|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
(a) That he sometimes stole.
(b) That he defaced a Bible.
(c) That he never prayed in front of them.
(d) That he rarely attended church.
2. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
(a) That the local church was becoming corrupt.
(b) That his sister had an out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
(c) That Padre Pio wasn't welcome in his hometown.
(d) That his brother had killed someone accidentally.
3. In Chapter 8, how did the author try to tie Padre Pio's life to the stages of mystical experience?
(a) Through historical accounts of Padre Pio's life.
(b) Through his first-hand experience with Padre Pio.
(c) Through Padre Pio's writings.
(d) Through records from Padre Pio's church.
4. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
(a) Forcing people to work on Sundays.
(b) Pointing out sin.
(c) Disliking the townspeople.
(d) Arguing with other churches.
5. In Chapter 5, why was Padre Pio's ordination delayed?
(a) His paperwork was missing.
(b) He was sick.
(c) He was out of town.
(d) He hadn't finished his requirements.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how did Padre Pio's father react when he told him about speaking with a guardian angle?
2. How did Gra feel about praying the rosary?
3. What did the author name the first five years after Padre Pio returned home?
4. As a teenager, how did Padre Pio treat women?
5. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)