|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did other people, aside from Benedetto, learn about Padre Pio's visions?
2. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
(a) Because he was unholy.
(b) To try to destract him.
(c) To keep people away.
(d) Because he was convincing them of their faith.
3. What season was it when Padre Pio left his family in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 5, why was Padre Pio's ordination delayed?
(a) His paperwork was missing.
(b) He was sick.
(c) He hadn't finished his requirements.
(d) He was out of town.
5. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
(a) To suffer more.
(b) To read the Bible.
(c) To write about it.
(d) To pray with others.
6. In Chapter 2, how did Padre Pio's father react when he told him about speaking with a guardian angle?
(a) He asked Padre Pio for proof.
(b) He believed Padre Pio.
(c) He told Padre Pio to keep it a secret.
(d) He didn't believe Padre Pio.
7. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
(a) That Padre Pio wasn't welcome in his hometown.
(b) That his sister had an out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
(c) That the local church was becoming corrupt.
(d) That his brother had killed someone accidentally.
8. What did Padre Pio study in Chapter 3 in order to become a friar?
(a) Charity mangement.
(b) Mary's life.
(c) Biblical history.
(d) Community life.
9. In Chapter 6, who did Padre Pio tell about his desire to return to Pietrelcina?
(a) His superior.
10. What advice did Padre Pio give regarding the devil, according to the author in Chapter 11?
(a) He didn't give advice regarding the devil.
(b) Speak with the devil.
(c) Reject the devil.
(d) Believe in the devil.
11. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
(a) Because he was always unprepared.
(b) Because he evoked demons.
(c) Because he spoke to heavenly beings.
(d) Because he gave mass out of his house.
12. What was the first stage of Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) The Vatican.
(c) His hometown.
(d) The world.
13. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
(a) It is the desire to leave the world.
(b) It is the desire to save one's self.
(c) It is the desire to be awakened.
(d) It is the desire to serve humanity.
14. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
15. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
(a) That he had multiple personalities.
(b) That he could speak to the dead.
(c) That he could bilocate.
(d) That he was witness to Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Padre Pio when he visited St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
2. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
3. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
4. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
5. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)