|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
(a) That the local church was becoming corrupt.
(b) That his brother had killed someone accidentally.
(c) That Padre Pio wasn't welcome in his hometown.
(d) That his sister had an out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
2. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
(a) It is the desire to leave the world.
(b) It is the desire to save one's self.
(c) It is the desire to be awakened.
(d) It is the desire to serve humanity.
3. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
(a) A pope.
(b) A king.
(c) A bishop.
(d) A writer.
4. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
(a) Because he spoke to heavenly beings.
(b) Because he was always unprepared.
(c) Because he gave mass out of his house.
(d) Because he evoked demons.
5. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
(a) To suffer more.
(b) To pray with others.
(c) To read the Bible.
(d) To write about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
2. How did Gra feel about praying the rosary?
3. In Chapter 2, how did Padre Pio's father react when he told him about speaking with a guardian angle?
4. In Chapter 6, what did the author say Padre Pio told Jesus?
5. In Chapter 1, how did Padre Pio's parents feel about the saints?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)