Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 27, what varied about Padre Pio according to who was witnessing him?
(a) His voice.
(b) His height.
(c) His smell.
(d) His glow.
2. In Chapter 26, why did the author say Padre Pio often went to bed at 1:30am?
(a) Because he was speaking with God.
(b) Because he was working at the hospital.
(c) Because he was praying and reading.
(d) Because he was praying the rosary.
3. In Chapter 15, what was Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi accused of?
(a) Undermining Padre Pio.
(d) Forgetting his vows.
4. In Chapter 26, when did Padre Pio usually pray the rosary?
(a) Before bedtime.
(b) After mass.
(c) Between confessions.
(d) After lunch.
5. In Chapter 24, how did Padre Pio feel about the monarchy?
(a) He ignored it.
(b) He supported it.
(c) He wanted to join it.
(d) He opposed it.
6. How did Padre Pio feel about the lines of people who wanted to confess to him in Chapter 26?
(a) He thought they were all wasting their time.
(b) He would force the line to break up every so often.
(c) He didn't mind except when people cut in line.
(d) He loved the line.
7. What did Padre Pio say about San Giovanni Rotondo during World War II?
(a) That it would be his new home.
(b) That it would see the devil.
(c) That it would be spared.
(d) That it would fall to Hitler.
8. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
(a) After World War II ended.
(b) Before World War II began.
(c) World War II.
(d) He never met a protestant.
9. In Chapter 13, how did the author say he felt toward reports that Padre Pio was neurotic?
(a) He felt that it was most likely the truth, but couldn't prove it.
(b) He agreed fully.
(c) He felt that it the reports were not researched enough to be taken seriously.
(d) He disagreed fully.
10. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
(a) Giving the church more power.
(b) Stricter police control.
(c) Redeveloped schools.
(d) More democratic involvement.
11. In Chapter 27, how did Carrigan feel about Padre Pio's miracles?
(a) He tried to hide them.
(b) He believed in them.
(c) He was skeptical.
(d) He was worried about them.
12. In Chapter 16, what did Gagliardi tell the Papal office about Padre Pio?
(a) That he was a reliable source.
(b) That he was demonic.
(c) That he was hated at his friary.
(d) That he was stealing.
13. In Chapter 29, when Padre Pio healed, who did he give credit to?
(b) No one.
14. In Chapter 27, how did Padre Pio speak to others about his miracles?
(a) He would describe them in great detail in private.
(b) He would only write about them.
(c) He held monthly public reviews of his miracles.
(d) He avoided speaking about them.
15. In Chapter 21, how long did the author say Padre Pio reportedly slept for at night?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) Four hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Maria during World War II?
2. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
3. In Chapter 21, what pauses development of The House for the Relief of Suffering?
4. When Padre Pio's friends could not meet with him in Chapter 20, what did they do?
5. In Chapter 17, what happened to Padre Pio's confessions?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)