|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, 'A Magnificent Work of Charity', Chapter 26, A Day With Padre Pio, Chapter 27, The Charismatic, Chapter 28, Extraordinary Traveler, Chapter 29, The Doctor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what religious movement did Padre Pio try to stop?
(a) Jewish Reformists.
(b) Seventh Day Adventists.
(d) Jehovah's Witnesses.
2. How did Padre Pio supposedly convert Dr. Ricciardi to Christianity?
(a) By reading his mind.
(b) By healing him on his death bed.
(c) By taking part in a bilocation.
(d) By turning inanimate objects into food.
3. What nickname was Maria Pyle given?
(a) Le Francious.
(b) L' Americana.
(c) My Maria.
(d) The Woman.
4. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
(a) To read the Bible.
(b) To write about it.
(c) To suffer more.
(d) To pray with others.
5. In Chapter 17, what happened to Padre Pio's confessions?
(a) He stopped taking confessions.
(b) He began taking confessions from women.
(c) He was able to predict their sins.
(d) He could relieve people of sin by touching them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Padre Pio feel about the lines of people who wanted to confess to him in Chapter 26?
2. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
3. Who recorded the instance of Padre Pio speaking with demons?
4. In Chapter 9, how did the progression of World War I personally affect Padre Pio?
5. Why did the author say news of Padre Pio's stigmata spread slowly at first?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)