|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Padre Pio study at the friary at San Marco la Catola?
2. What explanation for his hand wounds did Padre Pio give?
(a) Jesus and Mary gave them to him.
(b) God forced him to do it to himself.
(c) He didn't have an explanation.
(d) His teacher caused them.
3. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
(a) To write about it.
(b) To read the Bible.
(c) To suffer more.
(d) To pray with others.
4. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
(a) That he rarely attended church.
(b) That he never prayed in front of them.
(c) That he defaced a Bible.
(d) That he sometimes stole.
5. How many older siblings did Padre Pio have?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
2. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
3. What did the Rule of St. Francis forbid?
4. What did Padre Pio study in Chapter 3 in order to become a friar?
5. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)