|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Pellegrina die?
(a) During a bombing.
(b) When a ship sank.
(c) From a disease.
(d) From old age.
2. In Chapter 24, what religious movement did Padre Pio try to stop?
(a) Jewish Reformists.
(b) Jehovah's Witnesses.
(c) Seventh Day Adventists.
3. In Chapter 14, why did Padre Pio turn down an examination by Gerardo Agostino Gemelli?
(a) Because he wasn't certified.
(b) Because he wasn't Christian.
(c) He didn't turn the examination down.
(d) Because he didn't have permission.
4. When Padre Bernardo became Cardinal, how did it affect Padre Pio?
(a) He was given more freedom.
(b) He had less money to work with.
(c) It didn't affect Padre Pio.
(d) He faced more constraints.
5. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
(a) Stricter police control.
(b) Redeveloped schools.
(c) Giving the church more power.
(d) More democratic involvement.
6. In Chapter 19, why did Padre Pio feel like he had more time to work with his spiritual children?
(a) Because he had his own church to meet with them.
(b) Because he wasn't preaching.
(c) Because he was apart from his family.
(d) Because he had a smaller amount of spiritual children.
7. What happened to Maria during World War II?
(a) She became sick.
(b) She disappeared.
(c) She moved back home.
(d) She was arrested.
8. When Padre Pio's friends could not meet with him in Chapter 20, what did they do?
(a) Wrote letters.
(b) Broke into his room.
(c) Went home.
(d) Sang songs.
9. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio name his sacrifice to God for the needs of the unsaved?
(a) His imprisonment.
(b) His justification.
(c) His duty.
(d) His crime.
10. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
(a) He would yell at them.
(b) He would leave the room.
(c) He would beg for their forgiveness.
(d) He would slap them.
11. In Chapter 21, how long did the author say Padre Pio reportedly slept for at night?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Eight hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Four hours.
12. Why did Pope Benedict XV protect Padre Pio during his lifetime?
(a) Because he took an oath to protect Padre Pio.
(b) Because he felt that Padre Pio was authentic.
(c) Because he protected all Catholics.
(d) He didn't, Pope Benedict XV was Padre Pio's enemy.
13. How did Padre Pio supposedly convert Dr. Ricciardi to Christianity?
(a) By reading his mind.
(b) By taking part in a bilocation.
(c) By turning inanimate objects into food.
(d) By healing him on his death bed.
14. In Chapter 16, what did Gagliardi tell the Papal office about Padre Pio?
(a) That he was demonic.
(b) That he was hated at his friary.
(c) That he was a reliable source.
(d) That he was stealing.
15. How did the author support Padre Pio's ability to bilocate in Chapter 28?
(a) He interviews Protestants.
(b) He reviews accounts of reliable sources.
(c) He doesn't support Padre Pio's ability to bilocate.
(d) He quotes from Padre Pio's writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi try to start a fight with Padre Pio?
2. In Chapter 29, what did a blind man claim Padre Pio did for him?
3. In "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane," what did Padre Pio salvation required?
4. How did Padre Pio feel about the lines of people who wanted to confess to him in Chapter 26?
5. Who did Padre Pio hire as a secretary in Chapter 24?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)