|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Padre Pio feel about leaving his family in Chapter 2?
(a) He was proud.
(b) He was sad.
(c) He didn't care.
(d) He was excited.
2. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
(a) With a lengthy passage from an academic essay.
(b) With a list of ten points.
(c) With a sampling of Padre Pio's letters.
(d) With quotes from newspaper articles.
3. How did Gra feel about praying the rosary?
(a) He always forgot to pray the rosary.
(b) It brought him joy.
(c) He hated it.
(d) It was a routine.
4. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
(a) A lack of official records.
(b) Burned documents.
(c) A language barrier.
(d) Unreliable sources.
5. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
(a) She was devout.
(b) She didn't want to be gossiped about.
(c) She never heard gossip.
(d) She was too afraid.
6. In Chapter 7, how many stages did the author say Padre Pio's ministry had?
7. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
(a) Have a private education.
(b) Study world religions.
(c) Travel to the United States.
(d) Learn three languages.
8. In Chapter 6, what did Padre Pio know about Padre Agostino's prayer for him?
(a) That he was thinking of a woman.
(b) That he skipped the rosary.
(c) That he did it in English.
(d) That he was considering what he would say at his funeral.
9. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
(a) That he was witness to Christ.
(b) That he had multiple personalities.
(c) That he could bilocate.
(d) That he could speak to the dead.
10. Why did the author say news of Padre Pio's stigmata spread slowly at first?
(a) News of the stigmata spread quickly.
(b) He hid them for months.
(c) Many people were sick at the time.
(d) People didn't believe they were real.
11. In Chapter 3, how were Padre Pio's vows described?
12. In Chapter 12, what did the author note about the miracles attributed to Padre Pio at this time in his life?
(a) They relied more on common spirits than God.
(b) None were documented well enough to verify.
(c) Many were fakes.
(d) They were all relating to women.
13. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
(a) He forgot to follow it.
(b) He disliked it.
(c) He couldn't understand it.
(d) He enjoyed it.
14. In Chapter 4, what did Padre Pio's visions inspire him to do?
15. In Chapter 1, what was life like in Pietrelcina?
(a) A wave of wealth passed through the town.
(b) Many people were ill.
(c) The town had been flooding.
(d) Most of the women left.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
2. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
3. In Chapter 11, how many rules for spiritual growth did the author say Padre Pio had?
4. In Chapter 4, how were Padre Pio's visions described?
5. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)