|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Between Heaven and Hell, Chapter 7, The Double Exile, Chapter 8, The Dark Night of the Soul.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Padre Pio study at the friary at San Marco la Catola?
2. How did Padre Pio feel about the mystics when he first learned about them?
(a) He was humored by them.
(b) He was greatly influenced by them.
(c) He disliked their ideas.
(d) He liked their ideas, but quickly forgot them.
3. Why did Padre Pio join Capuchin Order?
(a) To train to be a priest.
(b) To learn world languages.
(c) To study history.
(d) To become a friar.
4. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
(a) That he was witness to Christ.
(b) That he had multiple personalities.
(c) That he could bilocate.
(d) That he could speak to the dead.
5. In Chapter 8, how did the author try to tie Padre Pio's life to the stages of mystical experience?
(a) Through his first-hand experience with Padre Pio.
(b) Through records from Padre Pio's church.
(c) Through historical accounts of Padre Pio's life.
(d) Through Padre Pio's writings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Benedetto learned of Padre Pio's wounds?
2. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
3. What did the Rule of St. Francis forbid?
4. How old was Padre Pio when he visited St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
5. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)