|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Padre Pio's childhood, how did his family make money?
(a) They ran a farm.
(b) They were traders.
(c) They sewed quilts.
(d) They worked for the government.
2. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
(a) He was confused.
(b) He was angry.
(c) He was sad.
(d) He agreed.
3. In Chapter 1, how did Padre Pio's parents feel about the saints?
(a) They felt like they were gods.
(b) They felt like they were family.
(c) They felt like they were secondary characters.
(d) They felt like they didn't exist.
4. In Chapter 5, when did the author say Padre Pio experienced great exultation?
(a) After falling asleep.
(b) While traveling.
(c) During mass.
(d) During consolation.
5. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
(a) Fearless Friar.
(b) Mad Monk.
(c) Mini Monk.
(d) Fraudulent Friar.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how were Padre Pio's visions described?
2. Why did Padre Pio question becoming a full member of Capuchin Order?
3. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
4. What was the first stage of Padre Pio's ministry?
5. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)