|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how did Padre Pio's parents feel about the saints?
(a) They felt like they were secondary characters.
(b) They felt like they were family.
(c) They felt like they didn't exist.
(d) They felt like they were gods.
2. At the end of Chapter 9, how did the author describe Padre Pio's time away from the friary?
(a) A waste of time.
3. What vision did Padre Pio report having in 1903?
(a) Instructions on how to fight a demon.
(b) Mary holding his hand.
(c) Details about the world wars.
(d) A beautiful woman showing him art.
4. What did the author name the first five years after Padre Pio returned home?
(a) Double exile.
(b) The awakening.
5. During Padre Pio's childhood, how did his family make money?
(a) They sewed quilts.
(b) They worked for the government.
(c) They ran a farm.
(d) They were traders.
6. How did Padre Pio feel about the mystics when he first learned about them?
(a) He disliked their ideas.
(b) He liked their ideas, but quickly forgot them.
(c) He was humored by them.
(d) He was greatly influenced by them.
7. When did other people, aside from Benedetto, learn about Padre Pio's visions?
8. In Chapter 11, what did the author say was strange about Padre Pio's early followers?
(a) They were young.
(b) They were women.
(c) They were originally non-believers.
(d) They were Jewish.
9. Why did Padre Pio question becoming a full member of Capuchin Order?
(a) He couldn't remember his oath.
(b) He didn't have the money.
(c) He couldn't renounce the joys of life.
(d) He didn't like the other men in the group.
10. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
11. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
(a) He forgot to follow it.
(b) He enjoyed it.
(c) He couldn't understand it.
(d) He disliked it.
12. In Chapter 5, why was Padre Pio's ordination delayed?
(a) He was out of town.
(b) He hadn't finished his requirements.
(c) He was sick.
(d) His paperwork was missing.
13. In Chapter 9, how did the progression of World War I personally affect Padre Pio?
(a) He decided to join the military.
(b) He was drafted.
(c) He had to ration supplies.
(d) He had to do sermons on the road.
14. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
(a) Disliking the townspeople.
(b) Pointing out sin.
(c) Forcing people to work on Sundays.
(d) Arguing with other churches.
15. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
(a) That he was witness to Christ.
(b) That he could speak to the dead.
(c) That he could bilocate.
(d) That he had multiple personalities.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what did Padre Pio know about Padre Agostino's prayer for him?
2. What explanation for his hand wounds did Padre Pio give?
3. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
4. In Chapter 3, how were Padre Pio's vows described?
5. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)