|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Greatest Cross, Chapter 31, Just in Time for My Golden Jubilee, Chapter 32, I Cannot Bear My Cross Anymore, Chapter 33, 'Give Me the Obedience to Die!', Chapter 34, Padre Pio Lives!, Chapter 35, St. Pio of Pietrelcina, Epilogue, An Imitato.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how were Padre Pio's vows described?
2. What did Padre Pio study at the friary at San Marco la Catola?
3. In Chapter 8, how did the author try to tie Padre Pio's life to the stages of mystical experience?
(a) Through his first-hand experience with Padre Pio.
(b) Through Padre Pio's writings.
(c) Through historical accounts of Padre Pio's life.
(d) Through records from Padre Pio's church.
4. In Chapter 13, how long did the author say Padre Pio's hands bled for?
(a) Fifty years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Forty years.
5. In Chapter 1, what was life like in Pietrelcina?
(a) Most of the women left.
(b) The town had been flooding.
(c) Many people were ill.
(d) A wave of wealth passed through the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Pellegrina die?
2. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
3. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
4. How did Padre Pio feel about the mystics when he first learned about them?
5. Why did Pope Benedict XV protect Padre Pio during his lifetime?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)