|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Padre Pio hire as a secretary in Chapter 24?
(a) A cousin of his.
(b) A newspaper writer.
(c) A priest.
(d) Maria's younger sister.
2. In "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane," what did Padre Pio salvation required?
3. In Chapter 26, why did the author say Padre Pio often went to bed at 1:30am?
(a) Because he was working at the hospital.
(b) Because he was praying and reading.
(c) Because he was praying the rosary.
(d) Because he was speaking with God.
4. In Chapter 15, what did the author say Padre Pio accepted donations for?
(a) Only children.
(b) To pay for his medical expenses.
(c) He refused donations.
(d) The needy.
5. In Chapter 14, why did Padre Pio turn down an examination by Gerardo Agostino Gemelli?
(a) Because he wasn't certified.
(b) Because he wasn't Christian.
(c) Because he didn't have permission.
(d) He didn't turn the examination down.
6. What happened to Maria during World War II?
(a) She was arrested.
(b) She moved back home.
(c) She became sick.
(d) She disappeared.
7. In Chapter 21, how did Padre Pio feel about people traveling to see him?
(a) He was embarrassed by it.
(b) He felt proud.
(c) He liked it.
(d) He disliked it.
8. How did Mayor Morcaldi react to news that Padre Pio should not be considered a saint?
(a) He led a march.
(b) He met with Padre Pio in private.
(c) He burned the newsletter.
(d) He wrote a letter agreeing with the decision.
9. In Chapter 26, how long did the author say Padre Pio would hear confessions for each day?
(a) Up to 4 hours a day.
(b) Up to 6 hours a day.
(c) Up to 8 hours a day.
(d) He stopped hearing confessions at this time.
10. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
(a) He would yell at them.
(b) He would leave the room.
(c) He would slap them.
(d) He would beg for their forgiveness.
11. When did Maria Pyle decide to become one of Padre Pio's disciples?
(a) As soon as she met him.
(b) She never officially became a disciple.
(c) After hearing one of his sermons in Germany.
(d) A few years after following him.
12. In Chapter 27, how did Carrigan feel about Padre Pio's miracles?
(a) He believed in them.
(b) He tried to hide them.
(c) He was skeptical.
(d) He was worried about them.
13. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
(a) Because they had healed his stigmata.
(b) Because he suffered from mental illness.
(c) Because he was too controversal.
(d) Because they couldn't confirm his supernatural character.
14. In Chapter 21, what pauses development of The House for the Relief of Suffering?
(a) Adelaide's death.
(b) Padre Pio's illness.
(c) A lack of money.
(d) World War II.
15. What nickname was Maria Pyle given?
(a) The Woman.
(b) L' Americana.
(c) Le Francious.
(d) My Maria.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, why did the author described Padre Pio as "charismatic"?
2. In Chapter 25, what month was the hospital built?
3. In Chapter 27, how did Padre Pio speak to others about his miracles?
4. In Chapter 15, why did Archpriest Don Giuseppe begin confessing to Padre Pio?
5. In Chapter 26, when did Padre Pio usually pray the rosary?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)