|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Return to the Friary, Chapter 10, San Giovanni Rotondo, Chapter 11, The Spiritual Director, Chapter 12, The Stigmata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what did the author note about the miracles attributed to Padre Pio at this time in his life?
(a) They were all relating to women.
(b) Many were fakes.
(c) They relied more on common spirits than God.
(d) None were documented well enough to verify.
2. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted to return to exile.
(b) He wanted to start a new ministry.
(c) He wanted to die also.
(d) He wanted to change religions.
3. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
(a) He could never leave his bed.
(b) To work with Benedetto.
(c) For mass.
(d) Whenever he wanted.
4. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
(a) To read the Bible.
(b) To suffer more.
(c) To write about it.
(d) To pray with others.
5. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
(a) Have a private education.
(b) Learn three languages.
(c) Study world religions.
(d) Travel to the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dr. Lombardi describe Padre Pio's trances?
2. In Chapter 2, how did Padre Pio's father react when he told him about speaking with a guardian angle?
3. In Chapter 5, when did the author say Padre Pio experienced great exultation?
4. What did the author name the first five years after Padre Pio returned home?
5. In Chapter 4, what did Padre Pio's visions inspire him to do?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)