|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation for his hand wounds did Padre Pio give?
(a) God forced him to do it to himself.
(b) His teacher caused them.
(c) He didn't have an explanation.
(d) Jesus and Mary gave them to him.
2. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
(a) Because his physical issues couldn't be obeserved.
(b) Because of his mental illness.
(c) Because his medicine didn't help.
(d) Because he desired Christ's suffering.
3. Who was healed at St. Pellegrino the Martyr when Padre Pio visited?
(a) A black man.
(b) A child.
(c) His mother.
(d) An elderly woman.
4. In Chapter 5, what did Padre Pio do to help others through Purgatory?
(a) Offered his own suffering.
(b) Called upon God to end Purgatory.
(c) He didn't help others through Purgatory.
(d) Taught them to pray the rosary.
5. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
(a) Because it would keep him from temptation.
(b) Because it made him feel better about leaving his family.
(c) Because it was a witness to Christ.
(d) Because his teacher suggested it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
2. What did the author name the first five years after Padre Pio returned home?
3. In Chapter 1, what nickname was Padre Pio's family given?
4. In Chapter 4, what did Padre Pio's visions inspire him to do?
5. How did Dr. Lombardi describe Padre Pio's trances?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)