|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
(a) Because he was always unprepared.
(b) Because he gave mass out of his house.
(c) Because he spoke to heavenly beings.
(d) Because he evoked demons.
2. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
(a) Awakening of the self.
(b) Spiritual marriage.
(d) Purification of the self.
3. When was Padre Pio declared terminally ill?
4. What did the Rule of St. Francis forbid?
(a) Praying at night.
(b) Not shaving facial hair.
(c) Wearing shoes.
(d) Taking vacations.
5. Where was Padre Pio told he was terminally ill?
(a) In Naples.
(b) In the United States.
(c) At the Vatican.
(d) At the friary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author name the first five years after Padre Pio returned home?
2. In Chapter 2, how did Padre Pio's father react when he told him about speaking with a guardian angle?
3. What happened when Padre Pio told his superiors about his visions in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 1, what was life like in Pietrelcina?
5. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)