|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, 'A Magnificent Work of Charity', Chapter 26, A Day With Padre Pio, Chapter 27, The Charismatic, Chapter 28, Extraordinary Traveler, Chapter 29, The Doctor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation for his hand wounds did Padre Pio give?
(a) God forced him to do it to himself.
(b) His teacher caused them.
(c) Jesus and Mary gave them to him.
(d) He didn't have an explanation.
2. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
(a) That Padre Pio wasn't welcome in his hometown.
(b) That his brother had killed someone accidentally.
(c) That the local church was becoming corrupt.
(d) That his sister had an out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
3. What happened when Benedetto learned of Padre Pio's wounds?
(a) He wanted to send him to exile.
(b) He wanted him to take his job.
(c) He wanted him to write about his experience.
(d) He wanted to return him to their community.
4. Why did the author say news of Padre Pio's stigmata spread slowly at first?
(a) News of the stigmata spread quickly.
(b) Many people were sick at the time.
(c) He hid them for months.
(d) People didn't believe they were real.
5. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
(a) After World War II ended.
(b) He never met a protestant.
(c) World War II.
(d) Before World War II began.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Padre Pio declared terminally ill?
2. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
3. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
4. When did Maria Pyle decide to become one of Padre Pio's disciples?
5. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)