|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, how long did the author say Padre Pio would hear confessions for each day?
(a) Up to 6 hours a day.
(b) Up to 4 hours a day.
(c) He stopped hearing confessions at this time.
(d) Up to 8 hours a day.
2. In Chapter 14, how did the author say World War I affected Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) It made it illegal.
(b) It grew it.
(c) It shrunk it.
(d) It strengthened their beliefs.
3. How did Padre Pio feel about the lines of people who wanted to confess to him in Chapter 26?
(a) He thought they were all wasting their time.
(b) He would force the line to break up every so often.
(c) He didn't mind except when people cut in line.
(d) He loved the line.
4. What did Padre Pio say about San Giovanni Rotondo during World War II?
(a) That it would fall to Hitler.
(b) That it would see the devil.
(c) That it would be spared.
(d) That it would be his new home.
5. In Chapter 23, how did American and British soldiers affect Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) They translated his writings.
(b) They shrunk the number of followers.
(c) They spread it.
(d) They forced him to move.
6. In Chapter 25, what did Padre Pio say his medical and religious center would appeal to?
(a) Mind and God.
(b) Body and earth.
(c) Body and soul.
(d) Earth and God.
7. In Chapter 26, why did the author say Padre Pio often went to bed at 1:30am?
(a) Because he was praying and reading.
(b) Because he was working at the hospital.
(c) Because he was praying the rosary.
(d) Because he was speaking with God.
8. When Padre Bernardo became Cardinal, how did it affect Padre Pio?
(a) He faced more constraints.
(b) He had less money to work with.
(c) It didn't affect Padre Pio.
(d) He was given more freedom.
9. In Chapter 24, what religious movement did Padre Pio try to stop?
(a) Jehovah's Witnesses.
(b) Seventh Day Adventists.
(c) Jewish Reformists.
10. In Chapter 26, when did the author say Padre Pio's day began?
11. Who did Adelaide leave his trust to?
(a) Padre Pio.
(b) Pius XII.
(d) Padre Agostino.
12. In Chapter 27, how did Carrigan feel about Padre Pio's miracles?
(a) He believed in them.
(b) He was worried about them.
(c) He was skeptical.
(d) He tried to hide them.
13. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio lose?
(a) Most of his priestly powers.
(b) Donations from his spiritual children.
(c) His entire friary.
(d) His mother.
14. In "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane," what did Padre Pio salvation required?
15. In Chapter 24, how did Padre Pio feel about the monarchy?
(a) He supported it.
(b) He ignored it.
(c) He wanted to join it.
(d) He opposed it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, why did Padre Pio turn down an examination by Gerardo Agostino Gemelli?
2. After the new church was built in Chapter 25, what did Padre Pio begin doing?
3. In Chapter 19, why was Padre Pio's family blackmailed?
4. How did Padre Pio supposedly convert Dr. Ricciardi to Christianity?
5. How did the author support Padre Pio's ability to bilocate in Chapter 28?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)