|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Pellegrina die?
(a) During a bombing.
(b) From old age.
(c) When a ship sank.
(d) From a disease.
2. In Chapter 14, why did Padre Pio turn down an examination by Gerardo Agostino Gemelli?
(a) Because he wasn't certified.
(b) He didn't turn the examination down.
(c) Because he didn't have permission.
(d) Because he wasn't Christian.
3. In Chapter 26, how long did the author say Padre Pio would hear confessions for each day?
(a) He stopped hearing confessions at this time.
(b) Up to 4 hours a day.
(c) Up to 6 hours a day.
(d) Up to 8 hours a day.
4. What nickname was Maria Pyle given?
(a) Le Francious.
(b) L' Americana.
(c) The Woman.
(d) My Maria.
5. In Chapter 14, how did the author say World War I affected Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) It grew it.
(b) It strengthened their beliefs.
(c) It made it illegal.
(d) It shrunk it.
6. In Chapter 15, what was Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi accused of?
(a) Forgetting his vows.
(c) Undermining Padre Pio.
7. In Chapter 20, what did the author say made Padre Pio's life in Rome a little easier?
(a) They make a holiday to honor him.
(b) Gagliardi loses his job.
(c) The pope writes a statement in his favor.
(d) Andrea Cesarano offers support to Padre Pio.
8. In Chapter 19, why did Padre Pio feel like he had more time to work with his spiritual children?
(a) Because he wasn't preaching.
(b) Because he was apart from his family.
(c) Because he had his own church to meet with them.
(d) Because he had a smaller amount of spiritual children.
9. At the end of Chapter 24, who did the author say called on Padre Pio for help?
(b) Sick people.
(d) Famous people.
10. When did Padre Pio have a doctor attempt to heal his stigmata wounds?
(a) In the 1940s.
(b) In the 1950s.
(c) In the 1920s.
(d) In the 1930s.
11. When Padre Bernardo became Cardinal, how did it affect Padre Pio?
(a) He was given more freedom.
(b) He had less money to work with.
(c) It didn't affect Padre Pio.
(d) He faced more constraints.
12. In Chapter 24, what religious movement did Padre Pio try to stop?
(a) Jewish Reformists.
(b) Jehovah's Witnesses.
(d) Seventh Day Adventists.
13. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
(a) He would yell at them.
(b) He would slap them.
(c) He would beg for their forgiveness.
(d) He would leave the room.
14. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
(a) World War II.
(b) After World War II ended.
(c) He never met a protestant.
(d) Before World War II began.
15. In Chapter 23, how did American and British soldiers affect Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) They spread it.
(b) They translated his writings.
(c) They forced him to move.
(d) They shrunk the number of followers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what did Mayor Mordalci do to try to defend Padre Pio?
2. When Pope Pius XI took over, what was his major concern?
3. In Chapter 26, when did the author say Padre Pio's day began?
4. In Chapter 17, what miracles did the author detail?
5. What mood was Padre Pio in when he wrote "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)