|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Return to the Friary, Chapter 10, San Giovanni Rotondo, Chapter 11, The Spiritual Director, Chapter 12, The Stigmata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
(a) Fearless Friar.
(b) Mini Monk.
(c) Fraudulent Friar.
(d) Mad Monk.
2. In Chapter 4, how were Padre Pio's visions described?
(a) As painful occurances.
(b) As fleeting images.
(c) As holy interceptions.
(d) As supernatural conversations.
3. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
(a) A language barrier.
(b) A lack of official records.
(c) Unreliable sources.
(d) Burned documents.
4. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
(a) That he defaced a Bible.
(b) That he rarely attended church.
(c) That he sometimes stole.
(d) That he never prayed in front of them.
5. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
(a) Because he kept vomitting.
(b) Because he forgot his vows.
(c) Because he left the order.
(d) Because he had sinned.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what did Padre Pio do to help others through Purgatory?
2. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
3. Why did the author say news of Padre Pio's stigmata spread slowly at first?
4. How did Don Angelo treat Padre Pio as a boy?
5. In Chapter 12, what did the author note about the miracles attributed to Padre Pio at this time in his life?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)