|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Padre Pio study in Chapter 3 in order to become a friar?
(a) Biblical history.
(b) Mary's life.
(c) Community life.
(d) Charity mangement.
2. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
(b) Pagan traditions.
(c) Jewish ideologies.
(d) No other ideas.
3. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
(a) Arguing with other churches.
(b) Forcing people to work on Sundays.
(c) Disliking the townspeople.
(d) Pointing out sin.
4. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
(a) To suffer more.
(b) To write about it.
(c) To read the Bible.
(d) To pray with others.
5. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted to return to exile.
(b) He wanted to start a new ministry.
(c) He wanted to die also.
(d) He wanted to change religions.
6. In Chapter 5, what did Padre Pio do to help others through Purgatory?
(a) Offered his own suffering.
(b) He didn't help others through Purgatory.
(c) Called upon God to end Purgatory.
(d) Taught them to pray the rosary.
7. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
(a) He was angry.
(b) He agreed.
(c) He was sad.
(d) He was confused.
8. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto show tension toward Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted him to retrun to the friary.
(b) He wanted him to write a book.
(c) He wanted him to become a priest.
(d) He wanted him to teach classes.
9. What did the author name the first five years after Padre Pio returned home?
(a) The awakening.
(c) Double exile.
10. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
(a) With a lengthy passage from an academic essay.
(b) With quotes from newspaper articles.
(c) With a list of ten points.
(d) With a sampling of Padre Pio's letters.
11. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
(a) That he could speak to the dead.
(b) That he had multiple personalities.
(c) That he could bilocate.
(d) That he was witness to Christ.
12. Why did Padre Pio question becoming a full member of Capuchin Order?
(a) He couldn't remember his oath.
(b) He couldn't renounce the joys of life.
(c) He didn't like the other men in the group.
(d) He didn't have the money.
13. What did Padre Pio study at the friary at San Marco la Catola?
14. What happened when Benedetto learned of Padre Pio's wounds?
(a) He wanted to return him to their community.
(b) He wanted him to write about his experience.
(c) He wanted to send him to exile.
(d) He wanted him to take his job.
15. What season was it when Padre Pio left his family in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
2. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
3. Why did the author say news of Padre Pio's stigmata spread slowly at first?
4. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
5. Who was healed at St. Pellegrino the Martyr when Padre Pio visited?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)