|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
(a) Because he was convincing them of their faith.
(b) Because he was unholy.
(c) To try to destract him.
(d) To keep people away.
2. What happened when Padre Pio covered his hand wounds?
(a) The bandages wouldn't stay in place.
(b) They became worse.
(c) They went away for awhile.
(d) He was wounded on his arms.
3. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
(a) A bishop.
(b) A king.
(c) A pope.
(d) A writer.
4. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
(a) He was sad.
(b) He agreed.
(c) He was confused.
(d) He was angry.
5. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
(a) That he sometimes stole.
(b) That he defaced a Bible.
(c) That he rarely attended church.
(d) That he never prayed in front of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how did the author try to tie Padre Pio's life to the stages of mystical experience?
2. Who recorded the instance of Padre Pio speaking with demons?
3. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
4. What vision did Padre Pio report having in 1903?
5. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)