|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
(a) To keep people away.
(b) Because he was unholy.
(c) To try to destract him.
(d) Because he was convincing them of their faith.
2. What happened when Padre Pio told his superiors about his visions in Chapter 4?
(a) He was given medicine.
(b) He was assigned a spiritual guide.
(c) He was sent away.
(d) He was asked to return to school.
3. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
(a) He disliked it.
(b) He forgot to follow it.
(c) He couldn't understand it.
(d) He enjoyed it.
4. When was Padre Pio declared terminally ill?
5. What advice did Padre Pio give regarding the devil, according to the author in Chapter 11?
(a) He didn't give advice regarding the devil.
(b) Believe in the devil.
(c) Speak with the devil.
(d) Reject the devil.
6. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
(a) Learn three languages.
(b) Have a private education.
(c) Travel to the United States.
(d) Study world religions.
7. Who was healed at St. Pellegrino the Martyr when Padre Pio visited?
(a) A child.
(b) An elderly woman.
(c) His mother.
(d) A black man.
8. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
(a) With quotes from newspaper articles.
(b) With a sampling of Padre Pio's letters.
(c) With a list of ten points.
(d) With a lengthy passage from an academic essay.
9. What happened when Padre Pio covered his hand wounds?
(a) They became worse.
(b) They went away for awhile.
(c) He was wounded on his arms.
(d) The bandages wouldn't stay in place.
10. In Chapter 4, how were Padre Pio's visions described?
(a) As holy interceptions.
(b) As fleeting images.
(c) As painful occurances.
(d) As supernatural conversations.
11. In Chapter 5, why was Padre Pio's ordination delayed?
(a) He was out of town.
(b) His paperwork was missing.
(c) He hadn't finished his requirements.
(d) He was sick.
12. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
(a) That he was witness to Christ.
(b) That he could bilocate.
(c) That he had multiple personalities.
(d) That he could speak to the dead.
13. In Chapter 11, what did the author say was strange about Padre Pio's early followers?
(a) They were originally non-believers.
(b) They were Jewish.
(c) They were young.
(d) They were women.
14. How did Padre Pio feel about the mystics when he first learned about them?
(a) He was humored by them.
(b) He disliked their ideas.
(c) He liked their ideas, but quickly forgot them.
(d) He was greatly influenced by them.
15. In Chapter 7, how many stages did the author say Padre Pio's ministry had?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
2. What was the first stage of Padre Pio's ministry?
3. In Chapter 8, what caused Padre Pio to desire to leave the world?
4. What did Padre Pio study in Chapter 3 in order to become a friar?
5. What happened when Benedetto learned of Padre Pio's wounds?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)