|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Rule of St. Francis forbid?
(a) Wearing shoes.
(b) Not shaving facial hair.
(c) Taking vacations.
(d) Praying at night.
2. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
(a) That he sometimes stole.
(b) That he rarely attended church.
(c) That he defaced a Bible.
(d) That he never prayed in front of them.
3. In Chapter 1, what nickname was Padre Pio's family given?
(a) The God is center family.
(b) The God is everything family.
(c) The lonely family.
(d) The devoted family.
4. Why did the author say news of Padre Pio's stigmata spread slowly at first?
(a) Many people were sick at the time.
(b) News of the stigmata spread quickly.
(c) People didn't believe they were real.
(d) He hid them for months.
5. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
(a) Mini Monk.
(b) Fearless Friar.
(c) Mad Monk.
(d) Fraudulent Friar.
6. In Chapter 5, what did Padre Pio do to help others through Purgatory?
(a) Offered his own suffering.
(b) He didn't help others through Purgatory.
(c) Taught them to pray the rosary.
(d) Called upon God to end Purgatory.
7. In Chapter 7, how many stages did the author say Padre Pio's ministry had?
8. When was Padre Pio declared terminally ill?
9. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
(a) Burned documents.
(b) A language barrier.
(c) A lack of official records.
(d) Unreliable sources.
10. In Chapter 9, how did Benedetto show his anger toward Padre Pio?
(a) He didn't let him in the friary.
(b) He didn't write him for months.
(c) He sent him to Western Europe.
(d) He cut off his ministry.
11. In Chapter 6, what did Padre Pio know about Padre Agostino's prayer for him?
(a) That he was thinking of a woman.
(b) That he skipped the rosary.
(c) That he did it in English.
(d) That he was considering what he would say at his funeral.
12. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted to return to exile.
(b) He wanted to change religions.
(c) He wanted to die also.
(d) He wanted to start a new ministry.
13. How did Padre Pio feel about leaving his family in Chapter 2?
(a) He was excited.
(b) He was proud.
(c) He didn't care.
(d) He was sad.
14. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
(a) Spiritual marriage.
(b) Purification of the self.
(c) Awakening of the self.
15. Who was healed at St. Pellegrino the Martyr when Padre Pio visited?
(a) His mother.
(b) An elderly woman.
(c) A black man.
(d) A child.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Padre Pio visit Rome with his sister?
2. Where did Padre Pio's father work most of his life?
3. In Chapter 12, who did the author say Padre Pio was teaching?
4. In Chapter 9, how did the progression of World War I personally affect Padre Pio?
5. In Chapter 4, what did Padre Pio's visions inspire him to do?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)