|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, 'A Magnificent Work of Charity', Chapter 26, A Day With Padre Pio, Chapter 27, The Charismatic, Chapter 28, Extraordinary Traveler, Chapter 29, The Doctor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, why did Padre Pio turn down an examination by Gerardo Agostino Gemelli?
(a) Because he wasn't certified.
(b) Because he didn't have permission.
(c) He didn't turn the examination down.
(d) Because he wasn't Christian.
2. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
(a) To read the Bible.
(b) To pray with others.
(c) To write about it.
(d) To suffer more.
3. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio lose?
(a) His mother.
(b) His entire friary.
(c) Most of his priestly powers.
(d) Donations from his spiritual children.
4. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
(a) Because it was a witness to Christ.
(b) Because it would keep him from temptation.
(c) Because his teacher suggested it.
(d) Because it made him feel better about leaving his family.
5. In Chapter 5, when did the author say Padre Pio experienced great exultation?
(a) After falling asleep.
(b) During consolation.
(c) During mass.
(d) While traveling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
2. How many teachers did Padre Pio have during his childhood?
3. When did Maria Pyle decide to become one of Padre Pio's disciples?
4. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 13, how did the author say he felt toward reports that Padre Pio was neurotic?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)