|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, 'A Magnificent Work of Charity', Chapter 26, A Day With Padre Pio, Chapter 27, The Charismatic, Chapter 28, Extraordinary Traveler, Chapter 29, The Doctor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
(a) It is the desire to save one's self.
(b) It is the desire to serve humanity.
(c) It is the desire to be awakened.
(d) It is the desire to leave the world.
2. In Chapter 23, how did American and British soldiers affect Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) They translated his writings.
(b) They spread it.
(c) They shrunk the number of followers.
(d) They forced him to move.
3. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
(a) To write about it.
(b) To pray with others.
(c) To read the Bible.
(d) To suffer more.
4. During Padre Pio's childhood, how did his family make money?
(a) They worked for the government.
(b) They ran a farm.
(c) They were traders.
(d) They sewed quilts.
5. When did Maria Pyle decide to become one of Padre Pio's disciples?
(a) As soon as she met him.
(b) She never officially became a disciple.
(c) After hearing one of his sermons in Germany.
(d) A few years after following him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Padre Pio visit Rome with his sister?
2. In Chapter 29, what did a blind man claim Padre Pio did for him?
3. In 1933, what changed for Padre Pio?
4. In Chapter 24, what did the author say led to Padre Pio's political involvement?
5. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)