|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
(a) She was devout.
(b) She didn't want to be gossiped about.
(c) She was too afraid.
(d) She never heard gossip.
2. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
(a) Because he forgot his vows.
(b) Because he kept vomitting.
(c) Because he had sinned.
(d) Because he left the order.
3. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
(a) Unreliable sources.
(b) Burned documents.
(c) A language barrier.
(d) A lack of official records.
4. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
(a) Travel to the United States.
(b) Have a private education.
(c) Study world religions.
(d) Learn three languages.
5. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
(a) No other ideas.
(b) Jewish ideologies.
(c) Pagan traditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Padre Pio's father work most of his life?
2. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
3. What explanation for his hand wounds did Padre Pio give?
4. What season was it when Padre Pio left his family in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)