|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
(a) He forgot to follow it.
(b) He enjoyed it.
(c) He disliked it.
(d) He couldn't understand it.
2. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
(b) No other ideas.
(c) Pagan traditions.
(d) Jewish ideologies.
3. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
(a) To write about it.
(b) To suffer more.
(c) To read the Bible.
(d) To pray with others.
4. In Chapter 5, why was Padre Pio's ordination delayed?
(a) His paperwork was missing.
(b) He was sick.
(c) He hadn't finished his requirements.
(d) He was out of town.
5. In Chapter 6, what did the author say Padre Pio told Jesus?
(a) That he was sorry.
(b) That he had spoken to demons.
(c) That he wanted to bear the cross.
(d) That he still had unconfessed sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Padre Pio feel about the mystics when he first learned about them?
2. In Chapter 8, what caused Padre Pio to desire to leave the world?
3. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
4. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
5. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)