|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Return to the Friary, Chapter 10, San Giovanni Rotondo, Chapter 11, The Spiritual Director, Chapter 12, The Stigmata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how did Padre Pio's parents feel about the saints?
(a) They felt like they were gods.
(b) They felt like they were secondary characters.
(c) They felt like they didn't exist.
(d) They felt like they were family.
2. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
(a) That he defaced a Bible.
(b) That he sometimes stole.
(c) That he rarely attended church.
(d) That he never prayed in front of them.
3. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
(a) Because he had sinned.
(b) Because he left the order.
(c) Because he forgot his vows.
(d) Because he kept vomitting.
4. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
(a) He disliked it.
(b) He forgot to follow it.
(c) He enjoyed it.
(d) He couldn't understand it.
5. In Chapter 5, what did Padre Pio do to help others through Purgatory?
(a) Called upon God to end Purgatory.
(b) He didn't help others through Purgatory.
(c) Taught them to pray the rosary.
(d) Offered his own suffering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first stage of Padre Pio's ministry?
2. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
3. How many older siblings did Padre Pio have?
4. In Chapter 12, who did the author say Padre Pio was teaching?
5. How did Padre Pio feel about the mystics when he first learned about them?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)