|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
(a) A bishop.
(b) A writer.
(c) A pope.
(d) A king.
2. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
(a) That his sister had an out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
(b) That Padre Pio wasn't welcome in his hometown.
(c) That his brother had killed someone accidentally.
(d) That the local church was becoming corrupt.
3. What did Padre Pio study at the friary at San Marco la Catola?
4. During Padre Pio's childhood, how did his family make money?
(a) They sewed quilts.
(b) They ran a farm.
(c) They worked for the government.
(d) They were traders.
5. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
(a) It is the desire to save one's self.
(b) It is the desire to be awakened.
(c) It is the desire to leave the world.
(d) It is the desire to serve humanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what did Padre Pio's visions inspire him to do?
2. Where did Padre Pio's father work most of his life?
3. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
4. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
5. When did other people, aside from Benedetto, learn about Padre Pio's visions?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)