|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
(a) That he could speak to the dead.
(b) That he could bilocate.
(c) That he was witness to Christ.
(d) That he had multiple personalities.
2. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
(a) Travel to the United States.
(b) Have a private education.
(c) Learn three languages.
(d) Study world religions.
3. In Chapter 8, how did the author try to tie Padre Pio's life to the stages of mystical experience?
(a) Through historical accounts of Padre Pio's life.
(b) Through his first-hand experience with Padre Pio.
(c) Through records from Padre Pio's church.
(d) Through Padre Pio's writings.
4. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
(a) He was sad.
(b) He was confused.
(c) He was angry.
(d) He agreed.
5. What was the first stage of Padre Pio's ministry?
(b) The world.
(c) His hometown.
(d) The Vatican.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did other people, aside from Benedetto, learn about Padre Pio's visions?
2. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
4. Who was healed at St. Pellegrino the Martyr when Padre Pio visited?
5. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)