|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dr. Lombardi describe Padre Pio's trances?
(a) A fraud.
(b) Hightened awarenesses.
(c) Lost suffering.
(d) True ecstacy.
2. As a teenager, how did Padre Pio treat women?
(a) He would write about them but not speak to them.
(b) He kissed a few.
(c) He had to fend them off.
(d) He took them out on dates.
3. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
4. How did Don Angelo treat Padre Pio as a boy?
(a) He ignored him.
(c) He teased him.
5. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
(a) Disliking the townspeople.
(b) Arguing with other churches.
(c) Forcing people to work on Sundays.
(d) Pointing out sin.
6. In Chapter 11, how many rules for spiritual growth did the author say Padre Pio had?
7. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
(a) She was too afraid.
(b) She was devout.
(c) She didn't want to be gossiped about.
(d) She never heard gossip.
8. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
(a) With a list of ten points.
(b) With quotes from newspaper articles.
(c) With a sampling of Padre Pio's letters.
(d) With a lengthy passage from an academic essay.
9. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
(a) Because he evoked demons.
(b) Because he was always unprepared.
(c) Because he spoke to heavenly beings.
(d) Because he gave mass out of his house.
10. What was the first stage of Padre Pio's ministry?
(b) The Vatican.
(c) The world.
(d) His hometown.
11. In Chapter 9, what convinced Padre Pio to return to the cloister?
(a) Benedetto physicall forced him back.
(b) The blood he saw during the war.
(c) His mother begged him.
(d) A woman offered to sacrafice herself.
12. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
13. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
(a) Because his physical issues couldn't be obeserved.
(b) Because his medicine didn't help.
(c) Because of his mental illness.
(d) Because he desired Christ's suffering.
14. How did the author describe Padre Pio's trip to Rome?
(a) The most painful trip of his life.
(b) The longest trip of his life.
(c) The most dangerous trip of his life.
(d) The most awakening trip of his life.
15. Why did Padre Pio join Capuchin Order?
(a) To become a friar.
(b) To train to be a priest.
(c) To learn world languages.
(d) To study history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation for his hand wounds did Padre Pio give?
2. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
3. In Chapter 12, what did the author note about the miracles attributed to Padre Pio at this time in his life?
4. In Chapter 7, how many stages did the author say Padre Pio's ministry had?
5. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)