|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Padre Pio visit Rome with his sister?
2. What did Giovanna Rizzani say Padre Pio's form promised her?
(a) To help her earn money.
(b) To free her from pain.
(c) To take care of her soul.
(d) To show her the way.
3. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
(a) It is the desire to serve humanity.
(b) It is the desire to save one's self.
(c) It is the desire to be awakened.
(d) It is the desire to leave the world.
4. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
(a) To work with Benedetto.
(b) He could never leave his bed.
(c) For mass.
(d) Whenever he wanted.
5. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
(a) That he had multiple personalities.
(b) That he was witness to Christ.
(c) That he could bilocate.
(d) That he could speak to the dead.
6. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted to return to exile.
(b) He wanted to change religions.
(c) He wanted to die also.
(d) He wanted to start a new ministry.
7. In Chapter 5, what did Padre Pio do to help others through Purgatory?
(a) Offered his own suffering.
(b) Taught them to pray the rosary.
(c) He didn't help others through Purgatory.
(d) Called upon God to end Purgatory.
8. In Chapter 5, when did the author say Padre Pio experienced great exultation?
(a) During consolation.
(b) During mass.
(c) While traveling.
(d) After falling asleep.
9. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
(a) He enjoyed it.
(b) He couldn't understand it.
(c) He forgot to follow it.
(d) He disliked it.
10. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
(a) She never heard gossip.
(b) She was devout.
(c) She didn't want to be gossiped about.
(d) She was too afraid.
11. How many older siblings did Padre Pio have?
12. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
(a) That his brother had killed someone accidentally.
(b) That Padre Pio wasn't welcome in his hometown.
(c) That his sister had an out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
(d) That the local church was becoming corrupt.
13. During Padre Pio's childhood, how did his family make money?
(a) They were traders.
(b) They worked for the government.
(c) They ran a farm.
(d) They sewed quilts.
14. What season was it when Padre Pio left his family in Chapter 2?
15. How many teachers did Padre Pio have during his childhood?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what nickname was Padre Pio's family given?
2. Where was Padre Pio told he was terminally ill?
3. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
4. In Chapter 6, what did Padre Pio know about Padre Agostino's prayer for him?
5. In Chapter 12, how did Padre Pio hurt his hands?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)