|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Greatest Cross, Chapter 31, Just in Time for My Golden Jubilee, Chapter 32, I Cannot Bear My Cross Anymore, Chapter 33, 'Give Me the Obedience to Die!', Chapter 34, Padre Pio Lives!, Chapter 35, St. Pio of Pietrelcina, Epilogue, An Imitato.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people did the author estimate attended Padre Pio's funeral?
(a) It was a private ceremony.
(b) Around 100,000.
(c) Around 50,000.
(d) Around 10,000.
2. In Chapter 12, what did the author note about the miracles attributed to Padre Pio at this time in his life?
(a) They relied more on common spirits than God.
(b) They were all relating to women.
(c) None were documented well enough to verify.
(d) Many were fakes.
3. Where was Padre Pio told he was terminally ill?
(a) In Naples.
(b) At the friary.
(c) In the United States.
(d) At the Vatican.
4. Why did Brunatto threaten to publish a book?
(a) To force the ban on Padre Pio to be lifted.
(b) To get the pope to meet with him.
(c) To upset secularists.
(d) He didn't threaten to publish a book.
5. In Chapter 20, what did the author say made Padre Pio's life in Rome a little easier?
(a) The pope writes a statement in his favor.
(b) They make a holiday to honor him.
(c) Andrea Cesarano offers support to Padre Pio.
(d) Gagliardi loses his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what did the author say Padre Pio accepted donations for?
2. What did Padre Pio study in Chapter 3 in order to become a friar?
3. How did Padre Pio supposedly convert Dr. Ricciardi to Christianity?
4. Where did Padre Pio's father work most of his life?
5. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)