|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Rule of St. Francis forbid?
(a) Not shaving facial hair.
(b) Taking vacations.
(c) Wearing shoes.
(d) Praying at night.
2. Who recorded the instance of Padre Pio speaking with demons?
(a) A young monk.
(c) Padre Pio himself.
(d) Padre Agostino.
3. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
(a) Spiritual marriage.
(b) Purification of the self.
(d) Awakening of the self.
5. When did other people, aside from Benedetto, learn about Padre Pio's visions?
Short Answer Questions
1. During Padre Pio's childhood, how did his family make money?
2. How did Padre Pio feel about the mystics when he first learned about them?
3. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
4. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
5. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)