|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Return to the Friary, Chapter 10, San Giovanni Rotondo, Chapter 11, The Spiritual Director, Chapter 12, The Stigmata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what did the author say was strange about Padre Pio's early followers?
(a) They were originally non-believers.
(b) They were young.
(c) They were women.
(d) They were Jewish.
2. What did Padre Pio study in Chapter 3 in order to become a friar?
(a) Biblical history.
(b) Charity mangement.
(c) Community life.
(d) Mary's life.
3. What happened when Padre Pio covered his hand wounds?
(a) They went away for awhile.
(b) He was wounded on his arms.
(c) They became worse.
(d) The bandages wouldn't stay in place.
4. In Chapter 3, what was the purpose of the novitiate?
(a) To frighten.
(b) To entertain.
(c) To sedate.
(d) To educate.
5. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
(a) A lack of official records.
(b) A language barrier.
(c) Unreliable sources.
(d) Burned documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
2. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
3. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
4. What happened when Benedetto learned of Padre Pio's wounds?
5. In Chapter 9, what convinced Padre Pio to return to the cloister?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)