|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
(a) A bishop.
(b) A king.
(c) A writer.
(d) A pope.
2. How did Padre Pio feel about leaving his family in Chapter 2?
(a) He was sad.
(b) He was excited.
(c) He didn't care.
(d) He was proud.
3. What did Padre Pio study at the friary at San Marco la Catola?
4. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
(a) With a lengthy passage from an academic essay.
(b) With a list of ten points.
(c) With quotes from newspaper articles.
(d) With a sampling of Padre Pio's letters.
5. As a teenager, how did Padre Pio treat women?
(a) He had to fend them off.
(b) He took them out on dates.
(c) He would write about them but not speak to them.
(d) He kissed a few.
6. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
(a) He says they can be dismissed.
(b) Because they are legend.
(c) Because of their documentation.
(d) Because he witnessed them himself.
7. During Padre Pio's childhood, how did his family make money?
(a) They sewed quilts.
(b) They were traders.
(c) They worked for the government.
(d) They ran a farm.
8. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
(a) Learn three languages.
(b) Study world religions.
(c) Travel to the United States.
(d) Have a private education.
9. How did Gra feel about praying the rosary?
(a) It brought him joy.
(b) He hated it.
(c) It was a routine.
(d) He always forgot to pray the rosary.
10. What city is Pietrelcina near?
11. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
(b) No other ideas.
(c) Jewish ideologies.
(d) Pagan traditions.
12. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
(a) Pointing out sin.
(b) Forcing people to work on Sundays.
(c) Arguing with other churches.
(d) Disliking the townspeople.
13. How did the author describe Padre Pio's trip to Rome?
(a) The most painful trip of his life.
(b) The most dangerous trip of his life.
(c) The longest trip of his life.
(d) The most awakening trip of his life.
14. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
(a) Purification of the self.
(b) Awakening of the self.
(c) Spiritual marriage.
15. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Benedetto learned of Padre Pio's wounds?
2. In Chapter 1, how did Padre Pio's parents feel about the saints?
3. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
4. When did Padre Pio visit Rome with his sister?
5. What did Giovanna Rizzani say Padre Pio's form promised her?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)