|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, 'A Magnificent Work of Charity', Chapter 26, A Day With Padre Pio, Chapter 27, The Charismatic, Chapter 28, Extraordinary Traveler, Chapter 29, The Doctor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
(a) Because he suffered from mental illness.
(b) Because he was too controversal.
(c) Because they had healed his stigmata.
(d) Because they couldn't confirm his supernatural character.
2. What was the first stage of Padre Pio's ministry?
(b) The Vatican.
(c) His hometown.
(d) The world.
3. In Chapter 8, what caused Padre Pio to desire to leave the world?
(a) Having his soul cleansed.
(b) Being touched by Mary.
(c) Traveling to Rome with an angel.
(d) Feeling the illumination of God.
4. In Chapter 21, what did the author say Padre Pio's life was not when it came to supernatural feats?
(a) A carnival.
(d) A Biblical mirror.
5. In Chapter 20, what did the author say made Padre Pio's life in Rome a little easier?
(a) The pope writes a statement in his favor.
(b) They make a holiday to honor him.
(c) Gagliardi loses his job.
(d) Andrea Cesarano offers support to Padre Pio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
2. In Chapter 29, when Padre Pio healed, who did he give credit to?
3. During Padre Pio's childhood, how did his family make money?
4. After the new church was built in Chapter 25, what did Padre Pio begin doing?
5. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)