|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Greatest Cross, Chapter 31, Just in Time for My Golden Jubilee, Chapter 32, I Cannot Bear My Cross Anymore, Chapter 33, 'Give Me the Obedience to Die!', Chapter 34, Padre Pio Lives!, Chapter 35, St. Pio of Pietrelcina, Epilogue, An Imitato.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto show tension toward Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted him to write a book.
(b) He wanted him to retrun to the friary.
(c) He wanted him to become a priest.
(d) He wanted him to teach classes.
2. In Chapter 15, what was Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi accused of?
(b) Forgetting his vows.
(c) Undermining Padre Pio.
3. In Chapter 20, what did Mayor Mordalci do to try to defend Padre Pio?
(a) Expose his opponents in a book.
(b) Create a safe haven in his town.
(c) Write an editorial in his favor.
(d) Block off Padre Pio's windows.
4. What happened to Maria during World War II?
(a) She disappeared.
(b) She was arrested.
(c) She moved back home.
(d) She became sick.
5. In Chapter 19, why was Padre Pio's family blackmailed?
(a) To save Padre Pio's job.
(b) To prevent a book from being published.
(c) To end a harrassment charge.
(d) To stop personal photos from being leaked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 15, why did Archpriest Don Giuseppe begin confessing to Padre Pio?
3. How did Padre Pio supposedly convert Dr. Ricciardi to Christianity?
4. In Chapter 18, why did Maria Pyle's mother come to Italy?
5. What did Don Giovanni Miscio say against Padre Pio and his ministry?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)