|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what was life like in Pietrelcina?
(a) A wave of wealth passed through the town.
(b) The town had been flooding.
(c) Many people were ill.
(d) Most of the women left.
2. In Chapter 4, what did Padre Pio's visions inspire him to do?
3. What happened when Padre Pio told his superiors about his visions in Chapter 4?
(a) He was sent away.
(b) He was given medicine.
(c) He was assigned a spiritual guide.
(d) He was asked to return to school.
4. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
(a) Because he evoked demons.
(b) Because he spoke to heavenly beings.
(c) Because he gave mass out of his house.
(d) Because he was always unprepared.
5. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
(a) No other ideas.
(b) Pagan traditions.
(d) Jewish ideologies.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how were Padre Pio's vows described?
2. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
3. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
4. In Chapter 7, how many stages did the author say Padre Pio's ministry had?
5. What happened when Benedetto learned of Padre Pio's wounds?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)