|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Greatest Cross, Chapter 31, Just in Time for My Golden Jubilee, Chapter 32, I Cannot Bear My Cross Anymore, Chapter 33, 'Give Me the Obedience to Die!', Chapter 34, Padre Pio Lives!, Chapter 35, St. Pio of Pietrelcina, Epilogue, An Imitato.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pope Pius XI took over, what was his major concern?
(a) Weeding out frauds.
(b) Totalitarian regimes.
(c) Making the church more money.
(d) Working with ecstatics.
2. What happened when Padre Pio covered his hand wounds?
(a) They became worse.
(b) They went away for awhile.
(c) The bandages wouldn't stay in place.
(d) He was wounded on his arms.
3. How did Padre Pio feel about the mystics when he first learned about them?
(a) He was greatly influenced by them.
(b) He was humored by them.
(c) He liked their ideas, but quickly forgot them.
(d) He disliked their ideas.
4. Who did Padre Pio hire as a secretary in Chapter 24?
(a) Maria's younger sister.
(b) A cousin of his.
(c) A priest.
(d) A newspaper writer.
5. In Chapter 27, how did Padre Pio speak to others about his miracles?
(a) He held monthly public reviews of his miracles.
(b) He would only write about them.
(c) He would describe them in great detail in private.
(d) He avoided speaking about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
2. In Chapter 21, what pauses development of The House for the Relief of Suffering?
3. In Chapter 18, what did Padre Pio decide to build?
4. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
5. In Chapter 16, what did Gagliardi tell the Papal office about Padre Pio?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)