|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
2. In Chapter 6, who did Padre Pio tell about his desire to return to Pietrelcina?
(a) His superior.
3. What did Padre Pio study in Chapter 3 in order to become a friar?
(a) Biblical history.
(b) Mary's life.
(c) Charity mangement.
(d) Community life.
4. In Chapter 12, how did Padre Pio hurt his hands?
(a) He was cut by razors.
(b) He grabbed a hot rod.
(c) He doesn't know how.
(d) He spilled acid on them.
5. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
(a) That he could speak to the dead.
(b) That he could bilocate.
(c) That he was witness to Christ.
(d) That he had multiple personalities.
6. In Chapter 12, what did the author note about the miracles attributed to Padre Pio at this time in his life?
(a) They were all relating to women.
(b) None were documented well enough to verify.
(c) They relied more on common spirits than God.
(d) Many were fakes.
7. What happened when Padre Pio told his superiors about his visions in Chapter 4?
(a) He was asked to return to school.
(b) He was sent away.
(c) He was assigned a spiritual guide.
(d) He was given medicine.
8. Why did Padre Pio join Capuchin Order?
(a) To learn world languages.
(b) To train to be a priest.
(c) To become a friar.
(d) To study history.
9. Who recorded the instance of Padre Pio speaking with demons?
(a) Padre Pio himself.
(b) A young monk.
(c) Padre Agostino.
10. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
(a) That Padre Pio wasn't welcome in his hometown.
(b) That his sister had an out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
(c) That his brother had killed someone accidentally.
(d) That the local church was becoming corrupt.
11. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
(a) No other ideas.
(c) Pagan traditions.
(d) Jewish ideologies.
12. At the end of Chapter 9, how did the author describe Padre Pio's time away from the friary?
(d) A waste of time.
13. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
(a) He would be late for class.
(b) He disliked his students.
(c) He had visions in the middle of class.
(d) He was unprepared.
14. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto show tension toward Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted him to become a priest.
(b) He wanted him to teach classes.
(c) He wanted him to retrun to the friary.
(d) He wanted him to write a book.
15. In Chapter 1, how did Padre Pio's parents feel about the saints?
(a) They felt like they were gods.
(b) They felt like they were family.
(c) They felt like they didn't exist.
(d) They felt like they were secondary characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
2. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
3. What was the first stage of Padre Pio's ministry?
4. In Chapter 4, what did Padre Pio's visions inspire him to do?
5. In Chapter 11, how many rules for spiritual growth did the author say Padre Pio had?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)