|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
2. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
(a) A lack of official records.
(b) Unreliable sources.
(c) Burned documents.
(d) A language barrier.
3. What did the Rule of St. Francis forbid?
(a) Not shaving facial hair.
(b) Wearing shoes.
(c) Taking vacations.
(d) Praying at night.
4. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
(a) Because he spoke to heavenly beings.
(b) Because he gave mass out of his house.
(c) Because he evoked demons.
(d) Because he was always unprepared.
5. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
(a) That his sister had an out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
(b) That his brother had killed someone accidentally.
(c) That the local church was becoming corrupt.
(d) That Padre Pio wasn't welcome in his hometown.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
2. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
3. What city is Pietrelcina near?
4. When did other people, aside from Benedetto, learn about Padre Pio's visions?
5. What did Giovanna Rizzani say Padre Pio's form promised her?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)