|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
(a) Spiritual marriage.
(b) Purification of the self.
(c) Awakening of the self.
2. In Chapter 12, how did Padre Pio hurt his hands?
(a) He doesn't know how.
(b) He grabbed a hot rod.
(c) He was cut by razors.
(d) He spilled acid on them.
3. What vision did Padre Pio report having in 1903?
(a) Instructions on how to fight a demon.
(b) Mary holding his hand.
(c) Details about the world wars.
(d) A beautiful woman showing him art.
4. How old was Padre Pio when he visited St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
5. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
(a) That he defaced a Bible.
(b) That he never prayed in front of them.
(c) That he rarely attended church.
(d) That he sometimes stole.
6. In Chapter 7, how many stages did the author say Padre Pio's ministry had?
7. In Chapter 3, how were Padre Pio's vows described?
8. At the beginning of World War I, what did Padre Pio say the cause of war was?
(a) Man's unbelief.
(b) Women's wants.
(c) Man's greed.
(d) God's misunderstanding.
9. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
(a) He was confused.
(b) He was angry.
(c) He agreed.
(d) He was sad.
10. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
(a) Because he witnessed them himself.
(b) He says they can be dismissed.
(c) Because of their documentation.
(d) Because they are legend.
11. In Chapter 6, what did Padre Pio know about Padre Agostino's prayer for him?
(a) That he skipped the rosary.
(b) That he did it in English.
(c) That he was considering what he would say at his funeral.
(d) That he was thinking of a woman.
12. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
(a) That he could speak to the dead.
(b) That he could bilocate.
(c) That he was witness to Christ.
(d) That he had multiple personalities.
13. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
14. What happened when Benedetto learned of Padre Pio's wounds?
(a) He wanted him to write about his experience.
(b) He wanted him to take his job.
(c) He wanted to return him to their community.
(d) He wanted to send him to exile.
15. In Chapter 9, how did Benedetto show his anger toward Padre Pio?
(a) He didn't write him for months.
(b) He didn't let him in the friary.
(c) He cut off his ministry.
(d) He sent him to Western Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
2. What was the first stage of Padre Pio's ministry?
3. What season was it when Padre Pio left his family in Chapter 2?
4. What did Padre Pio study at the friary at San Marco la Catola?
5. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)