|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio lose?
(a) His entire friary.
(b) Most of his priestly powers.
(c) His mother.
(d) Donations from his spiritual children.
2. What did Padre Pio say about San Giovanni Rotondo during World War II?
(a) That it would be spared.
(b) That it would see the devil.
(c) That it would be his new home.
(d) That it would fall to Hitler.
3. In Chapter 21, how did Padre Pio feel about people traveling to see him?
(a) He liked it.
(b) He was embarrassed by it.
(c) He disliked it.
(d) He felt proud.
4. At the end of Chapter 24, who did the author say called on Padre Pio for help?
(b) Sick people.
(d) Famous people.
5. In Chapter 21, what did the author say Padre Pio's life was not when it came to supernatural feats?
(b) A carnival.
(d) A Biblical mirror.
6. In Chapter 18, why did Maria Pyle's mother come to Italy?
(a) To move to Italy.
(b) To take a vacation.
(c) To try to bring Maria home.
(d) To meet Padre Pio.
7. In Chapter 19, why did Padre Pio feel like he had more time to work with his spiritual children?
(a) Because he wasn't preaching.
(b) Because he had a smaller amount of spiritual children.
(c) Because he was apart from his family.
(d) Because he had his own church to meet with them.
8. In Chapter 25, what month was the hospital built?
9. In Chapter 15, what did the author say Padre Pio accepted donations for?
(a) The needy.
(b) To pay for his medical expenses.
(c) Only children.
(d) He refused donations.
10. In Chapter 28, how was Padre Pio's ability to bilocate described?
(a) As being enlightening.
(b) As being false.
(c) As being dangerous.
(d) As being unusual.
11. In 1933, what changed for Padre Pio?
(a) He could give mass publicly.
(b) He could hear confessions from women.
(c) He could give last rites.
(d) He could break the host.
12. In Chapter 27, why did the author described Padre Pio as "charismatic"?
(a) Because he worked religious miracles.
(b) Because he was a good public speaker.
(c) Because he renewed interest in the church.
(d) Because most people loved him.
13. In Chapter 25, what did Padre Pio say his medical and religious center would appeal to?
(a) Body and earth.
(b) Earth and God.
(c) Body and soul.
(d) Mind and God.
14. What mood was Padre Pio in when he wrote "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
15. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
(a) He never met a protestant.
(b) After World War II ended.
(c) World War II.
(d) Before World War II began.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what pauses development of The House for the Relief of Suffering?
2. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
3. In Chapter 14, how did the author say World War I affected Padre Pio's ministry?
4. How did Pellegrina die?
5. When Padre Pio's friends could not meet with him in Chapter 20, what did they do?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)