|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what did Padre Pio decide to build?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A school.
(c) An orphanage.
(d) A church.
2. How did Pellegrina die?
(a) When a ship sank.
(b) From a disease.
(c) During a bombing.
(d) From old age.
3. In Chapter 27, how did Carrigan feel about Padre Pio's miracles?
(a) He was skeptical.
(b) He tried to hide them.
(c) He was worried about them.
(d) He believed in them.
4. Who did Adelaide leave his trust to?
(a) Padre Pio.
(b) Padre Agostino.
(d) Pius XII.
5. In Chapter 17, what miracles did the author detail?
(a) Speaking in tongue miracles.
(b) Birthing miracles.
(c) Natural disaster miracles.
(d) Healing miracles.
6. What did Don Giovanni Miscio say against Padre Pio and his ministry?
(a) He said they were using Padre Pio to make money.
(b) He said they were being tricked by Padre Pio.
(c) He said they were robbing Padre Pio.
(d) He said they were distancing themselves from the church's doctrine.
7. In Chapter 20, what did the author say made Padre Pio's life in Rome a little easier?
(a) Andrea Cesarano offers support to Padre Pio.
(b) Gagliardi loses his job.
(c) The pope writes a statement in his favor.
(d) They make a holiday to honor him.
8. What happened after Benedetto was forbidden from writing to Padre Pio?
(a) They never met again.
(b) He visited him in private.
(c) Padre Pio wrote Benedetto instead.
(d) Benedetto was arrested.
9. In Chapter 28, how was Padre Pio's ability to bilocate described?
(a) As being unusual.
(b) As being false.
(c) As being dangerous.
(d) As being enlightening.
10. In Chapter 16, what did Gagliardi tell the Papal office about Padre Pio?
(a) That he was stealing.
(b) That he was demonic.
(c) That he was hated at his friary.
(d) That he was a reliable source.
11. In Chapter 26, what did Padre Pio do instead of eating dinner?
12. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
(a) He never met a protestant.
(b) Before World War II began.
(c) World War II.
(d) After World War II ended.
13. In Chapter 29, when Padre Pio healed, who did he give credit to?
(a) No one.
14. In Chapter 15, why did Archpriest Don Giuseppe begin confessing to Padre Pio?
(a) Because he thought he was blessed.
(b) Because he thought Padre Pio was a different person.
(c) Because Padre Pio was most trustful.
(d) Because he wanted a promotion in the friary.
15. When Pope Pius XI took over, what was his major concern?
(a) Working with ecstatics.
(b) Making the church more money.
(c) Weeding out frauds.
(d) Totalitarian regimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, how long did the author say Padre Pio's hands bled for?
2. In Chapter 29, what did a blind man claim Padre Pio did for him?
3. In Chapter 23, how did American and British soldiers affect Padre Pio's ministry?
4. How did Bill Carrigan describe Padre Pio after meeting him?
5. In Chapter 14, why did Padre Pio turn down an examination by Gerardo Agostino Gemelli?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)