|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, 'A Magnificent Work of Charity', Chapter 26, A Day With Padre Pio, Chapter 27, The Charismatic, Chapter 28, Extraordinary Traveler, Chapter 29, The Doctor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio name his sacrifice to God for the needs of the unsaved?
(a) His justification.
(b) His imprisonment.
(c) His crime.
(d) His duty.
2. In Chapter 24, what did the author say led to Padre Pio's political involvement?
(b) Crime in his neighborhood.
(c) Reading secular texts.
(d) Meeting American soldiers.
3. Who recorded the instance of Padre Pio speaking with demons?
(b) Padre Pio himself.
(c) Padre Agostino.
(d) A young monk.
4. In Chapter 16, what did Gagliardi tell the Papal office about Padre Pio?
(a) That he was hated at his friary.
(b) That he was a reliable source.
(c) That he was demonic.
(d) That he was stealing.
5. In 1933, what changed for Padre Pio?
(a) He could hear confessions from women.
(b) He could give last rites.
(c) He could break the host.
(d) He could give mass publicly.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what religious movement did Padre Pio try to stop?
2. How did Mayor Morcaldi react to news that Padre Pio should not be considered a saint?
3. How many teachers did Padre Pio have during his childhood?
4. In Chapter 1, what was life like in Pietrelcina?
5. At the end of Chapter 9, how did the author describe Padre Pio's time away from the friary?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)