pio's political involvement?
(a) Reading secular texts.
(c) Crime in his neighborhood.
(d) Meeting American soldiers.
4. In Chapter 19, why did Padre Pio feel like he had more time to work with his spiritual children?
(a) Because he wasn't preaching.
(b) Because he had his own church to meet with them.
(c) Because he had a smaller amount of spiritual children.
(d) Because he was apart from his family.
5. In Chapter 19, why was Padre Pio's family blackmailed?
(a) To save Padre Pio's job.
(b) To end a harrassment charge.
(c) To stop personal photos from being leaked.
(d) To prevent a book from being published.
6. What did Padre Pio say about San Giovanni Rotondo during World War II?
(a) That it would be his new home.
(b) That it would fall to Hitler.
(c) That it would be spared.
(d) That it would see the devil.
7. In Chapter 17, what happened to Padre Pio's confessions?
(a) He could relieve people of sin by touching them.
(b) He was able to predict their sins.
(c) He began taking confessions from women.
(d) He stopped taking confessions.
8. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio name his sacrifice to God for the needs of the unsaved?
(a) His crime.
(b) His imprisonment.
(c) His justification.
(d) His duty.
9. How did Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi try to start a fight with Padre Pio?
(a) By claiming Padre Pio perfumed himself.
(b) By stealing money from Padre Pio.
(c) By writing about Padre Pio in a paper.
(d) By tripping Padre Pio outside church.
10. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
(a) He would slap them.
(b) He would beg for their forgiveness.
(c) He would leave the room.
(d) He would yell at them.
11. In Chapter 26, how long did the author say Padre Pio would hear confessions for each day?
(a) Up to 6 hours a day.
(b) Up to 4 hours a day.
(c) Up to 8 hours a day.
(d) He stopped hearing confessions at this time.
12. What happened to Maria during World War II?
(a) She became sick.
(b) She was arrested.
(c) She disappeared.
(d) She moved back home.
13. In Chapter 29, when Padre Pio healed, who did he give credit to?
(c) No one.
14. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
(a) Because he suffered from mental illness.
(b) Because they had healed his stigmata.
(c) Because he was too controversal.
(d) Because they couldn't confirm his supernatural character.
15. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio lose?
(a) Most of his priestly powers.
(b) Donations from his spiritual children.
(c) His mother.
(d) His entire friary.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what example did the author use to prove how harsh Padre Pio could be with his supporters?
2. In Chapter 13, how long did the author say Padre Pio's hands bled for?
3. What mood was Padre Pio in when he wrote "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
4. In Chapter 15, what was Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi accused of?
5. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)