|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Padre Pio's father work most of his life?
2. In Chapter 9, how did the progression of World War I personally affect Padre Pio?
(a) He had to do sermons on the road.
(b) He was drafted.
(c) He had to ration supplies.
(d) He decided to join the military.
3. In Chapter 3, what was the purpose of the novitiate?
(a) To educate.
(b) To frighten.
(c) To entertain.
(d) To sedate.
4. In Chapter 9, how did Benedetto show his anger toward Padre Pio?
(a) He didn't write him for months.
(b) He cut off his ministry.
(c) He sent him to Western Europe.
(d) He didn't let him in the friary.
5. In Chapter 5, what did Padre Pio do to help others through Purgatory?
(a) Called upon God to end Purgatory.
(b) Offered his own suffering.
(c) He didn't help others through Purgatory.
(d) Taught them to pray the rosary.
6. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
(a) He disliked his students.
(b) He was unprepared.
(c) He had visions in the middle of class.
(d) He would be late for class.
7. How did Don Angelo treat Padre Pio as a boy?
(c) He teased him.
(d) He ignored him.
8. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
(a) Because it was a witness to Christ.
(b) Because his teacher suggested it.
(c) Because it would keep him from temptation.
(d) Because it made him feel better about leaving his family.
9. In Chapter 11, how many rules for spiritual growth did the author say Padre Pio had?
10. Who was healed at St. Pellegrino the Martyr when Padre Pio visited?
(a) An elderly woman.
(b) A black man.
(c) His mother.
(d) A child.
11. What happened when Padre Pio covered his hand wounds?
(a) He was wounded on his arms.
(b) The bandages wouldn't stay in place.
(c) They became worse.
(d) They went away for awhile.
12. Why did the author say news of Padre Pio's stigmata spread slowly at first?
(a) News of the stigmata spread quickly.
(b) He hid them for months.
(c) Many people were sick at the time.
(d) People didn't believe they were real.
13. In Chapter 4, what did Padre Pio's visions inspire him to do?
14. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
(a) He disliked it.
(b) He forgot to follow it.
(c) He enjoyed it.
(d) He couldn't understand it.
15. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
(a) He could never leave his bed.
(b) For mass.
(c) Whenever he wanted.
(d) To work with Benedetto.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what nickname was Padre Pio's family given?
2. In Chapter 9, what convinced Padre Pio to return to the cloister?
3. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
4. Why did Padre Pio join Capuchin Order?
5. What did the Rule of St. Francis forbid?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)