|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what happened to Padre Pio's confessions?
(a) He began taking confessions from women.
(b) He was able to predict their sins.
(c) He stopped taking confessions.
(d) He could relieve people of sin by touching them.
2. In Chapter 26, why did the author say Padre Pio often went to bed at 1:30am?
(a) Because he was praying the rosary.
(b) Because he was working at the hospital.
(c) Because he was speaking with God.
(d) Because he was praying and reading.
3. In Chapter 15, what did the author say Padre Pio accepted donations for?
(a) To pay for his medical expenses.
(b) The needy.
(c) Only children.
(d) He refused donations.
4. When did Maria Pyle decide to become one of Padre Pio's disciples?
(a) After hearing one of his sermons in Germany.
(b) A few years after following him.
(c) As soon as she met him.
(d) She never officially became a disciple.
5. Who did Adelaide leave his trust to?
(b) Pius XII.
(c) Padre Pio.
(d) Padre Agostino.
6. How did Mayor Morcaldi react to news that Padre Pio should not be considered a saint?
(a) He led a march.
(b) He burned the newsletter.
(c) He met with Padre Pio in private.
(d) He wrote a letter agreeing with the decision.
7. What happened to Maria during World War II?
(a) She disappeared.
(b) She moved back home.
(c) She became sick.
(d) She was arrested.
8. In Chapter 18, why did Maria Pyle's mother come to Italy?
(a) To move to Italy.
(b) To meet Padre Pio.
(c) To try to bring Maria home.
(d) To take a vacation.
9. In Chapter 20, what did the author say made Padre Pio's life in Rome a little easier?
(a) Gagliardi loses his job.
(b) Andrea Cesarano offers support to Padre Pio.
(c) They make a holiday to honor him.
(d) The pope writes a statement in his favor.
10. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio name his sacrifice to God for the needs of the unsaved?
(a) His duty.
(b) His justification.
(c) His crime.
(d) His imprisonment.
11. What nickname was Maria Pyle given?
(a) Le Francious.
(b) The Woman.
(c) My Maria.
(d) L' Americana.
12. In Chapter 28, how was Padre Pio's ability to bilocate described?
(a) As being enlightening.
(b) As being dangerous.
(c) As being false.
(d) As being unusual.
13. How did Padre Pio supposedly convert Dr. Ricciardi to Christianity?
(a) By turning inanimate objects into food.
(b) By taking part in a bilocation.
(c) By healing him on his death bed.
(d) By reading his mind.
14. Why did Brunatto threaten to publish a book?
(a) He didn't threaten to publish a book.
(b) To force the ban on Padre Pio to be lifted.
(c) To upset secularists.
(d) To get the pope to meet with him.
15. When did Padre Pio have a doctor attempt to heal his stigmata wounds?
(a) In the 1920s.
(b) In the 1930s.
(c) In the 1950s.
(d) In the 1940s.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what pauses development of The House for the Relief of Suffering?
2. In Chapter 26, what did Padre Pio do instead of eating dinner?
3. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
4. In 1933, what changed for Padre Pio?
5. In Chapter 27, how did Carrigan feel about Padre Pio's miracles?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)