|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what convinced Padre Pio to return to the cloister?
(a) Benedetto physicall forced him back.
(b) The blood he saw during the war.
(c) His mother begged him.
(d) A woman offered to sacrafice herself.
2. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
(a) No other ideas.
(b) Pagan traditions.
(c) Jewish ideologies.
3. How many teachers did Padre Pio have during his childhood?
4. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
(a) Because it made him feel better about leaving his family.
(b) Because it would keep him from temptation.
(c) Because it was a witness to Christ.
(d) Because his teacher suggested it.
5. What explanation for his hand wounds did Padre Pio give?
(a) His teacher caused them.
(b) Jesus and Mary gave them to him.
(c) God forced him to do it to himself.
(d) He didn't have an explanation.
6. What did Padre Pio study in Chapter 3 in order to become a friar?
(a) Mary's life.
(b) Community life.
(c) Biblical history.
(d) Charity mangement.
7. How old was Padre Pio when he visited St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
8. In Chapter 9, how did the progression of World War I personally affect Padre Pio?
(a) He was drafted.
(b) He had to do sermons on the road.
(c) He decided to join the military.
(d) He had to ration supplies.
9. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
(a) Because he was always unprepared.
(b) Because he spoke to heavenly beings.
(c) Because he evoked demons.
(d) Because he gave mass out of his house.
10. What did Giovanna Rizzani say Padre Pio's form promised her?
(a) To free her from pain.
(b) To show her the way.
(c) To help her earn money.
(d) To take care of her soul.
11. What did Padre Pio study at the friary at San Marco la Catola?
12. In Chapter 7, how many stages did the author say Padre Pio's ministry had?
13. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted to change religions.
(b) He wanted to return to exile.
(c) He wanted to start a new ministry.
(d) He wanted to die also.
14. What advice did Padre Pio give regarding the devil, according to the author in Chapter 11?
(a) Believe in the devil.
(b) He didn't give advice regarding the devil.
(c) Reject the devil.
(d) Speak with the devil.
15. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
(a) He was angry.
(b) He agreed.
(c) He was sad.
(d) He was confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, how did Benedetto show his anger toward Padre Pio?
2. In Chapter 6, what did the author say Padre Pio told Jesus?
3. In Chapter 1, what was life like in Pietrelcina?
4. In Chapter 3, how were Padre Pio's vows described?
5. When was Padre Pio declared terminally ill?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)