|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Return to the Friary, Chapter 10, San Giovanni Rotondo, Chapter 11, The Spiritual Director, Chapter 12, The Stigmata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Padre Pio declared terminally ill?
2. When did other people, aside from Benedetto, learn about Padre Pio's visions?
3. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
(a) Travel to the United States.
(b) Have a private education.
(c) Study world religions.
(d) Learn three languages.
4. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
(a) That he sometimes stole.
(b) That he never prayed in front of them.
(c) That he rarely attended church.
(d) That he defaced a Bible.
5. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
(a) She was too afraid.
(b) She never heard gossip.
(c) She didn't want to be gossiped about.
(d) She was devout.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
2. In Chapter 1, what was life like in Pietrelcina?
3. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 8, what caused Padre Pio to desire to leave the world?
5. Why did the author say news of Padre Pio's stigmata spread slowly at first?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)