|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Return to the Friary, Chapter 10, San Giovanni Rotondo, Chapter 11, The Spiritual Director, Chapter 12, The Stigmata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
(a) A writer.
(b) A pope.
(c) A king.
(d) A bishop.
2. What did Padre Pio study at the friary at San Marco la Catola?
3. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
4. What vision did Padre Pio report having in 1903?
(a) Details about the world wars.
(b) Instructions on how to fight a demon.
(c) Mary holding his hand.
(d) A beautiful woman showing him art.
5. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
(a) With a list of ten points.
(b) With a sampling of Padre Pio's letters.
(c) With a lengthy passage from an academic essay.
(d) With quotes from newspaper articles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 7, how many stages did the author say Padre Pio's ministry had?
3. During Padre Pio's childhood, how did his family make money?
4. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
5. In Chapter 6, what did Padre Pio know about Padre Agostino's prayer for him?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)