|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, 'A Magnificent Work of Charity', Chapter 26, A Day With Padre Pio, Chapter 27, The Charismatic, Chapter 28, Extraordinary Traveler, Chapter 29, The Doctor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Padre Pio's childhood, how did his family make money?
(a) They were traders.
(b) They sewed quilts.
(c) They ran a farm.
(d) They worked for the government.
2. In Chapter 8, how did the author try to tie Padre Pio's life to the stages of mystical experience?
(a) Through records from Padre Pio's church.
(b) Through Padre Pio's writings.
(c) Through historical accounts of Padre Pio's life.
(d) Through his first-hand experience with Padre Pio.
3. How old was Padre Pio when he visited St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
4. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
(a) She was devout.
(b) She didn't want to be gossiped about.
(c) She was too afraid.
(d) She never heard gossip.
5. In Chapter 20, what did Mayor Mordalci do to try to defend Padre Pio?
(a) Write an editorial in his favor.
(b) Create a safe haven in his town.
(c) Expose his opponents in a book.
(d) Block off Padre Pio's windows.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Padre Pio feel about the mystics when he first learned about them?
2. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 1, what nickname was Padre Pio's family given?
4. In Chapter 14, why did Padre Pio turn down an examination by Gerardo Agostino Gemelli?
5. Why did Padre Pio join Capuchin Order?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)