|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
(a) Because he gave mass out of his house.
(b) Because he evoked demons.
(c) Because he was always unprepared.
(d) Because he spoke to heavenly beings.
2. How did Gra feel about praying the rosary?
(a) He always forgot to pray the rosary.
(b) He hated it.
(c) It brought him joy.
(d) It was a routine.
3. At the end of Chapter 9, how did the author describe Padre Pio's time away from the friary?
(b) A waste of time.
4. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
(a) A bishop.
(b) A pope.
(c) A writer.
(d) A king.
5. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
(a) Whenever he wanted.
(b) He could never leave his bed.
(c) To work with Benedetto.
(d) For mass.
6. In Chapter 6, what did Padre Pio know about Padre Agostino's prayer for him?
(a) That he was considering what he would say at his funeral.
(b) That he skipped the rosary.
(c) That he did it in English.
(d) That he was thinking of a woman.
7. What city is Pietrelcina near?
8. How many teachers did Padre Pio have during his childhood?
9. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
(a) That his sister had an out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
(b) That his brother had killed someone accidentally.
(c) That the local church was becoming corrupt.
(d) That Padre Pio wasn't welcome in his hometown.
10. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
(a) It is the desire to serve humanity.
(b) It is the desire to leave the world.
(c) It is the desire to save one's self.
(d) It is the desire to be awakened.
11. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
(a) He enjoyed it.
(b) He couldn't understand it.
(c) He disliked it.
(d) He forgot to follow it.
12. What did Giovanna Rizzani say Padre Pio's form promised her?
(a) To help her earn money.
(b) To free her from pain.
(c) To take care of her soul.
(d) To show her the way.
13. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
(a) He had visions in the middle of class.
(b) He disliked his students.
(c) He was unprepared.
(d) He would be late for class.
14. In Chapter 8, what caused Padre Pio to desire to leave the world?
(a) Feeling the illumination of God.
(b) Being touched by Mary.
(c) Having his soul cleansed.
(d) Traveling to Rome with an angel.
15. In Chapter 5, what did Padre Pio do to help others through Purgatory?
(a) He didn't help others through Purgatory.
(b) Called upon God to end Purgatory.
(c) Taught them to pray the rosary.
(d) Offered his own suffering.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of World War I, what did Padre Pio say the cause of war was?
2. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto show tension toward Padre Pio?
4. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
5. In Chapter 1, what nickname was Padre Pio's family given?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)