|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Return to the Friary, Chapter 10, San Giovanni Rotondo, Chapter 11, The Spiritual Director, Chapter 12, The Stigmata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Padre Pio question becoming a full member of Capuchin Order?
(a) He couldn't remember his oath.
(b) He couldn't renounce the joys of life.
(c) He didn't have the money.
(d) He didn't like the other men in the group.
2. What did the Rule of St. Francis forbid?
(a) Praying at night.
(b) Wearing shoes.
(c) Taking vacations.
(d) Not shaving facial hair.
3. In Chapter 1, what was life like in Pietrelcina?
(a) Many people were ill.
(b) A wave of wealth passed through the town.
(c) Most of the women left.
(d) The town had been flooding.
4. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
(a) Awakening of the self.
(b) Spiritual marriage.
(d) Purification of the self.
5. How did Gra feel about praying the rosary?
(a) It brought him joy.
(b) It was a routine.
(c) He hated it.
(d) He always forgot to pray the rosary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season was it when Padre Pio left his family in Chapter 2?
2. How did Padre Pio feel about leaving his family in Chapter 2?
3. At the end of Chapter 9, how did the author describe Padre Pio's time away from the friary?
4. How old was Padre Pio when he visited St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
5. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)