|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi try to start a fight with Padre Pio?
(a) By tripping Padre Pio outside church.
(b) By writing about Padre Pio in a paper.
(c) By claiming Padre Pio perfumed himself.
(d) By stealing money from Padre Pio.
2. In Chapter 15, what was Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi accused of?
(b) Forgetting his vows.
(d) Undermining Padre Pio.
3. In Chapter 23, how did American and British soldiers affect Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) They forced him to move.
(b) They shrunk the number of followers.
(c) They translated his writings.
(d) They spread it.
4. In Chapter 26, when did Padre Pio usually pray the rosary?
(a) After lunch.
(b) Before bedtime.
(c) Between confessions.
(d) After mass.
5. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio lose?
(a) His entire friary.
(b) Donations from his spiritual children.
(c) His mother.
(d) Most of his priestly powers.
6. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
(a) Because they had healed his stigmata.
(b) Because they couldn't confirm his supernatural character.
(c) Because he suffered from mental illness.
(d) Because he was too controversal.
7. In Chapter 25, what did Padre Pio say his medical and religious center would appeal to?
(a) Body and soul.
(b) Mind and God.
(c) Body and earth.
(d) Earth and God.
8. In Chapter 15, what did the author say Padre Pio accepted donations for?
(a) To pay for his medical expenses.
(b) He refused donations.
(c) The needy.
(d) Only children.
9. How did Pellegrina die?
(a) During a bombing.
(b) From old age.
(c) When a ship sank.
(d) From a disease.
10. In Chapter 24, what religious movement did Padre Pio try to stop?
(a) Jehovah's Witnesses.
(b) Jewish Reformists.
(d) Seventh Day Adventists.
11. When did Maria Pyle decide to become one of Padre Pio's disciples?
(a) A few years after following him.
(b) She never officially became a disciple.
(c) As soon as she met him.
(d) After hearing one of his sermons in Germany.
12. Why did Brunatto threaten to publish a book?
(a) To upset secularists.
(b) To get the pope to meet with him.
(c) He didn't threaten to publish a book.
(d) To force the ban on Padre Pio to be lifted.
13. How did the author support Padre Pio's ability to bilocate in Chapter 28?
(a) He doesn't support Padre Pio's ability to bilocate.
(b) He reviews accounts of reliable sources.
(c) He interviews Protestants.
(d) He quotes from Padre Pio's writing.
14. How did Bill Carrigan describe Padre Pio after meeting him?
15. What mood was Padre Pio in when he wrote "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what pauses development of The House for the Relief of Suffering?
2. In Chapter 21, how long did the author say Padre Pio reportedly slept for at night?
3. When Pope Pius XI took over, what was his major concern?
4. In Chapter 26, why did the author say Padre Pio often went to bed at 1:30am?
5. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)