|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recorded the instance of Padre Pio speaking with demons?
(b) Padre Pio himself.
(c) Padre Agostino.
(d) A young monk.
2. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
(a) Because his teacher suggested it.
(b) Because it was a witness to Christ.
(c) Because it made him feel better about leaving his family.
(d) Because it would keep him from temptation.
3. In Chapter 4, what did Padre Pio's visions inspire him to do?
4. What did Giovanna Rizzani say Padre Pio's form promised her?
(a) To show her the way.
(b) To help her earn money.
(c) To free her from pain.
(d) To take care of her soul.
5. In Chapter 11, how many rules for spiritual growth did the author say Padre Pio had?
6. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
(a) Arguing with other churches.
(b) Pointing out sin.
(c) Disliking the townspeople.
(d) Forcing people to work on Sundays.
7. In Chapter 3, what was the purpose of the novitiate?
(a) To frighten.
(b) To sedate.
(c) To educate.
(d) To entertain.
8. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
(a) That he defaced a Bible.
(b) That he sometimes stole.
(c) That he rarely attended church.
(d) That he never prayed in front of them.
9. Why did Padre Pio question becoming a full member of Capuchin Order?
(a) He couldn't renounce the joys of life.
(b) He didn't have the money.
(c) He didn't like the other men in the group.
(d) He couldn't remember his oath.
10. How did the author describe Padre Pio's trip to Rome?
(a) The longest trip of his life.
(b) The most awakening trip of his life.
(c) The most dangerous trip of his life.
(d) The most painful trip of his life.
11. In Chapter 6, who did Padre Pio tell about his desire to return to Pietrelcina?
(d) His superior.
12. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
(a) Because they are legend.
(b) Because of their documentation.
(c) Because he witnessed them himself.
(d) He says they can be dismissed.
13. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
(a) Because he evoked demons.
(b) Because he spoke to heavenly beings.
(c) Because he was always unprepared.
(d) Because he gave mass out of his house.
14. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
(a) That he could speak to the dead.
(b) That he was witness to Christ.
(c) That he could bilocate.
(d) That he had multiple personalities.
15. In Chapter 5, when did the author say Padre Pio experienced great exultation?
(a) During consolation.
(b) While traveling.
(c) After falling asleep.
(d) During mass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Benedetto learned of Padre Pio's wounds?
2. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
3. What happened when Padre Pio covered his hand wounds?
4. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
5. In Chapter 12, who did the author say Padre Pio was teaching?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)