|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Padre Pio's father work most of his life?
2. What advice did Padre Pio give regarding the devil, according to the author in Chapter 11?
(a) He didn't give advice regarding the devil.
(b) Reject the devil.
(c) Believe in the devil.
(d) Speak with the devil.
3. How did Don Angelo treat Padre Pio as a boy?
(a) He teased him.
(b) He ignored him.
4. How did Padre Pio feel about leaving his family in Chapter 2?
(a) He was sad.
(b) He was excited.
(c) He didn't care.
(d) He was proud.
5. In Chapter 9, how did the progression of World War I personally affect Padre Pio?
(a) He had to do sermons on the road.
(b) He decided to join the military.
(c) He had to ration supplies.
(d) He was drafted.
6. In Chapter 9, what convinced Padre Pio to return to the cloister?
(a) A woman offered to sacrafice herself.
(b) His mother begged him.
(c) Benedetto physicall forced him back.
(d) The blood he saw during the war.
7. In Chapter 1, what nickname was Padre Pio's family given?
(a) The God is center family.
(b) The God is everything family.
(c) The lonely family.
(d) The devoted family.
8. What season was it when Padre Pio left his family in Chapter 2?
9. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
(a) Forcing people to work on Sundays.
(b) Pointing out sin.
(c) Disliking the townspeople.
(d) Arguing with other churches.
10. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
(a) With a sampling of Padre Pio's letters.
(b) With a lengthy passage from an academic essay.
(c) With a list of ten points.
(d) With quotes from newspaper articles.
11. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
(a) That he was witness to Christ.
(b) That he had multiple personalities.
(c) That he could speak to the dead.
(d) That he could bilocate.
12. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
(a) Because he had sinned.
(b) Because he left the order.
(c) Because he forgot his vows.
(d) Because he kept vomitting.
13. How many teachers did Padre Pio have during his childhood?
14. In Chapter 8, what caused Padre Pio to desire to leave the world?
(a) Being touched by Mary.
(b) Having his soul cleansed.
(c) Traveling to Rome with an angel.
(d) Feeling the illumination of God.
15. What happened when Benedetto learned of Padre Pio's wounds?
(a) He wanted him to write about his experience.
(b) He wanted to return him to their community.
(c) He wanted him to take his job.
(d) He wanted to send him to exile.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many older siblings did Padre Pio have?
2. In Chapter 5, why was Padre Pio's ordination delayed?
3. In Chapter 2, how did Padre Pio's father react when he told him about speaking with a guardian angle?
4. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
5. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)