|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Benedetto learned of Padre Pio's wounds?
(a) He wanted to send him to exile.
(b) He wanted to return him to their community.
(c) He wanted him to take his job.
(d) He wanted him to write about his experience.
2. In Chapter 9, what convinced Padre Pio to return to the cloister?
(a) A woman offered to sacrafice herself.
(b) His mother begged him.
(c) The blood he saw during the war.
(d) Benedetto physicall forced him back.
3. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
(a) To read the Bible.
(b) To pray with others.
(c) To write about it.
(d) To suffer more.
4. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
5. In Chapter 12, how did Padre Pio hurt his hands?
(a) He grabbed a hot rod.
(b) He doesn't know how.
(c) He was cut by razors.
(d) He spilled acid on them.
6. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
(a) He says they can be dismissed.
(b) Because he witnessed them himself.
(c) Because they are legend.
(d) Because of their documentation.
7. How many older siblings did Padre Pio have?
8. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
(a) To keep people away.
(b) To try to destract him.
(c) Because he was convincing them of their faith.
(d) Because he was unholy.
9. What city is Pietrelcina near?
10. What happened when Padre Pio told his superiors about his visions in Chapter 4?
(a) He was sent away.
(b) He was asked to return to school.
(c) He was given medicine.
(d) He was assigned a spiritual guide.
11. As a teenager, how did Padre Pio treat women?
(a) He took them out on dates.
(b) He kissed a few.
(c) He would write about them but not speak to them.
(d) He had to fend them off.
12. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
(a) He was sad.
(b) He was confused.
(c) He was angry.
(d) He agreed.
13. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
(a) He enjoyed it.
(b) He couldn't understand it.
(c) He disliked it.
(d) He forgot to follow it.
14. What vision did Padre Pio report having in 1903?
(a) Mary holding his hand.
(b) Details about the world wars.
(c) Instructions on how to fight a demon.
(d) A beautiful woman showing him art.
15. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Padre Pio join Capuchin Order?
2. In Chapter 4, how were Padre Pio's visions described?
3. What did Giovanna Rizzani say Padre Pio's form promised her?
4. In Chapter 3, how were Padre Pio's vows described?
5. In Chapter 2, how did Padre Pio's father react when he told him about speaking with a guardian angle?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)