|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, The Greatest Cross, Chapter 31, Just in Time for My Golden Jubilee, Chapter 32, I Cannot Bear My Cross Anymore, Chapter 33, 'Give Me the Obedience to Die!', Chapter 34, Padre Pio Lives!, Chapter 35, St. Pio of Pietrelcina, Epilogue, An Imitato.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
(a) Because he was being investigated.
(b) Because he was needed to help fix a fraudulent friary.
(c) Because his sister was sick.
(d) Because they were starting a ministry there.
2. Why did San Giovanni Rotundo grow during the 1950s?
(a) Because of prosperity.
(b) Because of Padre Pio's new church.
(c) Because of the miracles.
(d) Because of an increase in immigrants.
3. In 1933, what changed for Padre Pio?
(a) He could give mass publicly.
(b) He could give last rites.
(c) He could break the host.
(d) He could hear confessions from women.
4. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
(a) That he was witness to Christ.
(b) That he could speak to the dead.
(c) That he had multiple personalities.
(d) That he could bilocate.
5. How did Padre Pio feel about the lines of people who wanted to confess to him in Chapter 26?
(a) He thought they were all wasting their time.
(b) He would force the line to break up every so often.
(c) He didn't mind except when people cut in line.
(d) He loved the line.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, how did the author say he felt toward reports that Padre Pio was neurotic?
2. In Chapter 12, what did the author note about the miracles attributed to Padre Pio at this time in his life?
3. In Chapter 27, why did the author described Padre Pio as "charismatic"?
4. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
5. In Chapter 12, how did Padre Pio hurt his hands?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)