|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Greatest Cross, Chapter 31, Just in Time for My Golden Jubilee, Chapter 32, I Cannot Bear My Cross Anymore, Chapter 33, 'Give Me the Obedience to Die!', Chapter 34, Padre Pio Lives!, Chapter 35, St. Pio of Pietrelcina, Epilogue, An Imitato.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Padre Pio say about San Giovanni Rotondo during World War II?
(a) That it would be his new home.
(b) That it would see the devil.
(c) That it would be spared.
(d) That it would fall to Hitler.
2. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
(a) That he was witness to Christ.
(b) That he could bilocate.
(c) That he had multiple personalities.
(d) That he could speak to the dead.
3. In Chapter 21, what did the author say Padre Pio's life was not when it came to supernatural feats?
(a) A Biblical mirror.
(d) A carnival.
4. When Padre Pio's friends could not meet with him in Chapter 20, what did they do?
(a) Went home.
(b) Wrote letters.
(c) Sang songs.
(d) Broke into his room.
5. In Chapter 23, how did American and British soldiers affect Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) They spread it.
(b) They forced him to move.
(c) They shrunk the number of followers.
(d) They translated his writings.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, what varied about Padre Pio according to who was witnessing him?
2. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
3. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto show tension toward Padre Pio?
4. What explanation for his hand wounds did Padre Pio give?
5. In Chapter 3, what was the purpose of the novitiate?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)