|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Padre Pio when he visited St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
2. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
(a) He couldn't understand it.
(b) He enjoyed it.
(c) He disliked it.
(d) He forgot to follow it.
3. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
(a) Jewish ideologies.
(b) Pagan traditions.
(c) No other ideas.
4. How did Padre Pio feel about the mystics when he first learned about them?
(a) He was humored by them.
(b) He was greatly influenced by them.
(c) He disliked their ideas.
(d) He liked their ideas, but quickly forgot them.
5. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
(a) That he could speak to the dead.
(b) That he had multiple personalities.
(c) That he was witness to Christ.
(d) That he could bilocate.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
2. Where was Padre Pio told he was terminally ill?
3. How did Dr. Lombardi describe Padre Pio's trances?
4. What did the Rule of St. Francis forbid?
5. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)