|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Return to the Friary, Chapter 10, San Giovanni Rotondo, Chapter 11, The Spiritual Director, Chapter 12, The Stigmata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why was Padre Pio's ordination delayed?
(a) He was sick.
(b) His paperwork was missing.
(c) He was out of town.
(d) He hadn't finished his requirements.
2. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
(a) Because it would keep him from temptation.
(b) Because it made him feel better about leaving his family.
(c) Because his teacher suggested it.
(d) Because it was a witness to Christ.
3. In Chapter 12, who did the author say Padre Pio was teaching?
(a) Children of both genders.
(b) High school boys.
(c) High school girls.
(d) Adult men.
4. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
(a) Pointing out sin.
(b) Forcing people to work on Sundays.
(c) Arguing with other churches.
(d) Disliking the townspeople.
5. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto show tension toward Padre Pio?
2. In Chapter 1, what was life like in Pietrelcina?
3. When did other people, aside from Benedetto, learn about Padre Pio's visions?
4. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
5. In Chapter 8, how did the author try to tie Padre Pio's life to the stages of mystical experience?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)