|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
(a) Because his teacher suggested it.
(b) Because it made him feel better about leaving his family.
(c) Because it would keep him from temptation.
(d) Because it was a witness to Christ.
2. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
(a) Pointing out sin.
(b) Forcing people to work on Sundays.
(c) Arguing with other churches.
(d) Disliking the townspeople.
3. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
(a) Whenever he wanted.
(b) For mass.
(c) To work with Benedetto.
(d) He could never leave his bed.
4. What season was it when Padre Pio left his family in Chapter 2?
5. Where did Padre Pio's father work most of his life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
2. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
3. Why did Padre Pio join Capuchin Order?
4. What city is Pietrelcina near?
5. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)