|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, 'A Magnificent Work of Charity', Chapter 26, A Day With Padre Pio, Chapter 27, The Charismatic, Chapter 28, Extraordinary Traveler, Chapter 29, The Doctor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Padre Pio feel about leaving his family in Chapter 2?
(a) He was proud.
(b) He was excited.
(c) He didn't care.
(d) He was sad.
2. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
(a) Awakening of the self.
(b) Purification of the self.
(d) Spiritual marriage.
3. In Chapter 4, how were Padre Pio's visions described?
(a) As supernatural conversations.
(b) As painful occurances.
(c) As fleeting images.
(d) As holy interceptions.
4. When Padre Bernardo became Cardinal, how did it affect Padre Pio?
(a) It didn't affect Padre Pio.
(b) He faced more constraints.
(c) He had less money to work with.
(d) He was given more freedom.
5. In Chapter 17, what happened to Padre Pio's confessions?
(a) He began taking confessions from women.
(b) He was able to predict their sins.
(c) He could relieve people of sin by touching them.
(d) He stopped taking confessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Don Giovanni Miscio say against Padre Pio and his ministry?
2. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
3. How did Padre Pio supposedly convert Dr. Ricciardi to Christianity?
4. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
5. In Chapter 1, what nickname was Padre Pio's family given?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)