|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what did Gagliardi tell the Papal office about Padre Pio?
(a) That he was hated at his friary.
(b) That he was stealing.
(c) That he was a reliable source.
(d) That he was demonic.
2. What mood was Padre Pio in when he wrote "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
3. At the end of Chapter 24, who did the author say called on Padre Pio for help?
(a) Famous people.
(d) Sick people.
4. In Chapter 29, when Padre Pio healed, who did he give credit to?
(b) No one.
5. In Chapter 15, what did the author say Padre Pio accepted donations for?
(a) The needy.
(b) He refused donations.
(c) To pay for his medical expenses.
(d) Only children.
6. Who did Adelaide leave his trust to?
(a) Padre Agostino.
(c) Pius XII.
(d) Padre Pio.
7. In Chapter 20, what did the author say made Padre Pio's life in Rome a little easier?
(a) Gagliardi loses his job.
(b) Andrea Cesarano offers support to Padre Pio.
(c) They make a holiday to honor him.
(d) The pope writes a statement in his favor.
8. In 1933, what changed for Padre Pio?
(a) He could give mass publicly.
(b) He could give last rites.
(c) He could break the host.
(d) He could hear confessions from women.
9. In Chapter 21, how long did the author say Padre Pio reportedly slept for at night?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Six hours.
(d) Eight hours.
10. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio lose?
(a) Most of his priestly powers.
(b) His entire friary.
(c) His mother.
(d) Donations from his spiritual children.
11. How did Bill Carrigan describe Padre Pio after meeting him?
12. In Chapter 25, what month was the hospital built?
13. When Padre Bernardo became Cardinal, how did it affect Padre Pio?
(a) He had less money to work with.
(b) He faced more constraints.
(c) It didn't affect Padre Pio.
(d) He was given more freedom.
14. In Chapter 21, what pauses development of The House for the Relief of Suffering?
(a) Adelaide's death.
(b) Padre Pio's illness.
(c) World War II.
(d) A lack of money.
15. In Chapter 17, what miracles did the author detail?
(a) Birthing miracles.
(b) Speaking in tongue miracles.
(c) Healing miracles.
(d) Natural disaster miracles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 29, what did a blind man claim Padre Pio did for him?
2. In Chapter 26, when did the author say Padre Pio's day began?
3. In Chapter 19, why was Padre Pio's family blackmailed?
4. In Chapter 18, what did Padre Pio decide to build?
5. In Chapter 23, how did American and British soldiers affect Padre Pio's ministry?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)