|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Padre Pio declared terminally ill?
2. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
(a) A lack of official records.
(b) A language barrier.
(c) Unreliable sources.
(d) Burned documents.
3. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
(a) Because they are legend.
(b) Because of their documentation.
(c) He says they can be dismissed.
(d) Because he witnessed them himself.
4. In Chapter 6, who did Padre Pio tell about his desire to return to Pietrelcina?
(d) His superior.
5. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
(a) That Padre Pio wasn't welcome in his hometown.
(b) That his sister had an out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
(c) That the local church was becoming corrupt.
(d) That his brother had killed someone accidentally.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
2. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
3. Who recorded the instance of Padre Pio speaking with demons?
4. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
5. Who was healed at St. Pellegrino the Martyr when Padre Pio visited?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)