|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Return to the Friary, Chapter 10, San Giovanni Rotondo, Chapter 11, The Spiritual Director, Chapter 12, The Stigmata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
(a) He forgot to follow it.
(b) He disliked it.
(c) He couldn't understand it.
(d) He enjoyed it.
2. What season was it when Padre Pio left his family in Chapter 2?
3. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
(a) A bishop.
(b) A writer.
(c) A pope.
(d) A king.
4. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
(a) Because he was always unprepared.
(b) Because he evoked demons.
(c) Because he spoke to heavenly beings.
(d) Because he gave mass out of his house.
5. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted to die also.
(b) He wanted to change religions.
(c) He wanted to return to exile.
(d) He wanted to start a new ministry.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, how did the progression of World War I personally affect Padre Pio?
2. In Chapter 8, how did the author try to tie Padre Pio's life to the stages of mystical experience?
3. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
4. In Chapter 4, what did Padre Pio's visions inspire him to do?
5. In Chapter 5, when did the author say Padre Pio experienced great exultation?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)