|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, 'A Magnificent Work of Charity', Chapter 26, A Day With Padre Pio, Chapter 27, The Charismatic, Chapter 28, Extraordinary Traveler, Chapter 29, The Doctor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what was the purpose of the novitiate?
(a) To educate.
(b) To sedate.
(c) To entertain.
(d) To frighten.
2. In Chapter 16, what did Gagliardi tell the Papal office about Padre Pio?
(a) That he was demonic.
(b) That he was a reliable source.
(c) That he was stealing.
(d) That he was hated at his friary.
3. Where did Padre Pio's father work most of his life?
4. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
(a) He says they can be dismissed.
(b) Because they are legend.
(c) Because of their documentation.
(d) Because he witnessed them himself.
5. What mood was Padre Pio in when he wrote "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
2. How did Don Angelo treat Padre Pio as a boy?
3. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
4. When did other people, aside from Benedetto, learn about Padre Pio's visions?
5. What nickname was Maria Pyle given?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)