|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Greatest Cross, Chapter 31, Just in Time for My Golden Jubilee, Chapter 32, I Cannot Bear My Cross Anymore, Chapter 33, 'Give Me the Obedience to Die!', Chapter 34, Padre Pio Lives!, Chapter 35, St. Pio of Pietrelcina, Epilogue, An Imitato.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
(a) To keep people away.
(b) Because he was convincing them of their faith.
(c) To try to destract him.
(d) Because he was unholy.
2. How many teachers did Padre Pio have during his childhood?
3. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
(a) He says they can be dismissed.
(b) Because of their documentation.
(c) Because he witnessed them himself.
(d) Because they are legend.
4. What did Padre Pio say about San Giovanni Rotondo during World War II?
(a) That it would see the devil.
(b) That it would be spared.
(c) That it would fall to Hitler.
(d) That it would be his new home.
5. After Pope John XXIII's investigation of Padre Pio, what did the pope say about Casa?
(a) That it had an immaculate record.
(b) That it had been mismanaged.
(c) That it should be closed.
(d) That Padre Pio had taken money from it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1933, what changed for Padre Pio?
2. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
3. How did Padre Pio feel about the mystics when he first learned about them?
4. In Chapter 25, what month was the hospital built?
5. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)