|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
(a) Because he witnessed them himself.
(b) Because of their documentation.
(c) Because they are legend.
(d) He says they can be dismissed.
2. What did the author name the first five years after Padre Pio returned home?
(c) The awakening.
(d) Double exile.
3. How did Dr. Lombardi describe Padre Pio's trances?
(a) Lost suffering.
(b) Hightened awarenesses.
(c) A fraud.
(d) True ecstacy.
4. In Chapter 11, how many rules for spiritual growth did the author say Padre Pio had?
5. Why did Padre Pio question becoming a full member of Capuchin Order?
(a) He couldn't renounce the joys of life.
(b) He didn't have the money.
(c) He didn't like the other men in the group.
(d) He couldn't remember his oath.
6. In Chapter 3, how were Padre Pio's vows described?
7. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted to start a new ministry.
(b) He wanted to return to exile.
(c) He wanted to die also.
(d) He wanted to change religions.
8. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
(a) She was devout.
(b) She was too afraid.
(c) She didn't want to be gossiped about.
(d) She never heard gossip.
9. Where did Padre Pio's father work most of his life?
10. When was Padre Pio declared terminally ill?
11. In Chapter 1, what was life like in Pietrelcina?
(a) A wave of wealth passed through the town.
(b) The town had been flooding.
(c) Many people were ill.
(d) Most of the women left.
12. In Chapter 1, how did Padre Pio's parents feel about the saints?
(a) They felt like they were secondary characters.
(b) They felt like they were gods.
(c) They felt like they didn't exist.
(d) They felt like they were family.
13. How did the author describe Padre Pio's trip to Rome?
(a) The most awakening trip of his life.
(b) The longest trip of his life.
(c) The most dangerous trip of his life.
(d) The most painful trip of his life.
14. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
(a) A lack of official records.
(b) A language barrier.
(c) Burned documents.
(d) Unreliable sources.
15. What did Giovanna Rizzani say Padre Pio's form promised her?
(a) To free her from pain.
(b) To take care of her soul.
(c) To show her the way.
(d) To help her earn money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many older siblings did Padre Pio have?
2. What explanation for his hand wounds did Padre Pio give?
3. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
4. How old was Padre Pio when he visited St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
5. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)