|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was healed at St. Pellegrino the Martyr when Padre Pio visited?
(a) His mother.
(b) An elderly woman.
(c) A black man.
(d) A child.
2. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
(a) He could never leave his bed.
(b) For mass.
(c) To work with Benedetto.
(d) Whenever he wanted.
3. In Chapter 1, what nickname was Padre Pio's family given?
(a) The lonely family.
(b) The God is everything family.
(c) The God is center family.
(d) The devoted family.
4. In Chapter 2, how did Padre Pio's father react when he told him about speaking with a guardian angle?
(a) He told Padre Pio to keep it a secret.
(b) He didn't believe Padre Pio.
(c) He asked Padre Pio for proof.
(d) He believed Padre Pio.
5. In Chapter 12, what did the author note about the miracles attributed to Padre Pio at this time in his life?
(a) None were documented well enough to verify.
(b) Many were fakes.
(c) They relied more on common spirits than God.
(d) They were all relating to women.
6. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
(a) That he defaced a Bible.
(b) That he sometimes stole.
(c) That he never prayed in front of them.
(d) That he rarely attended church.
7. Why did Padre Pio question becoming a full member of Capuchin Order?
(a) He couldn't renounce the joys of life.
(b) He didn't like the other men in the group.
(c) He couldn't remember his oath.
(d) He didn't have the money.
8. What did Padre Pio study in Chapter 3 in order to become a friar?
(a) Community life.
(b) Biblical history.
(c) Mary's life.
(d) Charity mangement.
9. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
(a) She was too afraid.
(b) She didn't want to be gossiped about.
(c) She never heard gossip.
(d) She was devout.
10. How many teachers did Padre Pio have during his childhood?
11. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
(a) Because his medicine didn't help.
(b) Because of his mental illness.
(c) Because he desired Christ's suffering.
(d) Because his physical issues couldn't be obeserved.
12. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
(a) Because he witnessed them himself.
(b) He says they can be dismissed.
(c) Because they are legend.
(d) Because of their documentation.
13. During Padre Pio's childhood, how did his family make money?
(a) They ran a farm.
(b) They were traders.
(c) They sewed quilts.
(d) They worked for the government.
14. In Chapter 6, what did the author say Padre Pio told Jesus?
(a) That he was sorry.
(b) That he still had unconfessed sins.
(c) That he wanted to bear the cross.
(d) That he had spoken to demons.
15. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
(a) To keep people away.
(b) To try to destract him.
(c) Because he was convincing them of their faith.
(d) Because he was unholy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author describe Padre Pio's trip to Rome?
2. In Chapter 9, what convinced Padre Pio to return to the cloister?
3. In Chapter 5, what did Padre Pio do to help others through Purgatory?
4. What explanation for his hand wounds did Padre Pio give?
5. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)