|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, 'A Magnificent Work of Charity', Chapter 26, A Day With Padre Pio, Chapter 27, The Charismatic, Chapter 28, Extraordinary Traveler, Chapter 29, The Doctor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Padre Pio feel about the lines of people who wanted to confess to him in Chapter 26?
(a) He loved the line.
(b) He thought they were all wasting their time.
(c) He would force the line to break up every so often.
(d) He didn't mind except when people cut in line.
2. What did Giovanna Rizzani say Padre Pio's form promised her?
(a) To show her the way.
(b) To help her earn money.
(c) To take care of her soul.
(d) To free her from pain.
3. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
(a) For mass.
(b) He could never leave his bed.
(c) Whenever he wanted.
(d) To work with Benedetto.
4. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
(a) Because he suffered from mental illness.
(b) Because they couldn't confirm his supernatural character.
(c) Because they had healed his stigmata.
(d) Because he was too controversal.
5. What happened when Padre Pio covered his hand wounds?
(a) The bandages wouldn't stay in place.
(b) They went away for awhile.
(c) They became worse.
(d) He was wounded on his arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, how did the author say he felt toward reports that Padre Pio was neurotic?
2. In Chapter 24, how did Padre Pio feel about the monarchy?
3. In Chapter 24, what religious movement did Padre Pio try to stop?
4. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
5. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)