|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted to die also.
(b) He wanted to return to exile.
(c) He wanted to start a new ministry.
(d) He wanted to change religions.
2. How did Gra feel about praying the rosary?
(a) It was a routine.
(b) He hated it.
(c) It brought him joy.
(d) He always forgot to pray the rosary.
3. How did Padre Pio feel about leaving his family in Chapter 2?
(a) He didn't care.
(b) He was excited.
(c) He was sad.
(d) He was proud.
4. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
5. What did Giovanna Rizzani say Padre Pio's form promised her?
(a) To free her from pain.
(b) To show her the way.
(c) To take care of her soul.
(d) To help her earn money.
6. In Chapter 3, what was the purpose of the novitiate?
(a) To entertain.
(b) To sedate.
(c) To educate.
(d) To frighten.
7. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
(a) Mini Monk.
(b) Mad Monk.
(c) Fraudulent Friar.
(d) Fearless Friar.
8. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
(a) With quotes from newspaper articles.
(b) With a list of ten points.
(c) With a lengthy passage from an academic essay.
(d) With a sampling of Padre Pio's letters.
9. What explanation for his hand wounds did Padre Pio give?
(a) God forced him to do it to himself.
(b) He didn't have an explanation.
(c) His teacher caused them.
(d) Jesus and Mary gave them to him.
10. What city is Pietrelcina near?
11. Why did Padre Pio join Capuchin Order?
(a) To train to be a priest.
(b) To study history.
(c) To learn world languages.
(d) To become a friar.
12. Who recorded the instance of Padre Pio speaking with demons?
(a) A young monk.
(b) Padre Agostino.
(c) Padre Pio himself.
13. At the beginning of World War I, what did Padre Pio say the cause of war was?
(a) Man's unbelief.
(b) Man's greed.
(c) God's misunderstanding.
(d) Women's wants.
14. How did the author describe Padre Pio's trip to Rome?
(a) The longest trip of his life.
(b) The most dangerous trip of his life.
(c) The most awakening trip of his life.
(d) The most painful trip of his life.
15. In Chapter 12, what did the author note about the miracles attributed to Padre Pio at this time in his life?
(a) None were documented well enough to verify.
(b) Many were fakes.
(c) They relied more on common spirits than God.
(d) They were all relating to women.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, who did the author say Padre Pio was teaching?
2. In Chapter 7, how many stages did the author say Padre Pio's ministry had?
3. In Chapter 1, how did Padre Pio's parents feel about the saints?
4. What did the Rule of St. Francis forbid?
5. In Chapter 6, who did Padre Pio tell about his desire to return to Pietrelcina?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)