Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
(a) With a list of ten points.
(b) With a lengthy passage from an academic essay.
(c) With a sampling of Padre Pio's letters.
(d) With quotes from newspaper articles.
2. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
(a) He would be late for class.
(b) He had visions in the middle of class.
(c) He was unprepared.
(d) He disliked his students.
3. Who was healed at St. Pellegrino the Martyr when Padre Pio visited?
(a) A black man.
(b) A child.
(c) An elderly woman.
(d) His mother.
4. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted to return to exile.
(b) He wanted to die also.
(c) He wanted to start a new ministry.
(d) He wanted to change religions.
5. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
(a) Arguing with other churches.
(b) Disliking the townspeople.
(c) Pointing out sin.
(d) Forcing people to work on Sundays.
6. In Chapter 9, how did the progression of World War I personally affect Padre Pio?
(a) He had to ration supplies.
(b) He had to do sermons on the road.
(c) He decided to join the military.
(d) He was drafted.
7. How did Dr. Lombardi describe Padre Pio's trances?
(a) Hightened awarenesses.
(b) Lost suffering.
(c) True ecstacy.
(d) A fraud.
8. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
(a) That Padre Pio wasn't welcome in his hometown.
(b) That his brother had killed someone accidentally.
(c) That his sister had an out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
(d) That the local church was becoming corrupt.
9. Where did Padre Pio's father work most of his life?
10. How old was Padre Pio when he visited St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
11. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
(a) Fearless Friar.
(b) Mini Monk.
(c) Fraudulent Friar.
(d) Mad Monk.
12. Why did Padre Pio question becoming a full member of Capuchin Order?
(a) He didn't like the other men in the group.
(b) He couldn't renounce the joys of life.
(c) He couldn't remember his oath.
(d) He didn't have the money.
13. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
(a) To try to destract him.
(b) To keep people away.
(c) Because he was unholy.
(d) Because he was convincing them of their faith.
14. At the end of Chapter 9, how did the author describe Padre Pio's time away from the friary?
(b) A waste of time.
15. In Chapter 5, when did the author say Padre Pio experienced great exultation?
(a) While traveling.
(b) During consolation.
(c) During mass.
(d) After falling asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
2. In Chapter 3, how were Padre Pio's vows described?
3. In Chapter 11, how many rules for spiritual growth did the author say Padre Pio had?
4. In Chapter 5, what did Padre Pio do to help others through Purgatory?
5. In Chapter 9, how did Benedetto show his anger toward Padre Pio?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)