|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
(a) That the local church was becoming corrupt.
(b) That his sister had an out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
(c) That Padre Pio wasn't welcome in his hometown.
(d) That his brother had killed someone accidentally.
2. In Chapter 8, how did the author try to tie Padre Pio's life to the stages of mystical experience?
(a) Through historical accounts of Padre Pio's life.
(b) Through records from Padre Pio's church.
(c) Through Padre Pio's writings.
(d) Through his first-hand experience with Padre Pio.
3. In Chapter 11, how many rules for spiritual growth did the author say Padre Pio had?
4. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
(a) Because it would keep him from temptation.
(b) Because it was a witness to Christ.
(c) Because it made him feel better about leaving his family.
(d) Because his teacher suggested it.
5. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
(a) Because he gave mass out of his house.
(b) Because he spoke to heavenly beings.
(c) Because he evoked demons.
(d) Because he was always unprepared.
6. In Chapter 1, what was life like in Pietrelcina?
(a) Many people were ill.
(b) Most of the women left.
(c) A wave of wealth passed through the town.
(d) The town had been flooding.
7. At the end of Chapter 9, how did the author describe Padre Pio's time away from the friary?
(b) A waste of time.
8. How many teachers did Padre Pio have during his childhood?
9. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
10. How did Dr. Lombardi describe Padre Pio's trances?
(a) Lost suffering.
(b) Hightened awarenesses.
(c) A fraud.
(d) True ecstacy.
11. In Chapter 5, when did the author say Padre Pio experienced great exultation?
(a) During mass.
(b) After falling asleep.
(c) During consolation.
(d) While traveling.
12. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
(a) Because he kept vomitting.
(b) Because he forgot his vows.
(c) Because he had sinned.
(d) Because he left the order.
13. What happened when Benedetto learned of Padre Pio's wounds?
(a) He wanted him to write about his experience.
(b) He wanted to send him to exile.
(c) He wanted him to take his job.
(d) He wanted to return him to their community.
14. How did Gra feel about praying the rosary?
(a) It brought him joy.
(b) It was a routine.
(c) He always forgot to pray the rosary.
(d) He hated it.
15. What explanation for his hand wounds did Padre Pio give?
(a) God forced him to do it to himself.
(b) He didn't have an explanation.
(c) His teacher caused them.
(d) Jesus and Mary gave them to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Padre Pio join Capuchin Order?
2. In Chapter 8, what caused Padre Pio to desire to leave the world?
3. As a teenager, how did Padre Pio treat women?
4. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
5. What happened when Padre Pio told his superiors about his visions in Chapter 4?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)