|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Padre Pio told he was terminally ill?
(a) In the United States.
(b) At the friary.
(c) In Naples.
(d) At the Vatican.
2. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
(a) That he rarely attended church.
(b) That he sometimes stole.
(c) That he never prayed in front of them.
(d) That he defaced a Bible.
3. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
(a) Mini Monk.
(b) Fraudulent Friar.
(c) Fearless Friar.
(d) Mad Monk.
4. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
(a) Because of their documentation.
(b) Because he witnessed them himself.
(c) Because they are legend.
(d) He says they can be dismissed.
5. In Chapter 12, what did the author note about the miracles attributed to Padre Pio at this time in his life?
(a) They were all relating to women.
(b) Many were fakes.
(c) None were documented well enough to verify.
(d) They relied more on common spirits than God.
6. In Chapter 9, how did Benedetto show his anger toward Padre Pio?
(a) He cut off his ministry.
(b) He sent him to Western Europe.
(c) He didn't write him for months.
(d) He didn't let him in the friary.
7. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
(a) Whenever he wanted.
(b) To work with Benedetto.
(c) For mass.
(d) He could never leave his bed.
8. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
(a) Because he was always unprepared.
(b) Because he evoked demons.
(c) Because he spoke to heavenly beings.
(d) Because he gave mass out of his house.
9. In Chapter 5, what did Padre Pio do to help others through Purgatory?
(a) Offered his own suffering.
(b) Called upon God to end Purgatory.
(c) Taught them to pray the rosary.
(d) He didn't help others through Purgatory.
10. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto show tension toward Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted him to write a book.
(b) He wanted him to teach classes.
(c) He wanted him to become a priest.
(d) He wanted him to retrun to the friary.
11. Why did Padre Pio question becoming a full member of Capuchin Order?
(a) He didn't have the money.
(b) He didn't like the other men in the group.
(c) He couldn't remember his oath.
(d) He couldn't renounce the joys of life.
12. What did Padre Pio study at the friary at San Marco la Catola?
13. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
(a) Arguing with other churches.
(b) Disliking the townspeople.
(c) Pointing out sin.
(d) Forcing people to work on Sundays.
14. In Chapter 5, why was Padre Pio's ordination delayed?
(a) He hadn't finished his requirements.
(b) He was out of town.
(c) His paperwork was missing.
(d) He was sick.
15. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
(a) Because he had sinned.
(b) Because he left the order.
(c) Because he kept vomitting.
(d) Because he forgot his vows.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how did the author try to tie Padre Pio's life to the stages of mystical experience?
2. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
3. Why did the author say news of Padre Pio's stigmata spread slowly at first?
4. In Chapter 6, what did the author say Padre Pio told Jesus?
5. In Chapter 2, how did Padre Pio's father react when he told him about speaking with a guardian angle?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)