|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Padre Pio told his superiors about his visions in Chapter 4?
(a) He was asked to return to school.
(b) He was sent away.
(c) He was given medicine.
(d) He was assigned a spiritual guide.
2. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
(a) That he rarely attended church.
(b) That he never prayed in front of them.
(c) That he defaced a Bible.
(d) That he sometimes stole.
3. How did Gra feel about praying the rosary?
(a) He always forgot to pray the rosary.
(b) It was a routine.
(c) It brought him joy.
(d) He hated it.
4. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
(a) Purification of the self.
(c) Awakening of the self.
(d) Spiritual marriage.
5. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
(a) She was devout.
(b) She didn't want to be gossiped about.
(c) She was too afraid.
(d) She never heard gossip.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how many stages did the author say Padre Pio's ministry had?
2. In Chapter 3, how were Padre Pio's vows described?
3. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
4. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
5. Where was Padre Pio told he was terminally ill?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)