|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, 'A Magnificent Work of Charity', Chapter 26, A Day With Padre Pio, Chapter 27, The Charismatic, Chapter 28, Extraordinary Traveler, Chapter 29, The Doctor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
(a) Fraudulent Friar.
(b) Mad Monk.
(c) Mini Monk.
(d) Fearless Friar.
2. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
(a) Because he was always unprepared.
(b) Because he gave mass out of his house.
(c) Because he spoke to heavenly beings.
(d) Because he evoked demons.
3. How did the author describe Padre Pio's trip to Rome?
(a) The longest trip of his life.
(b) The most dangerous trip of his life.
(c) The most painful trip of his life.
(d) The most awakening trip of his life.
4. When Pope Pius XI took over, what was his major concern?
(a) Totalitarian regimes.
(b) Weeding out frauds.
(c) Making the church more money.
(d) Working with ecstatics.
5. In Chapter 27, why did the author described Padre Pio as "charismatic"?
(a) Because he was a good public speaker.
(b) Because he renewed interest in the church.
(c) Because most people loved him.
(d) Because he worked religious miracles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what was Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi accused of?
2. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
3. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
4. What did Giovanna Rizzani say Padre Pio's form promised her?
5. How did Padre Pio feel about leaving his family in Chapter 2?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)