|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Padre Pio study at the friary at San Marco la Catola?
2. In Chapter 4, how were Padre Pio's visions described?
(a) As holy interceptions.
(b) As supernatural conversations.
(c) As fleeting images.
(d) As painful occurances.
3. How did Padre Pio feel about the mystics when he first learned about them?
(a) He was greatly influenced by them.
(b) He liked their ideas, but quickly forgot them.
(c) He disliked their ideas.
(d) He was humored by them.
4. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
(a) With quotes from newspaper articles.
(b) With a lengthy passage from an academic essay.
(c) With a list of ten points.
(d) With a sampling of Padre Pio's letters.
5. At the end of Chapter 9, how did the author describe Padre Pio's time away from the friary?
(b) A waste of time.
6. In Chapter 1, how did Padre Pio's parents feel about the saints?
(a) They felt like they were family.
(b) They felt like they were secondary characters.
(c) They felt like they didn't exist.
(d) They felt like they were gods.
7. How many teachers did Padre Pio have during his childhood?
8. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
(a) To write about it.
(b) To pray with others.
(c) To read the Bible.
(d) To suffer more.
9. In Chapter 12, what did the author note about the miracles attributed to Padre Pio at this time in his life?
(a) They relied more on common spirits than God.
(b) They were all relating to women.
(c) None were documented well enough to verify.
(d) Many were fakes.
10. What happened when Padre Pio covered his hand wounds?
(a) He was wounded on his arms.
(b) They went away for awhile.
(c) The bandages wouldn't stay in place.
(d) They became worse.
11. In Chapter 3, what was the purpose of the novitiate?
(a) To frighten.
(b) To entertain.
(c) To educate.
(d) To sedate.
12. Where was Padre Pio told he was terminally ill?
(a) At the friary.
(b) At the Vatican.
(c) In the United States.
(d) In Naples.
13. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
(a) Because they are legend.
(b) He says they can be dismissed.
(c) Because of their documentation.
(d) Because he witnessed them himself.
14. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
(a) Because it was a witness to Christ.
(b) Because it made him feel better about leaving his family.
(c) Because his teacher suggested it.
(d) Because it would keep him from temptation.
15. How did the author describe Padre Pio's trip to Rome?
(a) The longest trip of his life.
(b) The most painful trip of his life.
(c) The most awakening trip of his life.
(d) The most dangerous trip of his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, who did Padre Pio tell about his desire to return to Pietrelcina?
2. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
3. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
4. In Chapter 12, how did Padre Pio hurt his hands?
5. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)