|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is Pietrelcina near?
2. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
(a) To keep people away.
(b) To try to destract him.
(c) Because he was convincing them of their faith.
(d) Because he was unholy.
3. What happened when Benedetto learned of Padre Pio's wounds?
(a) He wanted him to write about his experience.
(b) He wanted to return him to their community.
(c) He wanted to send him to exile.
(d) He wanted him to take his job.
4. At the end of Chapter 9, how did the author describe Padre Pio's time away from the friary?
(b) A waste of time.
5. In Chapter 7, how many stages did the author say Padre Pio's ministry had?
6. In Chapter 8, what caused Padre Pio to desire to leave the world?
(a) Feeling the illumination of God.
(b) Being touched by Mary.
(c) Having his soul cleansed.
(d) Traveling to Rome with an angel.
7. In Chapter 3, what was the purpose of the novitiate?
(a) To sedate.
(b) To educate.
(c) To frighten.
(d) To entertain.
8. What did the Rule of St. Francis forbid?
(a) Praying at night.
(b) Taking vacations.
(c) Not shaving facial hair.
(d) Wearing shoes.
9. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
(a) A pope.
(b) A bishop.
(c) A writer.
(d) A king.
10. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
11. Where was Padre Pio told he was terminally ill?
(a) At the friary.
(b) In the United States.
(c) In Naples.
(d) At the Vatican.
12. In Chapter 11, what did the author say was strange about Padre Pio's early followers?
(a) They were originally non-believers.
(b) They were Jewish.
(c) They were women.
(d) They were young.
13. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
(a) No other ideas.
(b) Jewish ideologies.
(d) Pagan traditions.
14. In Chapter 6, what did the author say Padre Pio told Jesus?
(a) That he was sorry.
(b) That he still had unconfessed sins.
(c) That he wanted to bear the cross.
(d) That he had spoken to demons.
15. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
Short Answer Questions
1. As a teenager, how did Padre Pio treat women?
2. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
3. What did Padre Pio study at the friary at San Marco la Catola?
4. What was the first stage of Padre Pio's ministry?
5. In Chapter 1, what nickname was Padre Pio's family given?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)