|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Greatest Cross, Chapter 31, Just in Time for My Golden Jubilee, Chapter 32, I Cannot Bear My Cross Anymore, Chapter 33, 'Give Me the Obedience to Die!', Chapter 34, Padre Pio Lives!, Chapter 35, St. Pio of Pietrelcina, Epilogue, An Imitato.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dr. Lombardi describe Padre Pio's trances?
(a) Hightened awarenesses.
(b) A fraud.
(c) Lost suffering.
(d) True ecstacy.
2. In Chapter 26, why did the author say Padre Pio often went to bed at 1:30am?
(a) Because he was praying and reading.
(b) Because he was speaking with God.
(c) Because he was praying the rosary.
(d) Because he was working at the hospital.
3. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
(a) Because he spoke to heavenly beings.
(b) Because he evoked demons.
(c) Because he gave mass out of his house.
(d) Because he was always unprepared.
4. In Chapter 18, what did Padre Pio decide to build?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A church.
(c) A school.
(d) An orphanage.
5. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
(a) To suffer more.
(b) To write about it.
(c) To read the Bible.
(d) To pray with others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Padre Pio study in Chapter 3 in order to become a friar?
2. How did Mayor Morcaldi react to news that Padre Pio should not be considered a saint?
3. In Chapter 6, who did Padre Pio tell about his desire to return to Pietrelcina?
4. In Chapter 27, how did Carrigan feel about Padre Pio's miracles?
5. In 1933, what changed for Padre Pio?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)