|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, why did Maria Pyle's mother come to Italy?
(a) To meet Padre Pio.
(b) To move to Italy.
(c) To take a vacation.
(d) To try to bring Maria home.
2. Why did Brunatto threaten to publish a book?
(a) To force the ban on Padre Pio to be lifted.
(b) To upset secularists.
(c) To get the pope to meet with him.
(d) He didn't threaten to publish a book.
3. What happened to Maria during World War II?
(a) She disappeared.
(b) She was arrested.
(c) She became sick.
(d) She moved back home.
4. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
(a) He would beg for their forgiveness.
(b) He would slap them.
(c) He would yell at them.
(d) He would leave the room.
5. In Chapter 26, when did Padre Pio usually pray the rosary?
(a) After lunch.
(b) Between confessions.
(c) After mass.
(d) Before bedtime.
6. In Chapter 25, what month was the hospital built?
7. In Chapter 26, what did Padre Pio do instead of eating dinner?
8. How did Pellegrina die?
(a) From old age.
(b) From a disease.
(c) When a ship sank.
(d) During a bombing.
9. In Chapter 23, how did American and British soldiers affect Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) They spread it.
(b) They translated his writings.
(c) They forced him to move.
(d) They shrunk the number of followers.
10. In Chapter 17, what happened to Padre Pio's confessions?
(a) He could relieve people of sin by touching them.
(b) He stopped taking confessions.
(c) He was able to predict their sins.
(d) He began taking confessions from women.
11. When Padre Bernardo became Cardinal, how did it affect Padre Pio?
(a) It didn't affect Padre Pio.
(b) He faced more constraints.
(c) He had less money to work with.
(d) He was given more freedom.
12. In Chapter 28, how was Padre Pio's ability to bilocate described?
(a) As being false.
(b) As being dangerous.
(c) As being unusual.
(d) As being enlightening.
13. In Chapter 27, how did Padre Pio speak to others about his miracles?
(a) He held monthly public reviews of his miracles.
(b) He would describe them in great detail in private.
(c) He would only write about them.
(d) He avoided speaking about them.
14. In Chapter 18, what did Padre Pio decide to build?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) A church.
(c) A school.
(d) A hospital.
15. At the end of Chapter 24, who did the author say called on Padre Pio for help?
(a) Famous people.
(d) Sick people.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the new church was built in Chapter 25, what did Padre Pio begin doing?
2. When Pope Pius XI took over, what was his major concern?
3. Who did Adelaide leave his trust to?
4. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
5. What nickname was Maria Pyle given?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)