|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dr. Lombardi describe Padre Pio's trances?
(a) Hightened awarenesses.
(b) Lost suffering.
(c) A fraud.
(d) True ecstacy.
2. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
(a) Study world religions.
(b) Have a private education.
(c) Travel to the United States.
(d) Learn three languages.
3. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
(a) Mad Monk.
(b) Fraudulent Friar.
(c) Fearless Friar.
(d) Mini Monk.
4. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
(a) That he had multiple personalities.
(b) That he could bilocate.
(c) That he could speak to the dead.
(d) That he was witness to Christ.
5. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
(a) A writer.
(b) A pope.
(c) A bishop.
(d) A king.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
2. What vision did Padre Pio report having in 1903?
3. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
4. When was Padre Pio declared terminally ill?
5. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)