|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, 'A Magnificent Work of Charity', Chapter 26, A Day With Padre Pio, Chapter 27, The Charismatic, Chapter 28, Extraordinary Traveler, Chapter 29, The Doctor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 9, how did the author describe Padre Pio's time away from the friary?
(c) A waste of time.
2. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted to die also.
(b) He wanted to start a new ministry.
(c) He wanted to return to exile.
(d) He wanted to change religions.
3. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
(a) Stricter police control.
(b) Giving the church more power.
(c) Redeveloped schools.
(d) More democratic involvement.
4. When did Maria Pyle decide to become one of Padre Pio's disciples?
(a) She never officially became a disciple.
(b) As soon as she met him.
(c) A few years after following him.
(d) After hearing one of his sermons in Germany.
5. In Chapter 24, what religious movement did Padre Pio try to stop?
(b) Jewish Reformists.
(c) Jehovah's Witnesses.
(d) Seventh Day Adventists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 19, why was Padre Pio's family blackmailed?
3. In Chapter 13, how long did the author say Padre Pio's hands bled for?
4. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
5. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)