|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
(a) To try to destract him.
(b) To keep people away.
(c) Because he was unholy.
(d) Because he was convincing them of their faith.
2. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
(a) Because he was always unprepared.
(b) Because he spoke to heavenly beings.
(c) Because he evoked demons.
(d) Because he gave mass out of his house.
3. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
(a) Because it was a witness to Christ.
(b) Because his teacher suggested it.
(c) Because it made him feel better about leaving his family.
(d) Because it would keep him from temptation.
4. What did Padre Pio study in Chapter 3 in order to become a friar?
(a) Mary's life.
(b) Biblical history.
(c) Community life.
(d) Charity mangement.
5. Who was healed at St. Pellegrino the Martyr when Padre Pio visited?
(a) A child.
(b) An elderly woman.
(c) His mother.
(d) A black man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author name the first five years after Padre Pio returned home?
2. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
3. How did Dr. Lombardi describe Padre Pio's trances?
4. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
5. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)