|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Greatest Cross, Chapter 31, Just in Time for My Golden Jubilee, Chapter 32, I Cannot Bear My Cross Anymore, Chapter 33, 'Give Me the Obedience to Die!', Chapter 34, Padre Pio Lives!, Chapter 35, St. Pio of Pietrelcina, Epilogue, An Imitato.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, how did Benedetto show his anger toward Padre Pio?
(a) He didn't let him in the friary.
(b) He didn't write him for months.
(c) He sent him to Western Europe.
(d) He cut off his ministry.
2. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
(a) To pray with others.
(b) To read the Bible.
(c) To suffer more.
(d) To write about it.
3. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
(a) Because his sister was sick.
(b) Because he was needed to help fix a fraudulent friary.
(c) Because they were starting a ministry there.
(d) Because he was being investigated.
4. In Chapter 15, what was Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi accused of?
(a) Undermining Padre Pio.
(b) Forgetting his vows.
5. In Chapter 9, how did the progression of World War I personally affect Padre Pio?
(a) He was drafted.
(b) He decided to join the military.
(c) He had to do sermons on the road.
(d) He had to ration supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Padre Pio study at the friary at San Marco la Catola?
2. In Chapter 15, what did the author say Padre Pio accepted donations for?
3. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
4. What happened when Padre Pio covered his hand wounds?
5. In Chapter 27, what varied about Padre Pio according to who was witnessing him?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)