|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mood was Padre Pio in when he wrote "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
2. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
(a) After World War II ended.
(b) Before World War II began.
(c) World War II.
(d) He never met a protestant.
3. In Chapter 27, what varied about Padre Pio according to who was witnessing him?
(a) His smell.
(b) His voice.
(c) His glow.
(d) His height.
4. In "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane," what did Padre Pio salvation required?
5. In Chapter 29, when Padre Pio healed, who did he give credit to?
(d) No one.
6. What nickname was Maria Pyle given?
(a) Le Francious.
(b) My Maria.
(c) The Woman.
(d) L' Americana.
7. In Chapter 24, how did Padre Pio feel about the monarchy?
(a) He ignored it.
(b) He supported it.
(c) He wanted to join it.
(d) He opposed it.
8. In Chapter 21, how did Padre Pio feel about people traveling to see him?
(a) He liked it.
(b) He felt proud.
(c) He was embarrassed by it.
(d) He disliked it.
9. In Chapter 16, what did Gagliardi tell the Papal office about Padre Pio?
(a) That he was demonic.
(b) That he was hated at his friary.
(c) That he was stealing.
(d) That he was a reliable source.
10. What did Don Giovanni Miscio say against Padre Pio and his ministry?
(a) He said they were distancing themselves from the church's doctrine.
(b) He said they were robbing Padre Pio.
(c) He said they were being tricked by Padre Pio.
(d) He said they were using Padre Pio to make money.
11. In Chapter 26, why did the author say Padre Pio often went to bed at 1:30am?
(a) Because he was praying the rosary.
(b) Because he was praying and reading.
(c) Because he was speaking with God.
(d) Because he was working at the hospital.
12. In Chapter 19, why did Padre Pio feel like he had more time to work with his spiritual children?
(a) Because he had his own church to meet with them.
(b) Because he had a smaller amount of spiritual children.
(c) Because he wasn't preaching.
(d) Because he was apart from his family.
13. In Chapter 24, what did the author say led to Padre Pio's political involvement?
(b) Meeting American soldiers.
(c) Crime in his neighborhood.
(d) Reading secular texts.
14. In Chapter 15, what was Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi accused of?
(c) Undermining Padre Pio.
(d) Forgetting his vows.
15. How did Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi try to start a fight with Padre Pio?
(a) By claiming Padre Pio perfumed himself.
(b) By stealing money from Padre Pio.
(c) By tripping Padre Pio outside church.
(d) By writing about Padre Pio in a paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Maria during World War II?
2. When Padre Bernardo became Cardinal, how did it affect Padre Pio?
3. In Chapter 21, what pauses development of The House for the Relief of Suffering?
4. In Chapter 27, how did Carrigan feel about Padre Pio's miracles?
5. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)