|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what convinced Padre Pio to return to the cloister?
(a) Benedetto physicall forced him back.
(b) A woman offered to sacrafice herself.
(c) His mother begged him.
(d) The blood he saw during the war.
2. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
(a) Because it was a witness to Christ.
(b) Because it would keep him from temptation.
(c) Because his teacher suggested it.
(d) Because it made him feel better about leaving his family.
3. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
(a) Arguing with other churches.
(b) Pointing out sin.
(c) Disliking the townspeople.
(d) Forcing people to work on Sundays.
4. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
(a) He was unprepared.
(b) He would be late for class.
(c) He had visions in the middle of class.
(d) He disliked his students.
5. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
(a) That his brother had killed someone accidentally.
(b) That Padre Pio wasn't welcome in his hometown.
(c) That his sister had an out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
(d) That the local church was becoming corrupt.
6. In Chapter 7, how many stages did the author say Padre Pio's ministry had?
7. What happened when Padre Pio told his superiors about his visions in Chapter 4?
(a) He was asked to return to school.
(b) He was assigned a spiritual guide.
(c) He was given medicine.
(d) He was sent away.
8. In Chapter 11, what did the author say was strange about Padre Pio's early followers?
(a) They were originally non-believers.
(b) They were Jewish.
(c) They were young.
(d) They were women.
9. In Chapter 6, what did the author say Padre Pio told Jesus?
(a) That he had spoken to demons.
(b) That he still had unconfessed sins.
(c) That he was sorry.
(d) That he wanted to bear the cross.
10. In Chapter 2, how did Padre Pio's father react when he told him about speaking with a guardian angle?
(a) He told Padre Pio to keep it a secret.
(b) He believed Padre Pio.
(c) He didn't believe Padre Pio.
(d) He asked Padre Pio for proof.
11. How did the author describe Padre Pio's trip to Rome?
(a) The longest trip of his life.
(b) The most awakening trip of his life.
(c) The most dangerous trip of his life.
(d) The most painful trip of his life.
12. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
(a) To work with Benedetto.
(b) He could never leave his bed.
(c) Whenever he wanted.
(d) For mass.
13. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
(a) That he could speak to the dead.
(b) That he had multiple personalities.
(c) That he was witness to Christ.
(d) That he could bilocate.
14. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
(a) Mad Monk.
(b) Mini Monk.
(c) Fraudulent Friar.
(d) Fearless Friar.
15. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
(a) A lack of official records.
(b) A language barrier.
(c) Unreliable sources.
(d) Burned documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, how did Padre Pio hurt his hands?
2. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
3. What explanation for his hand wounds did Padre Pio give?
4. As a teenager, how did Padre Pio treat women?
5. In Chapter 12, what did the author note about the miracles attributed to Padre Pio at this time in his life?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)