|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Return to the Friary, Chapter 10, San Giovanni Rotondo, Chapter 11, The Spiritual Director, Chapter 12, The Stigmata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Padre Pio when he visited St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
2. Who was healed at St. Pellegrino the Martyr when Padre Pio visited?
(a) A black man.
(b) An elderly woman.
(c) His mother.
(d) A child.
3. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
(a) That he defaced a Bible.
(b) That he sometimes stole.
(c) That he rarely attended church.
(d) That he never prayed in front of them.
4. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
(a) That the local church was becoming corrupt.
(b) That his brother had killed someone accidentally.
(c) That his sister had an out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
(d) That Padre Pio wasn't welcome in his hometown.
5. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
(a) Study world religions.
(b) Travel to the United States.
(c) Learn three languages.
(d) Have a private education.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dr. Lombardi describe Padre Pio's trances?
2. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
3. In Chapter 11, what did the author say was strange about Padre Pio's early followers?
4. What season was it when Padre Pio left his family in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)