|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what did the author say Padre Pio told Jesus?
(a) That he had spoken to demons.
(b) That he still had unconfessed sins.
(c) That he was sorry.
(d) That he wanted to bear the cross.
2. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
(a) A king.
(b) A writer.
(c) A pope.
(d) A bishop.
3. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
(a) That he never prayed in front of them.
(b) That he rarely attended church.
(c) That he sometimes stole.
(d) That he defaced a Bible.
4. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
(b) No other ideas.
(c) Jewish ideologies.
(d) Pagan traditions.
5. What vision did Padre Pio report having in 1903?
(a) Details about the world wars.
(b) A beautiful woman showing him art.
(c) Instructions on how to fight a demon.
(d) Mary holding his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
2. What happened when Padre Pio covered his hand wounds?
3. What did Padre Pio study in Chapter 3 in order to become a friar?
4. In Chapter 5, when did the author say Padre Pio experienced great exultation?
5. When did other people, aside from Benedetto, learn about Padre Pio's visions?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)