|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Rule of St. Francis forbid?
(a) Wearing shoes.
(b) Praying at night.
(c) Not shaving facial hair.
(d) Taking vacations.
2. In Chapter 1, how did Padre Pio's parents feel about the saints?
(a) They felt like they didn't exist.
(b) They felt like they were gods.
(c) They felt like they were secondary characters.
(d) They felt like they were family.
3. Who recorded the instance of Padre Pio speaking with demons?
(a) Padre Agostino.
(b) Padre Pio himself.
(d) A young monk.
4. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
(a) To write about it.
(b) To suffer more.
(c) To read the Bible.
(d) To pray with others.
5. What explanation for his hand wounds did Padre Pio give?
(a) He didn't have an explanation.
(b) His teacher caused them.
(c) Jesus and Mary gave them to him.
(d) God forced him to do it to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
2. What did the author name the first five years after Padre Pio returned home?
3. What happened when Padre Pio covered his hand wounds?
4. In Chapter 6, what did Padre Pio know about Padre Agostino's prayer for him?
5. In Chapter 5, when did the author say Padre Pio experienced great exultation?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)