|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the author describe Padre Pio's trip to Rome?
(a) The most dangerous trip of his life.
(b) The most awakening trip of his life.
(c) The longest trip of his life.
(d) The most painful trip of his life.
2. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
(a) That he rarely attended church.
(b) That he sometimes stole.
(c) That he never prayed in front of them.
(d) That he defaced a Bible.
3. What was the first stage of Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) The world.
(b) The Vatican.
(c) His hometown.
4. What season was it when Padre Pio left his family in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 1, how did Padre Pio's parents feel about the saints?
(a) They felt like they were secondary characters.
(b) They felt like they were family.
(c) They felt like they were gods.
(d) They felt like they didn't exist.
6. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
(a) Because it would keep him from temptation.
(b) Because it made him feel better about leaving his family.
(c) Because his teacher suggested it.
(d) Because it was a witness to Christ.
7. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
8. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
(a) Because he gave mass out of his house.
(b) Because he was always unprepared.
(c) Because he spoke to heavenly beings.
(d) Because he evoked demons.
9. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
(a) He couldn't understand it.
(b) He disliked it.
(c) He enjoyed it.
(d) He forgot to follow it.
10. As a teenager, how did Padre Pio treat women?
(a) He took them out on dates.
(b) He kissed a few.
(c) He would write about them but not speak to them.
(d) He had to fend them off.
11. When was Padre Pio declared terminally ill?
12. In Chapter 12, how did Padre Pio hurt his hands?
(a) He spilled acid on them.
(b) He was cut by razors.
(c) He grabbed a hot rod.
(d) He doesn't know how.
13. What did the Rule of St. Francis forbid?
(a) Praying at night.
(b) Wearing shoes.
(c) Taking vacations.
(d) Not shaving facial hair.
14. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
(a) He would be late for class.
(b) He had visions in the middle of class.
(c) He disliked his students.
(d) He was unprepared.
15. In Chapter 5, when did the author say Padre Pio experienced great exultation?
(a) During mass.
(b) After falling asleep.
(c) While traveling.
(d) During consolation.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of World War I, what did Padre Pio say the cause of war was?
2. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
3. In Chapter 2, how did Padre Pio's father react when he told him about speaking with a guardian angle?
4. In Chapter 1, what nickname was Padre Pio's family given?
5. In Chapter 1, what was life like in Pietrelcina?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)