|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Padre Pio told he was terminally ill?
(a) At the friary.
(b) In Naples.
(c) At the Vatican.
(d) In the United States.
2. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
(a) Fraudulent Friar.
(b) Mad Monk.
(c) Fearless Friar.
(d) Mini Monk.
3. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
(a) Because he kept vomitting.
(b) Because he had sinned.
(c) Because he left the order.
(d) Because he forgot his vows.
4. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
(a) That he defaced a Bible.
(b) That he rarely attended church.
(c) That he never prayed in front of them.
(d) That he sometimes stole.
5. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
(a) Because it made him feel better about leaving his family.
(b) Because his teacher suggested it.
(c) Because it would keep him from temptation.
(d) Because it was a witness to Christ.
6. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
7. How did Dr. Lombardi describe Padre Pio's trances?
(a) True ecstacy.
(b) Lost suffering.
(c) A fraud.
(d) Hightened awarenesses.
8. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
(a) Pagan traditions.
(b) No other ideas.
(d) Jewish ideologies.
9. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
(a) He disliked it.
(b) He forgot to follow it.
(c) He couldn't understand it.
(d) He enjoyed it.
10. What explanation for his hand wounds did Padre Pio give?
(a) God forced him to do it to himself.
(b) He didn't have an explanation.
(c) Jesus and Mary gave them to him.
(d) His teacher caused them.
11. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
(a) To work with Benedetto.
(b) For mass.
(c) He could never leave his bed.
(d) Whenever he wanted.
12. What advice did Padre Pio give regarding the devil, according to the author in Chapter 11?
(a) Speak with the devil.
(b) Believe in the devil.
(c) He didn't give advice regarding the devil.
(d) Reject the devil.
13. Why did Padre Pio question becoming a full member of Capuchin Order?
(a) He couldn't renounce the joys of life.
(b) He didn't like the other men in the group.
(c) He couldn't remember his oath.
(d) He didn't have the money.
14. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
(a) Because his medicine didn't help.
(b) Because his physical issues couldn't be obeserved.
(c) Because of his mental illness.
(d) Because he desired Christ's suffering.
15. Where did Padre Pio's father work most of his life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What vision did Padre Pio report having in 1903?
2. During Padre Pio's childhood, how did his family make money?
3. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
4. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto show tension toward Padre Pio?
5. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)