|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pope Pius XI took over, what was his major concern?
(a) Making the church more money.
(b) Totalitarian regimes.
(c) Working with ecstatics.
(d) Weeding out frauds.
2. In Chapter 14, how did the author say World War I affected Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) It shrunk it.
(b) It made it illegal.
(c) It grew it.
(d) It strengthened their beliefs.
3. When did Padre Pio have a doctor attempt to heal his stigmata wounds?
(a) In the 1930s.
(b) In the 1920s.
(c) In the 1950s.
(d) In the 1940s.
4. In Chapter 25, what did Padre Pio say his medical and religious center would appeal to?
(a) Body and earth.
(b) Body and soul.
(c) Earth and God.
(d) Mind and God.
5. In Chapter 26, when did Padre Pio usually pray the rosary?
(a) After lunch.
(b) After mass.
(c) Before bedtime.
(d) Between confessions.
6. In Chapter 19, why did Padre Pio feel like he had more time to work with his spiritual children?
(a) Because he wasn't preaching.
(b) Because he was apart from his family.
(c) Because he had his own church to meet with them.
(d) Because he had a smaller amount of spiritual children.
7. In Chapter 24, what religious movement did Padre Pio try to stop?
(a) Jewish Reformists.
(c) Seventh Day Adventists.
(d) Jehovah's Witnesses.
8. How did Bill Carrigan describe Padre Pio after meeting him?
9. In Chapter 25, what month was the hospital built?
10. In Chapter 19, why was Padre Pio's family blackmailed?
(a) To save Padre Pio's job.
(b) To end a harrassment charge.
(c) To stop personal photos from being leaked.
(d) To prevent a book from being published.
11. In Chapter 14, why did Padre Pio turn down an examination by Gerardo Agostino Gemelli?
(a) He didn't turn the examination down.
(b) Because he wasn't Christian.
(c) Because he wasn't certified.
(d) Because he didn't have permission.
12. Why did Brunatto threaten to publish a book?
(a) He didn't threaten to publish a book.
(b) To upset secularists.
(c) To get the pope to meet with him.
(d) To force the ban on Padre Pio to be lifted.
13. In Chapter 18, why did Maria Pyle's mother come to Italy?
(a) To move to Italy.
(b) To try to bring Maria home.
(c) To take a vacation.
(d) To meet Padre Pio.
14. In Chapter 27, what varied about Padre Pio according to who was witnessing him?
(a) His voice.
(b) His smell.
(c) His glow.
(d) His height.
15. When Padre Bernardo became Cardinal, how did it affect Padre Pio?
(a) He faced more constraints.
(b) It didn't affect Padre Pio.
(c) He was given more freedom.
(d) He had less money to work with.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio name his sacrifice to God for the needs of the unsaved?
2. In Chapter 15, why did Archpriest Don Giuseppe begin confessing to Padre Pio?
3. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
4. In Chapter 28, how was Padre Pio's ability to bilocate described?
5. When Padre Pio's friends could not meet with him in Chapter 20, what did they do?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)