|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
(a) He could never leave his bed.
(b) For mass.
(c) Whenever he wanted.
(d) To work with Benedetto.
2. What was the first stage of Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) The Vatican.
(b) The world.
(d) His hometown.
3. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
(a) A lack of official records.
(b) Unreliable sources.
(c) A language barrier.
(d) Burned documents.
4. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
(a) That he sometimes stole.
(b) That he defaced a Bible.
(c) That he rarely attended church.
(d) That he never prayed in front of them.
5. How did Dr. Lombardi describe Padre Pio's trances?
(a) Lost suffering.
(b) True ecstacy.
(c) Hightened awarenesses.
(d) A fraud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Padre Pio join Capuchin Order?
2. What did Giovanna Rizzani say Padre Pio's form promised her?
3. How did Padre Pio feel about the mystics when he first learned about them?
4. Where was Padre Pio told he was terminally ill?
5. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)